Virginity

last reply
25 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I just started reading The purity myth: How america's obsession with virginity is hurting young women by Jessica Valenti.

I have only read like 5 pages so far, but already it keeps talking about how there is no real definition on what virginity is and what constitutes as "losing" it. Was just wondering what you guys think? And do you lose your virginity through oral, anal, hetero sex (then what if you're gay?) or non of the above?
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Virginity in my way of thinking is more of an emmotion than a way. Each person will have their own answer, but that answer will come from their own life experiences. So virginity is only whatever a person wants to make it.
Lurker
0 likes
I think you loose your virginity once you have actual intercourse
Lurker
0 likes
when the Hymen is broken
Lurker
0 likes
what if you're a guy? Or do anal?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I have 2 answers, emotional side and physical side. When u give yourself to that other person completely whether that be oral or anal for fear of pregnancy or for any reason. And physically when intercourse has taken place whether that be vaginally (for women) or anally (for men).
Forget who you thought I was, I'm The Chris J bitch!
Lurker
0 likes
I agree with Chris. You "lose it" when sexual intercourse occurs. I do not believe having oral sex is considered sexual intercourse.
Lurker
0 likes
I can't speak for gay men or lesbians, but for me losing my virginity involved vaginal intercourse. I even remember having given blowjobs to keep my boyfriend satisfied and my virginity intact. Go figure.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Loislane
when the Hymen is broken

My hymen broke while horse riding... so a horse took my virginity... well thats just fatastic news for today!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ali2teaseu
I can't speak for gay men or lesbians, but for me losing my virginity involved vaginal intercourse. I even remember having given blowjobs to keep my boyfriend satisfied and my virginity intact. Go figure.

I think lesbians remain virgins their whole lifes unless a guy gets involved and then they're bi-.
Lurker
0 likes
Excuse me. I'm a double poster.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by XXXnechoXXX
Quote by Loislane
when the Hymen is broken

My hymen broke while horse riding... so a horse took my virginity... well thats just fatastic news for today!

Did he at least call you the next day?
0 likes
Quote by XXXnechoXXX
Quote by Loislane
when the Hymen is broken

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ali2teaseu
Quote by XXXnechoXXX
Quote by Loislane
when the Hymen is broken

Did he at least call you the next day?

Well... He's been my horsey for the last 7years, so no, no calls, ive not taught him how to use a cell!
But! He dosnt mind me visiting everyday! BONUS lol

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
lmao nice one Necho!

I guess my idea of virginity would be as soon as you have sexual intercourse. and as for gays and lesbians? I'll have to think about that one.
Lurker
0 likes
It felt like a knife slicing me as he broke my hymen - he was quite well endowed too. Of course, it didn't last long as we were both virgins ... nontheless, I experienced an orgasm as pain turned to pleasure - before he emptied himself inside me. No contraception ... nothing ...silly me. The bedsheets were covered in blood and semen when we finished. Often wondered how he explained that to his mother.
Lurker
0 likes
Fascinating stories.

My hymen broke while horse riding

Now you can brag that your first time was by someone hung like a horse, Necho.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
Fascinating stories.

My hymen broke while horse riding

Now you can brag that your first time was by someone hung like a horse, Necho.

Good Ol' lucky "Mr. Ed"...gets ridden hard and put away wet...whoa Nellie...was it hard nasty horseback riding......"Oh Wilbur!"
Lurker
0 likes
Im so going to regret saying that...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by q_and_a
Quote by ali2teaseu

I think lesbians remain virgins their whole lifes unless a guy gets involved and then they're bi-.

Don't toys count for the lesbians? Surely it's going to break the hymen and give pleasure or whatever.
Lurker
0 likes
From a PURELY technical stand point, one can only lose their virginity by having sexual intercourse. From a NON technical perspective, ANY sexual activity can be seen as "losing ones virginity" So, it's ALL perspective, and we each have our own.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
when you decide you're not lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Weavindreams
From a PURELY technical stand point, one can only lose their virginity by having sexual intercourse. From a NON technical perspective, ANY sexual activity can be seen as "losing ones virginity" So, it's ALL perspective, and we each have our own.

So Mrs Palmer and her 5 daughters means I'm no longer a virgin???
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Lurker
0 likes
About a dozen years ago I began to wonder about the phrase 'losing your virginity' because isn't it a lot more positive than that? Isn't it a bit like a seed that is planted in the ground, and it is the germinating of that seed so that something beautiful can grow from it. Losing my virginity was actually the beginning of the so much of the wonderful sex that brightens up my life -- and gave me my daughter in the process
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
After the break
Someone has to be the Villain