Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Unacceptable Images in profiles Options · View
nicola
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 4:13:32 AM

Although this is an adult orientated board, to abide by US law relating to content and copyright, we ask you to follow these guidelines:-

Please do not post images on this site in your avatar, via our messaging system, or in any forum areas, which are of a "sexually explicit" nature. These include images of:

(a) sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex;
(b) bestiality;
(c) masturbation;
(d) sadistic or masochistic abuse; or

All photographs of an adult nature must be of people over 18 years of age.

You are permitted to add Adult images in your profile area, as long as they don't contain anything that breaks US law.

No advertising material at all should be posted on our site, no exceptions. Members caught spamming will be removed immediately and their IP blocked.

If you are not the image owner, you must have a legal right from the copyright owner to post any images.

If you see any images which violate these guidelines, please report the post and we will take action accordingly.

Anyone caught violating these guidelines will be banned from these forums at our discretion. We reserve the right to remove any images that breach these conditions, or that we deem unsuitable.

Edit: Our site is registered and hosted in the US, making these laws applicable.
steffanie
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:13:28 PM

I know what you mean but it is above all a sex site
jogbigboy
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:29:17 PM

mine is a picture of a golf course the course didn't give me permission to display on here AM I BREAKING THE LAW
DBarclay
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:41:24 PM

jogbigboy wrote:
mine is a picture of a golf course the course didn't give me permission to display on here AM I BREAKING THE LAW

Just keep your balls in play ...
Submissioness
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 8:24:54 AM

I'm not one for questioning authority, but I have to ask...

If the advertisements at the tops and bottoms of every page show very very explicit sexual scenes in video, why can't we also post similar pictures? If posted on our profiles, it's got even fewer viewers anyway. They aren't being force shown like the ads. I just don't see the logic. Maybe it's just fucked up laws...afterall, as you said, this is the U.S. I actually haven't posted any sexual pictures on my profile and never intended to, I'm just asking for principle's sake.boxing beat_deadhorse

Still love this site regardless. It's the best that I've found. Even better than Literotica.

Love you guys.

Submissioness
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 10:19:30 AM

Submissioness wrote:

"The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures."
- Junius

It's always good to ask questions, when said questioning is welcome.

ITA, I love this site, too.
steffanie
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 10:51:13 AM

Submissioness wrote:
I just don't see the logic.

My logic would be that the ads have professional models and photographers. They look good and pay.

Whilst Mrs RandyAmateur pays nothing and her lady bits might not look quite so great snapped by her horny hubby's digi flash. In fact she could look quite revolting. There's standards even in filth you know.

ps I love this site more than you two.
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 11:45:50 AM

steffanie wrote:
Submissioness wrote:
I just don't see the logic.

My logic would be that the ads have professional models and photographers. They look good and pay.

Whilst Mrs RandyAmateur pays nothing and her lady bits might not look quite so great snapped by her horny hubby's digi flash. In fact she could look quite revolting. There's standards even in filth you know.

ps I love this site more than you two.

Your logic is good, it seems to me.

hehehe! So your saying your love for this site is BIGGER than ours?

bootyshake

Oooohhh! as always it comes back to size, damn it! evil4

... and gypsy crawls off, crybaby once again.

laughing9
nicola
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 3:34:37 PM

Submissioness wrote:

If the advertisements at the tops and bottoms of every page show very very explicit sexual scenes in video, why can't we also post similar pictures? If posted on our profiles, it's got even fewer viewers anyway. They aren't being force shown like the ads. I just don't see the logic. Maybe it's just fucked up laws...afterall, as you said, this is the U.S. I actually haven't posted any sexual pictures on my profile and never intended to, I'm just asking for principle's sake.boxing beat_deadhorse

Still love this site regardless. It's the best that I've found. Even better than Literotica.

Love you guys.

Submissioness

The adverts are hosted by the companies who advertise, we are not legally responsible for them.

When we start hosting adult images, the whole 2257 laws come into play. It's a very grey area. Some laws state that members themselves will be seen as Publishers, and if "the law" wished to go after anyone on this site who posted such pictures, they would go after you, not me as a site owner.

Please don't make me have to go over this yet again Brick wall Read, digest, absorb: >>> http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst4491_2257-Regulations--Laws.aspx <<<
Submissioness
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:45:31 AM

OIC. Well thanks for giving us the method behind your madness. I am one of those who wants to know WHY when something doesn't make sense.

Thanks for the explanation. That is all I wanted.

Submissioness
curiousboy31
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:05:35 PM

Well, I guess my Avatar was removed cause it was to explict? Penis pic? I don't think it was either. More of a cheesecake type pic and not with a erection and NOT showing my penis either.
And now that I have looked again at some of the other avatars on the site from different users, I see that YOU MISSED SOME!

Anyway, whatever...
Pixie
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2010 4:13:12 AM

Clearly states in here, no penis or vagina pics are to be used for your av. coffee

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst7_Image-Posting--Avatars--Forums--Profile-area-guidelines.aspx

♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
RumpleForeskin
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2010 5:30:52 AM

That rule against big pricks appearing in AV's kept me from using one of my more flattering mug shots. L16

Rumple Foreskin rr

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Feels So Right, It Can't Be WrongMore steamy, seductive, straight step-sibling sex, 2-3

Becky -- FOR: Matt -- With Love:
a Festive contest winner – honest

HOW HUMANS DO IT: a fish-eye view of sex an Editor's Pick - no kidding
ChelleLaBelle
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:42:07 AM

LMfao
nicola
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 12:57:50 AM

RumpleForeskin wrote:
That rule against big pricks appearing in AV's kept me from using one of my more flattering mug shots. L16

Rumple Foreskin rr

That wasn't a pic of your mug. And stop sending them to me!
RumpleForeskin
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 4:31:51 AM

nicola wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:

Rumple Foreskin rr

That wasn't a pic of your mug. And stop sending them to me!

Yes, ma'am. It won't ever happpen again, honest.

CL, you are sooooooo easy. evil4

Rumple Foreskin rr

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Feels So Right, It Can't Be WrongMore steamy, seductive, straight step-sibling sex, 2-3

Becky -- FOR: Matt -- With Love:
a Festive contest winner – honest

HOW HUMANS DO IT: a fish-eye view of sex an Editor's Pick - no kidding
BigRod
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 11:54:27 AM

so is someone gonna tell me if my av can stay or needs to go?
redhotmommacita
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 11:55:16 AM

I say it is a sex site so what is all the whoooy about I say leave them some were a great stimulant for my Good nights dreams and play time...lolhello1 dancenude

Behind every strong soldier there is even a stronger woman who raised him " Proud Army Mom"

WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 1:00:01 PM

curiousboy31 wrote:
Well, I guess my Avatar was removed cause it was to explict? Penis pic? I don't think it was either. More of a cheesecake type pic and not with a erection and NOT showing my penis either.
And now that I have looked again at some of the other avatars on the site from different users, I see that YOU MISSED SOME!

Anyway, whatever...

If you had a photo of genitalia - flaccid or erect/swollen/flushed (male/female) or masturbating or animated - and it was the primary focus of the avatar...and it was removed - so be it.

If you have a cartoon of such, it will be shortly. Over 100 were recently removed...there are thousands of avs on this site and our software has not been trained for genital-recognition-removal, yet.

We're working on it.

If you want to flaunt your pecs, abs, glutes, or any other part of your anatomy - go for it. Hell, show us your face. You can post almost as many photos of your cock or pussy as you want - within your profiles.

Are you defined by your genitalia or is it something else?

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
BigRod
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 1:30:23 PM

My av has been retired... I have forsaken the evils of genitalia for the purity of heaven's wings... I will now light the path of righteousness so that the rest of you may follow... single file.. nuts to butts...
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 1:52:38 PM

"nuts to butts" That was funny.
verity
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 2:30:07 PM

BigRod wrote:
so is someone gonna tell me if my av can stay or needs to go?

I like your av BigRod, and I'm quite sure you'll find out real soon if it has to go....

*The Dark Room*

How do you talk to an Angel available from Amazon.

iceman
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:06:57 AM

I've made the suggestion to Gav that they make a portion of a person's profile as "Friends Only" pictures. Available only to those on your friends list, not the general public, who may view your profile while browsing around this great site. There are other sites I've visited that have this capability. Or maybe "Shown by request only".
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:13:39 AM

iceman wrote:
I've made the suggestion to Gav that they make a portion of a person's profile as "Friends Only" pictures. Available only to those on your friends list, not the general public, who may view your profile while browsing around this great site. There are other sites I've visited that have this capability. Or maybe "Shown by request only".

You can do this already on Lush... My pics are only available to friends, not anyone randomly checking my profile. Its under your settings menu. The only thing is that it is an 'all or nothing' option. The concept of two levels of photo privacy might be an idea, but, as it stands now, it works great.

ducky69
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2010 6:59:13 AM

I think my AV is ok.......I have a lampshade on covering the naughty bits......

Rubber Ducky your the one, you make my life so much fun
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2010 10:10:16 AM

ducky69 wrote:
I think my AV is ok.......I have a lampshade on covering the naughty bits......

It was borderline Ducky.
badblack1
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 7:26:21 AM

It is an adult site minors and people who think like minors are leagally not allowed in here, so please.....
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:40:08 AM

thepainter wrote:
Indeed there are many fake pics on lush members' profiles but the core business of this website is erotic stories. I've been on several other adult websites which main focus was amateur pics/vids and they all had a verification process where members could post pics of themselves holding a selfmade sign with the website's name on it to become a verified member. That worked fairly well and gave some extra confidence that the member was really posting her/his own pics/vids.
Since some lush members doubted that hornybunny74 and I would meet IRL we've posted such pics in both our image galleries. Nicola even tried to tempt other members to post similar lush promoting pics but nobody really answered the call.
Besides all that, it can be quite amusing to see the fake pics and the horny comments by sad guys who still take everything at face value

Its all well and good to say because we are here for erotic stories we should post whatever pics we want.. but what about the people whose pics are used falsy? Are they not entitled to be pissed off or compensated if they are misrepresented?
Its fair to say to write a story with specific content you have to be aroused by it yes? I write about reluctance and anal sex because I love both. So my images are linked to my stories/fantasies etc etc
Say someone stole my pics and created their own profile on a website devoted 100% to sex with donkeys (just an example)
Those are my pictures that have been linked, in the online world, to something I do not participate in.
There are so many profiles on here of 18-21 yr old bi sexual females whose pics come from websites like * My naked ex* and so on. Their pictures (lets not forget, even if they are naked with a beer bottle up their vag) are theirs, they own them and they are real people. They may suffer real consequences if someone comes across their pics and reads stories about them fucking their own brothers.
I guess I expected it not to be so blatant. I don't know. ? dontknow
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 10:10:07 AM

It's already in the language here that each of us are responsible for our own content. If somebody steals images, whether representing them as themselves or not, they are responsible and must be aware of the consequences. If I find out my pics got stolen and are on another site (or this one, for that matter), my choices are to demand that the site remove the images, then to lawyer up if it doesn't happen.

Neither this site nor its volunteer moderators, verifiers, and mediators should be expected to be internet detectives, striving for justice and authenticity on every photo. Besides, where's the line between posting pics one finds sexy, or representative of their vibe or identity in some way, and pretending to be 'that person' in the pic? It's not the sort of thing that's worth parsing through if you're trying to run a site with a lot of traffic. It falls under personal responsibility of the users.

If it's personally offensive to you, develop a good sense for fakes- Painter (the guy that replied to you above) is famous for it- and shun accordingly. Some of us are entertained by how clumsily some attempt to 'become' the people in their posted pics. Is it fair to the person whose images were stolen? Of course not, and it's unfortunate, but until that person discovers it and takes the thief to task, file it under "things that are wrong and should not happen, but inevitably do".
Rembacher
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 10:14:30 AM

LadyX wrote:
It's already in the language here that each of us are responsible for our own content. If somebody steals images, whether representing them as themselves or not, they are responsible and must be aware of the consequences. If I find out my pics got stolen and are on another site (or this one, for that matter), my choices are to demand that the site remove the images, then to lawyer up if it doesn't happen.

Neither this site nor its volunteer moderators, verifiers, and mediators should be expected to be internet detectives, striving for justice and authenticity on every photo. Besides, where's the line between posting pics one finds sexy, or representative of their vibe or identity in some way, and pretending to be 'that person' in the pic? It's not the sort of thing that's worth parsing through if you're trying to run a site with a lot of traffic. It falls under personal responsibility of the users.

If it's personally offensive to you, develop a good sense for fakes- Painter (the guy that replied to you above) is famous for it- and shun accordingly. Some of us are entertained by how clumsily some attempt to 'become' the people in their posted pics. Is it fair to the person whose images were stolen? Of course not, and it's unfortunate, but until that person discovers it and takes the thief to task, file it under "things that are wrong and should not happen, but inevitably do".

What she said.

Though I would also add that if you are concerned about protecting your own pics then you can protect them so that only your friends can see them. Unless this is just an attempt to draw attention to you and your profile. In which case, you got me.