Issue With Menu Bar

last reply
28 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
So, I've been using my phone almost exclusively to browse Lush for a couple of months now (life prevents a laptopmost of the time) and this morning the red menu bar up top is behaving differently. In the past, when I zoomed in to a part of a page, the bar would also zoom, and when I panned around, it would pan around, too, letting me get to all parts of it. This morning, when I zoom in, the bar zooms and anchors to the left side, so that no matter how hard I try to pan right, I can't get to any of the right side icons (the important bits like timeline, profile and mail).

My question is, what changed? Is this permanent? It's going to make browsing on my phone uncomfortable and clumsy.

:-(
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's doing the same on Chrome on the iPad.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Story Verifier
0 likes
And the red bar and its white icons go separate ways when you scroll on the iPhone with the built-in browser.
Rocker of the cocker
0 likes
I've sent these posts to Gav so he can have a look.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by RavenStar

My question is, what changed? Is this permanent? It's going to make browsing on my phone uncomfortable and clumsy.

this
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ChrissieLecker
And the red bar and its white icons go separate ways when you scroll on the iPhone with the built-in browser.

I am having this problem also. It prevents you from zooming in as the tools move off the screen.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Site recently changed something and it sucks. Iuse a Kindle Fire and used to work great zooming in. Now, the top menu bar gets lost while the rest of the page zooms.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Apple has made life difficult for all sys-ops trying for compatibility. They've done everything in their power to make sure of that too. I had problems with that for a while but it was mostly incompatibility between the Intel and Motorolla microprocessor internal architecture.

I use IPad and about the only problem I have is when I pop up another window while writing an email it kills all the text I've written. If I select-all and copy it the frequency drops way off and only happens 1 in 10 times or so, but it still happens. When it does I paste what I copied back in. If I remembered to copy it before I jump to another window. When I'm answering an email that really makes me angry. At me because I didn't copy it.

Good fortune with that Gav.
I am always a gentleman.
Clumeleon
0 likes
I was using the site on my phone this morning and didn't notice any problem, but now that I go back to check, I see exactly what you mean.

The top bar is floating "over" the page and it's pinned to the top right of the screen (rather than the page), in much the same way that black boxes are pinned to the top left, on a mobile device.

Hopefully Gav should be able to sort it out. It's a new feature, only put out today I think, so there are bound to be kinks.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by clum
I was using the site on my phone this morning and didn't notice any problem, but now that I go back to check, I see exactly what you mean.

The top bar is floating "over" the page and it's pinned to the top right of the screen (rather than the page), in much the same way that black boxes are pinned to the top left, on a mobile device.

Hopefully Gav should be able to sort it out. It's a new feature, only put out today I think, so there are bound to be kinks.

Hmmmm! Black boxes on my IPad are upper-right. Maybe that's a clue. Gav is good but he does have another life he needs to contact now and again so it may take a day or two.
I am always a gentleman.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by LASARDaddy
Hmmmm! Black boxes on my IPad are upper-right. Maybe that's a clue. Gav is good but he does have another life he needs to contact now and again so it may take a day or two.

Got my lefts and rights mixed up.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Another problem is that when you're zoomed in the overflow (the cog, the magnifying glass and the stupid kennel) end up layered over the screen. Being white on white they're pretty much invisible but it means if you tap the screen while writing a forum post or message you might be taken to the home page.

UX isn't easy and the huge explosion in the use of various mobile devices presents more challenges. It would be great if Lush had an adaptive, fluid design that worked the same across all devices but I can imagine that could be a way off given the time involved.

I think for this time, just switch it back to how it was.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
Another problem is that when you're zoomed in the overflow (the cog, the magnifying glass and the stupid kennel) end up layered over the screen. Being white on white they're pretty much invisible but it means if you tap the screen while writing a forum post or message you might be taken to the home page.

UX isn't easy and the huge explosion in the use of various mobile devices presents more challenges. It would be great if Lush had an adaptive, fluid design that worked the same across all devices but I can imagine that could be a way off given the time involved.

I think for this time, just switch it back to how it was.

The white icon overlap thing happens to me if I reload a page while zoomed.

The issues seem to be occurring over multiple platforms, according to the various posts above. I'm sure it will be addressed by our capable Gav.
Matriarch
0 likes
Gav rolled out the new design last night, he will doubtlessly be looking at fixing various issues.

I have no problem whatsoever with it on an ipad and chrome. Have you cleared your cache etc?

I'll check my iPhone later.

We have changed it because the headers were not consistent across the story and forum sides of the site. The design is more modern too. I like it!
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by RavenStar
So, I've been using my phone almost exclusively to browse Lush for a couple of months now (life prevents a laptopmost of the time) and this morning the red menu bar up top is behaving differently. In the past, when I zoomed in to a part of a page, the bar would also zoom, and when I panned around, it would pan around, too, letting me get to all parts of it. This morning, when I zoom in, the bar zooms and anchors to the left side, so that no matter how hard I try to pan right, I can't get to any of the right side icons (the important bits like timeline, profile and mail).

This has happened to me too. I can't even see the icons to the right on my phone. The are so tiny. It is very frustrating.

I also am having the same problem on my Ipad. It just started to happen today.

I hope this get's fixed as it really is almost impossible to use this way.
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
I use android with either the standard browser, which sucks, or Dolphin. The only page that the menu bar pans with the rest of the screen is if I am in the forums. All other pages it zooms to the left of it. This has always been the case for me, so what ever has been done has not affected me, but it would be great if the menu panned on all all pages when zoomed..but its no biggy.
Matriarch
0 likes
I see what you mean now on my iPhone.

If you zoom in, you then can't get across to the top right of the header bar, it's locked top left instead of moving across as you move your finger.

That looks to be a little tricky issue for our coding genius.
Rocker of the cocker
0 likes
In order to zoom in on the right, I've been clicking on the Search Stories box on the top right and it zooms in for me.

That's my own temporary fix for now lol
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Thanks so much for fixing this!

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by nicola
That looks to be a little tricky issue for our coding genius.

I think he took that as a challenge smile

Great job, Gav!

L x
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks for the fix Gav ??????
Lurker
0 likes
I had same problem this morning. I adore this place. Many problems are fixed before you know it.

Well done Gav and all involved.

Deb. X
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
I thought it was just something wrong with my phone maybe. I tend it have specific issues using my phone ie. black boxes don't show up, etc. Glad this was fixed quickly. Kudos to the Lush team.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Thanks Gav for fixing. Your the best....xo
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Personally, I blame Dirty_D for the fuck up... She is always fucking touching things when she shouldn't be.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by Poppet
Personally, I blame Dirty_D for the fuck up... She is always fucking touching things when she shouldn't be.

I hear that!
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by clum
I hear that!

Funny, I almost put your name, but I know she is worse than you are. Because you're the one always bloody encouraging her.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by Poppet
Funny, I almost put your name, but I know she is worse than you are. Because you're the one always bloody encouraging her.

Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by clum

You may look innocent Callum, but we all know better.