Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Questions to start a conversation Options · View
Posted: Saturday, March 9, 2013 2:27:54 AM

So what are the best questions to start up a conversation on here, i am guessing people are sick of hearing the usual like, do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? what do you do for a living ect.
CurlyGirly
Posted: Saturday, March 9, 2013 5:52:46 AM

For me, it varies from person to person. I usually look at the person's profile and see if we have something in common or something that seems interesting to me.

"I see you like Wally Lamb. I just finished reading his latest book. Did you get a chance to read it?"
"I love Foo Fighters, too! Did you ever see them in concert?"
"Wow, your cock fits inside a toilet paper tube. Do you do that often?" evil4

If all else fails
What do you like to do on Lush? Do you play in the forums? How are the chatrooms? What's your favorite story category?

Last but not least, there are always huge bonus points for asking authors about their stories. They've worked hard on them and they like to discuss them.

Good luck! thumbup
Posted: Saturday, March 9, 2013 6:15:52 AM

CurlyGirly wrote:
For me, it varies from person to person. I usually look at the person's profile and see if we have something in common or something that seems interesting to me.

"I see you like Wally Lamb. I just finished reading his latest book. Did you get a chance to read it?"
"I love Foo Fighters, too! Did you ever see them in concert?"
"Wow, your cock fits inside a toilet paper tube. Do you do that often?" evil4

If all else fails
What do you like to do on Lush? Do you play in the forums? How are the chatrooms? What's your favorite story category?

Last but not least, there are always huge bonus points for asking authors about their stories. They've worked hard on them and they like to discuss them.

Good luck! thumbup

I agree. I find forums to be very similar to real life in how I approach people. But honestly here, there is usually more to draw from to form the first interaction.

Avatars are a great item to use for first questions, more so if they are interesting or unusual. Asking the person why they chose it, if it is them (but don't leave it at that... that in itself is pretty common too), etc.

PROFILES! USE THEM! thumbup Just like in the "real world" you can find out great things about people and things that interest them. And even if it does not interest YOU, you can ask them why it does for them. People like to be asked questions that require more than a yes or no answer and that might not be your normal "pick up lines". So I would just approach it like that. Don't try to be slick, sexy, etc. just be INTERESTED. The rest will come later if there is a genuine attraction (physically or mentally).

POSTS! Use a post they made as a springboard for conversation. Quote them and send it in a PM and tell them what you thought about it, or ask questions about it. Trust me, a good many (if not most) answers on the forum (or even questions) are not simply made... they mean something. So use them.

And leave the fuck/pass threads alone as a place to look for interest. They can be fun, and they are flirtatious, but the real meat and potatoes IMO are in the "Ask the person below you a question", "Agree/disagree", "This or that", and similar threads.

I have made some wonderful friends here. And they have almost all come from the types of interactions I just mentioned. And if you read the threads, you get an idea about the person in general, more so when combining their answers from different types of threads.

Good luck, and HAVE FUN! wave
simplyjohn
Posted: Saturday, March 9, 2013 7:33:40 AM

I use several well tested and successful lines, e.g.

OMG that avatar is awful .. cant you find something else
Hello .. are you stinking rich by any chance?
What car do you drive?
If I buy you a half of lager and a packet of crisps will you drop em for me?
lets skip the crap ... wanna private?

and 1000's more.