Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Honestly..Does anyone else see the New Pope being assassinated? Options · View
Tranquil
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:05:42 PM

a sudden illness maybe?
He refuses to call the senior members by the correct name for they are not lords but brothers in his mind. he refuses to live and work as any other pope...and he is going to clean up the Vatican and ensure all practice humbleness.
Yup I see some sort of assassination happen.. Do you?

Check Out

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/curiosity-of-the-female-form.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/sixty-nine.aspx
Dani
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:08:48 AM

wait...what?

Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:03:13 PM

Um, no? Precedent is the only thing the Catholic Church has going for it. If popes start getting killed, it'll all come crashing down. Not even Cesare and Napoleon tried to kill a pope.
secretcharm
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:05:21 PM

“Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.”
― Oscar Wilde
Ruthie
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:09:50 PM

Jorge Mario Bergoglio was 76 when he was elected pope. I doubt that the College of Cardinals thought that they were electing a long term pope. The powers in the Vatican don't expect him to have much impact on the church. I can't imagine anyone from outside the circle that runs the church wanting to assassinate him. What would be the point? There was an assassination attempt on Pope John Paul II, and a very likely possibility that Pope John Paul I was murdered because of his progressive plans for the church. Bergoglio is a conservative on matters of faith and social behaviour. He has the same risk of being assassinated as any other public figure of course. There are plenty of madmen.
Kitanica
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:25:36 PM

No mostly because I don't consider the pope to be in any real position of power to begin with, not unlike the royal family of England, sure they're well known and famous... But they don't hold any real power at this day and age. Organized religion is about money, those cardinals won't give up anything just because he's decent enough to live modestly. Anything he changed would just get changed back when he dies of old age. If he was assassinated it would make him a martyr for reform. It would hurt them more than letting him do what ever he wants.

ByronLord
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:07:58 AM

Tranquil wrote:
a sudden illness maybe?
He refuses to call the senior members by the correct name for they are not lords but brothers in his mind. he refuses to live and work as any other pope...and he is going to clean up the Vatican and ensure all practice humbleness.
Yup I see some sort of assassination happen.. Do you?

Quite a few Popes have been assassinated, the most recent one possibly being John Paul I who died suddenly and mysteriously during investigations into the corrupt P2 lodge and Banco Ambrosiano.

I don't think he will have much of a problem though as the bigger tension has been the districts being upset at being told what bigotries to peddle, first by John Paul II and then by Benedict. The opposition to gay marriage was not bottom up, it was coming straight from the top of the curia.

Francis does have a big constituency in the wider church though. He has the Jesuits behind him for a start. This is a huge departure for them, they don't usually take positions of power. He is popular with the non curia cardinals because he greets them as equals after election as pope.

His problem is going to be the curia. But the reduced dress etc. is part of a means to that end. He has already dispensed with the cape and shoes. The hat will probably go next and after that the Cardinal in charge of all the nonsense. It is a smart move because thats the guy who was going to be working for the new pope by day and bunking with Benedict by night.