Black box options

last reply
5 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was thinking yesterday of options when in a back-and-forth conversation via black boxes. Any chance of
* having a choice of putting the "newest" box at the top of the list instead of at the bottom?
* having a box closing by either the x or the reply be closed in all of the open tabs?
* putting the "close all" option at BOTH the top and the bottom of the series?

I continue to appreciate the work on the site -- it already is much more enjoyable than many.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Those aren't bad ideas, but your main issue seems to be that you're having a hard time managing/closing all those black boxes.

I struggled with this myself before, but found a great solution to it: simply refresh your browser to close all the black boxes on that specific tab.

Every browser has a refresh function, either on the navigation bar or through the 'right-click' menu. It's been a great time-saver for me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by drizdart
I was thinking yesterday of options when in a back-and-forth conversation via black boxes. Any chance of
* having a choice of putting the "newest" box at the top of the list instead of at the bottom?
* having a box closing by either the x or the reply be closed in all of the open tabs?
* putting the "close all" option at BOTH the top and the bottom of the series?

I continue to appreciate the work on the site -- it already is much more enjoyable than many.

Those are really great, because those black boxes can really get out of hand. Especially putting the newest box on top would be very helpful.
Lurker
0 likes
When 'Black-Boxing' (and I don't mean in a Foreman Vs Ali way...) I always keep two pages open. In the first, the boxes automatically delete as I reply. In the second they remain, so I can refer back to the outlandish lies I've told in previous postings... (Like the time I stormed the Lybian Embassy when I was with the SAS....)

xx Steph

Camp Comedian, some-time transvestite and all-round Gentleman Julian Clary tells the following story, arriving on-stage in a GIGANTIC gold lame gown: "Do you like this? I wore it when I was in the SAS and we stormed the Lybian Embassy... Well, I say wore it... I actually crashed through the window and got entangled in the curtains... But then I saw myself in a mirror and thought, 'You know this looks rather nice on me..."
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

When 'Black-Boxing' (and I don't mean in a Foreman Vs Ali way...) I always keep two pages open. In the first, the boxes automatically delete as I reply. In the second they remain, so I can refer back to the outlandish lies I've told in previous postings... (Like the time I stormed the Lybian Embassy when I was with the SAS....)

xx Steph

You lying bastard! I liked that about you.

(Wasn't it the Iranian Embassy?)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz

You lying bastard! I liked that about you.

I WAS in Viet-Nam though... But I don't talk about it...

Liz: "Stephen, it was in 2002, you were on a package holiday... I'VE SEEN THE PHOTOGRAPHS!"

Me: "I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!!!! You weren't there, Man..."

xx SF

(Incidentally, you're right, it WAS the Iranian Embassy... Except I got it wrong and assaulted the Lybian embassy instead. Solo. That's why I got kicked out of the SAS, actually... Fuckers would give me a medal if I did that NOW... Bastards.)