Tattoos:yes or no?

last reply
91 replies
10.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Are tattoos on a woman a turn on/off? Or is it not an issue either way?

I was at lunch the other day and a woman walked past(she had a half sleeve) and the group of guys next to me were discussing it. One guy was a flat no would not bang. And one was hell yeah. The other 2 just thought she was hot and didn't care. So, yes/no/whatever?
Lurker
0 likes
Dont care either way. Not a big fan of chest tats on a lady.
Lurker
0 likes
depends on how many and location
Lurker
0 likes
I think a big turn on if they go with her body
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think they are attractive, if they are done right, and no on tramp stamps...lol.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Depends on where...not a fan of them on the neck but others are fine if done right. Something that can only be seen when panties are removed are over the top hot.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
I love tattoos on woman and men, tastefully done that is. Everyone always seems to expect me to have one hidden somewhere. I deny, I deny, I deny. I do actually have one, very hidden. It's his mark and not out of some need to rebel. My guy on the other hand, Mr. Super Conservative Executive, has plenty. The fact that it's unexpected and is pretty indicative of his very naughty side makes my coochy tingle. Love it. First time I saw them, I was completely soaked.
? A True Story ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like but do not have one too chicken I guess
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
yes luv good tattoos very sexy
0 likes
They don't turn me on (at least I haven't found one that does so yet) but overdoing it can turn me off. There's a female singer I like who is quite lovely until I look a her shoulders and upper arms which are heavily inked and that kind of puts me off.

Yes, I've seen some small, nicely done ones that I like but, in the end, it's not my thing.
Lurker
0 likes
It all depends on the tattoo and the woman, some suit them some don't.

Good example

Bad example

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
It really depends for me...

Although not really a major 'turn-on' per se, I can appreciate large nicely designed artistic tattoos like these:

I generally like girls with a certain 'unconventional' side (though not necessarily openly/overtly so), so there can be some appeal in it for me. This is especially appealing for me when the girl is naturally gorgeous/hot, but kinda jeopardizes her 'superficial model look' to trade it for a badass/unconventional look. I've seen a few girls that could easily have been models display a rather 'fucked up' style in a trashy bar I used to go to; not necessarily girls I would normally date (though that's still a possibility), but they definitely provoke an appreciative glance for me.

Smaller ones can be nice too, either on visible body parts or concealed:

The thing is, I'm rather difficult to please concerning tattoos; it's very easy to mess it up with either bad design or bad location. Sometimes the original idea was good, but the final result can look awkward if the artist was mediocre or the way it's placed on the body looks off. I actually had a hard time finding tattoos that really pleased me online (the four pictures above); I was either neutral or unfavorable to most that appeared in my search.

From my personal experience with girls, I've come to be a bit wary of tattoos. My very first girlfriend had a tramp-stamp, and although the design was original/artistic (a colorful sunset), I rapidly became accustomed and neutral to it. I also had some other dates/fuckbuddies/friends who had tattoos, and most of the time I was either neutral or unfavorable to them (some of them really were unsightly). Sometimes I encountered tattoos that looked good, but as I've said I became accustomed to them rather rapidly anyway.

According to this, I usually mention 'no tattoos' as a preference. Some really can look great, but if I was to have a blind-date with a random girl and choose a few criteria, I'd play it safe and choose 'no tattoos'.

As a guy, if I was to get inked I'd choose this design, with a brain/heart tattooed on each of my biceps with 'old English encyclopedia' writings and probably a few 'artistic veins' running down my arms. I've had this design on my mind since quite a few years actually (the picture was made by me):

It's far from being a necessity for me though, and I'd run the same risk of messing it up as described above. And I'd really opt for a renowned/respectable artist and pay the full price. One of my friends had great colorful tattoos on his entire arms, and the price he paid for each arm was around $700-1000; I'd probably expect to pay around $1000 for mine.
Lurker
0 likes
Some tattoos are sexy as hell, and sometimes they are a huge turn off, it really depends...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love tattoos and piercings so that would be a problem at all plus I've got tattoos and piercings myself
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Bree0123
I like but do not have one too chicken I guess

Haha, you and me both!
Lurker
0 likes
I think it depends a lot more on the girl, but the total body coverage isn't something I really like usually.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm not a guy but...
I love tattoos but they need to look nice and flow. I myself have 4 with plans for more, but i take time to think about placement and make sure I go to someone who does great work.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
tattoos can be very sexy…or they can be terrible. It really depends on the girl and the tat. generally speaking I think they are very hot on girls
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
It follows Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crap! Probably more like 99% in the case of tats. Why defile your skin with bad art?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love tats on a man. It like a mark of their "maleness". Sometimes its a story of their life. So trace them with yr fingers and read ladies.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
'Ink', take it or leave it.
Some people seem to think it's 'Macho' to have someone stick a needle in their skin, multiple times.
The end results can be good, bad or indifferent.
My preference was to have a good looking lady pierce my skin just once, on each occasion, with a cannula (needle).
Over the years they have harvested (drawn off) whole blood, quad-packs, plasma and platelets.
May this comment be the most sincerest congratulations to all the other unsung heroes, male and female, out there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do like them . Kinda give an exotic appeal.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Too many would be a turn off, but a few are hot as hell. Yes tattoos look slutty. There ain't nothin' wrong with that!
Lurker
0 likes
Yes. Tastefully done.
Lurker
0 likes

Make mine a double
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I love tattoos on a girl…though I feel it can be over done. I think a tattoo and piercing for that matter show that you can be adventurous and I love that!
Lurker
0 likes
I think if they are done right and in a style to fit the body and person , they are very sexy on a woman.
Epically the chest plate and boobs on a woman, so dame sexy.
I have tattoos myself and if people don't like them then don't look!
The pain of getting them is part of the enjoyment of getting the tattoo....
Lurker
0 likes
Tramp stamps and ankle tattoos are cute, but girls having huge tattoos on their chests, arms, shoulder blades, stomachs, thighs, necks, etc. is an instant turn off. Looks like they just got out of prison.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I don't have tattoos. For the same reason as you wouldn't put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari.
Ambrose
Lurker
0 likes
Tats don't do it for me. It will always come back to the person inside the skin. If that part is attractive then body art is simply a way to add to the dimension.