Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

How important is a man's height? Options · View
WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 10:30:40 AM

MJ was a pretty handsome dude in his early to mid 20's...before his psychosis started getting out of hand.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
DamonX
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 10:38:11 PM

DamonX wrote:
I'm conducting a sociological experiment on adultfriendfinder.com. I'm using the same profile but with different heights. (5'3, 5'9, 6'2). I'm going to see which one gets more responses from girls.

glasses8

Just thought I'd update the results of my little experiment. This is by no means a randomized controlled trial, but anyways...

I was on aff for a year with my actual height (5'9). I then changed it to 6'2 for a few days and then 5'3 for a few days. The thing that surprised me the most was how many more women were interested in the 6'2 version than the 5'9 version. I always assumed that women would have little interest in an extremely short guy, but I had no idea how many would reject the 5'9 guy. Especially since most of the women that rejected the 5'9 were women that I would consider not in my league (yes, horrible I know) if I met them at a bar or party. Maybe women are just looking for "the ideal guy" when cruising for internet sex?

5'3 didn't get a single response.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2010 6:23:15 PM

LadyX wrote:
freefallin1309 wrote:
No, but they're not tall either. My point was that women love men of all heights it seems ... they may prefer tall, but by looking at Hollywood hunks, they're average or slightly short.

I heard that they make a big effort to make the shorter actors look tall though so even in hollywood they try to make the actors look tall even if they are not.

This guy was worried about his height for at least 25 years.

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Arnold-Schwarzenegger-177.html

hell, I'm only 6'3" and it's a pain in the ass trying to purchase blue jeans which fit properly.

Suit slacks? For a man with a 32" waist and 37" inseam? Good fcking luck. Everything is tailored (as it should be) but the off the rack suits which I need for the inseam length, also have 42" to 56" waist sizes. Talk about draping/pleated slacks. evil4

I really have to shop for the 36" waist/ 36-37" inseam slacks. Those are found at a rate of about 1 every 6 months of searching. And you better like the color or pattern when you find it.

fucking fat, stubby legged bastards!!cussing All 20 million of those junk food eating assholes which make up the majority of suit wearing males in America.

thepainter
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 5:07:12 AM

Well I don't think we should wait for Zarathustra to make an appearance in this thread.

Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
thepainter
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 7:45:56 AM

evil4 laughing8 notworthy 6 952-67

Good one lois!

Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Pixie
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 9:10:19 AM

Ok here is my two cents. I am 5'2. I would rather be with a man that is taller than I am. To me, it makes me feel secure. Plus, you get to figure out creative ways to have sex since your bodies don't match up together right. Lwinking

♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
LadyX
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 2:20:43 PM

Pixie wrote:
you get to figure out creative ways to have sex since your bodies don't match up together right. Lwinking

happens to me a lot- its a fun problem to try and solve at least.430-128
Miss18
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:53:14 AM

I'm 5'2". I'm with a guy who's 5"11. He's the perfect height for me. Any taller would be weird but shorter would be too... I don't know.

I've seen more short guys with taller girls then with shorter girls. It seems the shorter girls prefer extremely tall guys.
LaceyChains
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:38:22 PM

I'm 5'4". I want my guy to be at least close to 6'. Someone big enough to be able to manhandle me.
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:43:48 PM

LaceyChains wrote:
I'm 5'4". I want my guy to be at least close to 6'. Someone big enough to be able to manhandle me.
I heard that, sister.toast
DamonX
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:17:23 PM

Miss18 wrote:
I'm 5'2". I'm with a guy who's 5"11. He's the perfect height for me. Any taller would be weird but shorter would be too... I don't know.

I've seen more short guys with taller girls then with shorter girls. It seems the shorter girls prefer extremely tall guys.

Haha, yeah. i have a female friend that is extremely short (like 4'11). She's really good looking so short guys always hit on her because they think that they have a good chance. But she doesn't like short guys either. She actually gets really annoyed by being pestered constantly by short guys.
PaperGangster
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 10:36:44 PM

I'm 5'3" -- the shortest I've dated is the same. Ideally my guy would be taller, but as long as he's 5'3", that's fine. ;)
BigRod
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 2:50:39 PM

I'm 6 feet tall.. 9'-4" with my wings extended.. so the relevant issue of attraction vs. height has never been something I had to deal with.. but a lot of my friends are shorter than 5'-9" and I do see a different level of acceptance by not only women but also men.. for some reason probably inherent to the nature of carbon based lifeforms.. there is a "prove yourself" attitude that is applied in their associations.. sort of the "runt of the litter" connotation.. it has been my experience though that it is the size of the heart that matters and not what rack they buy their clothes off of...
AppleOfYourEye
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 11:32:22 PM

I'm 5'10 and I have dated men who were my height and they had problems with me being at eye level.

I have always prefered my man to be taller than me, I want to feel safe and secure in his arms, and I don't think I could feel that way if I'm the taller one in the realtionship. I also like being able to look up at my man. I don't care if he is 6'0 or 8'0 the taller then better, however, height isn't the only criteria that makes a man physically attractive.

As shallow as it is, I just don't think I could date someone shorter than me. dontknow

Apple
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 10:33:18 AM

Oh ... my ... god. I've never heard such crap issued from ones mouth in my life. Truly. This guy needs help, badly. Is there a Doctor on Lush that can guide this man?

(and by your picture Driver, I'd say by the shortness of your biceps and forearms and small diameter of your pecs, that you're about 5'8". And the spiked hair in all of your pics ... making you look taller?)
ToxicKisses
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 11:24:29 AM

My uncle is 5'2", is what is considered fat, and is balding. All that is supposed to be against him. For his height we call him vertically challenged, his weight he becomes a well-rounded man, and his hair line is what we say is his guarantee he's part of the family. All the men in the family have the bald on the top, hair around the the outside of the head thing happen. I love my uncle to pieces. For as long as I can remember, he's always been in relationships. So he's not a guy that fits a stereotypical ideal. He's great, and ends up with some rather pretty ladies.

My personal preference has been pretty varied, but I've been told I have a thing for scrawny guys. Many of them have been, I've been attracted to a guy who it took two of us to hug him fully. There's no guarantee anywhere. So it shouldn't make a difference.

Dare to get poisoned? Then try kissing me...
Magical_felix
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 11:50:06 AM

Come on Driver... Having a short guy spike his hair up to appear taller? You gotta be having a laugh there.

A short guy spiking his hair up to appear taller reminds me of when they put a long antenna at the top of a sky scraper so they can claim it's taller than another skyscraper.

Eeyore123
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:00:50 PM

tall??? well i like talll men but then iam 5'3" so anybody wis taller than me!!!

Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:15:09 PM

I'm 6 ft. 3 in. (75 in.) and I never really though of myself as tall. Both of my brothers are taller than I am, and it never really sank in that I might be taller than other people. I also happen to have very broad shoulders and a muscular build, which I think kills the over all visual effect of being tall. That being said, I had a girlfriend once who was 5.1 (61 in). That is a 14 inch difference. Whenever we danced it felt like I was holding my sister. I would put aftershave on my chest ... OK, not really, but you get the point. The funny thing is, when we were in bed together, sex worked out perfectly.

The first time we engaged in consensual coital congress (Woohoo an alliteration three pointer!) it was almost by accident. We were role-playing an abduction scene. (We BDSM people do that sometimes, and it doesn't always include sex as an end point.) towards the end of the scene, (I'll skip the details) I threw her onto a mattress, grabbed her tiny wrists above her head and restrained her small body with my own. As I pressed down upon her, covering her, I inched myself inside; milling her sex. This decisive action pinioned her movements and elicited an exclamatory gasp. Surprisingly enough, our faces lined up in a way that never happened when we were dancing vertically. I bit her bottom lip as she gasped, and ground into her; Smiling, sharing the rabid debauched taste of her lips and tongue in this new unexpected way.

As it turns out, her height challenges(?) existed mostly in short legs; her torso was pretty average. You would never really notice the discrepancy by looking at her, as it only made itself evident in bed. I am sure this revelation holds true with some men as well. In my experience a lot of (so called) vertical shortcomings are equalized within the supine (aggregating) judicature of sex.

Having traversed the reality of hot steamy sex, negating the vertical height bias with some practical horizontal ridge grinding, I think this girl and I could have made a a great couple. Unfortunately she had this habit of calling me "daddy" in the throws of passion. Not like "big daddy," or "who's your daddy." It was more like "fuck me daddy, show your little girl how it's done." It creeped me out something awful. (Obviously more than any perceived height(?) issue.)
WellMadeMale
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:25:53 PM

Magical_felix wrote:
Come on Driver... Having a short guy spike his hair up to appear taller? You gotta be having a laugh there.

A short guy spiking his hair up to appear taller reminds me of when they put a long antenna at the top of a sky scraper so they can claim it's taller than another skyscraper.

Aw come'on Felix...it's not just for height challenged men. Jake added another 2 inches to his almost 6'4" frame.

In 2001.

Magical_felix
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:28:40 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
Magical_felix wrote:

Aw come'on Felix...it's not just for height challenged men. Jake added another 2 inches to his almost 6'4" frame.

In 2001.

sad3

Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:34:11 PM

Sorry to all the wonderful men that are less than tall, but I want and need a man of a certain height. I am 5'8" with bare feet and then with heels I well you know. Several have mentioned a number of film stars that are well under 6'. Most be important to some, but I have always dated real men not some image on the screen.

My husband is 6'3" and I would not be comfortable with a man much shorter than that. A taller man stands out in a crowd, make you feel protected, safe and dominated in just the right way.

I know that is shallow and superficial, but the is a common thread with the woman of Lush and that is why your guys love us.

Of course Xuani at 5'2" all/most men are tall. Not fair you have the choice of the entire market and those of us who are on the taller side have to settle for what you reject!
Revolution
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:42:44 PM

This thread made me laugh.

Being short (5'4ish) all I can say is it is nowhere near as bad as The_Driver makes it out to be. I'm awesome, even though I'm (very) short and I'm always going to be awesome. That's what matters, my confidence, not my height.

In a purely "sexually attractive" sense, yes, a tall guy might win, but really that means very little. All it means is it is easier to get attention if you are tall. It doesn't mean you CAN'T get attention if you're short, just that as a short guy, you have to work a bit harder for it. Not that big of a deal imo.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, yes being tall is an advantage, but that doesn't make being short a disadvantage. There will always be people who don't find you attractive (for whatever reason, not just your height), but that doesn't mean you are a complete failure, as The_Driver implies.

"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it...or, learn from it." - Rafiki, The Lion King
Magical_felix
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:51:21 PM

Revolution wrote:

Being short (5'4ish) all I can say is it is nowhere near as bad as The_Driver makes it out to be. I'm awesome, even though I'm (very) short and I'm always going to be awesome. That's what matters, my confidence, not my height.

In a purely "sexually attractive" sense, yes, a tall guy might win, but really that means very little. All it means is it is easier to get attention if you are tall. It doesn't mean you CAN'T get attention if you're short, just that as a short guy, you have to work a bit harder for it. Not that big of a deal imo.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, yes being tall is an advantage, but that doesn't make being short a disadvantage. There will always be people who don't find you attractive (for whatever reason, not just your height), but that doesn't mean you are a complete failure, as The_Driver implies.

Yes yes but I must know, Have you ever spiked your hair up a fewf inches? Did this help you appear taller? Did you now get more ladies than a guy who's 5'5''?

Revolution
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:53:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Revolution wrote:

Yes yes but I must know, Have you ever spiked your hair up a fewf inches? Did this help you appear taller? Did you now get more ladies than a guy who's 5'5''?

Ye man, all the time. I have long hair too, so It adds about 5+ inches. Maybe that's why I don't have much of a problem being short, my hair makes me seem tall. ;)

"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it...or, learn from it." - Rafiki, The Lion King
Magical_felix
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:55:36 PM

Interesting. I should grow mine out a bit. Hit that coveted 6' mark.

castlequeen
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 1:15:31 PM

OK, as a woman of 5'10", I've dealt with this a bit, my first serious bf was 5'7", but he was one of the most confident men I've EVER met, hubby included, so it was no worry. I used to ask him if he wanted me to wear flats, and he'd say "no way, you have great legs, show 'em off!". As far as a taller man making you feel safer, nonsense! He would have whooped anyone that gave me the slightest impertinence, and he wasn't a muscular guy, once again, it's the confidence. Hubby's taller than me, and with certain heels, I'm taller than he is, but he doesn't mind, and I certainly don't. In fact, last weekend we went to a party and he begged me to wear my "hooker boots" with 6 inch heels, and I towered over him, but he didn't care at all. The heels however had me in agony after about an hour, how the hell do strippers and actual hookers wear those damn things?

"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Rembacher
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 1:21:02 PM

I'll admit to being frustrated when, at 5'9 I get passed over by a girl at least 5 inches shorter than me, because she won't date below 6 feet. But then, on the other side of that, I rarely go after anyone taller than 5'5", so there are probably a few women out their who have been frustrated by me too.

One of my better friends is 6'4", and I've never noticed that he draws more attention than me. We both have our games, which seem to work alright.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 1:22:54 PM

Magical_felix wrote:
Interesting. I should grow mine out a bit. Hit that coveted 6' mark.

Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 2:17:19 PM

NobeUddy wrote:
I'm 6 ft. 3 in. (75 in.) and I never really though of myself as tall. Both of my brothers are taller than I am, and it never really sank in that I might be taller than other people. I also happen to have very broad shoulders and a muscular build, which I think kills the over all visual effect of being tall. That being said, I had a girlfriend once who was 5.1 (61 in). That is a 14 inch difference. Whenever we danced it felt like I was holding my sister. I would put aftershave on my chest ... OK, not really, but you get the point. The funny thing is, when we were in bed together, sex worked out perfectly.

The first time we engaged in consensual coital congress (Woohoo an alliteration three pointer!) it was almost by accident. We were role-playing an abduction scene. (We BDSM people do that sometimes, and it doesn't always include sex as an end point.) towards the end of the scene, (I'll skip the details) I threw her onto a mattress, grabbed her tiny wrists above her head and restrained her small body with my own. As I pressed down upon her, covering her, I inched myself inside; milling her sex. This decisive action pinioned her movements and elicited an exclamatory gasp. Surprisingly enough, our faces lined up in a way that never happened when we were dancing vertically. I bit her bottom lip as she gasped, and ground into her; Smiling, sharing the rabid debauched taste of her lips and tongue in this new unexpected way.

As it turns out, her height challenges(?) existed mostly in short legs; her torso was pretty average. You would never really notice the discrepancy by looking at her, as it only made itself evident in bed. I am sure this revelation holds true with some men as well. In my experience a lot of (so called) vertical shortcomings are equalized within the supine (aggregating) judicature of sex.

Having traversed the reality of hot steamy sex, negating the vertical height bias with some practical horizontal ridge grinding, I think this girl and I could have made a a great couple. Unfortunately she had this habit of calling me "daddy" in the throws of passion. Not like "big daddy," or "who's your daddy." It was more like "fuck me daddy, show your little girl how it's done." It creeped me out something awful. (Obviously more than any perceived height(?) issue.)

I have a feeling that you just spoke right over a head or two her Nobel. You might want to tone down the consonantal alliteration and vocalic alliteration. 6