Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Google reverse image search... really effective?

last reply
14 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes

The norm on Lush to spot a fake profile seems to perform a reverse image search on Google.

Now here's a fun challenge for you: are these pictures real or fake?

Google didn't return any result, huh? Surely they must be authentic? Bullshit!

I simply performed some minor modifications on these so that Google couldn't detect the original pictures; I could easily create a fake profile with a complete gallery featuring the same hot guy/girl, and none of the pictures would return any result from Google.

I've been doing these random tests in the last few days and thought I'd share this knowledge with my fellow Lushies. Don't accept a profile as authentic just because Google didn't return any result; pretending to be someone else is extremely easy on the internutz.

And please, refrain from accusing me of 'stating the obvious'. There are actually people here who care about interacting with genuine persons (myself included), even if that's on a purely friendly level. I'm also quite concerned about young girls who could potentially send compromising pictures of themselves to individuals pretending to be someone else.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

The norm on Lush to spot a fake profile seems to perform a reverse image search on Google.

Now here's a fun challenge for you: are these pictures real or fake?

Google didn't return any result, huh? Surely they must be authentic? Bullshit!

I simply performed some minor modifications on these so that Google couldn't detect the original pictures; I could easily create a fake profile with a complete gallery featuring the same hot guy/girl, and none of the pictures would return any result from Google.

I've been doing these random tests in the last few days and thought I'd share this knowledge with my fellow Lushies. Don't accept a profile as authentic just because Google didn't return any result; pretending to be someone else is extremely easy on the internutz.

And please, refrain from accusing me of 'stating the obvious'. There are actually people here who care about interacting with genuine persons (myself included), even if that's on a purely friendly level. I'm also quite concerned about young girls who could potentially send compromising pictures of themselves to individuals pretending to be someone else.

Not to state the obvious, but...you're stating the obvious.

Let the witch hunts begin...

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
I'm also quite concerned about young girls who could potentially send compromising pictures of themselves to individuals pretending to be someone else.

i'm George Clooney. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
You seem to be quite paranoid about this.

I never put up pictures of myself.

I don't care if the pictures are real or not.

If I don't want to be friends with you, I won't.

If you are a rude bastard you get the boot and get blocked.

I'm not doing the challenge.

this really irks you, doesn't it? LOL

Just let it go..it will always be like this. I'm sure.

by the way, I'm Miley Cyrus!

One can be genuine without putting their real picture up.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
I'm also quite concerned about young girls who could potentially send compromising pictures of themselves to individuals pretending to be someone else.

I myself have been in this spot before [Edit: as a sender, not receiver of pics]. I was young and stupid - not that age has anything to do with how savvy you are when playing with fire. You don't have to be overly paranoid, but some degree of caution is important. I personally think a picture's compromising only when it shows a face or an identifying body mark (tattoos, birth marks, etc). So as long as you crop those out of the snap, I think you should be fine.

I actually think this is a legit concern, although I understand how this issue can get pretty boring to the more seasoned among us. x
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Just flip the pics horizontally on any photo-editor (or a Mac if you have one) then search them again...
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by emilykiss

I myself have been in this spot before. I was young and stupid - not that age has anything to do with how savvy you are when playing with fire. You don't have to be overly paranoid, but some degree of caution is important. I personally think a picture's compromising only when it shows a face or an identifying body mark (tattoos, birth marks, etc). So as long as you crop those out of the snap, I think you should be fine.

I actually think this is a legit concern, although I understand how this issue can get pretty boring to the more seasoned among us. x

When you have an entire show dedicated to catfishing people are going to become paranoid.

I don't have a problem with people posting images they find erotic in their images section. It's when the caption those pics as their own personal pictures, then it goes too far.
0 likes
I have panties like the girl on the right picture! lol

That is all I wanted to say.

'But since I am here I will say that for the guys or people who really get annoyed at the fake pictures and obviously fibbing fakers ~ there can be a lot more to being a "fake" than posting a picture.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

I bet you also read all the stories here and think to yourself "Bollocks, that never happened, you're just making it all up"

In my experience, it's usually the ones who bang on about being 100% real and hating fakers that are the ones you should be most wary of. They tend to be paranoid ones.

The simple way to avoid being sent a "fake" image is to never ask for one.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
I must have missed the memo where it said fake pictures must equal a fake persona. Interesting.

0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart
You seem to be quite paranoid about this.

I never put up pictures of myself.

I don't care if the pictures are real or not.

If I don't want to be friends with you, I won't.

If you are a rude bastard you get the boot and get blocked.

I'm not doing the challenge.

this really irks you, doesn't it? LOL

Just let it go..it will always be like this. I'm sure.

by the way, I'm Miley Cyrus!

One can be genuine without putting their real picture up.

LOL.
Yes I missed that memo too, lol.

Everyone knows I am really a video game character IN REAL LIFE, Duh. (It is my avi)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by 1LovelyKinkyKitsune

LOL.
Yes I missed that memo too, lol.

Everyone knows I am really a video game character IN REAL LIFE, Duh. (It is my avi)

...and a great avi it is! Oops!

Seriously, I think this is a real concern. But it is not the only one I see.

With all the surveillance that goes on now, it is almost impossible to hid your identity...I don't know what the percentage of the general population is, but if you google anyone's name, you have a good chance of finding out more about them than they might ever want you too. Try googling your won name...get ready for a surprise if you never have. If you are not there YET, some of the people know know might be.
Your Math teacher, your hair stylist, your brother in the service, whatever....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by emilykiss

I myself have been in this spot before [Edit: as a sender, not receiver of pics]. I was young and stupid - not that age has anything to do with how savvy you are when playing with fire. You don't have to be overly paranoid, but some degree of caution is important. I personally think a picture's compromising only when it shows a face or an identifying body mark (tattoos, birth marks, etc). So as long as you crop those out of the snap, I think you should be fine.

I could never get bored with this Emily! I know enough about this stuff so that it keeps me perennially short of sleep. Us older folks have to be concerned about the dangers women like you face every day. You know me well enough to know I mean that.