Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Acting Out Patience

"Ex-soldier becomes infatuated with inaccessible lady but persists..."

7
6 Comments 6
2.7k Views 2.7k
9.9k words 9.9k words

Invalided from the army and the dry heat and horrors of Afghanistan, Dan Mason wondered how many times life was going to kick him in the teeth. First, Janet, his wife, he found had run off to Belgium with a rich businessman. Having to surrender the army house, Dan found a basement flat, two rooms with shower and toilet. A dump really, but weeks of scrubbing and painting made it acceptable.

Job hunting proved unsatisfactory. Then, luck, or fate, took a hand. One evening in the local pub, Dan chatted with a grey-haired, middle-aged man, Joe Marske, who listened sympathetically to Dan’s Afghanistan experiences. Getting onto Dan’s employment difficulties, Joe's brow had furrowed. "Does your wound bother you now?" he asked.

Dan flexed his left shoulder, “Medics said it would never be right. Well, after over a year, I'm hardly aware of it. What work do you do?"

“I've been assistant stage director at the Alhambra for over twenty years."

An undefinable spark tickled inside Dan's chest, "That must be interesting work."

"It can be," Joe sipped his beer, before asking. "Would being a stagehand appeal to you?”

Dan was instantly alive with enthusiasm. Before the army, he'd enjoyed many shows at the Alhambra. Joe held up a restraining hand, "Don't get too excited. It’s pretty menial work."

"More menial than shelf stacking?" Dan asked.

Joe laughed and went on to warn Dan that some experience was preferred, but the stage manager, Sam Murphy, had sympathy for discharged servicemen.

Within two weeks, Dan was learning the general rudiments of scene shifting. Moving tables and chairs on and off stage were menial, but Dan didn't mind. Being involved was fascinating. To witness, and be part of, the preparations for a performance caught his imagination.

As the weeks passed, he became more proficient at his job. He was allowed up into the flies, the high platforms from which curtains and backdrops were operated.

The work was enjoyable, but gradually the magic of the theatre ate into Dan, capturing his imagination. He was enthused as he watched actors performing with such bravura and confidence.

Dazzled by it all, Dan regretted never following-up the exciting experience of acting in a school play before leaving high school. Instead, he had joined the army and nearly had his arm shot off. Good thinking, Dan.

Browsing in a second-hand bookshop, he bought a cheap dog-eared copy of 'The Works of William Shakespeare'. At night he would sit and read aloud in the quiet of his lonely flat, fooling himself that he sounded professional.

When a week’s performance ended, the stage would be cleared completely. One night, when most hands had left, Dan, heading out, passed one of the curtained stage entrances. The completely empty stage was still dimly lit.

Laughing to himself, he made, ‘his grand entrance’. More purposefully, he marched to the stage centre. Uncertainly, he did some arm waving, before, almost unconsciously, words he’d spouted in his school play burst forth. “My Lord, I could be well contented to be there in respect of the love I bear thy house-"

Easy, to empty seats, but what if it was a live audience? Despite those doubts, the thrill of doing it remained, and he continued, louder and with applied anger—"He could be contented; why is he not then? In respect of - "

Hands clapping behind him had Dan turning, his face flushing. Joe Marske was standing there, his head nodding, but an appreciative smile on his face.

"Wow, Hotspur from Henry the Fourth. Are you catching the acting bug, Dan?"

Dan admitted how working the Alhambra had stimulated him.

Joe told him how impressed he’d been. "You really fancy acting? It's never too late. You’re how old?"

"Twenty-five."

"Talk to Mrs Garson.” Joe said, “The theatre funds her amateur group. It's a studio around the corner, but you could catch her here tomorrow. Their annual in-house production is this week. Sunday is always final rehearsal day."

Dan asked, "Will she take me?"

"I’ll put in a word for you. She's a charming lady."

Wow, getting into acting, the prospect excited him.

Sunday arrived, so did anticipation. Dan was there early. Around lunchtime, actors drifted in and soon the stage was buzzing as small groups formed. Dan was wondering which group might contain Mrs Garson when Joe arrived. "The lady is just over there, Dan," he said, pointing to where a large middle-aged lady, grey-hair and stern-faced, was addressing a small circle of actors.

"Come on, I'll introduce you."

Then a voice called out, "Joe, a quick word."

Sam Murphy, stage director, was standing rear stage, beckoning. "Good, he’s smiling," Joe murmured, "Go on, just introduce yourself. She’s expecting you."

Strangely nervous, Dan moved across the stage. By now, the small group had almost dispersed. The large lady was talking to a smaller trim figured woman whose fair hair was pulled back into a ponytail.

His eyes fixed on the darkly sour face of his target. Cold eyes looked beyond her companion noting his approach.

"Excuse me, Mrs Garson?"

Her dark eyes gave a slight glance towards the other lady, whose head was already beginning to turn. Before they were face to face something interfered with Dan’s nerve ends.

As she turned fully, she was saying, "I'm Mrs Garson." Delicately formed lips smiled at him before the smile faded. But that smile, the wide blue eyes, the way her cheeks sloped to a delicate chin, had Dan gazing stupidly at her.

So beautiful. Had any woman ever affected him so instantly? All the sound and movement faded. The big lady excused herself and moved away. Everything drifted away.

For a few seconds, they stood there looking at each other, until, she said, "Call me Connie. You must be Dan. Joe told me about you."

Dan stammered a response, "He said you might - have room for me—in your group."

"My groups are very flexible," she told him, the smile returning, charming Dan further, "Joe said you were very keen—and quite impressive."

"He exaggerated," he said, "But I do wonder how I might cope."

Within ten minutes they agreed, given his work times, he could be involved on Tuesday evenings and on Sundays. His excitement slumped when he learned there would be no sessions that week, because of their theatre performance. They’d be part of his work all week. This gave Dan so many opportunities to look at that wondrous face, as she directed her actors every evening. Although he had to concentrate on his job, it was Connie Garson his eyes constantly found.

He controlled his imagination when he thought she glanced in his direction. Yes, you wish, he told himself.

A married lady, with such a delightful face, and lithe sensuous movements that thrilled him, Connie Garson was beyond his reach. He would lie in bed, see her face and curse himself for this infatuation for a lady he hardly knew.

That second Tuesday he read the sign, ‘The Acting Studio’, on the door. A flight of stairs took him into a large room above a drapery shop.

Chairs against the wall and a piano standing in one corner left the central floor area clear. A mixed group of maybe twenty, evenly split in both in gender and age. And there was Connie Garson, delightful in her ubiquitous tight black pants and clinging white T-shirt, smiling her greeting, before introducing him to the group.

From that evening, and for subsequent weeks while trying to not to stare at Connie, Dan played a number of improvised roles; a Nazi prison camp commander, a nagged husband, a visiting social worker, a street beggar. His early efforts were uncertain, but, wallowing in Connie’s honest praise, his confidence grew. He happily watched Connie demonstrate how a role might be improved. She was so talented.

After his prison commander role, Connie told him, “Joe was right. You were so convincing.” Her words gave him such a glow.

But it wasn't just her words. Were her glances more frequent, her smiles, more spontaneous? Or were they all in his wild imagination?

When he told Joe about how helpful Connie had been. Joe said, "I told you, she’s a smashing lady. It’s such a shame."

Dan frowned and asked what he meant.

"Oh, you won’t know about the accident?"

Dan shook his head, “She had an accident?”

“Not her. Her husband, Max, owned a couple of car franchises.”

Joe went on to tell Dan how, being a speed freak, Max Garson had, one late evening, smashed his Harley Davidson into the back of a tractor on a country road bend. “He's been in a coma for nearly six months."

"God, that's terrible." Dan could not explain the range of mixed emotion that hit him. “Will he recover?”

Joe’s head shook slowly, “Connie told me the medics gave little hope. Max’s mother though, refuses to have the life support switched off, despite their advice. So, Connie visits near every day. I really feel for her. Such a lovely lady."

Not long after that shock revelation, came the session that really broke the ice.

Sundays were usually dramatic readings, but Connie told them that the first part of that morning would be improvisations. Always non-critical, her corrective performances were always accomplished and helpful.

When his turn came, Dan was paired with Linda, a quiet, young lady, and Connie's instructions were specific, "Dan, you are a soldier returning home after nine months on duty," she said, half smiling.

Dan smiled back, as Connie addressed Linda, "Linda, you are the highly frustrated young wife, wildly eager for his return. And I do mean wildly. All right?"

As Connie sat with the others, Dan opened the room door as though entering, trying to think up a satisfactory opening line. He slammed the door, and called out, "Strange man in the house! Anybody want to kiss him?"

Connie's nod of approval warmed him. Then Linda hurried across the room, arms outstretched, declaring, "Adam. Oh, Adam. You're home at last."

Dan accepted her embrace, but Linda turned her head, so they were kissing each other on the cheek, before their lips, tightly clenched, met in a dry kiss.

"No, no!" Connie's voice broke them apart. She strode purposefully towards them. "You’ve been longing for him, Linda," she said gently. “Watch. From the door again, Dan."

Would she do it? Dan’s own hand trembled as he held the door. Then he slammed it and repeated his original line. Instantly, Connie was rushing towards him, arms outstretched

"Oh, God, Adam," she cried, and Dan found no time for anticipation before Connie' s body slammed wildly against him, her thighs pushed between his, her arms wrapped tightly pulling him closer, as her parted lips found his.

How long was that kiss? Dan had no idea as their mouths meshed together, moistly searching, warmly giving. Briefly, their tongues met, and the insides of Dan's cheeks tingled under the spell of her. Ah, the land of dreams. There were a couple of 'Wow's' from the group, as Connie’s hips wriggled against him

God, what if he had an erection right in front of everybody?

But then, too quickly, it was over. As she stepped back, Connie’s blue eyes momentarily held his, and, among applause from the group, she turned to Linda and said, "You see, Linda. Passion. Be wild for him."

Linda’s second attempt was better but was more like being kissed by a snowman after Connie’s display.

After lunch, the afternoon was back into the Sunday routine of script reading. As much as he loved looking and listening to her, Dan’s mind was searching the significance, if any, of that kiss, so hot, so genuine.

Was he creating a false scenario in considering the event? Connie’s tragic circumstances only made him respect her more, even though she still quickened his breathing. Hell, hadn't he, from the first, decided that being close to her was satisfaction enough? But, oh, that kiss!

When the afternoon session ended, Connie formally dismissed them. More chairs were scattered around the floor than usual, and Dan, along with one of the men, helped place them back against the wall.

His co-worker bid his farewells, and Dan was just placing the final chair when the changing room door opened, and Connie emerged to take his breath away. He’d only ever seen her in tight black pants and T-shirt.

Now, a pale blue dress emphasised her shapely body. Her hair was loosened and framed her face as it fell short of shoulder length. She looked surprised at seeing him, as she explained, "I have a hospital visit after every Sunday session." Dan had never stayed long enough to see this transformation.

"Ah, yes, your husband. Dan told me. I was sorry--"

She nodded rather curtly and cutting off his sympathy, she asked, "How come you're still here?"

Dan pointed to the chairs, “Scene shifting.”

"Oh, that was good of you." She came nearer. Too close, Dan was thinking, as those wonderful eyes held his, her delicate perfume filled his head, and a sense of magic heat reached out to him. Her next question only added to his emotional unease.

"Did my kiss embarrass you earlier?"

A key moment. To lie, to pass it off, or to reveal something of what he really felt, which could it be? There was no real doubt. Boldness, be my friend.

"I didn't want it to end," he said bluntly. Instant pinkness blossomed on her cheeks, with a surprised ‘Oh’ shape on her lips. Quickly he added, "You’re a convincing actress."

Her head turned away towards the high window, and then she turned back, "Suppose I wasn't acting?" Sheer joyful surprise, as she stepped back quickly, saying, "Oh, God, I shouldn't have said that."

Dan didn't want to let this go, "Yes, you should. But only if it's true."

She shook her head, her fair hair swayed fetchingly across her cheeks. She glanced at her watch, "I must go, but we need to talk. And soon." Her eyes were wide and honest as she said, "Would you let me buy you a meal this evening?"

Dan’s heart was about to burst out of his chest. Keeping his hands to himself became a real problem. "No, but I will go half and half with you."

She shrugged, "If you wish it that way. You know the Raven on Harvey Street?"

Dan did know it, although he’d never been inside. They agreed six thirty. For half a second, she hesitated, before adding, "Dan, it's just to talk. Understood?”

Dan had no memory of walking back to his flat. What a development. Did she really care for him? She was a married lady, living in tragic circumstances maybe, and Dan had no wish to take advantage of that. Most likely she would put him in his place.

Dressed in a dark green jacket, matching pants, and green shirt, at exactly six twenty-five, Dan pushed open the double door of the Raven and mounted the stairs up to the restaurant, where a neatly dressed waiter’s eyes lit up when Dan said he was meeting a Mrs Garson.

"Ah, Mrs Garson. Of course, sir, this way, please."

Connie, gorgeous in a pale lemon dress, was already at a table for two set in the corner where two windowed walls met. Her smile was warm without being too revealing. Dan told her that her dress looked lovely, adding, "A touch of Spring in September.”

"You are good at finding the right words," she said, waving to the waiter.

"Only this time I'm not improvising."

Her smile faded as she said, "We'll eat and then we do need a serious talk." Dan could sense the slight chill that came over her mood.

Their pork meal was delicious, and, they had one glass of Chardonnay each.

As they ate, Dan learned that Connie had a Master’s degree in drama and dramatic theory and that she’d had one or two small parts in television dramas.

Over coffee, Dan knew he had never seen that beautiful face so serious. “First let me tell you the facts of where I am now. All right?"

“You've obviously given it plenty of thought," Dan told her. Whatever hopes he had for this evening were very remote. He leaned forward to show she had all his attention.

Connie drew in a deep breath and began telling how she had not known what a speed addict her husband was, heading out almost every other night, and coming back all highly elated. Then one night not coming back at all.

Dan told her what Joe had said about the accident. She nodded gratefully, “Lovely Joe. He was such a good listener when I could talk about it.” Dan detected the crack in her voice, wanting to reach out to her. When she finally raised her head, she said, "Six months.”

"People often come out of comas," Dan said, hoping to be soothing.

Connie took a sip of coffee as she gathered her thoughts. "Months ago, the two physicians told us there was little chance of Max ever coming out of it. The trauma of the brain damage was bad enough but in Max's case - "

Her breath shuddered in her throat as she went on, " - In his case, because his heart had stopped briefly, meaning no oxygen to the brain, resultant anoxic damage added to the traumatic injury and gave little hope. The agreement of both families was essential before they could remove the life support systems.”

"And you refused?"

The corners of her mouth drooped, as she replied, "Not exactly. Max’s mother, Vera, a dear lady, asked if he was actually brain dead. Minimal areas of activity, the doctors told her.”

Connie reached out and placed her hand over his, as she said, "Oh, Dan, I loved Max, still do, I suppose, but I could not bear the idea of him living on in that state, all the paraphernalia attached to him like puppet strings. It’s hard enough now. So, I gave my permission - just to give him release."

"So how is - ?" Dan began to ask but knew the answer before Connie said, without any bitterness, "Vera refused, if any brain activity remained, she would pray.”

“You still get along with her?” Dan asked.

“She is such a dear lady. We remain friends. He is her only son, but it is a knife in my heart every time I visit. Sitting there, seeing him, only not him, with all the life support stuff. And then came the unexpected blow - "

"What was that?"

Connie's eyes were looking out of the window at the darkening skies and the city lights coming on. "A lovely evening. Could we walk by the river?"

Dan liked the romantic sound of that. Walking towards the exit, Connie made a scribbling gesture to the waiter, and he nodded. Outside, Dan asked about that, and it was good to hear her slight giggle as she admitted, “Oh, I have an account. On the slate until the end of the month."

"You sly lady."

The river reflected the early lamplight. They walked towards the two main bridges. Couples strolled hand in hand, and Dan wished they could do that, but needed to ask, "You mentioned an unexpected blow."

Her eyes fixed straight ahead, Connie said, "Oh, yes," Her pause was tantalising.

"And?"

"The unexpected blow was - you."

Her answer stopped Dan in his tracks, "Me?"

She turned and faced him, her blue eyes shining in the fading light, "I've wondered how to tell you. I’d accepted my situation. Nothing could disturb that. Then, on that stage, I turned, and you were standing there. My insides turned to jelly, and my resolve was destroyed.”

"I'm sorry," Dan said, feeling a mixture of elation and regret.

"Maybe I should have refused your request."

"You can still do that,"

She took his arm and said, "Let's walk some more. It's getting chilly."

Delighted at the warmth of her hand on his arm, Dan immediately slipped out of his jacket and placed it over her shoulders.

"Thank you. You see, it's already too late for any change."

"I'm not sure what you mean."

"I feared believing, as you often glanced in my direction."

"I must have been pretty obvious."

"I kept hoping you weren’t attracted to me."

"But I was.”

With an uncertain smile, she squeezed his arm and went on, "I had to be sure."

Dan stopped and turned her to face him, "You set it up, didn't you?"

"What?"

"That kiss. I didn't dare believe you had. But to choose Linda - "

Connie half smiled and shrugged, "Deliberately bad casting."

"Just to demonstrate. Right, my turn." And firmly but carefully he turned and forced her into a nearby arbour shrouded in ivy. There was a park bench set in there, but he stood, drew her close and kissed her with all the passion he had felt over the weeks.

Her mouth moved willingly against his, her lips parted and, so quickly, two tongues were tangling madly. Connie's hands raked up and down the back of his shirt, and Dan didn't care that his rising erection was pressed against her twisting belly, as a low moan escaped her throat.

God, he wanted her so much. His right hand slid down the glorious curve of her waist, over her hip and back up to her armpit. Without even thinking about it he allowed his hand to slip under his own jacket, and he was cupping a breast. Oh, such an exquisitely rounded breast. Her belly made much play of increasing his hardness.

Connie was making strange noises through their kiss, and suddenly she pulled her mouth to one side and buried her face in his neck. Her body jerked, and that, along with the sudden dampness on his neck told him that she was sobbing. Gently, he eased her away from him.

"Oh, I knew it would be like this." Tears were streaming down her cheeks.

"Connie. Connie. Please, sit down." She did and Dan snuggled beside her, one arm around her shoulders. "I didn't expect to make you cry."

Sara’s tear-filled eyes regarded him "But, Dan, this is the reality. I'm not a person who can have her husband lying comatose while I'm—doing - making it with another man."

Dan squeezed her hand gently, "Well, for me, that makes you a very special lady. They call it faithfulness."

"From the moment you appeared, I feared I might be tested like this."

"May I ask you a question?" Dan said.

"Of course."

"Will it make it easier for you if I stay out of your way?"

She leaned in against him, "No. No. I can't face the idea of that."

Dan nodded, "And neither can I. It would mean I'd have to stalk you."

Connie gave a slight tearful laugh and hugged into him, before her face became serious once more, "I've had a lovely evening. Could we keep it at this level?"

"This level, you mean?" Dan asked, before leaning in and placing his lips gently on hers. Connie's lips were immediately welcoming, but they each managed to keep the kiss gentle. When they broke Dan said, "I’m sure I can live with that."

"But for how long? It will be, oh, so frustrating," Connie warned.

They agreed their feelings should be kept out of the group sessions. "No favouritism," Connie smiled weakly. They agreed they could meet daytime Tuesdays, and after Connie's hospital visit on Sundays.

Limited, but as Connie pointed out, "Too much frustration could be bad for you."

So, they started their bizarre but beautiful romancing. Tuesdays, Connie would drive them out into the country. Lunch in a quaint little inn, before they walked hand in hand through a wooded area, where seclusion prompted the exchange of passionate but controlled kisses.

Sundays, after drama sessions, Dan accompanied Connie on her hospital visit and sat in the park-like grounds until she came out. One time, Dan asked if Vera knew about him.

Connie shook her head, "Vera is such a sweet lady. But might misinterpret."

That pattern continued, but their ardour needed greater control. Whenever they kissed, Dan sensed the heightened excitement in Connie. Heat seemed to emanate from her every touch.

Dan allowed his hand to slide, as it had once before, onto an incredible breast, covered by the thin material of her dress. Connie's belly continued to flex against his hardness. Then she broke the kiss. She was panting heavily, gasping, "God, Dan, I don't know." Dan felt her hand gently guiding his away from her breast.

"It's becoming heated, and faster, isn't it? How long can we—you - stand this frustration?" And saying that her hand dropped to stroke over the bulge in his pants. Now it was Dan's turn to gasp. He looked into her eyes.

"Would it help you if I handled you to some relief?" He felt her fingers tighten their grip. "That wouldn't be desertion, would it?"

Such a decision. Yet Dan was cool enough to recognise the dangers. God, he felt like a Mother Superior as he moved her hand away, and said, "Connie, remember why we have to hold back? Think about it. Next hospital visit, how would it be, if we succumbed to our feelings?"

Her lips trembled as she said, "You're right, of course." And she started to weep silently.

Dan held her head gently against his chest, his fingers riffling through her hair. "Don't upset yourself further. I'd say we’re pretty good friends. That’s some solace."

"You are so good for me." And a weak smile curled her lips as she added, "You're not a saint, are you?"

Dan hugged her, "No, I'm not. And someday you'll learn that. In the sweetest possible way, of course."

Driving back, she whispered, "When I first mentioned frustration, I was thinking of you, but didn't realise how much I'd be tested."

"But that is wonderful for me to know," he told her.

Two Sundays later, events took a massive turn. Weather uncommonly warm, Connie chose to sit outside with Dan before her visit. No complaints from him, just holding her hand and Connie snuggled into his shoulder. Perfect.

Visitors headed in and out, "Guess whether the next one out is male or female,” Connie laughingly challenged and leaned to nibble at his ear. Suddenly she sat back straight hissing, "Oh, God, there's Vera."

Dan saw a tall, lady, smart in a neatly fitted green suit, just pushing open the

hospital doors. "Did she see you?"

"I'm sure she glanced this way. I'd best go in and find out."

She scurried away, and Dan so wanted her free of this shackle. Opening the Sunday paper, he had just started to read, when a figure blocked out the sun, and a female voice said, "M. Mason?"

Surprised, Dan looked up. The tall lady in a green suit needed no introduction. He leapt to his feet.

"I'm - "

"You have to be Connie's mother-in-law."

Her head nodded, "I hope I haven't disturbed you, Mr Mason."

"Call me Dan."

"Then please call me Vera. If I may have a brief word?"

"No problem. Please sit." She sat on the bench with Dan sitting alongside. He wondered how this conversation would go, as he said, "Connie tells me that she is very fond of you."

"I respect her greatly. May I be frank, Dan."

Dan nodded, "I would expect nothing else."

Vera's face suggested uncertainty, "I must tell you, Mr - er - Dan, even though Connie told me you were friends, I was concerned about what I saw."

She looked away, and Dan asked her, "What did you see, Vera?"

"You seem much closer than just friends. Without physical contact for so long. I find it difficult to believe - "

Dan could scarcely conceal his annoyance at her assumptions, "Believe what, Vera? That the last man Connie was intimate with was your son? Is that so hard to believe?"

"I'd hoped to have an honest conversation."

"Honest? Right. And yes, we meet, we have even shared a kiss or two." Dan was struggling to keep some control, "You say you respect Connie yet cannot accept that she has remained the most loyal, most faithful of wives. I love her dearly for that very quality and hope she might feel the same for me."

Dan enjoyed seeing doubt and discomfort cross her narrow face, as he went on. "But if you cannot detect the good, the honesty that she exudes from her, then you cannot be her friend."

Dan was a little stunned by his own vehemence, and Vera’s surprised, open-mouthed look, showed that she hadn't expected it either. "Dan, I didn't think that - "

Dan knew he was releasing much of the frustration of recent weeks, as he told her, "Vera, I appreciate your distress, given your son’s cruel situation. But, when you can’t accept the surgeons’ advice, you place Connie's life in limbo, arguably worse than your son's.”

CristalBalwin
Online Now!
Lush Cams
CristalBalwin

“That’s ridiculous.”

“Is it? Max is unaware, but Connie is, so very aware - and she is hurting."

"But what can she expect?"

Dan weighed his words carefully, "Unlike yourself, she accepts she has lost her beloved husband. She needs to grieve. Max will be forever in her memory, but she deserves to get on with living."

Vera stood up slowly, so Dan followed. As they stood face to face, she said, “I appreciate your frankness and your eloquence.”

“My eloquence is courtesy of Connie’s encouragement,” he said. "I hope I didn't sound disrespectful, Vera."

"On the contrary." She held out a hand, "Thank you for being honest.”

And as Dan took her hand, she added, "It has been good meeting you.”

Dan watched her walk away, fearing what damage he might have done for Connie.

Five minutes later, Connie came hurrying towards him, her rush pressing her fine summer dress tightly against her body. He could see the anxiety on her face. "Did she come to see you? What did she say? What did you tell her?"

Dan couldn't help laughing at the desperate nature of her questioning. "First, you tell me what she said to you," Dan said, walking her towards the car park.

Connie's eyes glared at him as she replied, "What I expected. I told you she was a sweet lady. Didn't you find that?"

Dan was thinking that wasn't the way he'd have described her. "Very elegant."

"Is that all?"

"Finish your story."

"Oh, you can be - so aggravating." Starting the car, she gave him a quick smile and said, "She had seen us. Thought we looked too close but was very hesitant in asking about you."

"What did you tell her?"

"Oh, that you were an eccentric hobo that I'd picked up."

Dan squeezed her arm. "At least you were truthful."

"No, I told her of your potential for acting. Which is also true."

"For that compliment, I'll pay for the meal tonight." Dan had eaten a few times at the small cafe he had in mind and knew the food was good.

"All right," she said. "I'll let you."

Dan, feeling daring, said, "I hope some time I’ll hear you say that in a more sensuous situation."

Her quick up and under glance at him was pleasingly lascivious, but then she demanded to know what had happened in his meeting with Vera.

As soon as he began to tell her, the car swerved dangerously as she jerked and with utter astonishment said, "Did you actually do that - scold her?"

Dan shrugged, "Sort of. But let's wait until you’re not driving, or you'll have us in a ditch."

Connie reluctantly agreed, only asking, "Did she sound angry?"

"Stunned, that would be a better word," Dan replied, wondering how best to tell Connie about his exchange with Vera.

In the neat cafe, tucking into bowls of tasty pasta, he gave her as close an account as he could recall, but admitted expressing his annoyance at Vera’s implications.

A rather worried look shaded Connie's face, "Oh, Dan, I hope you haven't -"

"How much worse can it be for you?" he asked.

But the rest of their evening together lacked the fervour of previous times, and their parting kiss, while warm, could only be described as gentle.

All day Monday he worried about her response to what he had said, and on the Tuesday, standing at their usual meeting place watching time tick away past their midday deadline, he became really concerned. Then at ten minutes to one, her Audi arrived, and as he climbed in she apologised for being late. "I've been putting my house up for sale. And I have so much to tell you."

Dan was relieved that there had been no coolness in her voice. In fact, there seemed to be an unexpected excitement as she went on, "I must find a legal place to park so I can tell you."

Pulling into a nearby supermarket car park, Connie kept saying, "Oh, Dan. Oh, Dan." By the time she stopped the car her elation was tangible. More so when she flung her arms around him and planted kisses all over his face and neck, mumbling, "So much has happened. Thanks to you."

Feeling a warm gladness inside, Dan, gently eased her away and said, "You are going to let me know sometime, I suppose."

She gazed into his face, "Oh, so eloquent. That's what Vera said you had been—but I knew that already, didn't I?"

When Connie managed to begin at the beginning, Dan learned that Vera had unexpectedly turned up at her house early Monday morning. She had been awake all night, thinking about what Dan had said.

Connie hugged closely into him as she said, "Something about me being 'in limbo', was it? Dan, she's actually agreed to let Max go." Saying those words changed her demeanour momentarily and Dan saw her lips tremble.

Vera had accompanied her to meet with the two physicians and told them of their joint decision. Medical procedure was always to allow a couple of days extra thinking time, and consideration for donating the organs of the deceased. "I was amazed how eager Vera was for that. She said it would be perfect to know that Max's heart was still beating."

The switching off would take place on Thursday and both Vera and Connie had to be present. "That is going to be difficult for you both. I wish I could be with you."

Connie nodded, "I'm dreading it. It will be like losing him twice." Then her voice brightened as she told him, "My God, having made this decision has turned Vera into a human dynamo. She has an undertaker acquaintance and she has already arranged the funeral for next Tuesday."

"As early as that?" Dan commented.

"She has so many connections. When I hinted that I might sell the house now, too many memories there, Vera immediately put me onto an estate agent friend, and that's where I've been this morning. He thinks he might have an immediate buyer and showed me photos of a two bedroomed first floor flat by the river."

"Those new ones?" Dan asked.

Her face now flushed with enthusiasm, Connie nodded, "With a balcony and super views up and down the river, and available right now."

"Costly?

"Yes, but I'll still have a surplus from the house sale."

She started the car, and said, "Let’s go coastal today. Hand in hand, like young lovers. There’s something else you need to know."

Barefooted, shoes in hand, they strolled along the beach, just as Connie had decreed, and uneasily she broke the news to him. "Dan, I feel so deeply for you, and Vera told me that you mentioned the word 'love'."

"I must have been crazy," Dan said, kissing her ear.

She stopped and leaned in against him, "Then I hope you'll appreciate what I'm about to tell you."

Dan put his arms around her. Was this going to be her declaration of love? Maybe an indication of when their celibacy would be over. It was neither of those things.

Turning her face up to look into his eyes Connie said, "Dan, I'm about to enter what will be an awful week. But it has become a week that Vera and I must bear together, and not inflict our emotions on anyone."

A little disappointed Dan said, "I appreciate that, but - "

Connie held up a hand, "No 'buts', Dan. I realise that I’ll be, temporarily, shutting you out. But I need to be releasing myself for the future - hopefully with you."

"Okay, I hear you." His attempt at lightness did not match the heaviness he was beginning to feel inside. Not to see her for a full week, could he bear that?

"There's more. My brother lives north of Milan, and immediately after the funeral, I intend to fly out there to stay with him and his wife. Soak off all the grief, if you like, recharge my batteries. Oh, please, don't look like that."

Dan wasn't sure what his face was showing, but such a pall had fallen across his day. "Two weeks without seeing you. How can I exist?"

Connie kissed him softly, "It might be easier than the frustrations I've heaped on you these past weeks."

"Oh, yes," Dan said, before returning her kiss, "I hated those terrible frustrations, kissing you and all of that."

That evening Dan heard Connie tell her drama group about her changing circumstances. When she mentioned that the next session would be three Tuesdays away, there were general moans of disappointment.

This news made Dan wince. Three weeks was worse than expected. He hung back as she had requested as the evening closed, and they clung as though it was a permanent goodbye. There was even discomfort in her asking for his address so that she could send him a card from Italy. It emphasised the distance they were going to be apart

Days dragged. The Thursday of the switch-off he just couldn't stop thinking of the pain Connie would suffering. Then came the day of the funeral. They had agreed that lingering after the service would not be advisable. But it was a chance to see her, however briefly.

Connie, elegant in black, clung to him and murmured, "God, I'm going to miss you." It was all too quick, as she hastily told him that her house was sold, and that, while she was away, Vera was going to supervise the move to the new flat.

A warm kiss and he moved on to where Vera was bidding farewell to a friend. She turned her head to Dan, and, with a half-smile, she said, "So good of you to come, Dan."

Dan told her how brave she looked and accepted her appreciation of his words. Then he said, "Thank you for taking care of Connie."

Vera had looked at him with wide eyes and said, "I hope you will be good for her, Dan. She deserves that."

Too soon they were gone, and he was alone once more. Over the following days, Dan, so depressed, began to wonder whether a positive outcome was possible.

The second Tuesday without her, as a kind of salve, he went out and bought himself a little Toyota Auris with low mileage. Later he fixed himself up with a cell phone which he had never possessed. In future, he would at least be able to make more frequent contact with Connie.

Sunday dawned bright and in sheer aggravation, he drove way up into the countryside and did a round trip back down the coastline. As soon as he stepped inside the front door, he saw the small pink envelope on the doormat. Puzzled, as there was no post on a Sunday, he picked up the envelope which simply had 'Dan' written on the front. Tearing it open he found it was an invitation style card.

'Connie Garson cordially invites you to an apartment warming party to celebrate her moving into 202 Riverside Apartments 6.30 pm on Sunday 28th September. No bottles or gifts, just be there.'

At first, Dan felt a wave of elation. Then almost immediately he was wondering about the short notice. Was he just an afterthought? Hadn't he hoped that any first meeting would be just their two selves? The idea of having to be guarded in his approach to her in a party atmosphere did not appeal at all. Still, he reckoned, he had to accept that she would be excited about her new home.

Showered, shaved and liberally sprayed with the only male deodorant he possessed. 'I'm going to see Connie,' the words kept pounding through his head. He dressed in the green outfit he'd worn for their first meal together. Okay, it was going to be hectic, but maybe later, Connie would make the crowds disappear, and then - oh, and then—

At precisely six twenty-five he had no difficulty in finding number 202, which was the second door along on his left. Dan took in a deep breath and pressed the bell, trying to hear if there was any kind of party noise. Probably well insulated.

The door opened and, in a small entrance area with a second door half open behind her stood Connie, looking ravishing in an off one shoulder gown, pale green, and the thin material clung to every inch of her as it reached her ankles. The bare shoulder was incredibly tanned, as was her face, which was highlighted by her fair hair. Ah, that face, that lovely face. Dan found himself transfixed, rendered immobile by the sheer beauty of her

He began to recover his senses as Connie reached out her hands and laughed, "Are you going to stop gawping and come inside?"

"I've dreamed about seeing you again," Dan sighed, as he stepped towards her and closed the door behind him. "But seeing you looking like some unobtainable angel is beyond any dream I've ever had."

"Always so good with the words, but 'unattainable'?" Connie sighed as she moved in close to him. Once again time stopped as their arms went around each other, and Dan clutched her even closer. "Is it safe to kiss you now?" he asked, his mind on who might be beyond the half-open door.

"Definitely not," she said, with a strange firmness in her voice. "It will never be safe for you to kiss me again."

For just a second Dan's eyes glanced towards the door behind her, "I'm not the first one here, am I?"

"Yes, you are. You're also the last one here. In fact, you are the party. The only party I'll ever want and if you don't kiss me soon, I'll scream."

Their lips collided in so familiar mode, tongues meeting like old friends, and so agitated in the meeting. That first kiss carried so much desperation, so much adoration, so much desire as they ground their bodies against each other.

Dan's eagerness had pushed Connie back against the inner door, and she staggered as it opened wider, breaking their kiss. Still hugged in close to him, Connie said, "I just got home yesterday lunchtime, ached to see you, but had so much to prepare for this night."

Dan switched on his Mr Casual look, "Oh, is something happening on this night?" And he began kissing along her tanned bare shoulder.

"Well," he heard Connie murmur, "there's food, in the heated cabinet. How hungry are you? Or there's me. How hungry are you?"

Dan's lips savoured her bare shoulder and the side of her neck. "I'm fascinated by this amazing tan you've acquired.” He raised his head, “Are there any white bits?"

"You might have to search thoroughly," she whispered, gazing into his eyes, and Dan detected her quickening breath as she asked, "Would you rather search than eat?"

"You mean, this gown comes off?"

"Very easily." Her hands had slipped over his shoulders and pushed off his jacket. "You are overdressed anyway."

Then they were clasped together again, lips devouring, tongues wrestling. Dan recalled the last time they had kissed so passionately. She had allowed his hand to rest briefly on her breast. But then she had been a married woman.

Now?

Gently he eased her back so that his right hand could slide over her thinly clad, bra-less breast. He longed to know the skin texture of her wondrous roundness. He heard the growling rumble in her throat as she rolled her belly against his throbbing erection, while her right hand twitched on his hip bone, waiting, vulture-like to grab at his solid cock as soon as their bodies came apart.

His left hand trailed down her spine until it touched the rim of her gown and the zip that lodged there. Slowly, he guided the zip downwards, and as the gown parted, the free fingers of that hand traced over the delicate smoothness of her skin, until, when the zip completed its descent, those fingers were fluttering in the crevice of her buttocks.

Connie broke the kiss, looked up at him, her eyes clouded with passion, as she flexed her shoulder to release the gown. Dan had to move his hand from her breast to allow the gown to drop away completely. As Connie stepped out of it, Dan returned his hand to the exotic smoothness he so desired. At the same time, while his mouth traced once again over the delightful smoothness of her shoulder, his left hand continued to wriggle down and into the tight crevice of her buttocks.

Connie's head threw back as she moaned softly, "Take, Dan. You've waited so patiently. Take whatever you want." Blue eyes met his again as she added, "But please, let me give."

Saying that her hand slid over the bulge in his pants, and it was Dan's turn to groan with the pleasure of it, as she squeezed and probed the thin fabric of his pants. Dan's hands began to sweep up and down over the wonderful skin of her whole body, breast, hips, waist, belly, buttocks and thigh. He could just not get enough of her and became more inflamed in finding there were no panties to impede his progress.

As her fingers fumbled at his belt, she hissed, "See, I was all ready for you." She pulled at the pants and boxer shorts, which had to be freed from his raging erection. "Oh, God, Dan, I have so waited for this." Her fingers closed tightly around his cock. "But we aren't going to do it standing up, are we?"

"I would do it any way you want it. But wait - " And he held her out at arms-length his eyes touring up and down her body. "I intended to find white bits—they're in short supply."

To his surprise, her breasts were almost as tanned as her shoulders and the rest of her, apart for a very thin strip across her fair pubes.

Dan held her while his eyes absorbed the sheer wonder of her naked body. "I thought you might have a blemish somewhere. Nobody is that perfect."

Laughing, she grabbed his hand and pulled him towards one of the doors, "Come on," she said, "this body craves exclusive release."

Dan allowed her to lead him into the bedroom, dimly lit by a solitary bedside lamp. A delicate orange seemed to be the order, duvet, curtains and painted walls were all a gentle shade. Even the perfumed air held a suggestion of orange. The door on the right had to lead to an en-suite.

Dan moved in close behind Connie, enjoying the subtle touching of skins as he whispered in her ear, "After waiting so long, we could dive at each other like ravening beasts."

"We could," she replied, tilting her head back to plant a kiss on his neck.

"But let’s find each other leisurely, savour every touch, every kiss - nice and slow. I believe the result could be even more spectacular."

"We can try for that, " she said, as they settled on the bed. Dan leaned over her, his lips searching for hers, his left arm behind her head, his right hand patrolling slowly down to her hip.

Their kiss was gentle, their tongues cautiously touching. Connie's hands stole smoothly over his shoulders, chest, and back, setting Dan’s skin alight. Everything was just as they had decided, slow and easy.

That was until, almost telepathically, her hand stroked over his pounding shaft, at the same moment as Dan allowed his fingers to slide up along her inner thigh, and ease into her soaked crease.

Instantly, she grunted a desperate, "Oh, Dan," as her fingers gripped and pulled at his hardness. Dan was totally ready, believing that his cock was not far from spouting forth. He raised his body to lie between her trembling thighs as Connie heaved his cock head up to her moist entry, and without further thought, his anxious rod was making one powerful journey into this lady he had waited for, all his life, it seemed.

"Marvellous," Connie cried out, as Dan felt himself strike against her cervix. So deep, so eager were they. Connie's inner walls seemed to be chewing on his pounding cock as he drew back to make a second plunge, and her hips heaved upwards to meet him.

Seconds of wild exertions and Dan recognised the familiar, powerful urethral surge. Desperate not to leave Connie in mid-air, he knew it was all too late, and revelling in the delicious sucking sensations inside Connie's channel, he surrendered to giving rapid, deep thrusts to expel his long-stored seed to mix with Connie's juices.

Happily, after so long, his ejaculation unexpectedly went on and on. Connie gave a violent lift of her hips and squealed in what might have been agony, but he gladly knew it was quite the opposite, as she continued to groan, gasp and pound her body up at him. Trying to kiss her was pointless, as her head twisted from side to side.

At last, sated, the hunger of their long wait abated, they lay, glued together by their perspiration. "Was that slow and leisurely?" Connie said with a sighing giggle.

"I think we failed miserably."

"But beautifully—oh, I'm so happy. All my planning worked so well."

"Planning?" Dan sat up and looked down into her lovely face, even more, lovely now that he had possessed her.

"Oh, yes, I deliberately kept my return from you, and the invitation card was printed before I went away. I knew it could only be delivered today, otherwise, you'd have known I was back."

"What would you have done if I hadn't come home when I did?"

She reached up to kiss him, "Yes, you've got yourself a little car. I'd have thought of some way to get you into my bed. Oh, Dan, I so needed that break, and I think we've just reaped the benefit."

For a few minutes they kissed and gently touched, until, at last, Connie slid from the bed, and declared, "I'll go and clean up before setting up your meal. You might want to get a shower, and there's a brand new robe behind the door in the en-suite there."

Dan watched, fascinated, as her naked body slowly disappeared under a diaphanous robe. As she went out, she turned and held the robe wide apart, gesturing down at her marvellously proportioned body, "Are you finished with this for the day?"

Dan put on an uncertain face and said, "Oh, I might play with it later on - if I'm in the mood."

Connie chuckled as she went out, "Such terrible acting."

"I'm just a learner," he called after her.

Out of sight, she called back, “Not in bed, you’re not.”

That delighted him and later, as they finished the amazing chicken meal she had prepared, there Connie surprised him with the news about her agent. “On my say-so, he's keen to sign you up. You may start with a few small parts, and you never know.

Dan thanked her, before joking, "Do I really have such small parts?"

She laughed, shrugged and said, "By the time I've worked on you, they'll be tiny."

For Dan, this was perfection, and worth all the weeks of waiting. Then Connie declared, "I'll have my shower now, and then there's the dessert."

Luxuriating in the wonder of her, Dan just sat. Faintly he could hear the shower running. Joining her might be fun. Maybe later. Clearing the table, Dan left the place settings for any dessert. No sounds from the shower now. Why the delay? For sure, she wouldn't be dressing.

Curious, he pushed open the bedroom door, and, once more, Connie took his breath away. Naked, she lay propped against pillows, legs slightly parted, revealing, a delicate pouting labia. Connie's smile was so lascivious, as she said, "I'm the dessert," that Dan felt an immediate twitch in his semi-erect cock. Climbing onto the bed he said, "I hope it's to my taste."

"I'm sure it will be."

Starting at her feet, Dan, very slowly, moved his lips and hands up the insides of her thighs. Connie's breathing quickened as she grunted, "Best be careful I have a very short fuse down there."

Dan traced one finger was along the groove of her slit. No pressing, no insertion into the wetlands that, he knew, lay beyond. Now his tongue travelled up her inside thigh, just the tip, licking and tickling as he moved closer to his goal. Was it deliberate or a spasm as her thighs parted further?

Whatever the reason, the fingers of his right hand could now slide in to seek her clitoris, while the left fingers probed towards her entry. On impulse, Dan diverted further left and under her to touch the tightness of her anus.

A choking “Oh," escaped Connie's lips, and Dan saw that her eyes were closed, as her mouth twisted in ecstasy. Another grunt of pleasure and one of her hands rifled through his hair as his lips and tongue moved up to replace his fingers. While his tongue began lavishing through the musky, wetness, Dan slid his hands up and along her hips and waist to settle one over each breast.

"Oh, God, it's too much." she sighed.

Dan lifted his mouth for a second to mutter, "Such lovely dessert, all honey, and cream." And he licked once more into that subtle creaminess, loving every sensation as he sensed the joy he was giving her.

Tonguing along the fleshy groove he encountered her already erect clit, where his tongue circled, and his lips enclosed until her hands grabbed around his head and pulled him away.

"God, Dan, that is so good, but I need my dessert."

Dan eased back and sat with his legs parted. His intimate attention to Connie had brought his erection to full proportion. Connie's parted lips and the direction of her eyes told him exactly what her intentions were now. As her head lowered, he put out a hand to stop her. "Connie, you don't have to."

Dan knew he could easily lie and enjoy her intended ministrations, but that would leave her short of a thrill. Carefully he eased her back, “I still think we need to advance in harmony.”

Her face showed some disappointment, but she smiled and said, "Maybe you're right. But I would have enjoyed a stick of rock for dessert.”

Putting both hands on his shoulders, she pushed him to lie back and moved to straddle his lower body.

"You taking over completely?" Dan asked. He had so much more to learn about this lively lady.

"Yep, I’m taking you for a ride," she said huskily, and, lifting her body slightly she held his hard cock and lowered herself slowly onto it. God, that glide into her inner depths at her pace was pure magic for Dan.

Echoing his thoughts Connie gasped, "Aah, that is pure heaven. You are now on course to formally skewer me."

She leaned forward, their lips and tongues came together, and the warm wetness well matched the mingling at their groin. Connie sat up, leaning further back and her hips and vaginal muscles pulsed on his cock. Locked in the thrall of her, Dan heaved his hips up to meet each push from her body, as they reached a mutual rhythm. He was very aware that such rhythm, given what had gone before, was drawing him ever closer to a climax.

Once again their psychic connection seemed to prevail, as she leaned her face close to his, her hips flexing wildly, and she grunted, breathlessly, "Dan, oh Dan, I'm so - " She stopped and a strange high pitched squeak escaped her lips, "Oh, I want - "

Having her face to face was just perfect to execute his intended manoeuvre. He placed his hands on her shoulders forcing her sideways but twisting with her so that he ended up on top of her. As the roll was completed, he gave a huge thrust up into her aiming to touch her very heart.

Connie's voice croaked, "Oh, God, yes -"

Their mouths mingled briefly but then her head was tossing as wild bird cries burst from her throat and Dan knew she was away. One more rampant, near violent, thrust into the depths of her, and he was pouring his seed into her as they twitched together in the wild ecstasy of the moment.

Dan lay panting on top of her, and fearing he was hurting her he began to ease sideways. "No, stay, stay. I want to be crushed under you forever."

Vaguely, he was aware of a gentle twitch inside her as though in a vain attempt to retain his diminishing cock, as it began to slide out of her. "I want him to stay," Connie sighed, and now she wriggled out from under him, her breath only just returning to normal.

"He'll be back, " Dan chuckled.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"We do need a lot more practice."

"It wasn't very good?"

"So much more practice. Years and years of it."

"I think I can manage that," Dan said, gladness filling his mind.

They lay quietly for minutes, and Dan was sure the only sounds were the slowing thud of two happy hearts. He knew they were both bathing in the prospects of what lay ahead of them. Connie's next words just about proved that.

She turned to move her body against him, skin slid on skin, "Would you move in with me?"

Elated, Dan sat up and leaned over her, "That sounds even more exciting." He glanced down and added, "In fact, it's so exciting that something has just come up, and I'd like to use him to show my thanks."

With a most wicked grin, Connie lay back, her thighs parted, and she showed she'd remembered the lines when he'd offered to pay for their second meal. Dan had waited so patiently to hear her say them in exactly this sensuous context. "All right. I'll let you.”

Published 
Written by redwriter34
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments