Orgasm Facts

last reply
18 replies
4.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes

1. That spark or jolt up your spine that you sometimes feel when aroused is the pudendal nerve, which connects the penis/clitoris to the brain.

2. The two body parts primarily involved in orgasms, the penis and clitoris, are homologous, meaning they both originate from the same tissue in the developing embryo.

3. Men’s orgasms stimulate the same area of the brain as heroin does in an addict’s brain.

4. A “blended” orgasm is an orgasm that occurs when two or three regions of the genital area have been stimulated, creating an additive effect.

5. Multiple orgasms are most commonly associated with women, but there’s documented reports of men experiencing this phenomenon as early as 2968 B.C.

6. Anorgasmia, literally meaning “lack of orgasm” is a condition where where a person cannot achieve orgasm, and can affect both men and women.

7. According to Planned Parenthood, 30% of women have had trouble reaching an orgasm. As many as 80% have difficulty reaching orgasm through vaginal intercourse.

8. Orgasms do not stop at a certain age. Some people can experience orgasms past the age of 90.

9. Men typically require 2–10 minutes to reach orgasm.

10. Women typically require 20 minutes of stimulation to reach orgasm.

11. But some women can achieve orgasm within 30 seconds of self-stimulation.

12. The orgasm gap refers to the difference between the percentage of men that report their female partner had an orgasm (85%) and the percentage of their female partners reporting actually having orgasms (64%).

13. Some women orgasm during childbirth.

14. People have reported orgasming from simply thinking about orgasming.

15. People who have had sex reassignment surgery can and do have stimulated orgasms.

16. The reason that sometimes a person looks like they’re in pain when they’re orgasming is because two of the brain regions that are activated by pain are also activated during orgasm.

17. Orgasms can relieve pain, but only for about 8-10 mins afterwards.

18. When a woman gets wet, that’s the process of transudation during which vaginal lubricant comes from the blood capillaries and coats the vaginal canal.

19. Women who feel less secure in their relationship are less likely to orgasm.

20. The first written mention of female ejaculation is by Aristotle.

21. Orgasms can be produced in women and men with spinal cord injuries by a loved one caressing hypersensitive nongenital skin zones near the site of their injury.

22. Male ejaculation and orgasm don’t necessarily require an erection.

23. Ancient Egyptians believed that the god Atum created the world through masturbating and that the Tigris River was formed by the semen of a god.

24. Medieval writers called pre-ejaculate “the distillate of love.”

25. While orgasms are felt in the brain, the orgasmic process involves virtually every body system.

26. People have been using sex toys to orgasm for several hundred years.

27. An orgasm burns just 2–3 calories, though a person can burn around 50 calories in the activity leading up to the orgasm.

28. Former Vice President of the U.S., Nelson A Rockefeller died of a heart attack during sex with a much younger woman in a hotel room.

29. May is National Masturbation Month.

30. And to encourage people to talk about masturbation in a positive, non-shame-based way, the San Francisco Center For Sex And Culture holds a Masturbate-A-Thon each year.

31. Clitoral hood piercings don’t have any negative impact on orgasm.

32. Circumcision does not affect a man’s ability to achieve orgasm (but a partner with foreskin may experience increased duration).

33. At the moment of orgasm, certain areas of the brain shut down, including the area that process fear and “vigilance for danger.”

34. Approximately 15%–20% of American women have never had an orgasm.

35. Sexual health experts encourage using the term “experience” instead of “achieve” to describe having an orgasm because the word achieve may put pressure on sexual partners.
Clumeleon
0 likes
As my forum signature says, every day is a school day, especially here on Lush.

Thank you, Lizzy, for these insightful facts.

"The distillate of love." Might use that.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by clum
As my forum signature says, every day is a school day, especially here on Lush.

Thank you, Lizzy, for these insightful facts.

"The distillate of love." Might use that.

I liked that, too. smile
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
3. Men’s orgasms stimulate the same area of the brain as heroin does in an addict’s brain.

This explains so very many things.FarIi62f59n9LxAZ
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by Liz
9. Men typically require 2–10 minutes to reach orgasm.

10. Women typically require 20 minutes of stimulation to reach orgasm.

Explains a lot.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Yeah, Poppet, it does that.

I wonder how many guys still haven't learned that? A lot from what I read here now and again.

Thank you Liz for all those facts.
I am always a gentleman.
English Rose
0 likes
17. Orgasms can relieve pain, but only for about 8-10 mins afterwards.

27. An orgasm burns just 2–3 calories, though a person can burn around 50 calories in the activity leading up to the orgasm.

--------------------------

No 17 - I find it fab for headaches!
No 27 - I wondered how my diet worked so well these last few weeks!! smile
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/fetish/worship-my-bum.aspx
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I just want to black out from it
Someone has to be the Villain
Senior Analyst
0 likes
Quote by SirDominic
I just want to black out from it

Back in the day, I had a partner who would faint (pass out, black out, whatever) immediately when she had an orgasm. The first time it happened I thought I had killed her! She would stay out for two or three minutes, but wake up happy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for posting this fascinating info - it's quite an education!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
New knowledge added! Thanks!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My clit is connected to my brain ! OMG, that's so dangerous lol
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by RingsandBangles
My clit is connected to my brain ! OMG, that's so dangerous lol

Perfect!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks...some are very interesting.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Having a lower level spinal injury, L5/S1, which is around waist level, and is the area from which the nervous system derives the signals for ejaculation, I can certainly confirm the importance of 'proper' connections !
Equally, as I have constant but, thankfully, often low level pain, orgasm certainly relieves that ! Often for much longer than the statistics suggest, lol.
The downside is that achieving climax takes a lot longer than those same statistics !!! (Point 9)

Mind you, hopefully, over the years, a few partners have benefited from the delay.

Thanks for the info., Liz
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Having a lower level spinal injury, L5/S1, which is around waist level, and is the area from which the nervous system derives the signals for ejaculation, I can certainly confirm the importance of 'proper' connections !
Equally, as I have constant but, thankfully, often low level pain, orgasm certainly relieves that ! Often for much longer than the statistics suggest, lol.
The downside is that achieving climax takes a lot longer than those same statistics !!! (Point 9)

Mind you, hopefully, over the years, a few partners have benefited from the delay.

Thanks for the info., Liz
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
LIZ .... RE: 13. Some women orgasm during childbirth.

(Just found this site and posted THE TECHNIQUE)

Several years ago I asked that question on my TRY THIS thread on LIT and got skewerred!! I had a bunch of women pounce on me for being an idiot... how could I even suggest that in the middle of all that pain a woman could orgasm.

Then I started getting IM's and emails saying, "I DID!" It turns out a LOT do but having never heard of such a thing they were embarrassed and ashamed - associated it with something SEXUAL and never said anything. A few said the doctors
thought they were having a stroke or some kind of seizure which mean even most doctors have never heard of an ORGASM DURING CHILDBIRTH.

Since I wrote that piece there have been several papers written detailing the possibility that some women (NOT on epidural) MAY be experiencing some kind of deep vag orgasm during the birthing process but nobody I've ever read seemed to
put 2=2 and realize that the G and the A SPOTS are endorphine triggers to make birthing easier and they just happen to be wired into the orgasm center of the brain too. BONUS!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Really informative. Thank you!
Lurker
0 likes
Wow that's really interesting to know. Thank you