Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Change in Lush culture Options · View
ByronLord
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:50:20 AM

Its an easy enough mistake to make. After all, I only found the following in the local DNS forwarder last week:

facebook.com. CNAME lushstories.com
www.facebook.com CNAME www.lushstories.com

ByronLord
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:51:41 AM

Hugecock69 wrote:
Wow what great insights you have, your wisdom has totally made me want to restructure my life. Hey dumbass I read stories by all sorts of authors on this site, some of them not even girls I want to cyber with. I don't talk to the guys bitching about a lack of girls, but when 8 different guys are creating rooms looking for horny ladies because the only women are in the chatroom are either looking for women or not looking to chat, I'm able to put 2 and 2 together to get what they're feeling (please don't hurt yourself trying to figure out the math, 2 and 2 is an expression, it makes 4 if it was giving you a headache). And as a final point I had multiple friends on this site who I never cybered with, including men which I certainly had no interest in cybering with

Nah, I think it is more to do with the fact that the women coming to the site looking to cyber can find more interesting people to hook with.

I have a simple formula, if a girl doesn't have anything interesting in her profile and no stories and all she says in the chat rooms is 'who wants to cyber' then she probably isn't going to be much fun. I suspect most of the women come to the same conclusion.

After all, does anyone get excited by 'cyber' like this:

Huggy-Cock: I want u
Slapper-Sal: I want u 2
Huggy-Cock: Strokes my cock
Slapper-Sal: Deep throats you
Huggy-Cock: Slides into your cunt
Huggy-Cock: Cums in your ass.

Seems to me that you run out of orifices rather quickly that way. And not wanting to be rude, your style of writing does not suggest to me that you are capable of more. Online it is not the size of your cock that matters but the size of your brain. And lets face it Mr Huge, the way you write suggests that the blood flow demands of your huge member is starving your brain of the necessary oxygen.

ByronLord
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:00:51 AM

Hugecock69 wrote:
I have no issue at all saying that I love to read the stories here, I'll grant that many of the writers are talented at what they do, writing erotic literature, But in my opinion, MY opinion, MINE, MINE, MINE, that does not make someone a real writer. to the small MINORITY of people that write outside of lush and erotica, you are real. but writing erotic stories online doesn't make you a real writer to me.

Well I don't much care what you think and I certainly don't much care about living up to your standards for being a 'writer' when your posts seem barely literate.

ByronLord
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:09:14 AM

NymphWriter wrote:

Are you FUCKING kidding me?!? cussing

[size=6]So then, you don't consider E.L. James a real writer?

Umm nope. The story is pretty crap to be honest. I gave up in the middle of book 2 when I realized that they never were going to use that red room of pain properly. And that inner goddess of hers is going to be suing for a share of the royalties.

I mean its ok, but nothing like as good as the classics like the Story of O.

Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:30:47 AM

I still firmly believe that the term "Writer" can be used to describe everyone who has written anything, by all means prefix such statements as "good" "published" "best selling" or whatever term you may wish to add, for me that is an important point to make.

I say Clum is a writer...
I say Byronlord is a writer...

I agree you may not state "Writer" on your passport, but you do still write,and in my view you are a writer.

clum
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:45:12 AM

orangefox444 wrote:
I still firmly believe that the term "Writer" can be used to describe everyone who has written anything, by all means prefix such statements as "good" "published" "best selling" or whatever term you may wish to add, for me that is an important point to make.

He did prefix it with "real", I suppose.

She Just Wants To Be

Third place entry in the Toy With Me competition.
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:00:02 AM

I consider anyone who puts into text (in any format) their thoughts, a "writer", as long as it isn't just chatting or "correspondence". Now there are good writers, and BAD ones. LOL Oh that is a given. And I have picked up more than my share of books and got a few chapters into them and thought "who actually enjoys this crap?"..... but obviously SOMEONE does/did, because the books were selling and on the shelves. The same can be said for movies, songs, painters, etc. I don't consider them "real" or "not real" by virtue of their talent or my liking their work or not. Nor do I base my views on the public view or opinions. There is a LOT of popular CRAP out there. ;)
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:25:07 AM

clum wrote:

He did prefix it with "real", I suppose.

Indeed, and perhaps it was this prefix that caused the greatest consternation within the whole thread.

Nevertheless, you have written a story so you (in my book) are a writer...that is all I was attempting to convey, semantics perhaps?

My 2 cents (or two pennies as I'm from the UK)
clum
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:29:06 AM

orangefox444 wrote:
Indeed, and perhaps it was this prefix that caused the greatest consternation within the whole thread.

Nevertheless, you have written a story so you (in my book) are a writer...that is all I was attempting to convey, semantics perhaps?

My 2 cents (or two pennies as I'm from the UK)

I was just being a pedant. Writers are like that sometimes. evil4

She Just Wants To Be

Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:29:38 AM

Ok many, many wrong opinions out there. I am not a child and I did not make the thread to get attention, I did it to see if anyone else had noticed the changes that I have seen. I have talked to some who agree, but they did not post on here, it was only the "writers". So go ahead and stop commenting, I really don't care. I do not have a crush on some writer who won't cyber with me, I do not develop crushes on people who I've never met on a sex website, if people are developing real crushes I'd say that's a little bit sad. If you're gonna post read the full thing, I'm sick of the same question. I JOIN WHEN I AM ON SCHOOL BREAKS, THAT'S WHY I HAVE JOINED AND REJOINED. I couldn't consider James to be any less of a writer, and eventually her works will stop making money. Also I'd love to understand this more, how are my posts barely literate?
clum
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:34:17 AM

Hugecock69, this thread doesn't really concern you any more. You seem to have said all you have to say, about five times. We get it: Blah, blah, no one to cyber with, blah, "writers", blah, blah, school break, blah, blah, no one to cyber with.

She Just Wants To Be

Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:43:05 AM

Hugecock69 wrote:
Ok many, many wrong opinions out there. I am not a child and I did not make the thread to get attention, I did it to see if anyone else had noticed the changes that I have seen. I have talked to some who agree, but they did not post on here, it was only the "writers". So go ahead and stop commenting, I really don't care. I do not have a crush on some writer who won't cyber with me, I do not develop crushes on people who I've never met on a sex website, if people are developing real crushes I'd say that's a little bit sad. If you're gonna post read the full thing, I'm sick of the same question. I JOIN WHEN I AM ON SCHOOL BREAKS, THAT'S WHY I HAVE JOINED AND REJOINED. I couldn't consider James to be any less of a writer, and eventually her works will stop making money. Also I'd love to understand this more, how are my posts barely literate?

You come across as very young, or immature at least. You also come across as angry and defensive, while provoking the very responses you got. I personally don't care if anyone has talked to you and agreed with you. And the reason is, is that you can ALWAYS find a few people to agree with ANYONE on ANYTHING. That does not make the views or statements accurate or close to being correct.

Now please don't take my post as an attack or me being angry, or even not liking you. It is none of that. You simply don't register on my emotion meter, I have far more important things to get worked up over. That does not mean YOU are not important or are by default worthless..... you are not. I am sure you have friends and family that love you dearly. But it would be rather foolish and blind, to not see exactly what happened in this thread and why. You came in with guns blazing and insulted not only the forum, but its members.... and no, not JUST "writers". You viewed things in a very narrow and misguided viewpoint and then made general statements that don't reflect reality... here or "out there".

You also have to understand that you started the ball rolling, and have done NOTHING to slow it down. In fact, you keep PUSHING it. LOL Might I suggest you simply let it go? You can't put a pot of water on and turn up the heat, and KEEP turning up the heat, and then when it boils want to instantly have ice cubes. Heck after you remove the water from the heat source it will STILL be hot for a while. So stop adding more heat. Let things cool down.... trust me... they WILL. LOL
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:43:16 AM

It's still my thread buddy. I had to say the school break thing because someone else asked the same question about me having multiple accounts, clearly they didn't read the previous posts. I started the thread, I'll say what I want on it.
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:48:05 AM

Hugecock69 wrote:
It's still my thread buddy. I had to say the school break thing because someone else asked the same question about me having multiple accounts, clearly they didn't read the previous posts. I started the thread, I'll say what I want on it.

I know that was not in response to me... but.... LOL Really? You think you have "ownership" of a thread because you created it? And THAT is the reason you are acting the fool? It is YOURS, and damn anyone trying to tell you what to do in/with it? LOL

Moderators? Can we LOCK this thread? Pray
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:50:25 AM

I came in with guns blazing because this site sucks now. I enjoy reading the authors on this site very much, I enjoy the stories. But since coming back a lot more people are far more bitchy than the used to be. Yeah tell me to leave it's no loss I get it, whatever. But I don't wish to leave because I do enjoy parts of the site, I still hold out hope that it can one day return to the great site it used to be, or at least move a little closer to that.
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:52:09 AM

JohnC wrote:

I know that was not in response to me... but.... LOL Really? You think you have "ownership" of a thread because you created it? And THAT is the reason you are acting the fool? It is YOURS, and damn anyone trying to tell you what to do in/with it? LOL

You fail to appreciate comedy when it's right in front of you, Mr. JohnC. Lwinking
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:52:14 AM

No I don't feel like that at all, but anyone is allowed to post, including me, so it does concern me, or anyone who wishes to share their opinion for that matter
sprite
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:58:31 AM

hi, my name is sprite and i am a "faux writer". why, you ask? i write fuck stories. oh, i've published one (lush anathology) and i've written non-erotica (the blue site as well as some unpublished works), but i'm not a "real writer". i'm ok with that. i don't do cyber chat, either. i did when i joined, just because, well, it was fun for about 2 weeks. it's fun, btw, if the person you're cyber chatting with as a good grasp of how to take words and put them together in an erotic manner. a great writer makes a great cyber chat partner. i do have erotic sessions with one person here. she could be a great writer if she chose to be. but, apparently, not a 'real writer'. anyways, i am going to keep writing cause i like that my silly little fuck stories are actually enjoyed here - i am giving people something, something they enjoy reading, and that's ok. i don't need to be a real writer.

i also don't need to cyber. it's not my thing, just having sex talks with random people while getting off in my living room. i'd much rather have meaningful conversations with people i care about and yes, some of those are sex talks, but it's different when you have a connection with someone. maybe, if i was a guy, i'd get it better - seems the guys (don't take this wrong, guys) make up a large part of the 'i want cyber' population here. i know i get hit on whenever i am visible by a lot of guys asking for just that. i always turn them down, tho. usually i am nice about it. to me, tho, Lush was ALWAYS about the stories.

i joined because i found some amazing tales here by brilliant writers (dancing doll and Jaymal were actually the pair who drew me to this site after reading their works). Lush is what you want it to be for you. i have a hard time believing that, with like 5 billion members now, you can't find anyone to cyber with you. maybe you're going about it wrong? anyways, best of luck to you. :)

Live, love, laugh.
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:59:51 AM

LadyX wrote:

You fail to appreciate comedy when it's right in front of you, Mr. JohnC. Lwinking

LOL Oh I see it. But I am also at the point of almost feeling sorry for him. And he went and insulted the forums AGAIN. LOL

Hell, he can LEAVE and find a forum or group that is more to his liking. Everyone/anyone can. Hell, I have done that concerning car forums online.... join a forum, find out I didn't like the people, the vibe, the interactions, etc. and I LEFT. I went and found a forum that I DID like. But I certainly didn't piss all over the place and do everything in my power to upset the memberships before I left. I JUST LEFT. LOL

Maybe he is just lonely? Maybe he just wants attention? I don't know.... but clearly even comedic value has it's limits. LOL clown
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:07:08 AM

JohnC wrote:

LOL Oh I see it. But I am also at the point of almost feeling sorry for him. And he went and insulted the forums AGAIN. LOL

Hell, he can LEAVE and find a forum or group that is more to his liking. Everyone/anyone can. Hell, I have done that concerning car forums online.... join a forum, find out I didn't like the people, the vibe, the interactions, etc. and I LEFT. I went and found a forum that I DID like. But I certainly didn't piss all over the place and do everything in my power to upset the memberships before I left. I JUST LEFT. LOL

Maybe he is just lonely? Maybe he just wants attention? I don't know.... but clearly even comedic value has it's limits. LOL clown

All good points, my gloved friend.

But he's a big boy. He'll either decide not to be forum fodder eventually, or we'll find out he gets off on it.
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:10:27 AM

LadyX wrote:

All good points, my gloved friend.

But he's a big boy. He'll either decide not to be forum fodder eventually, or we'll find out he gets off on it.

LOL Indeed........
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:14:02 AM

I would leave but I'm waiting to see if like-minded people show up. Some of the writers on here are very talented at what they do, write erotic novels. I'd say that's limited and I don't consider erotic story writers to be great writers, maybe some have talent outside the site, I don't know and I'm not going to spend my time finding out. I'm not lonely, I don;t need attention, I don;t get off on this. I asked a question about the culture, very few answered, others chose to go in a different direction.
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:20:47 AM

Hugecock69 wrote:
I would leave but I'm waiting to see if like-minded people show up. Some of the writers on here are very talented at what they do, write erotic novels. I'd say that's limited and I don't consider erotic story writers to be great writers, maybe some have talent outside the site, I don't know and I'm not going to spend my time finding out. I'm not lonely, I don;t need attention, I don;t get off on this. I asked a question about the culture, very few answered, others chose to go in a different direction.

Are you retarded? LOL You did it AGAIN! laughing3

I think you might want to schedule an MRI or something.

LadyX..... ignore my previous comments. This is just a gift that keeps on giving! occasion1
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:21:50 AM

What?
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:23:48 AM

Hugecock69 wrote:
What?

EXACTLY!!!! hello1

These are not the droids you are looking for... move along..... wave
Magical_felix
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:24:07 AM

Hugecock69 wrote:
What?

Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

overmykneenow
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:24:14 AM

JohnC wrote:

DON'T ANYONE DARE LOCK THIS THREAD!

I'm going to make an attempt to actually answer this despite all that's gone on. I'm going to ignore the "real" writer stuff and just give my view on the change of culture thing.

1. Change in culture in chat rooms

I left lush for a couple of months last year when I came back I did notice things were different, largely in chat and on profiles. Chat had gone from basic chat to become a lot more focused on pic and gif posting. This had also transferred over to profiles where a lot more pics and gifs were being added. These days my profile comments completely update in about two weeks - I have friends whose profile comment completely change in just two days! I would say that is the most noticeable shift in behaviour amongst users.

2. Gold membership

While Lush calls itself a social network a more precise description would be that it's an online community. As that, the culture is determined by the people who use it most. Forums will be dominated by writers because they know it's a good way to get noticed and to get people to read their stories. Where opinions clash, this will inevitably lead to alliances and disputes, and like it or not people will end up occupying cliques (most of the time they don't even know it). The Gold membership didn't create an elitist clique, but those members who have the most to say, have the most support, and generally contribute most to the site also tend to be gold members.

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
DirtyMartini
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:25:50 AM

LadyX wrote:

You tell him Xuani...we could sell tickets to this sort of thing...and people be lining up...coffee

You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

Magical_felix
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:27:21 AM

overmykneenow wrote:

Where opinions clash, this will inevitably lead to alliances and disputes.

And also some members getting way butthurt. laughing8

Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:29:13 AM

Magical_felix wrote:

And also some members getting way butthurt. laughing8

What do you mean by butthurt?