Could really do with a hug !

last reply
14 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I could really do with a hug right now but being in a very long standing sexless marriage with no intimate contact, hugs are not on the agenda !

I have to put up with dreams and fading memories instead but they lack the warmth and sincerity of a hug.

Oh well better just get on with the day and put it got the back of my mind again

Sam
Lurker
0 likes
Aww..giving you lots of tight hugss..
Squeeze, squeeze, squeeze.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Arms around pulling you tight. put your head on my shoulder and I'll hold you tight. I need one of those myself.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Sam127
I could really do with a hug right now but being in a very long standing sexless marriage with no intimate contact, hugs are not on the agenda !

I have to put up with dreams and fading memories instead but they lack the warmth and sincerity of a hug.

Oh well better just get on with the day and put it got the back of my mind again

Sam

Sam, I put up with 30+ years of that and battering for the good of my children, so that I could keep them safe and loved. Now I am finally free and people wonder how I could have left "such a angel." But I learned to brave, just as you are by starting this column. I am glad you got your hugs, finally.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Folks thanks for your comment and support

Sam
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
I really feel for you, Mate. That's a shit situation to be in.

I'd suggest you think about talking to your wife, but I see from your other posts that she's not interested in engaging in that sort of discussion. If she's unwilling to talk to you, couples counselling might be an option.

At the very least, I'd recommend maybe seeking out some counselling for yourself, even if she won't go with you. You've got to figure out what you want, and more importantly, how you're going to achieve that. Whether it's coming up with strategies to cope with the current situation, improving the relationship with your wife so your getting your needs met, or finding the strength to move on.

You deserve to be happy. You really do.

But to be brutally honest, the only way things are going to get better for you is when the fear of things staying the same outweighs the fear of making a change. It's up to you.

In the meantime, you've got a squeezey Daddysweetheart hug to keep you going, and they're worth lining up for. To say nothing of the others. Hell, I'll even throw in an awkward, manly hug of my own.

All the best, Mate. I really wish you well.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Cheers mate have sent you a pm to explain a bit more

Sam
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi Kiera, thanks for that, it was just what I wanted !

Sam
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hugs are so underrated. Gives that warm & squishy feeling, whether it be from a lover or a friend.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for that, love the name and avitar
Sam
0 likes
I know you said you were loyal and going to stay ~ I respect the committment and devotion in a world often full of self-centeredness, but I know in my heart I would not want to live like that. A-sexual is not for me unless it is a "friendship", and not even having the "mental" or "emotional" affection and sexualness. Even the lesser extent I had I would not ever wish to return to. I am a very affectionate type person. I would not believe in cheating, but I couldn't be content or happy with that and making do, especially not ever knowing what it was even like to be with someone who enjoyed touch...UNless there were other reasons (like health issues, not just A-sexualness). No, but that is just me Sweetie. I was willing to be alone and wait after my divorce and attempt at dating until I COULD really find that and what I was looking for. I did not know if I ever would. We all have things that are important to us, and we all have sacrifices. Sometimes things just happen beyond our control too... You know I wish you well. You know I would gladly sip Earl Grey tea in the garden and talk about more than the rose blooms. My heart goes out. I am glad we have had a chance to talk. Take care.

Hugs are wonderful. We all need them.

(PS. But I cannot hug you with JUST that comely red underwear on!! My My! XD)

Never underestimate the power of a big genuine hug! smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words: you are without doubt an inspiration.

I would naturally want to wear more suitable attire to accommodate your hug so as not to confuse this gesture with anything more that simply human friendship because, I too adhere, and always will do, to the commitment made several decades ago.

Sam

(Ps do hope you take your Earl Grey tea in its purest form without the addition of competing colour or flavourings )
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hope you are doing well Sam!!! Haven't talked to you in a while! Have a great day!