Bikinis - the skimpier the better?

last reply
92 replies
14.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
It probably goes without saying that, from the guys' point of view, there is no such thing as a bikini that is too skimpy. Can we discuss the art of the bikini in public (beach, outdoor pool) or semi-public (backyard pool or sunbathing) places?

Are there particular brands of bikinis that are preferred? For the ladies, how does it make you feel to wear a very skimpy bikini, and what is your idea of 'skimpy'? What about stories of your adventures in sexy swimwear?

Let's have some fun with this prototypical summertime subject.
Head Nurse
0 likes
personally, im a huge fan of vintage swimwear

Lurker
0 likes
There comes a time in every woman's life when the skimpier is NOT the better
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I'm a fan of the classic string bikini, but I'll do cheeky bottoms (in more of the sporty style, especially with a T-back or racerback top), depending on where I'm going/what I'm doing. I also like string tops, halters, bandeaus.

Generally, I like moderate butt-coverage, like this:

I don't do g-strings, full thong, micro-bikinis or anything really over the top or cheesy. It's not about body confidence - it's more about personal taste and I think some of those styles can veer toward looking a little tacky, not to mention kind of non-functional if you enjoy doing more than just tanning and standing around.

Some swimwear brands that I like and own pieces from - L*Space, LeTarte, Kaohs Swim, Vitamin A. I have a couple of fashion brand bikinis as well (Burberry, D&G, La Perla). I have a couple of older ones from Victoria Secret. Generally for me, it's all about the fabric - I also hate padding and overly structured styles.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I'm a fan of the classic string bikini, but I'll do cheeky bottoms (in more of the sporty style, especially with a T-back or racerback top), depending on where I'm going/what I'm doing. I also like string tops, halters, bandeaus.

Generally, I like moderate butt-coverage, like this:

I don't do g-strings, full thong, micro-bikinis or anything really over the top or cheesy. It's not about body confidence - it's more about personal taste and I think some of those styles can veer toward looking a little tacky, not to mention kind of non-functional if you enjoy doing more than just tanning and standing around.

Some swimwear brands that I like and own pieces from - L*Space, LeTarte, Kaohs Swim, Vitamin A. I have a couple of fashion brand bikinis as well (Burberry, D&G, La Perla). I have a couple of older ones from Victoria Secret. Generally for me, it's all about the fabric - I also hate padding and overly structured styles.

my most worn pieces are simple triangle string bikinis. I have 4 sets I think?, a bandeau/cheeky bottom combo (love the bottoms, not so much the top. not a good style for me, im afraid. I have 38DD's and if I wear this to the springs and dive in or to the beach and get tossed in the waves, it becomes a nice belt ) and several other assorted sportier options that allow me to run without worrying about my clothing.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by busterx4x
It probably goes without saying that, from the guys' point of view, there is no such thing as a bikini that is too skimpy.

Don't tar us all with the same brush there, Buster.

It's not all about skimpiness, but rather what suits the woman. A fuller-figured lady in an itty-bitty bikini can look ridiculous. There's a lot to be said for modesty.

There's also the factor of comfort. Women want to feel good in what they're wearing, and feel that they look good. Little scraps of material that barely cover the foof and nips might not be the way to achieve that.

It's the same with me and swimwear. While a lot of women might think men look hotter in tight trunks, that's really only certain men. I would look ridiculous, which is why I wear shorts (not that I swim much).
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
If men like, I wear....
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Since I started the thread, maybe I should say a little bit on the subject. I am a lucky guy. My wife tends to be modest, but I think she also has a bit of a hidden exhibitionist streak. She has a handful of very sexy, very skimpy Wicked Weasel bikinis which, until just recently, were reserved for wear on tropical vacations preferably in foreign countries.

But lately, when it is suggested to her, she has been more willing to wear them around our home and in our backyard pool - which is only semi-private.

I must say, I absolutely LOVE the way she looks wearing them and am very, very grateful that she does.

Any stories you would care to share?
Lurker
0 likes
At my age I still wear bikinis, but I'm not a thin young gal anymore. I need more coverage! I don't any one retching on the beach looking at me. But, if you have read my stories, my hubby thinks I look great (for an old gal) and loves to show me off. (better at night when it's darker and you can't see all my flaws and age spots and the like).

But at home, he loves it when I go skimpy. So what I wear around home in private is different than what I wear out. And, of course, I dress differently depending on whether I am out with just my hubby or out with my kids or whomever. Makes a huge difference.
Lurker
0 likes
I've been around all types of women who wears any kind of bikinis. There's something to be said about having confidence in yourself, but also a limitation on it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i love it when a girl is wearing a tiny bikini. one that barely covers up her nipples and pussy! something that just makes me want to throw her down and eat her pussy right then and there. you could call me a bit of a slut lover and id have to agree!
ride em harder
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Generally, I like moderate butt-coverage.

My thoughts exactly. There's something to be said for leaving a little to the imagination. Save for a bit of cleavage, I don't like to see anything spilling out the sides, bottom or back. Classy sexy beats tacky sexy every single time.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Lurker
0 likes
No. Not at all.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love to see my babes in any bikini
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I think it depends on who's wearing the bikini. If I showed up at a beach resort wearing a skimpy bikini I'm certain that throngs of vacationers would be streaming from the hotels carrying bedspreads and bathrobes to throw over me. Of course if I shaved my legs it might help.
Chuckanator
0 likes
Living at the beach I have seen just about every bikini there is. I find it strange that a woman that wouldn't be seen in her bra and panties will proudly parade around is swimwear with a fraction of the coverage.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by ChuckEPoo
Living at the beach I have seen just about every bikini there is. I find it strange that a woman that wouldn't be seen in her bra and panties will proudly parade around is swimwear with a fraction of the coverage.

Ain't that the truth! I don't live on the beach, but I'm close enough that I'm there on my days off. You'll see women and men wearing things they wouldn't dare wear else where. Of course, most of those are pretty pale, the Florida people will pretty much go about in very little all the time.
Lurker
0 likes
I honestly believe we should be able to bathe with just bottoms like men do, it's way comfier for me at least.
Plus I'm sure that most people would enjoy it
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Guest
I honestly believe we should be able to bathe with just bottoms like men do, it's way comfier for me at least.
Plus I'm sure that most people would enjoy it

I enjoyed the time I spent in Germany and parts of Europe. They are so much more relaxed about nudity. I woman going topless at the beach was perfectly fine.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
We're in the throes of winter here in the Northern Hemisphere, which can only mean one thing...that bikini season is right around the corner! That means it's time to start thinking about appropriate beachwear for this summer.

So let's start this thread up again. Ladies, what are you thinking about by way of bikinis for this summer? Guys, what would you like to see on the beach?
0 likes
Having just been on a cruise, I must say that I've kind of lost my taste for the skimpier bikinis.

Two reasons, I think.

They aren't necessarily right for every body and there are a lot of bodies wearing them that probably would be better in a more substantial swimsuit.

Nudity, and many of these are only a thread or two away from it, is better in more intimate surroundings than a crowded pool deck.

In fact, the sexiest attire I saw on the ship tended to be some of the little sundresses and coverups. Yes, there were some ladies rocking their swimsuits but there were also some that could have done better in their choice of attire.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Women can't jog on the beach in those string thong bikinis, because if they get sand in them it could saw them in half.

But they are fun to look at, IF its a great tight body. Thongs on cellulite or beer gut female bodies are ummm... not so nice to see.

Common Sense Iconoclast
0 likes
Hardly bikini time around here. It's minus fricking 20 outside! Just about any style would warm the chestnuts though.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open one's mouth and remove all doubt" - Mark Twain (or Lincoln, or Confucius, or...)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i absolutely love wearing small bikinis! but unfortunately where i live it is illegal to go even topless on a beach. so the nearest beach where it is legal to wear a tiny tiny or see-through bikini is a nudist beach anyway.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
As I live in the frozen (well, wet and windy) North, its always nice to get a bit of sunshine on holiday and don a cute bikini! I'm not particularly big, but I am ludicrously curvy and not a young thing so something relatively modest (no thongs, thank you!) with a vintagey look tends to suit me best. I want to be comfortable and displaying an unseemly amount of flesh would make me cringe!
I find a wearing a bikini with a funky print or flattering colour makes me feel far more confident on the beach rather than displaying extra acres of cellulite!
Lurker
0 likes
I like some material left on me. With some of the suits, might as well be naked because so little is covered.
Chuckanator
0 likes
Who isn't a fan of the skimpy bikini. Well on a hot chick anyway. I've seen a few that should be outlawed. But living at the beach has it perks. This is one of them.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There comes a point where why bother just go naked. What a kill joy I am smile
To boldly Lush where no one has Lushed before
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
all women should be naked when sun bathing or not
Lurker
0 likes
I never really cared for real skimpy bikinis. And now I'm too old to wear one.