How to allow popup windows on Lush Stories
Our chat system uses a popup window to host the chat conversation. This will not work correctly if you have blocked popups
using your Web browser, a browser toolbar, or another Internet security tool. The instructions below will help you enable
popups on the most popular browsers. If you need any further help, please contact us.
If you are using Internet Explorer
- Go to the Tools menu.
- Select Pop-up Blocker. (If this isn't listed, you have a third-party popup blocker. See below.)
- Click Pop-up Blocker Settings.
- In the Pop-up Blocker Settings window, type lushstories.com as the "Address of Web site to allow" and click the Add button.
- Close the Pop-up Blocker Settings window and all Internet Explorer windows.
When you reopen Internet Explorer, you should be able to receive chat requests from other members.
If you are using Firefox
- On Windows, open the Options dialog under the Tools menu. On Macintosh, open the Preferences dialog under the Firefox menu.
- Click the Web Features icon on the left.
- Here you should see a checkmark next to the option to block popup windows. Click the Allowed Sites button to the right of it.
- Type lushstories.com as the "address of web site," then click the Allow button.
- Click OK in the Allowed Sites screen, then click OK again for the Options/Preferences screen.
If you are using Safari
- Open the Safari menu.
- Here you should see the Block Pop-up Windows option checked. Click to uncheck.
Third-party popup blockers
There are many third-party popup blockers that could be affecting your ability to use Lush Stories. The basic steps are:
- Determine what popup blocker you are using
- Find its list of allowed sites and add lushstories.com
Instructions for some of the most common popup blockers can be found at the links below.