What pics DO you want to see?

last reply
22 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I get the impression (from this site and others like OKCupid and PlentyOfFish) that women, in general, don't like all the cock-shots and topless-abs-selfies that men usually post. Is this true?

I'm also a photographer, trying to practice by taking self-portraits and hoping to work with male models, so I'd love to know what sort of photos you ladies DO like to see of men on here? Any particular outfits or poses? Maybe you could share examples of some of your favourites?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SamHarper
I get the impression (from this site and others like OKCupid and PlentyOfFish) that women, in general, don't like all the cock-shots and topless-abs-selfies that men usually post. Is this true?

I'm also a photographer, trying to practice by taking self-portraits and hoping to work with male models, so I'd love to know what sort of photos you ladies DO like to see of men on here? Any particular outfits or poses? Maybe you could share examples of some of your favourites?

Sam gets brownie points for caring - and being a photographer wanting to improve his craft. Sorry they're only fictional and not redeemable in stores.

I've come to really appreciate a bit of everything.

Sensual and sexy seems to do more with a hint at the person's character - how would you portray considerate, outgoing, daring, confident? That's what people see. There are ways of taking such pictures - and it being neh, not really exciting. But then have the model change position - and voila, there's the shot. Is that just the golden-balance? No - certain things are far more appealing, visually, because it connects to emotions and personalities on a subconscious level.

I have a photo album that I add to - mostly of men - for story inspiration and a lot of those guys are an equal turn on - and some are average joes, or just wearing things like jeans and a t-shirt. There's even a rasta-man - dreadlocks and a cigarette. But there's something about the way he stands for that one pic that's just sexy sexy. Some sort of casual aloofness or something.

I've always said men were like candies - some come with wrappers, some come without wrappers - but you want to nibble them all the same. That's so true for me. Sometimes the wrapper is part of the whole fun of having the candy. My favorite candy are strawberry filled crunchy things with juice in the middle. The wrapper looks like a strawberry - and forever that's always been my favorite thing. They're pretty in a bowl - and I even did artwork with the wrappers one year for school. LOL!

==

Consequently (and it was posted on this forum some time long ago) there was a study done about what women found attractive - just regarding facial expressions. Happy (smiling), exuberant (celebrating somehow), neutral (casual expression), and sad (looking down - not so much frowning as being physically 'humble').

Women found neutral and even sad more inviting on a scale of 1-10.

Men, when it was reversed for them - found women who were exuberant or happy to be more appealing.

And this might explain why some women HATE to smile in photos (as a jeweler I ran into this all the time - women hate smiling for jewelry shots!) and men always go 'pretty necklace but it would be even more appealing if you smiled more' and those women would go 'but I'm UGLY when I smile!'

LOL - it was a constant frustration for me. A constant frustration - I even had one person just quit when I insisted she smile, damnit - and that's that. LOL

So men tend to smile in photos and don't realize this might be seen as the least appealing thing. I think a few men can get away with a smile - if their smile is either A) mischievous. B) full (full lips). These are the two smiles I've seen that women have complimented in certain photos.

Now - cock shots. I actually find them interesting when I'm sober. If I'm turned on they turn me on more. I just don't like having to see them when I don't want to. Not gross - just 'not in the mood'. When it comes down to it, though, I really truly like the 'clothed and hard' pics - I could actually get off on those. Mmm
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
The thing is, we don't hate most types of pictures and can appreciate them for what they are. It's typically the method you use to show us these pictures that are off putting.

Most of us prefer a say in the matter. It's not the first thing I wanna see when I'm browsing a profile. Some guys have a public image gallery full of dick pics, complete with their dick pic tiled as their profile background. And then there are the guys who randomly send a PM saying, 'Hey! Look! It's me and/or my dick. What do you think?' It's all extremely eye-roll inducing.

Some guys are just so eager in showing us their man meat that they don't stop to consider that we may not wanna see it...just yet. It's very overwhelming, and we become so desensitized to cock pics that we just ignore them if they're shown to us when we don't ask for them or seek them out.

However, to those guys that have an album full cock pics that you say are all yours, but they're all obviously different cocks, please keep doing that. It's hilarious. I laugh heartily every time.

With other types of pics, it's more or less the same. I personally find the solo torso/bicep pictures hilarious. 'Want some of this? Wanna get to know me? Look at my bod.' But that's just me...I'm weird that way. I do think that because of the prevalence of the dick pic, pictures of other body parts are a welcome relief, but aren't particularly eye-catching to those that aren't already seeking them out.

As far as my preferences go, I'm more abstract. I like pictures of things that represent different facets of who a person is. If you're doing a facial pic, I prefer something that looks sincere and even goofy, and not like you're trying to look attractive or intense. A lot of guys take the, 'I'm so intense and deep' approach and it just falls so flat. Throw in some pics of paraphernalia of your favorite sports team(s). Have a hipster moment and take a picture of your cup of coffee. Even some pictures of women/men you find attractive so I get some idea of what you're into. I enjoy things like that.

I can appreciate a nice body shot, but those don't move me unless they're accompanied by a better representation of yourself in a more sincere sense.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Head Nurse
0 likes
Someone compared this to a bar, and I find that to be a fairly accurate description. Just like I dont want to walk up to a guy in a bar who is waving his cock about, I dont want to bombarded with it here. Guys are somuch easier, wear a low cut shirt, and you're in.

Girls want to be approached, preferably in something that is a) not smelly and dirty, at least not unless you are directly off work(men doing things with their jobs are very sexy) But dont send me a picture that has your toliet in it, clean the background up a bit. I dont want to be treated to a picture of what a slob you are. and yes, I will notice the pile of dirty clothes in the background.

b) dont assume that because you are talking to me that I am interested in cyber jumping your bones. so treat me to the types of pictures you would share on fb. not those in your private album. unless I ask for it.

c) if I do express an interest in your cock(see b), do share something that is more then just a simple dick. I like to see a guy's face, although maybe not in the same pic as the dick.(i get privacy issues) What I like about a dick pic isnt the dick, its the person the dick is attached to. And this isn't a deal breaker for me. I just like to see faces. I understand the privacy issues.)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dani
The thing is, we don't hate most types of pictures and can appreciate them for what they are. It's typically the method you use to show us these pictures that are off putting.

Most of us prefer a say in the matter. It's not the first thing I wanna see when I'm browsing a profile. Some guys have a public image gallery full of dick pics, complete with their dick pic tiled as their profile background. And then there are the guys who randomly send a PM saying, 'Hey! Look! It's me and/or my dick. What do you think?' It's all extremely eye-roll inducing.

Some guys are just so eager in showing us their man meat that they don't stop to consider that we may not wanna see it...just yet. It's very overwhelming, and we become so desensitized to cock pics that we just ignore them if they're shown to us when we don't ask for them or seek them out.

However, to those guys that have an album full cock pics that you say are all yours, but they're all obviously different cocks, please keep doing that. It's hilarious. I laugh heartily every time.

With other types of pics, it's more or less the same. I personally find the solo torso/bicep pictures hilarious. 'Want some of this? Wanna get to know me? Look at my bod.' But that's just me...I'm weird that way. I do think that because of the prevalence of the dick pic, pictures of other body parts are a welcome relief, but aren't particularly eye-catching to those that aren't already seeking them out.

I think men who do that enjoy the opposite: women (or men) who present those things for viewing entertainment. So they do what they enjoy seeing - and wonder why some find it highly off-putting. If they went to a female profile and only saw pics of her in a business suit they might get it. Hehe
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by Dirty_D
c) if I do express an interest in your cock(see b), do share something that is more then just a simple dick. I like to see a guy's face, although maybe not in the same pic as the dick.(i get privacy issues) What I like about a dick pic isnt the dick, its the person the dick is attached to.

Pfft...I know you're only in it for the 'D'. You even changed your name to it. You don't fool me, Diana.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dani

Most of us prefer a say in the matter.

I totally agree
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by Dani

Pfft...I know you're only in it for the 'D'. You even changed your name to it. You don't fool me, Diana.

busted
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by Metilda

I think men who do that enjoy the opposite: women (or men) who present those things for viewing entertainment. So they do what they enjoy seeing - and wonder why some find it highly off-putting. If they went to a female profile and only saw pics of her in a business suit they might get it. Hehe

I agree.

I'm not picking on the guys because there are tons of women here with albums full of lady bits. I think it's a bit of a cycle. Women see man meat all over a guy's profile and assume that's what all guys want in return. Men see lady bits all over a woman's profile and think that's what all women want in return.

And if I may make a blanket statement, speaking from my personal experience in my years here on Lush, men are usually more aggressive in sharing their man meat than women are in sharing their lady bits. And they get baffled when their man meat doesn't garner the same results a woman gets when she shares her lady bits.

That's a whole other topic, though. Like why are there seldom complaints when a woman has an album full of titty/vagina pics? Or when she mass PMs said titty/vagina pics? I've never seen a guy say, 'The last thing I wanna see when I browse a profile is a bunch of tit and pussy pics.'

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SamHarper

Afterthought.

What kind of photography are you doing? Nudes? Clothed models?

You know - there are some ways a guy can present himself in full naked glory - and get a standing ovation.

For me - it's a matter of 'being naked in a photo' vs 'posing nude for art's sake'

1)
This guy here figured it out - oh boy did he ever.
I love men's backs - especially if they're muscular but they don't even have to be. It invites touching - and kissing - and exploring.

Frank gave this photo to me - and I've enjoyed it in many ways. http://www.lushstories.com/metilda/images/101

2)
And then here's my personal favorite cock shot. Oh - not only do I love Peter's music, and still miss him dearly after his passing a few years back, but this is just perfect.

He's bold, but a bit shy here. Yet not afraid to touch himself in an inviting way. (There's something I just love when a guy holds himself - like this - or in his fist)

The lighting is soft - it's sensual - Perfection, really. Peter's not a super soft kind of guy, though. He was fun loving and a sort of a romantic sap at times but he was dark and a bit dangerous. Intensely passionate for the women in his life.

Definitely made my life burn a little brighter.
http://www.lushstories.com/metilda/images/120

Now - I've seen photos from guys on this forum that are done with this same concept in mind and they were all very nice to look at.

Guys love closeups - and I do sometimes, too (Peter has a few closeups ;) ) but I like the whole 'artistic arrangement' of things much more. It's inviting with a mood.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dani

I've never seen a guy say, 'The last thing I wanna see when I browse a profile is a bunch of tit and pussy pics.'

Good points in your whole post. This last part made me laugh because it's so TRUE.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by Metilda

For me - it's a matter of 'being naked in a photo' vs 'posing nude for art's sake'

This is the kicker for me. From strictly an artistic standpoint, I've always enjoyed nude art. I think that's another major reason I've always found unsolicited straight up dick/naked pics distasteful. There's nothing to truly appreciate unless you count the fact that someone's randomly showing you their dick.

Lurker
0 likes
On Lush, I can appreciate just about any picture a guy is willing/happy to share. Demands/coercion isn't really my game.
I'm slightly partial to a nice topless selfie. But I'm not allergic to a cock shot either. (Well, that's actually an understatement!) Mugshots are unnecessary - although it's fine if they want to share it.
Understandably, not everyone likes pictures displayed in such an in-your-face manner. So perhaps consider adjusting your settings (under Photo Album) to only allow select friends to view them?

I also hear a lot of complaints about authenticity, and have learnt a pretty neat trick to resolve this: Clutch/strategically place a piece of paper with your/recipient's username when you take that shot. Dead simple.

But while pictures paint thousands of words, it's really the exchange of words (via chats/bios/stories) that gives a better idea of one's personality. I'm not one to fuss over whether or not a picture's shown. But if you've got it, flaunt it. Shamelessly. Why not.

(2p)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A man's body is almost a beautiful as a woman's, almost. But it really takes the skill of the photographer to bring the beauty of man out to the audience.

I know one guy at when I first met him about 5 years ago he had one of the most beautiful bodies. Sculptured but not over muscled. I do not see him real often but when I do it seems he has added another few pounds of muscle. To tell the truth he is not the instant turn on he was at one time. But we are still friends and he is one of the good guys around this world.

I do love a man penis, erect or not, especially if he has heavy testicles and was not abused as a child by circumcision.

But I really object to the guys who you do not know at all and the first thing he does is send you a photo of his cock. Now there may be lots of 18 year old females that are impressed by such photos. But I am mature and used more of them than you could count.

Little that is new about them
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I see. Some interesting replies, thanks ladies! smile I did wonder if it was guys' behaviour rather than the actual pictures that bothered you!

I've been experimenting on myself, taking 'suggestive' clothed pics (see my profile) plus some semi-nude and carefully-angled nude shots, before doing any work with other models. But I'm just an average-looking bloke, uncut and lacking in rock-hard abs and am therefore slightly uncomfortable showing off my body...

But I do want to be able to take tasteful 'girl-friendly' images of guys and you've given me some inspiration and things to think about.
Keep 'em coming!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I appreciate that most people don't want to show their faces on this site, so I totally don't mind the headless nude torso shots or topless selfies or clothed selfies. I find them sexy. Back shots are great. Black and white, interesting lighting, shadows... maybe a little mysterious but still mostly uncontrived. Keep the poses masculine and/or casual.

Then you can always get into more 'lifestyle pics' like hanging on the beach, sunday morning lounge with a cup of java, sports, travel shots, hiking etc. It really depends on what you want to share and how much of yourself you feel comfortable putting out there.

I don't mind nudes at all, as long as they're not just a series of medical close-ups of a dick. I think the sexier option is a body shot with boxer briefs and the nice bulge of a hard cock noticeable, or where it's partially obscured by a towel or something. The suggestive shots seem sexier and a little less cave-man than "sup babe, here's my dick."
Lurker
0 likes
"Sup baby, here's my dick."

Oh my Gosh - I'm dying of laughter. You need to put that into a story! Exactly like that.

LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dani
The thing is, we don't hate most types of pictures and can appreciate them for what they are. It's typically the method you use to show us these pictures that are off putting...Some guys are just so eager in showing us their man meat that they don't stop to consider that we may not wanna see it...just yet.

Exactly! Pictures of penises aren't a turn off inherently, but the context matters. It would be creepy if a guy walked up to me and whipped his cock out, and I feel the same way about guys who display their penis in a picture for the world to see: CREEPY!

The pictures of men that I find erotic often don't involve full nudity. The guy could be completely clothed. It's all about the attitude the picture and the guy exude. Good looks helps, but if the good looking guy looks goofy or creepy, then it doesn't do it for me. I want a guy to look sophisticated, suave, a little mischievous, perhaps. Or sometimes a stone-cold stare works. It all depends.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I don't mind nudes at all, as long as they're not just a series of medical close-ups of a dick. I think the sexier option is a body shot with boxer briefs and the nice bulge of a hard cock noticeable, or where it's partially obscured by a towel or something. The suggestive shots seem sexier and a little less cave-man than "sup babe, here's my dick."

I'd say the same is true for pictures of women (which I enjoy looking at as well). Some women post pictures of close ups of their privates or just a in-your-face shot of their breasts. That is just not erotic to me. Show me a little personality in the picture...some context. And leave something to the imagination!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SamHarper
I see. Some interesting replies, thanks ladies! smile I did wonder if it was guys' behaviour rather than the actual pictures that bothered you!

I've been experimenting on myself, taking 'suggestive' clothed pics (see my profile) plus some semi-nude and carefully-angled nude shots, before doing any work with other models. But I'm just an average-looking bloke, uncut and lacking in rock-hard abs and am therefore slightly uncomfortable showing off my body...

But I do want to be able to take tasteful 'girl-friendly' images of guys and you've given me some inspiration and things to think about.
Keep 'em coming!

I'm fat.
I do what I can (you can see my photos of how to shirk mother nature and make people think you're sexy. lol)

I actually like your shots - now if you were holding a pair of cuffs in that 2nd shot (with the rolled sleeves and tensed forearms) then it would be a good blend of 2 and 3.

#1 and #2 portray 'confidence' and 'determination' - and #3 portrays playfulness.

When it comes to suit pictures - a slight undressing makes them the most appealing to me, I think. The tie undone and even hanging loose. The belt slack. The buttons of the jacket undone. Maybe the collar button free.

Seriously - just take a series of shots of you slowly loosening a tie. That's practically porn right there - I could get off to that.

It's like that one scene from the book Bared to You by Sylvia Day (erotica Crossfire series). That first scene where they're making out in his office.

Holy shit.

Did they sell tickets for that? Can I come? Please please please. LOL

Mmmm
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ericahope

I'd say the same is true for pictures of women (which I enjoy looking at as well). Some women post pictures of close ups of their privates or just a in-your-face shot of their breasts. That is just not erotic to me. Show me a little personality in the picture...some context. And leave something to the imagination!

I have to agree with this and I have received a few messages with just this in them. You won't see any pictures of my privates on my profile as my camera doesn't go down to macro size.
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Lurker
0 likes
I'd love to see their cocks drilling a cute tight ass.
Lurker
0 likes
I would rather see a face than cock anyday...but understand the need for privacy here.

I prefer sensual photos, in bdsm or not...

I like certain more hardcore bdsm ones but kept interesting..not gross.