Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Connecticut town gathering, destroying violent games Options · View
TheCrimsonKing
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2013 4:56:11 AM

bs

that's all I have to say
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 1:27:43 PM

Games that have the kill kill kill element to them are pretty weird though. Then you have those criminal mindset games like grand theft auto and such.dontknow I'm not shocked at all, back in the day even Dungeons and Dragons got a bad rap.
MoonlightSerenity
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:29:18 PM

Garza wrote:
Sounds like a group of neo Nazis holding book burnings.
not much difference.

That being said where are these gift certificates too? if your giving 60$ to best buy to destroy violent games I got about 100 old ones and I'd like to update my game library. 10year old extra copy of doom? Yes I believe I'll let them burn that and I'll go buy the brand new remastered hd doom trilogy. TEH LULZ.
Sorry environment, that's to good to pass up, can I report this group to the EPA when I have my new games and we can have a good ol' polluter burning? you get a tree for each "community group" nutjob you bring to burn. now that's something I could get behind.

I believe it was about 20$ they were giving out.

NAO!!! Don't burn doom! I'll make sure it gets a good home..... Fugly

Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
ByronLord
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:17:48 PM

tender_cowboy wrote:
I am glad most people do not abuse their second amendment rights the was ByronLord abuses his first amendment rights. Calling some one stupid that disagrees with your narrow point of view say a lot about your state of mind. If the European countries are so great.........

When I lived in Europe we had US gun nuts telling us how they thought we should live in our country, I am merely returning the favor. And I use the term with accuracy, one of those Internet gun nuts was a man called Timothy McVeigh. He murdered almost 200 people.

If you are accusing someone of abusing their first amendment rights then surely you have some specifics?

The history of the second amendment is hardly a glorious one. It had absolutely nothing to do with freedom. Do you know what a STATE Militia was or why the state of Virginia insisted on maintaining them as a condition of ratifying the constitution.

The state militias were slave patrols that were necessary to put down slave rebellions. Without the police state there could be no slavery.

The purpose of the second amendment was to preserve slavery, not liberty.

ByronLord
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:17:49 PM

tender_cowboy wrote:
I am glad most people do not abuse their second amendment rights the was ByronLord abuses his first amendment rights. Calling some one stupid that disagrees with your narrow point of view say a lot about your state of mind. If the European countries are so great.........

When I lived in Europe we had US gun nuts telling us how they thought we should live in our country, I am merely returning the favor. And I use the term with accuracy, one of those Internet gun nuts was a man called Timothy McVeigh. He murdered almost 200 people.

If you are accusing someone of abusing their first amendment rights then surely you have some specifics?

The history of the second amendment is hardly a glorious one. It had absolutely nothing to do with freedom. Do you know what a STATE Militia was or why the state of Virginia insisted on maintaining them as a condition of ratifying the constitution.

The state militias were slave patrols that were necessary to put down slave rebellions. Without the police state there could be no slavery.

The purpose of the second amendment was to preserve slavery, not liberty.

ChrisX
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 4:03:55 AM

The people in the article should learn the difference between cause and (probably minor) contributing factors.