Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

last reply
25 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Not sure what it means..I've binged it before. Can't recall.

Other than that it means a lot of yummy Mexican food.

Might have to go to my favorite Mexican restaurant later.

And get my favorite meal.I always get the same thing..
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

You found my cat!!
Can you give him some treats for me?

Without looking it up, do you know what it means??
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

Yes

Other than the fifth of May, what does it mean?

Not the literal translation.

What is the significance of it???????

That's what I'm asking, rude***!!

Yo no soy estupida!!

I don't know character marks on my tablet.

Como estupida crees que soy yo?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Isn't it Mexican Independence Day or something like that? Kind of funny that until Corona Beer became popular no one ever heard of Cinco De Mayo, HAHA
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart

Other than the fifth of May, what does it mean?

Not the literal translation.

What is the significance of it???????

That's what I'm asking, rude***!!

Yo no soy estupida!!

I don't know character marks on my tablet.

Como estupida crees que soy yo?

Why don't you google the damned thing then? It would have taken far less time to do that then to keep this thread going down the path it is.

Not once did I call you stupid or even elude to that, you were the one that brought all of that up. I think it's time you back away from your computer and get some fresh air. There is no reason to continue your shit storm and slinging mud at many of the members on this site. We don't need attitudes like yours here.
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
Isn't it Mexican Independence Day or something like that? Kind of funny that until Corona Beer became popular no one ever heard of Cinco De Mayo, HAHA

Yes it's the day that the Mexican's gained independence from the Spaniards. It also just happens to sound pretty damned cool too, not to mention it calls out the date (5th of May).
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

Why don't you google the damned thing then? It would have taken far less time to do that then to keep this thread going down the path it is.

If you know, why not just tell her... That would have been faster too instead of acting like a chode.

Cinco de Mayo isn't Mexican Independence day. It was when the Mexicans won a big battle against the French in Puebla. It isn't really celebrated in Mexico and it's more of an American Holiday.

EDIT:

Quote by Dudealicious

Yes it's the day that the Mexican's gained independence from the Spaniards. It also just happens to sound pretty damned cool too, not to mention it calls out the date (5th of May).

You posted this before I could answer and you just turned this into a funny ass thread dude
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
It's celebrated in some parts of Mexico as well. Mostly Puebla, though...and understandably so.

Most Americans that celebrate it don't know what it means...and most do think it's 'Mexican Independence Day', or a day to wear sombreros and eat Americanized Mexican food and drink margaritas and pretend they know Mexican history.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

Not once did I call you stupid or even elude to that, you were the one that brought all of that up. I think it's time you back away from your computer and get some fresh air. There is no reason to continue your shit storm and slinging mud at many of the members on this site. We don't need attitudes like yours here.

And the gifs you posted to me are what-NOT insulting??? You're the rude one.

Pot-meet kettle.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dani
It's celebrated in some parts of Mexico as well. Mostly Puebla, though...and understandably so.

Most Americans that celebrate it don't know what it means...and most do think it's 'Mexican Independence Day', or a day to wear sombreros and eat Americanized Mexican food and drink margaritas and pretend they know Mexican history.

I don't know Mexican history..that's why I had said I had looked it up before.

But I couldn't recall.

Maybe we should poll all members and see what the results are and give them to Dude
Wrapped up in a bow as a present.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It is the celebration of the Mexicans defeating the French army at the battle of Puebla. I am not sure of the year.

I happen to be a half Italian, half Celtic red head that lives in Denver Colorado where there are plenty of people that are Mexican or of Mexican descent that celebrate the holiday. As far as I am concerned, why not have a good time?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CleverFox
It is the celebration of the Mexicans defeating the French army at the battle of Pueblo. I am not sure of the year.

Funny how such an innocent question could get so ugly.
Especially when I had no malice when asking it.
Thanks for your input.

Would Dud respond so vehemently had it been someone else asking the question?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

You posted this before I could answer and you just turned this into a funny ass thread dude

I'm not laughing.. oh wait. maybe I am at your arrogance. At Dud's..not you Felix.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart

Funny how such an innocent question could get so ugly.
Especially when I had no malice when asking it.
Thanks for your input.

What the fuck did you expect? You were dealing with Colin Ferral Jr, wise ass. Better recognize, mija.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

What the fuck did you expect? You were dealing with Colin Ferral Jr, wise ass. Better recognize, mija.

I think he secretly loves me ..haha..

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

C'mon now!!!! Seriously?! I was following along just fine.

Oh, and Magical_Felix ... Oh well, didn't feel like going through all the pages of icons.

P.s. I still love ya!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Be glad I'm not a chola!! Smiles..mijo

Though I was asked if I was in a gang once, and I do love West Coast gangsta rap..

And I do have the urge to throw up the westside gangster hand sign.

And likes to yell out, Westside while listening to said West Coast gangsta rap.

Laughs......
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

She knows what it is Play along Dude!

Hey, how's it going on your side? Are you celebrating anything?
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by AngelHeart01

Oh, and Magical_Felix ...

Keep shaking that ass at me and we can make up a new holiday. One where a Mexican invades the South. Knowwhattamean, sweet cheeks?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Keep shaking that ass at me and we can make up a new holiday. One where a Mexican invades the South. Knowwhattamean, sweet cheeks?

Yes, I do know what ya mean. In fact, I have a few I could introduce you to. Bring your banjo, joto!
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by AngelHeart01

Yes, I do know what ya mean. In fact, I have a few I could introduce you to. Bring your banjo, joto!

I'll bring my banjo but only if you promise to let out few little squeals for me, gringa.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
HAPPY Belated Cinco De Mayo And Happy M.I.L.F. Day Everyone! The Fifth Of May In ALL Of The Country Of Mexico Celebrates The Victory Of The Mexican Army Led By General Ignacio Zaragoza Against French Forces In The City Of Puebla, On May 5, 1862.
Also Widely Celebrated In The U. S. Of A.! U. S. Festivities Of This Glorious Mexican Historical Event Are Largely A Result Of Promotions In Thee U. S. By Liquor And Beer Industries And Bars/Taverns/Clubs/Restaurants Since The Beginning Of 1980. For Many Years Cinco De Mayo Fiestas In The U. S. Promoted Cinco De Mayo As Mexican Independence Day Which Is Actually CELEBRATED On September 16, Worldwide! Although Mexicans Worldwide Feel VERY EXTREMELY Proud Of The Meaning Of Cinco De Mayo, It's Unfortunately Not A National Mexican Holiday But It Is An Official Holiday In Thee State Of Puebla Where The Mentioned Battle Took Place.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Sssnake
HAPPY Belated Cinco De Mayo And Happy M.I.L.F. Day Everyone! The Fifth Of May In ALL Of The Country Of Mexico Celebrates The Victory Of The Mexican Army Led By General Ignacio Zaragoza Against French Forces In The City Of Puebla, On May 5, 1862.
Also Widely Celebrated In The U. S. Of A.! U. S. Festivities Of This Glorious Mexican Historical Event Are Largely A Result Of Promotions In Thee U. S. By Liquor And Beer Industries And Bars/Taverns/Clubs/Restaurants Since The Beginning Of 1980. For Many Years Cinco De Mayo Fiestas In The U. S. Promoted Cinco De Mayo As Mexican Independence Day Which Is Actually CELEBRATED On September 16, Worldwide! Although Mexicans Worldwide Feel VERY EXTREMELY Proud Of The Meaning Of Cinco De Mayo, It's Unfortunately Not A National Mexican Holiday But It Is An Official Holiday In Thee State Of Puebla Where The Mentioned Battle Took Place.

Thank you Ssnake..

Hugss