Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

member's username's Options · View
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:18:37 PM

Do you find some members usernames to be offensive? Also, do you stereotype members based on past experiences with offensive or, in your opinion questionable usernames.

For example: If a new member uses a name as raunchy as my user name, do you tend to lean towards having a negative impression of that member? How come?
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:30:49 PM

I'm not sure it's stereotyping, exactly, but the username definitely factors into the first impression of a member. After all, the name and the avatar image are the only first impression tools we have to work with, aside from whatever that person might have just posted in the forum or in the form of a story or poem. So all we can do is assume that whatever connotations that the name has are being intentionally projected. Otherwise, they'd have chosen a different name, right?

The ones that will raise the most eyebrows obviously are ones that reference gross or violent imagery. Then there are those who have 'k9' somewhere in the username, and that's creepy and gross for obvious reasons.

As far as 'lovewhenuswallow' goes, I hardly consider that "raunchy", especially as a site like this goes. Now if your name was "cumswapper" or "bucketsofmycum" or something like that, then ya, it's getting into raunchy territory.

But otherwise, it seems fairly self-explanatory. Of course I'm going to get a negative vibe from "chokethatbitch" or "donkeepuncher" (you know who you are!) before I ever talk to him.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:37:40 PM

lovewhenuswallow wrote:
For example: If a new member uses a name as raunchy as my user name

I'm going to side with LadyX here. Your username is hardly raunchy (especially on this site).

I do wonder why some people select the username they do, but if I wonder too very much, perhaps I'll chat them up and discover why. So far, I've only asked one person (you know who you are) why he chose said username.

LadyX wrote:
"donkeepuncher" (you know who you are!) before I ever talk to him.

Funny how the puncher grows on ya, isn't it?

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:42:58 PM

I have to also third what the others have said. And also state that many times I do shake my head and wonder why the gal or guy would choose the names they do and why others seem to just think it is fine. LOL Names DO say something about us, as do our avatars and what we put in our profiles.
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:53:38 PM

LadyX wrote:
I'm not sure it's stereotyping, exactly, but the username definitely factors into the first impression of a member. After all, the name and the avatar image are the only first impression tools we have to work with, aside from whatever that person might have just posted in the forum or in the form of a story or poem. So all we can do is assume that whatever connotations that the name has are being intentionally projected. Otherwise, they'd have chosen a different name, right?

The ones that will raise the most eyebrows obviously are ones that reference gross or violent imagery. Then there are those who have 'k9' somewhere in the username, and that's creepy and gross for obvious reasons.

As far as 'lovewhenuswallow' goes, I hardly consider that "raunchy", especially as a site like this goes. Now if your name was "cumswapper" or "bucketsofmycum" or something like that, then ya, it's getting into raunchy territory.

But otherwise, it seems fairly self-explanatory. Of course I'm going to get a negative vibe from "chokethatbitch" or "donkeepuncher" (you know who you are!) before I ever talk to him.
There are ladies out there that are repulsed by even the thought of swallowing semen. So i'm guessing it may rub some the wrong way.

I've seen the 'k9' issue referenced here before, prior to that it reminded me of some old 'Doctor Who' episodes i used to watch when i was a kid.dontknow

It was a cybernetic dog he had as a sub sidekick in the show btw. In the credits they listed the voice of K9 as .... etc...
Dani
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:29:30 PM

Yeah, I agree with the general consensus. And to me, the ones who try their damnedest to come up with something raunchy usually crack me the hell up. There was one name that always popped up in chat. I believe she's no longer a member here. The name was dirtyasshole...now I understand what she was trying to imply, but it suggests something completely different. So for this reason especially, raunchy isn't always the way to go. The overtly raunchy names are hit or miss most of the time.

VanGogh
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:30:22 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:

Funny how the puncher grows on ya, isn't it?

ha!!
Jinxy
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 10:17:40 PM

I don't much care for the over the top ones.

†Jinxy Approved†

Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 10:18:50 PM

I was offended by my old username, hence the change.
CurlyGirly
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 1:19:37 AM

lovewhenuswallow wrote:
Do you find some members usernames to be offensive? Also, do you stereotype members based on past experiences with offensive or, in your opinion questionable usernames.

For example: If a new member uses a name as raunchy as my user name, do you tend to lean towards having a negative impression of that member? How come?

I don't have a negative impression, but I think I do prejudge. When the names are explicit, I think they only want to share one side of themselves here, which is sex/cyber, so I avoid, avoid, avoid.

What else do you talk about with sloppywetcunt69 and suckmy8inches? Also, it seems that users with very explicit names don't seem to stick around long in the forums and/or don't attempt to make themselves a part of the community. This also leads me to believe they're just here to cyber. Obviously, there's nothing wrong with any of that, it's just not what I'm looking for.

Honestly, I did prejudge when I first saw your username. Shhh
Plushbunny
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 2:14:26 AM

I have to admit to often being put off by names like BigGiantDick or similiar...but I love seeing what people can come up. I'm always impressed by one word ones...rain, rune and abides come to mind because I think it was very clever to come up with something short but meaningful...wonder what the next batch of new Lushies will use?

" I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer"
Woody Allen
Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013 1:09:47 AM

laughing8

Nikki703
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013 7:27:38 AM

Guest wrote:

Why would I find Guest to be offensive?dontknow
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013 12:43:18 PM

LoveWhenUSwallow wrote:
Do you find, when some members delete their accounts after they become all butthurt, perplexing?

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013 12:47:25 PM

I must have missed something..... dontknow