0 likes

Care what a hot guy does for a living?

19 votes remaining
Yes. (6 votes) 32%
No. (27 votes) 142%
Let's see how he is in bed, first. (2 votes) 11%
Lurker
0 likes
Gals, if you're single and looking, do you care what a guy does for a living?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not at all, when I met hubby, he was worried that I had more education than he did, but I pointed out that within five minutes of picking me up for our first date he had me giggling at one of his jokes, and from then on, he made me feel good whenever we were together. So much that when he asked if we could make this a permanent deal, he got as far as "Will you mar-" and I was "YES!!! YES!!!"
Single girls, what he makes or what he does for a living is immaterial, go for the guy who makes you feel the warm fuzzies all the time.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
0 likes
My husband was nineteen and working in a supermarket when we first got together.

As long as he's got a job and some ambition, that's all that matters to me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Long as it's legal, I don't mind
0 likes
Quote by rxtales
Long as it's legal, I don't mind

Good point!
Lurker
0 likes
Nope anything fine by me.

Although I prefer blokes who do some kind of manual labour work, building, or mechanic, both my exes were either a joiner or a plumber.... i dunno i guess i just like em manly smile If i walk past a building site I always have to look, high vis jackets are goos ones to look out for biggrin
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yeaaaaah, I do ! he has to make a lot of money and buy me clothes and jewllery, if he doesn't get me the things, then I leave him. Or i just say "Buy me that or i'll go find someone who will'. ahahaha, it's fun, smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Doesn't matter to me what he does, just so long as he does something! I deifinitely don't need a man mooching off my millions!

I wouldn't expect a man to support me but I would certainly expect him to be able to support himself.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MMonroe

Although I prefer blokes who do some kind of manual labour work, building, or mechanic, both my exes were either a joiner or a plumber.... i dunno i guess i just like em manly smile If i walk past a building site I always have to look, high vis jackets are goos ones to look out for biggrin

Can you repeat this in American?

What's a joiner?
And what's high vis jackets?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lol, you would think the Americans use a different language from us Brits sometimes Chefkathleen!!

A joiner is someone who works with wood in building, like making frames and stuff (or something along those lines!) and a "high vis" is short for High Visibility Jacket here, its those bright yellow jackets that you see people wear on building sites and in warehouses.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sunshine22345
Yeaaaaah, I do ! he has to make a lot of money and buy me clothes and jewllery, if he doesn't get me the things, then I leave him. Or i just say "Buy me that or i'll go find someone who will'. ahahaha, it's fun, smile

Yeeeeeaahh, girls like you give women in general a bad rap. "Bitches will be bitches as I smash in my chevy...." Snoop
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm a machine mechanic/electrician. Who's coming over?? LOL And since I work in skilled trades I knew what MM meant even if it's not quite the same terms we always use here. OK, who knows what a Boomer is? A Finisher? A Laborer (easy one)? A Rigger? A Fitter? A Tinner?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Quote by MMonroe

Can you repeat this in American?

What's a joiner?
And what's high vis jackets?

Joiner - carpenter/builder
High vis jacket - Just those bright yellow flourescent jackets that workmen have to wear in public. Basically it signals to me workmen, strong guys with nice hands and arent afraid to get their hands dirty :9
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Mr_Sfstk8d
I'm a machine mechanic/electrician. Who's coming over?? LOL And since I work in skilled trades I knew what MM meant even if it's not quite the same terms we always use here. OK, who knows what a Boomer is? A Finisher? A Laborer (easy one)? A Rigger? A Fitter? A Tinner?

I know what a rigger and a fitter is...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A boomer goes from one big job to the next.
A Finisher a master concrete mason.
A tinner is a tin knocker.

what is a coatings sling-er?
Carpe Diem

Red out
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Coating slinger. Isn't that like a sub cat of painters, like the guys who finishe the insides of water towers or epoxy seal underground sanitary lines?
Lurker
0 likes
as long as he is employed...I do need someone to buy me drinks lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As long as what he does isn't against the law, I don't care what he does. I would hope that he doesn't hate his job though.
Lurker
0 likes
Lmao, I agree with Blowboy. I guess those material "have to haves" disappear as the maturation process progresses and Lois I'll buy you drinks anytime
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chef07
Lmao, I agree with Blowboy. I guess those material "have to haves" disappear as the maturation process progresses and Lois I'll buy you drinks anytime

aw thanks hun *bum pinch and a grope*
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Loislane
as long as he is employed...I do need someone to buy me drinks lol

Agreed!
Lurker
0 likes
If we are looking for a night of ecstasy or two or even a month or two who cares.

But if I we are looking for a man to build a life and family with that is not to be completely discounted. Will his work provide the income to raise children. Does not, Does not mean rich or makes a lot of money. But enough that you know the rent will be paid and there will be reasonable amounts of clothing and entertainment. Plus food and such on the table.

I have friends that live in not the best part of town and not the worst, If you said lets go on Vacation/Holiday together they would likely have to decline. But there is no home that has more love and joy in it than theirs.

U S divorce data says financial issues is high on the list of causes.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Yes, it matters!

Just like I'm sure it matters to men what I do for a living, or how many men I have slept with, or whether my genetics predispose me to getting fat...LOL

I have dated men with no jobs, and I have dated multimillionaires.

I'm not a gold digger (my family has their own money and security), but I want to date a man that has ambition, the ability to pay his own bills, the ability to treat me now and then (as I am happy to treat him in return), and ability to pay/partake in the lifestyle I want to live. Everyone has a preferred lifestyle they want to live, and the key is finding a partner that can "walk the walk" with them... whatever that might mean.

I have dated men that make less than I do, and I won't do it again...

Now throw me on the judgement roast... I promise I will enjoy the warmth of the flames...LOL
Lurker
0 likes
Any woman who says she doesn't care...is probably lying. A guy doesn't have to have a great job but he needs to have some ambition. Am I right? Women, even though some may dispute, are biologically programmed to seek out a mate who will provide a suitable living environment. You may fuck the hot gas station attendent, but you sure as hell aren't going to marry him. (unless you live in a trailer park or are a teenager). You may have different standards or different things that you look for, but you most likely do care about what the guys does or plans to do.
Lurker
0 likes
Doesn't matter what he does so long as he has a job of some sort.. that's important..
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
Never mattered to me what he did as long as it legal and hes somewhat happy.
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Quote by DamonX
Any woman who says she doesn't care...is probably lying. A guy doesn't have to have a great job but he needs to have some ambition. Am I right? Women, even though some may dispute, are biologically programmed to seek out a mate who will provide a suitable living environment. You may fuck the hot gas station attendent, but you sure as hell aren't going to marry him. (unless you live in a trailer park or are a teenager). You may have different standards or different things that you look for, but you most likely do care about what the guys does or plans to do.

You are sooo off there, Damon! I wouldnt care if the man I married worked for the garbage company or if he worked at McDonalds! Money is not everything!
And by the way....my momma lives in a trailer park. Watch your mouth!
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
I would have to say no. I think what's important is he can support our needs and wants, as long as he knows how to budget and how to spend wisely; I wont care on what he's job is. Its not the money that counts when you love each other right, its having each other and surviving the troubles and problem.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Okay I could come in here and say that none of that matters, all that matters is that we have each other, blah blah, but thats just not the truth. It does matter, not the job but the money.

It doesn't matter what it is really, I could care less if the fool sells stereos, builds furniture, or sells stocks, but whatever it is I do want to be treated to nice things sometimes. And ya, I can pay sometimes too, but I want to know I will be taken care of and I dont have to worry about eating beans out the can at the end of the month. lol. I went through that as a kid, so never again!

I want a man who can take me out, buy me things, and show me a good time. I dont want to hear a lot of complaining about it, and if you cant afford it, then its like somebody else said- nothing wrong with a little fun, but for me to stick around? A little more is what I want.

I dont always want those things ever day and of course if he is an asshole then nothing else matters really, but those things matter to me.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Okay I could come in here and say that none of that matters, all that matters is that we have each other, blah blah, but thats just not the truth. It does matter, not the job but the money.

It doesn't matter what it is really, I could care less if the fool sells stereos, builds furniture, or sells stocks, but whatever it is I do want to be treated to nice things sometimes. And ya, I can pay sometimes too, but I want to know I will be taken care of and I dont have to worry about eating beans out the can at the end of the month. lol. I went through that as a kid, so never again!

I want a man who can take me out, buy me things, and show me a good time. I dont want to hear a lot of complaining about it, and if you cant afford it, then its like somebody else said- nothing wrong with a little fun, but for me to stick around? A little more is what I want.

I dont always want those things ever day and of course if he is an asshole then nothing else matters really, but those things matter to me.

I'm curious, then, as to why you or any other woman wouldn't want to make sure that she can take care of herself financially, by assuring she is self-reliant and able to earn a living that assures her of the standards and levels of well-being that are important to her? I ask this having lived through rough times as a child, too, and having learned that the number one person I could rely on was myself.

After that, the dynamics of the male-female relationship are shifted. If a woman is financially autonomous, and in a field that enables her to live to the standard she aspires to, and she is happy, content, fulfilled, etc, with it, then where is the problem? We're NOT liars, as a previous poster has insinuated, in fact, when it comes to our desire for a relationship. We're not fools, either, and I suspect that you and I have things in common based on our respective backgrounds, and the need to assure that the end of the month is not pitiful. I don't want those days to ever come around again either, and I learned long ago that the one person I could rely on to make sure of that was myself.

Just my opinion, of course. I may get flamed for it, but what the heck, everyone has an opinion, right?