last reply
30 replies
2.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Forum Whore
0 likes
Hiya Gav!

I was thinking about the chatrooms, and how you can set your status as "Away" or "Busy".

I was wondering if there was something that you could program into our individual profiles for one-on-one chats. like "away" or "busy" or something similar...?

Thank you for your attention smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lydiababy6969
Hiya Gav!

I was thinking about the chatrooms, and how you can set your status as "Away" or "Busy".

I was wondering if there was something that you could program into our individual profiles for one-on-one chats. like "away" or "busy" or something similar...?

Thank you for your attention smile

Hello................that's what chat is for......If you don't want to chat...then don't enter..calll me a dumbass...but wtf do you mean?....
Forum Whore
0 likes
I'm talking about one-on-one chats while not in the chatroom. You do know on your profile, right above "request [insert name here] as friend" there is a "request a chat" link, right? My idea is that if I'm writing and I'd rather not deal with a million chat requests, or if I have to leave the computer for a moment, I can simply go to my profile and select "away" and if a chat request goes through, that person will recieve the automatic response of "[insert name here] is away" or something similar. That way people know that I'm busy at the moment, and not being a jerk and ignoring them. Maybe that wasn't clear in my original explanation, I apologize for that.
Lurker
0 likes
You mean like in Yahoo Messenger, right? You can set your "Away" status.
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah it would be a cool idea having something like that instead of just blocking everyone.
Forum Whore
0 likes
Exactly! That's what I mean Rocco.

Thanks Bike!

I just feel like a jerk when I have to leave the computer for a bit, and someone PMs me looking for a chat, and I don't have any way to tell them that I'm not able to talk at the moment.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you are not going to be available for chat it's just as easy to block all or leave the site than any other nonsense.
Forum Whore
0 likes
Jeez it was just an idea fystee
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know....I was just giving my opinion that's all.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think it’s a wonderful idea - and Fystee why are you so negative? I’m not trying to be rude, but you sound angry - and Lydia is just sharing an idea.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am not angry and I didn't mean to sound negative....I was just sharing my opinion.

I was just saying that I think it is just as easy to turn your settings to block all if you don't intend to be around for a bit.

Sorry if I sounded bitchy or rude. I certainly wasn't intending to be.3FfRriFbuJd9WWze
Code Monkey
0 likes
@lydiababy6969 This is a great idea. I'll add something to the profile section next week hopefully.

So if your 'Away' you would not expect to get any chat requests in right?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sounds like a great idea to me!
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Forum Whore
0 likes
Thanks guys, and yes Gav, I thought that maybe it would pop up as like "[insert name here is away]" or something.
Thanks Gav! biggrin
Forum Whore
0 likes
Quote by fystee
I am not angry and I didn't mean to sound negative....I was just sharing my opinion.

I was just saying that I think it is just as easy to turn your settings to block all if you don't intend to be around for a bit.

Sorry if I sounded bitchy or rude. I certainly wasn't intending to be.xPBzp5omNsl7o9uK

It's all good fystee
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Sounds awesume.. noone would ever try to talk to me. biggrin
Besides, I want time stamps on the chats too, gav..
Can I have?
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by Catnip
Can I have?

You can certainly have, as soon as you've explained yourself kitty!

What to you mean you want timestamps on the chats? A date/time against each message received/sent?

Tell me more.....
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gav
Quote by Catnip
Can I have?

You can certainly have, as soon as you've explained yourself kitty!

What to you mean you want timestamps on the chats? A date/time against each message received/sent?
Tell me more.....

Yeah Gav I think that's what she means like MSN you can have the time show up next to ecah text would be a good idea if somebody has an issue with another member.
Forum Whore
0 likes
Quote by Catnip
Can I have?

Thanks Catnip, And I second the timestamps request too Gav!
Code Monkey
0 likes
We have three votes for the timestamps feature.

Thats three more than usual, so i'll add it in!

Can I suggest a new feature too? Displaying images. I a chat window, I copy in a url to an image, rather than show the link, I show the image instead? Obviously it would be limited in size.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i like these ideas it more like AOL/Yahoo/MSN instant messaging! i agree with ll of them! lol
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah, maybe a two inch image on the side or something. We'd have to make a firm rule about not breaking site rules, too.

Or else the chatter gets tossed out the window.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
I just want to know when people send things to me so I dont go and try to help people 8h later... when it's all solved.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
I want it everywhere. haha time stamps on everything smile
Hehe time is on my side. :)
waahhahahahhaa And I want pictures everywhere too!
and big pony's...
and people who do not get sick when I am about to come visit them.
Forum Whore
0 likes
I don't know about that last one...but I might be able to get a pony for yah smile
Code Monkey
0 likes
Customer: "I would like a big mac and a quarter cheese"
Catnip: "Would you like timestamps with that?"

You should see an online/away link next to the "Welcome back..." message in the header.

I seem to have a problem with the formatting the timestamp on the chat window, i'll need to fix this up later.

Let me know if you see any problems.

(btw you may need to ctrl F5 to refresh your cache)
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Catnip
and big pony's...

Post of the week award
Lurker
0 likes
Nice adding the away message Gav thanks.So much easier than going into the settings all the time.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Quote by Catnip
and big pony's...

Post of the week award

*bows*

I would like to thank Australia and Sweden.
I would like to thank the US for it's half hearted support.
I would like to thank my neighbor countries and Pakistan for being there for me...
Last but not least I would like to thank the Internet, even though I know I'm much better.
I mean.. I would like to thank Internet for...
Hm...
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Quote by gav
Customer: "I would like a big mac and a quarter cheese"
Catnip: "Would you like timestamps with that?"

You should see an online/away link next to the "Welcome back..." message in the header.

I seem to have a problem with the formatting the timestamp on the chat window, i'll need to fix this up later.

Let me know if you see any problems.

(btw you may need to ctrl F5 to refresh your cache)

Ö.ö
Sounds great.
I can see myself standing there...
Oh, lord.