Vibrator Recommendations Please

last reply
14 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
1 like
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I have a gift certificate from the sex toy store (don't ask)... and I am wondering if any of the ladies have any good recommendations on something they would definitely buy again. I have been disappointed in the past..

I have gone through many a pocket rocket over the years and that seems to be the only thing I am consistently replacing, but is there anything else that is worth spending some serious $$ on a toy?

A friend recommended the cordless "Hitachi Magic Wand" and I thought it was going to be some ultra sexy thing and when I finally saw it, I realized that yeah... its enormous and quite heavy! So I left it on the shelf...

Have also heard all the hoopla about the "Rabbit" but don't know anyone that's actually bought it...

I have been liking what I've seen of the Lelo line of toys, but again, don't know anyone that's actually bought...

Sooo...I'm just wondering if there are any toys worth a good investment because a lot of them are running $100-$200 these days and I don't need yet another piece of plastic to throw into a drawer.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Although I'm not a female, I have given a few of these as gifts in the past.

Several female friends of mine love their Rabbit. But it is a softer gelatin-like plastic. I had one fckbuddy reply that though she enjoyed it somewhat, she much preferred a much more rigid vibrator.

What is your preference?

The Rabbits eat batteries quickly, but one of them is going on six years of fairly constant use - And the other three are all nearing 4 to 5 years of functioning playtime, providing they are used for the intended purposes and not as any other substitute tool.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
5-6 years is pretty good durability for the Rabbit!

I do prefer something that feels more realistic (with some softness) in general. I have tried glass and its definitely an interesting feel but I find it best for sex play when I can have the real thing as well. Aesthetically speaking glass can be quite a beautiful and sexy thing to use.

The one I am crushing on is the Lelo Gigi... and it has a rechargeable battery too! Seems to get good reviews online but don't know anyone personally that has tried that line of toys... Although they are pricey it would be worth the $ for something good quality. And they are Swedish made (Just like me!)
Lurker
0 likes
My absolute favorite is my rabbit, it hits ALL the right spots and who cares about the way it eats batteries as long as I have an adequate supply
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Also male but, I used to have a mail order sex toy shop, the most popular of all the toys i sold was the "rabbit" type, i sold hundreds of them, and never had a single complaint.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
The Tongue is good, but my "heart" belongs to my rabbit-style vibes. My gf's swear by their Hitachi Magic Wands. I think that may be my next purchase.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Update: Thanks to all for your suggestions!!

I did some diligent browsing today at the Toy Store... and after MUCH consideration I realized there were two that I couldn't take my eyes (or hands) off of! Soooo... being the excessive type I am, I bought both. I fully blame this on my sudden Lush addiction (this site is like crack for the sex-drive! Who knew it could happen so fast!

So my two new 'friends' are from the Lelo line (gorgeous, upscale line). They are called: Lelo Gigi and Lelo Ina... No batteries - just charge like a cellphone and 2 hours of fun! Needless to say they are both revving up as I write this...

Very excited!! Of course, $375 later... I have HIGH expectations... but 10 yr warranty so I figure its an investment...

The Gigi is a g-spot vibe and the Ina is in the style of the Rabbit...

These vibes are sooo smooth to the touch... medical grade silicone... amazing! (*fingers crossed*).

Thanks everyone!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Although I'm not a female, I have given a few of these as gifts in the past.

Several female friends of mine love their Rabbit. But it is a softer gelatin-like plastic. I had one fckbuddy reply that though she enjoyed it somewhat, she much preferred a much more rigid vibrator.

What is your preference?

The Rabbits eat batteries quickly, but one of them is going on six years of fairly constant use - And the other three are all nearing 4 to 5 years of functioning playtime, providing they are used for the intended purposes and not as any other substitute tool.

Why do you constantly reply on the ask the girls thread? Give the girls a chance to answer and stop being Johnny on the Spot! Sheesh it's very annoying!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Blue Dolphin is a good one....you can use it underwater and everything!
Alpha Blonde
1 like
Here is my review:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!

I am happy I bought both because they both do different things (Gigi is a g-spot vibe with a perfect side 'head' where you can also get a more full-bodied clitoral sensation). It's the one to reach to when you want to be more creative with what you do... Also you can use it during sex.

The Ina is... gorgeous! OMG. It's very much like the rabbit. The only thing I might change on this would be to make it a little bit longer... but overall its some crazy good feelings.

I am able to have very quiet orgasms if I have to, but there was nothing quiet about either of these... A LOT of thrashing about and a lot of noise! I swear I was able to maintain a full on "O" for several minutes long at that same high intensity (never been able to do that before!)... I only stopped because after several minutes of that kind of screaming high, I feared I might explode or something! LOL...

I am throwing away all the other crap in my goodie drawers. I really think these two are all I need. And the Lelo line is fabulous. Really high quality, smooth, curved in all the right places. And so pretty too! very highly recommended. And also - they have a men's line called "Homme" for guys that are interested.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You mention you bought Lelo products.

Can you tell me some more here, or in private, about their "splash proof"ness? I am looking at buying a few of their products as the ease of buying them in China is much better than other lines. As well, how would you grade their settings? The ease of changing settings? And how powerful is it compared to say a Fun Factory item?

Hummm... I see a Consumer Report Thread in the future!! LOL!!!
Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Woman
You mention you bought Lelo products.

Can you tell me some more here, or in private, about their "splash proof"ness? I am looking at buying a few of their products as the ease of buying them in China is much better than other lines. As well, how would you grade their settings? The ease of changing settings? And how powerful is it compared to say a Fun Factory item?

Hummm... I see a Consumer Report Thread in the future!! LOL!!!

I sent you a PM with more info!
Let me know if you have anymore Qs! Happy to answer!
0 likes
It all depends whether it is to use alone or with someone. Alone I would always go for the rampant rabbit, but with someone then a feeldoe with a bullet vibe in the base