why send a friend request if you don't know me

last reply
222 replies
15.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
as stated in profile, avi isn't me. you have no idea what i look like if not a friend. i spend a lot of time in forum games and they understand me. at least those who get to know me. now go read my profile, would you still send a f/r? so with my negative profile and can't see pic of me, why so many f/r from me and other girls who you know isn't them
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
In my defence babes you f/r me

I agree though, I've had to make my settings the same as yours all anyone can see if they view my profile is my bio and who I am following and I clearly state in my bio that there is little point in sending me a random f/r as I will not accept yet I still get them and some in all honestly are rather vulgar something which again I clearly state in my bio I do not appreciate.

Noone knows what I look like either unless I become friends with them, actually that said my facial pics are in a pvt album so even some who are friends have yet to see them, I allow that only once I am comfortable with them.

Like you I am miffed and look forward to seeing the responses because I have no answers for you.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
Good way to get people to look at your profile.....

Good self-promotion!!

0 likes
See, I rarely send them out and I generally respect those requests not to. I am not here to build a friend's list.

Now, why do other guys still try to friend you? As you kind of suggest, they see the avatar and confuse it with the person. Some just seem to want to rack up as many women on their list as they. Also, you're pretty fun on the forums so maybe some of them fall for your personality (like, um, me ).
0 likes
Okay, I've sent out exactly one friend request, once, to a person who commented on my story (she accepted, thank you, Poppet). And why whine in public about your avatar? Why are you using someone elses' pic anyway? Oh, that's right, you want attention--want people to see your avi, think it's you, go to your profile page, and friend request you. My avatar is me; what exactly are you hiding, besides loneliness and need?
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

0 likes
I understand your frustration, don't get me wrong, but I think it's more like throwing darts. Some you get to know, and others just fall through the cracks, and you are left wondering why you are friends in the first place. The more f/r's thrown out, the better chances of making real friends.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Perhaps as a preemptive measure of getting to know you?

My closest friends here didn't become my closest friends until after they requested me as a friend. People may notice what you post in the forum, and may want to get you know you, so they do a friend add.

And you may project that you're not someone that anyone may want to get to know, but some people may think you're worth knowing in spite of all that. Go figure.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
Okay, I've sent out exactly one friend request, once, to a person who commented on my story (she accepted, thank you, Poppet). And why whine in public about your avatar? Why are you using someone elses' pic anyway? Oh, that's right, you want attention--want people to see your avi, think it's you, go to your profile page, and friend request you. My avatar is me; what exactly are you hiding, besides loneliness and need?

Ouch!!

For the record many people don't want to post their real pics...I rarely share mine..
But I do think she wants attention for sure..I agree...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart

Ouch!!

For the record many people don't want to post their real pics...I rarely share mine..
But I do think she wants attention for sure..I agree...

for the record i was really interested in why but now i don't care.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

yeah in 2009 when i first came to lush my pics were of me too. come back and tell me same in 5 years
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

You're welcome, darling. I was honoured to become friends with you.

As for me, I'm pretty much agreeing with HT.

If you use a fake avatar, it is going to attract attention to your profile. People, or a lot of people join Lush to be social. So, people, of both sexes are going to send you friends request. Sadly, not everyone reads profiles. Some people only want a certain sex, some don't want friends at all, or from certain place, what-have-you. Regardless of what you say or don't say on your profile, you're bound to get friend requests. You'll see that on any social media site. I say, get used to it, dear. You have the choice of approving or not!
Lurker
0 likes
you have all missed my point. i tell everyone that the avi is not me but i get so many f/r telling me i am beautiful and would love to know me. they never even took the time to read my profile. and for all you who thought i wrote this thread for attention, kiss my fucking ass, i get more than enough attention
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by ginger86
as stated in profile, avi isn't me. you have no idea what i look like if not a friend. i spend a lot of time in forum games and they understand me. at least those who get to know me. now go read my profile, would you still send a f/r? so with my negative profile and can't see pic of me, why so many f/r from me and other girls who you know isn't them

(cutting to the chase)

Because none of those dopes read profiles and are just trying to collect friends so they have access to as many pics of naked females as possible.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

oh wow, you have been here a whole 4 months, come back and talk in 4 years, see how you feel then
Lurker
0 likes
ok .. my bad.. i forgot you can't ask a serious question in here. go somewhere else and let this thread die
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by ginger86
ok .. my bad.. i forgot you can't ask a serious question in here. go somewhere else and let this thread die

If you're referring to my post, I'm not being dismissive. That's the straight up truth. Fools don't read profiles, they just want to see tits and get off privately to the glow of their laptop or ipad. They don't want to know you, they just have the same warmed over lines to offer with the little friendship request. It hasn't occurred to them that your avi is not you because all the blood that might normally be in their brains is in their dicks.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ginger86

you wanted the attention, and now you have it!

Lurker
0 likes
it's a good fucking thing i asked the guys sending the friend request, girls can be real bitches in their replies
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Best of luck. Unfortunately, the guys you're referring to aren't that common around the forums, and those that do see it surely won't have the balls to face their foolery by replying directly. smile Would love to see one own up though.
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart

Oh c'mon, you're never wanted some attention with all of your endless woe is me and emotional vampire posts/threads all over the forums? Who doesn't like a little attention now and again, although I really don't think that was the point of the post. As LadyX mentioned, I do think the question is futile. The horny rabid male friend requesters are not going to answer. They're too busy sending FR. If you find it an issue, make it that only gold members can FR you.

I'm not a guy, but I'm gonna reply. I don't think your AV matters; mine's real, hers is admittedly fake. If the guys think you have pretty pink parts they're gonna send you a FR. They cast their nets far and wide. It's a numbers game and nothing more for a lot of them.

That being said, that is by no means all of the men on Lush. I've made some wonderful male friends here who I talk to more than almost any of the women.
Lurker
0 likes
-attentionprostitute!- LOL

ROFLMAO

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart

somehow you got the impression i wrote this thread for attention when i actually wrote it to get less attention. i want people to actually read my profile not just see that avatar and think it is me.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CurlyGirly

Oh c'mon, you're never wanted some attention with all of your endless woe is me and emotional vampire posts/threads all over the forums? Who doesn't like a little attention now and again, although I really don't think that was the point of the post. As LadyX mentioned, I do think the question is futile. The horny rabid male friend requesters are not going to answer. They're too busy sending FR. If you find it an issue, make it that only gold members can FR you.

I'm not a guy, but I'm gonna reply. I don't think your AV matters; mine's real, hers is admittedly fake. If the guys think you have pretty pink parts they're gonna send you a FR. They cast their nets far and wide. It's a numbers game and nothing more for a lot of them.

That being said, that is by no means all of the men on Lush. I've made some wonderful male friends here who I talk to more than almost any of the women.

yes i wanted attention, from those i considered friends, which seems apparent we can no longer be.
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by ginger86

yes i wanted attention, from those i considered friends, which seems apparent we can no longer be.

If you will notice, my post was NOT directed at you.
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by ginger86
it's a good fucking thing i asked the guys sending the friend request, girls can be real bitches in their replies

Babes Anyone who knows you knows you didn't make this forum for attention

I've seen the pics of yourself you used to use as an avatar beautiful and you didn't have to resort to using your tits

@ DSH seriously I was gonna say some shit but Curly girl took the words right out of my mouth I'm still cringing over the sad cage forum (shudders)

I agree with Ladyx and curlygirl doubtful any of those men are gonna post here they are too busy f/r but it would have been nice to find out why say for example they feel after reading my bio they can send me a f/r saying "small is cute will you swallow my cum" but I guess its not going to be. Thanks to the 2 guys who did post so far though it shed some light.

@ Curlygirl and Ginger really wish you two could sort this out whatever it is @ curlygirl I know she misses you.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Let's take it down a few notches and keep personal things personal.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

I will be damned. You mean there is someone on lush with their actual picture as an avatar. My avatar isn't me either and what I am hiding is me, from assholes. I also get that " would love to be friends, you are so beautiful" when it isn't me. I state it in my profile but guess no one reads. I pick and choose who sees the real me because I don't really give a fuck for most people here. Most are rude and crude. You seem like that
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CurlyGirly

If you will notice, my post was NOT directed at you.

so sorry cg, reread and realized it wasn't about me. again sorry