Login

If Scotland become independent...

last reply
2 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Head Penguin
0 likes
will the UK get a new flag? As far as I can make out the flag is made up of the English St George cross, The Scottish cross and the Irish cross. So where's Wales?

I think they should take out the Scottish bit (if they become independent) and put the Welsh dragon in one corner. That would look kinda cool.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

For American readers, Scotland is the bit at the top of England where Whisky is distilled

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Clumeleon
0 likes
I like your idea for a flag.

I suspect, however, that they won't change it, for historical/traditional/sentimental reasons. It would also mean changing all those other flags, such as Australia's, that incorporate the Union Flag.

Scotland's sorted—we have the saltire. We also have the lion rampant, as a nice back-up.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'll regret any change - the Union Jack must be the earliest, greatest example of Pop Artsmile But if change must come yes, a scary Welsh dragon would be very welcome. Other possibilities loom: should Northern Ireland have some form of separate representation incorporated, should Christian crosses be modified in our increasingly multicultural society? My feeling is that we thrive on relics of bygone times and the flag will stay as it is.