Guns! Yaaay!!

last reply
102 replies
8.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I think the fathers should be charged for not keeping a leash on the rugrats.
Stupid not to secure guns around kids.
Lurker
0 likes
Agreed Chef gun safes are cheap.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen

especially with kids so young, at the very least put them in a place high up
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by rxtales
Quote by chefkathleen

As said gun safe.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by rxtales
Quote by chefkathleen

Yeah I totally agree with you, if your not going to put them in a locked up case, Keep them very high up out the way of Small Kid's, although that wouldn't work with the teens of a house clmibing to reach them. Some parents are really thik when it comes to child safety.
Lurker
0 likes
Or, crazy thought, maybe the whole idea of keeping a house full of guns is just a bad one to begin with. Especially handguns. It's not like you're gonna go hunting with a 9mm pistol. And if you want a pistol to shoot for fun, then keep it at the fucking target range, not under your bed, or even up on a high shelf in your house with a trigger lock.
Lurker
0 likes
The only gun control I favor is a firm grip.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
The only gun control I favor is a firm grip.

Agreed Rocco. And Durrasch nothing wrong with having guns in your home if you are a responsible owner. It's the stupid people you have to worry about and as said yet again GUN SAFE.
Lurker
0 likes
The problem with responsible owners is that there are so few of them. Gun safe is a nice oxymoron; the only safe gun is a disassembled gun. Preferably kept somewhere outside of the home.
0 likes
I feel sorry for the kids. Their curiosity gets the better of them and the adults aren't doing their job of protecting them.
Lurker
0 likes
I think that's just it Lisa. And those are the first people that yell lawsuit as soon as their offspring gets shot. "well, I thought it was unloaded" Also teaching kids gun safety is a good idea as well. Trigger locks are good too.
What ever happened to when a kid is quiet in another room, the parent gets off their lazy ass to find out what it's doing?
0 likes
I know! Kids plus silence equals trouble in my experience. It only takes a few seconds to go check on them.

It's the same with all the drownings that happen over here during summer. No matter how many of them occur, young kids are still not being supervised properly.
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah, the parents give up responsibility and blame everything else.
Lurker
0 likes
Being that we're in Florida we see a lot of drownings as well as gator bites. One kid climbed a fence while granny was sleeping and got ate by a gator. So they killed the gator. Who the hell sleeps while a 3/4/5 year old is running the house?
Lurker
0 likes
I'm scared of gators Chef!!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sexynsweet09
I'm scared of gators Chef!!

Hey Baby that's what the guns are for. LOL
Lurker
0 likes
LOL@BB.
Lurker
0 likes
People don't kill people, GUNS kill people said Peter Griffin
Lurker
0 likes
And we all know what a genius he is.1PxI00LOg8hBkyTO
Lush Legend
0 likes
Sorry Elenai but I have to disagree with you and Peter Griffin

Guns just don't get up and shoot people all by themselves....People kill people.....

I personally am anti-gun......
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Lurker
0 likes
Ya know everyone blames the gun it is not totally the guns fault they do what they were intended to it is the person behind the gun that really determines how it is used. Shooting can be fun as well and that is the part of guns as well as for protection that I like. When used properly they are a useful tool. Just my opinion.
Lurker
0 likes
Yup. I have a nice big one loaded beside me almost all the time.
Lurker
0 likes
I have no problem with gun ownership. I just do not see the point in keeping guns in your house. If you want to go shooting for fun, that's fine. Keep your gun locked up at the target range. Protection? From what? Home invaders? You're more likely to be hurt or killed if you have a gun in your house than if you do not, which kind of scuttles the "protection" argument.

And:

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Yup. I have a nice big one loaded beside me almost all the time.

I don't have one yet key word here yet but planning to get my permit to get one and I will keep one IN MY HOME. And Durrasch I can see you have your points on having guns around the house and that's fine I have to say though if you are trained and have the pratice of using it then yes it is a fine way to protect yourself and your family. Nough said from me.
Lurker
0 likes
You're more likely to be hurt or killed if you have a gun in your house than if you do not, which kind of scuttles the "protection" argument.

Not true at all.

Lurker
0 likes
Interesting statistics, Chef. However, if you look at the segment of my post that you cited, and take it in its context of protection during a home invasion:

Protection? From what? Home invaders? You're more likely to be hurt or killed if you have a gun in your house than if you do not, which kind of scuttles the "protection" argument.

then you will note that none of the statistics you offer actually address this issue. In the event of a home invasion, protection from which is one of the more commonly cited reasons for wanting a gun in the house, a member of a household with a firearm is more likely than a member of a household without a firearm to experience violence, including death, during the course of that home invasion.

Also, if you look at the number of fatalities not per capita, but rather per man-hour spent involved in a given activity, recreational firearms use is more deadly than driving a vehicle.

But we both know that statistics can be used to prove anything, depending on how they are presented.
Lurker
0 likes
Guns just don't get up and shoot people all by themselves....People kill people.....

Yeah and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
Lurker
0 likes
Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people. Guns just get the bullets going really, really fast.
Lurker
0 likes
I sent your quote to a cop friend of mine and he sent me these facts. As well as sporting injury facts. I believe him. I have several guns and know how to safely use them. Anyone that has them should know how to safely use them. If kids get shot, it's not the guns fault or the kids fault, they're aliens anyway. It's the people that brought them into the world to begin with that are to blame. Whether they're at home or a friends house, someone had better either be watching them at all times or be smart enough to teach them about firearms and safety.