Who is Following You?

last reply
30 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Okay... I've been on Lush for about a year and a half. I've been a Story Moderator for about 7 months. I have read many wonderful stories... and some... not so worthy ones. I follow some specific authors... some no longer post here or are members (which does disappoint me... but life goes on.)

Anyway... today I noticed that I got a new follower (it was mentioned in my Timeline) so I thought... just how many followers do I have? I was shocked to see that as of this posting I have 96 followers.

I know that sounds boastful... but I honestly thought I had maybe 10-20... not nearly 100... it was kind of a cool thing to see.

So... who else has ever looked at their followers? Were you shocked by the number? Was it higher or lower than you expected? Please share!
Head Nurse
0 likes
Every time I've looked at my followers I've been surprised, pleased, and humbled by numbers and the identities of my followers.
Lurker
0 likes
As of right now I have 109 followers. Some of which are my best friends on Lush and some who I've never talked to. It's always been about writing great stories, so I never knew how many until this moment.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse
Every time I've looked at my followers I've been surprised, pleased, and humbled by numbers and the identities of my followers.

I follow you.

Into your dreams.

and....

NIGHTMARES!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I have 942 followers... I've been writing for a few years now so obviously that factors into the numbers as well. I'm absolutely grateful for that kind of support - writing is what brought me here and kept me here. smile
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I have 137 followers...
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
I have 20 honestly.

Only 20.

Only been here a few months though.

And I write for myself. I don't write stroke stories. Never will. I aspire to something more so...

It is what it is.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan

I follow you.

Into your dreams.

and....

NIGHTMARES!

You are so naughty MadMartigan!
Lurker
0 likes
I only have a shadow following me, and it Captn' Crunch.YNIxri45cNG2pYKG
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

You are so naughty MadMartigan!

I admit. I looked over my shoulder.
Lurker
0 likes
I think I have about 6 maybe. And Ms. NymphWriter I follow you also not because of your good looks tho ;) (Maybe alittle) (ke)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have 248 followers currently and I appreciate each and every one. I never in my wildest dreams ever imagined myself as a writer (story teller) so this kind of a following is beyond wonderful!
Lurker
0 likes
He is.
Head Penguin
0 likes
Somehow I have 577 followers!

I am so happy and grateful to have that many people who want to read my stories

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I have 580 followers. I'm so completely shocked I have so many. I'm honored and grateful so many want to follow and read my stories.
Head Penguin
0 likes
Quote by Poppet
I have 580 followers. I'm so completely shocked I have so many. I'm honored and grateful so many want to follow and read my stories.

You're beating me by three! I need to go on a charm offensive! Still way to go to catch Ashleigh!

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Primus Omnium
0 likes
I am happy with my 206 followers. They have been very loyal. And they started increasing, interestingly enough, when the old category was eliminated.
0 likes
Well, it doesn't really matter how many followers you have, considering the people still need to read your stories, and vote on them. I have 308 followers, but how many people do I have voting on my stories? Much less.
Lurker
0 likes
It's not the quantity but the quality ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OMG, I have 100 followers. I have never written anything so I am not really sure what they are following. I thought only authors had followers. Must be my "clever" forum posts. LOL. But to those who are my sincerest Thanks! Ill try to give you something interesting once in a while if I can so I don't bore you! LOL
Chuckanator
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter
Okay... I've been on Lush for about a year and a half. I've been a Story Moderator for about 7 months. I have read many wonderful stories... and some... not so worthy ones. I follow some specific authors... some no longer post here or are members (which does disappoint me... but life goes on.)

Anyway... today I noticed that I got a new follower (it was mentioned in my Timeline) so I thought... just how many followers do I have? I was shocked to see that as of this posting I have 96 followers.

I know that sounds boastful... but I honestly thought I had maybe 10-20... not nearly 100... it was kind of a cool thing to see.

So... who else has ever looked at their followers? Were you shocked by the number? Was it higher or lower than you expected? Please share!

Well I am one of your followers. I have not been here a year yet but have 63 followers. Never checked before your post.
Lurker
0 likes
My man, friends, former friends, a few best friends, and so on..some close friends and fellow authors and others who read my work occasionally. And those I can't define..

And a lot I don't know why. But I hope they like something about me.

Big thanks to those who read anything of mine and ENJOY it...and comment/vote.

I have 75.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
In the 3 short months I've been a member, 75 wonderful readers have followed my stories. I think that's an incredible honor, and I thank each and every one of them.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I have a lot of followers on the list. Certainly not all vote or leave comments, actually most of them don't. I do hope they are reading. I generally get a lot of readers. I am extremely grateful to have them. I love writing my stories and poems, and knowing that someone is reading and enjoying them is a real blessing to me. I am truly blown away that I have received over 1,500,000 total story views.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
I've been here for quite a few years now so I've picked up a pretty good following. Most never comment or vote, which is fine. They've followed because there was something in my writing that appealed to them. If they read something and felt strongly enough to want notification when I put out something new, ll that's about the biggest confirmation and compliment I can get.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by kornslayer1
Well, it doesn't really matter how many followers you have, considering the people still need to read your stories, and vote on them. I have 308 followers, but how many people do I have voting on my stories? Much less.

Here's a little advice for you, mate: When someone takes the time and effort to leave some constructive feedback and offer a bit of friendly advice on your writing, it would stand you in good stead to take the advice onboard and show a little appreciation instead of responding by sending out snotty PMs accusing people of "bitching" about the "small flawed details" of your stories.

I'd also like to turn your attention to a recent blog of yours: "Above all else, say 'Fuck you!' to the assholes that are only interested in bringing you down, and picking out even the small flawed details. They are out there, so have that middle finger ready. Yes, I have came across more than my fair share of them."

Unfortunately, and you may not realise this, the "assholes" to whom you are referring, are the people who are telling you the truth and trying to give you a nudge in the right direction.

So, taking all this into account, is it any wonder that very few of your 308 followers bother to leave feedback on you stories?
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Followers ....

For those writers, especially the ones that joined in 2010/2011/2012, many of those that initially wrote for the now defunct "incest" category, have huge followers. Not only did they garner followers, they also have had huge views on their pages.

For newer writers .... just write great stories and the followers will cum ....

@Nikki703 .... now that is truly an awesome!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Roger_Mellie

Here's a little advice for you, mate: When someone takes the time and effort to leave some constructive feedback and offer a bit of friendly advice on your writing, it would stand you in good stead to take the advice onboard and show a little appreciation instead of responding by sending out snotty PMs accusing people of "bitching" about the "small flawed details" of your stories.

I'd also like to turn your attention to a recent blog of yours: "Above all else, say 'Fuck you!' to the assholes that are only interested in bringing you down, and picking out even the small flawed details. They are out there, so have that middle finger ready. Yes, I have came across more than my fair share of them."

Unfortunately, and you may not realise this, the "assholes" to whom you are referring, are the people who are telling you the truth and trying to give you a nudge in the right direction.

So, taking all this into account, is it any wonder that very few of your 308 followers bother to leave feedback on you stories?

Oh well, he blocked me after I gave a comment on one of the biggest pieces of shit that I've seen here! Miraculously my comment vanished.
I've read others, all the same level.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh
Followers ....

For those writers, especially the ones that joined in 2010/2011/2012, many of those that initially wrote for the now defunct "incest" category, have huge followers. Not only did they garner followers, they also have had huge views on their pages.

No shit.

I fucked my parent, my sibling, a cousin, three uncles or everyone in the extended family, except the pets.

Instant 500 followers and 30,000 story views. Yet they act like they've won a fucking Emmy.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.