Would you auction your virginity?

15 votes remaining
Yes. (9 votes) 60%
No. (12 votes) 80%
Define "virginity". (1 vote) 7%
Sale at Target, 25% off! (2 votes) 13%
Lurker
0 likes
Gals, would you auction your virginity if you had the chance?

The 19-year-old, who has not been named or pictured, said she posted the advert to help pay for her university fees.

The girl, from Northland, in New Zealand's north island, is only known by her username Unigirl.

She wrote on auction site ineed.co.nz after the auction had finished at NZ$46,000: "I have accepted an offer in excess of $NZ45,000, which is way beyond what I dreamed."

The student added that the advert had been viewed by more than 30,000 people and had received more than 1200 offers.

She wrote: "Thank you to the more than 30,000 people who viewed my ad and to the more than 1200 offers made."

In the auction she described herself as attractive, fit and healthy and that she had never been in a sexual relationship.

She wrote: "I have never had a sexual relationship and am still a virgin.

"I am offering my virginity by tender to the highest bidder as long as all personal safety aspects are observed.

"This is my decision made with full awareness of the circumstances and possible consequences."

She added: "I am fit, healthy and have no medical conditions of any nature.

"I am a keen athlete and have a trim physique."

The girl has not responded to any media requests for interviews.

Ross MacKenzie, the website proprietor, confirmed it was a legitimate posting.

He also defended the auction saying it was legal and did not offend society in general.

Mr MacKenzie said: Ineed does not place moral judgments on our members, believing in the fundamental rights of the individual.

National police spokesman Jon Neilson said no law appeared to have been breached.

But "we would suggest it's not a safe practice," he added.

Bruce Pilbrow of the organisation Parents Inc. told the New Zealand Herald it was "horrifically sad" the woman had to sell herself to meet tuition costs, but sexologist Blair Bishop describing it as "just a novel form of sex work".

Prostitution is legal in New Zealand in brothels and on the streets, as is offering sexual services in print ads and online.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Necho
Probably not, the guy buying it would be in for the fucking and that would leave me in severe pain. Not only that but I cant turn back time

://.prefixmag.com/forum/prefix-forum/2719/

Here here...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Apparently I'm the only super-whore. LOL.

My thoughts: The first time is never great anyway (mine sure wasnt) may as well have something good come out of it. Also, it's not like it was just the highest bidder, when a girl sold hers it in Nevada, she didn't take the highest bidder, she got to control it. Besides, how many girls who say "I would never do that" have had one night stands? Just an interesting look. Not saying a one night stand is selling yourself, but to me, it's just one night. I can definitely sleep with some guy for one night if he's going to pay me thousands of dollars.
Right there. Oh yeah baby. Right there.
Lurker
0 likes
Good point Jezz but i wonder if in 20 years she's going to be thinking what, if I had waited til I had a loving boyfriend to gently introduce me to the world of sex rather than be pounded by some probably fat hairy guy who cant get it anywhere else? My first guy didnt know i was a virgin and he was gentle but i sometimes wonder what it would have been like if he had known...

Her decision at the end of the day but I like to think people have more respect for themselves than that
Lurker
0 likes
Gals, would you auction your virginity if you had the chance?

Isn't that called prostitution? Not into it myself.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Jezzie I’m with you… I’d do it, fuck it my first time traumatized me enough. Plus who are we to judge? My mom has a saying that she loves “just because you don’t charge for it doesn’t you’re not a hoe.” If you can get paid for doing something you would do anyways. I say go for it!
Lurker
0 likes
just because you don’t charge for it doesn’t you’re not a hoe.”

Does this mean "Just because you don't charge for it, doesn't mean you're not a whore?"

If so, then she Is saying that you're a whore.
Lurker
0 likes
Smart woman.PaHNeqHUawsZSCIz
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I guess she is… Or she's a bitter old lady who finds joy in torturing her only daughter. I guess you’ll never really know.
Lurker
0 likes
Maybe she is. Or maybe she's trying to teach her something.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love how people place judgment where judgment doesn't need to be placed because they don't know what goes on at home!!!!!!!!!
Just because someone seems one way online doesn't mean they're that way offline!

Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen

or maybe thats not funny at all to people with verbally abusive parents.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Quote by chefkathleen

I know right…
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Ya I would do it, whats the difference? I lost mine too early to some dumbass fool. If I could make a dollar for something that sucked anyway, thats just a good business decision. We don't all get carried across a threshold in a honeymoon suite for our first time. Life aint that way.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Quote by chefkathleen

Or maybe it wasn't meant to be a joke.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Smart woman.

which would explain this, right? maybe you needled enough on this one.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Quote by LadyX
Quote by chefkathleen

Or maybe it wasn't meant to be a joke.

Or maybe I already responded once and it got deleted. But as a moderator, you're more than welcome to have the last word if you insist, and apparently you do.
Lurker
0 likes
No that's ok. You have it just fine. I missed your last response. Shall we have it again?
I understand you have missed my point in my response to Mara but again, it wasn't made to you.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
No that's ok. You have it just fine. I missed your last response. Shall we have it again?

sure, no problem, here it is again:

Quote by chefkathleen
or maybe it wasn't meant to be a joke.

it wasn't? well, maybe I was thrown off by this response then:

Quote by chefkathleen
Smart woman.

It made it seem like a joke, you know, laughing emoticon and all.

Quote by chefkathleen
I understand you have missed my point in my response to Mara but again, it wasn't made to you.

Yet, it's an open forum and if my nerves get touched then I'll respond. Abusive parents aren't always in the business of teaching lessons, after-school special style, sometimes it's just to hurt us. Comparing us to 'hoes' is not a lesson, and you wouldn't know otherwise unless you actually know her mother, which I doubt. I had the same issues, and don't want anything to do with 'lessons' they taught me, I'm better off without them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love how everyone judges her to be a whore, but how many women will sleep with a man for a nice dinner and some nice presents... where is the difference? Now she just gets to choose the presents! smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ChelleLaBelle
I love how people place judgment where judgment doesn't need to be placed because they don't know what goes on at home!!!!!!!!!
Just because someone seems one way online doesn't mean they're that way offline!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Quote by chefkathleen

sure, no problem, here it is again:

Quote by chefkathleen
or maybe it wasn't meant to be a joke.

it wasn't? well, maybe I was thrown off by this response then:

Quote by chefkathleen
Smart woman.jnmx6unepereeJ6H

It made it seem like a joke, you know, laughing emoticon and all.

Quote by chefkathleen

Yet, it's an open forum and if my nerves get touched then I'll respond. Abusive parents aren't always in the business of teaching lessons, after-school special style, sometimes it's just to hurt us. Comparing us to 'hoes' is not a lesson, and you wouldn't know otherwise unless you actually know her mother, which I doubt. I had the same issues, and don't want anything to do with 'lessons' they taught me, I'm better off without them.

LadyX other than Mara your my new favorite person!!!
Lurker
0 likes

Yet again you miss what I was saying to her. She said that her mom has a "saying". She didn't say that her mother said it to her and that's not how I took her to mean it.(That it was NOT said to her) I thought she was saying that her mom says it in general about "some" women. Hence, I asked her if she meant that you are (you're) a whore. Not meaning Mara but, any woman that she might be talking about.

Are you deliberately doing this? Because it's not a nice thing to do.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen

Yet again you miss what I was saying to her. She said that her mom has a "saying". She didn't say that her mother said it to her and that's not how I took her to mean it.(That it was NOT said to her) I thought she was saying that her mom says it in general about "some" women. Hence, I asked her if she meant that you are (you're) a whore. Not meaning Mara but, any woman that she might be talking about.

Are you deliberately doing this? Because it's not a nice thing to do.

lol, that could not possibly have been less clear, but I will take your word for it. I do most things deliberately yes, not sure what you mean though. I am comfortable with what I have said and only responded to what I thought deserved a response. You feel differently, which is fine with me.
Lurker
0 likes
Where was this question more than 20 years ago. Sure I would have done it, but of course he would have not received what he was paying for. I was such a dumbass the about sex and unless he got a rain check for another visit he would have been short changed. Girls if we receive cash for sex, or a nice diner and bottle of wine or a home and furnishings we are all whores. Just some of us refused to recognize the truth
Lurker
0 likes
Yes I wish I'd had thought of that..lol..you sell your body one way or another everyday...