Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Should kids in the untied states have to say the pledge of alligence in school Options · View
Jonathans_Fantasies
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:39:12 AM

I can't believe this is even a question. HELL YES they should! And that's not the only thing they should be taught to respect!

Banner below is a clickable link!
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:25:59 AM

MasterJonathan wrote:
I can't believe this is even a question. HELL YES they should! And that's not the only thing they should be taught to respect!

Responses like these are kind of interesting, also I detect a bit of desperation. Is the fear that if kids aren't forced to recite a pledge every day, that they won't develop the same kind of blind loyalty that you grew up with? And if instilling a sense of respect in children is really the entire point, then repetition of the same two long sentences should be way, way down the list of priorities.
MissSub2012
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 1:39:09 AM

It really saddens me to see that this has even become something we have to discuss. What happened to our country? So much has changed in only the little time I've been here. I'm thankful my parents raised me the way they did. It worries me to see the generation that Im a part of beginning to move up in the world, all I can do is hope there are some kids that had parents with the same values and principles as mine.
WhatDoYouThink
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 2:59:39 AM

I think no because America is suppose to have the church separated from the state. Not everyone believes in god. It's a pledge, why say it so many times? There's more important things.
Kitanica
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 7:14:53 AM

MissSub2012 wrote:
It really saddens me to see that this has even become something we have to discuss. What happened to our country? So much has changed in only the little time I've been here. I'm thankful my parents raised me the way they did. It worries me to see the generation that Im a part of beginning to move up in the world, all I can do is hope there are some kids that had parents with the same values and principles as mine.

Welcome to the forums, I see it's your first post. :)
Don't take offense as some can be critical—myself included—of posts in the think tank, so no hard feelings.

What would those values be exactly? I was under the impression this was a free country, a melting pot if you will, where different values, ideas, and beliefs can meld and thrive alongside one another and bring us together.

Apart from the questionable taste in music, drinking habits, and the odd ignorant redneck, I'm proud of my generations progressive attitude. Gay marriage here we come. It seems somewhat close minded that you only value those who think like you do. How can you learn anything new if you never have your ideas challenged or tested. You have no need to improve yourself.
Its good things are changing, this countries been heading in the wrong direction for years. It's time to fix things as best as they can be fixed.

vjlegbabe
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 10:06:21 AM

Yes,the biggest problem in this country is we are slowly becoming unamerican to please others who come to this country and try to change our values to appease their own.
Kitanica
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 3:14:32 PM

vjlegbabe wrote:
Yes,the biggest problem in this country is we are slowly becoming unamerican to please others who come to this country and try to change our values to appease their own.

un-American?
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:15:15 PM

vjlegbabe wrote:

You do know that traditionally, women weren't allowed to vote in America, right? Lesbians weren't thought too highly of, either. Should those values have changed? Yes or no?
smitty319
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 3:50:05 AM

damn str8. I think it's Kansas that just passed a law putting it back in schools!
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 10:51:06 AM

I can't wait until we can get rid of borders and think as one as a species.

Yes, let's pledge, it allows us excuse to treat others like shit.
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 11:28:31 AM

Fastrunner325 wrote:
No but they should learn how to spell. What is a pledge of alligence in the untied states?

dontknow untied?

The Pledge of Allegiance has been modified four times since 1892. I like what it is supposed to stand for..."liberty and justice for all". There are worse things children can say in school...
CleverFox
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 7:11:05 PM

vjlegbabe wrote:

I can't think of anything that is more correct than what you posted VJlegbabe. We should be like the very first people that came to the Western Hemisphere and not have let new comers assimilate us.

WELCOME BACK TO THE HUNTER-GATHERER SOCIETY OF NATIVE AMERICANS! (aka , American Indians) wave

(SARCASM)

(Honestly, that has to be about the most idiotic thing I have ever read on this forum VJlegbabe.)
duke
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:22:29 PM

Yes I believe they should. However I don't believe it has anything to do with some of the previous posts of "becoming unamerican" or lack of values. I think the pledge should be recited not because it encourages blind loyalty to our government.
We are pledging allegiance to THE FLAG and all that it represents in its founding. Liberty, freedom, consent of the governed (an educated and participating governed), popular sovereignty and many other ideals that we as a nation seem to have lost touch with.
Weavindreams
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 9:54:07 PM

Nutbag "Cleverfox", "forum guru" and yet you toss out a put down of a simple truth because you are unable to open your own eyes to the truth? Do we HAVE a "national language"? NO. IS it a REQUIREMENT that signs in government offices be posted in English AND SPANISH? Yes. Do we have ELEVEN MILLION illegal aliens inside of our borders that the vote happy morons in Washington want to destroy our economy to GIVE citizenship too?! In future MIGHT want to exercise a bit more caution BEFORE tossing out the word IDIOTIC. BUT, if you REALLY want to read things that ARE; go check out Highwayman or WhatDoYouThink, THOSE responses fit your description to a tee!

TheScheherezadeFeint
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 4:25:25 PM

I'm vaguely amused, but far more so bemused by the fact that people are so upset about this topic. Not that they care, but that it still inspires such intense feeling on both sides of the aisle. I accept that it's important to many people that their children say it, and to even more that they have the opportunity to say it, but to enforce it does seem wrong to me. What about students who hold citizenship or are natives of another country. Legal, resident aliens? Illegal aliens too, but I don't think that I need to throw any fuel on the fire that is that off-topic debate. The point is, that I feel it should be a choice, a right even to say it, but nobody should have to say anything they don't want to. I value my freedom of speech and other First Amendment rights, but I sometimes value my Third, Fourth and Fifth Amendment rights more, and what I'd like to know, is how forcing people to say something that they may or may not feel is wrong isn't a violation of every public school student's Fifth Amendment rights?

The topic is, to me at least, very similar to flag burning, censorship, or school prayer, which is to say that they are all issues that are highly inflammatory, and that they all involve things that are very offensive to part of our culture, and important to others. Tried to divide them across party lines/platforms in terms of who's offended and who's all for it, but I hope somebody else picks up the ball on that. Even though I know that some things are very offensive to others, I firmly believe that living where free speech, freedom of religion, and the right to silence, all at the same time means that sometimes you are going to be offended by what other people's say. It's the American Dream, and the real test of your devotion to it is recognizing the rights of those whose opinions make you want to stand on the rooftops and shout your own to do the very same.

Recommended Reads by TheScheherezadeFeint:
Undeniable - Erotic Poem
Disappearing Act - Love Poem
Synthetic Hours - Fantasy/Sci-fi - Eighth Place, 'Some Like It Hot' competition, January 2015
Night Work - Erotic Poem
Eating Breakfast In Glass Slippers - Straight Sex - Fifth Place, 'The Morning After The Night Before' competition, November 2014
Miracle of Night - Love Poem
The Brightest Black You've Ever Seen - Love Story - Ninth place, 'Toy With Me' competition, September 2014
Scream Fire - Erotic Poem - Audio read by MadameMolly
At First Sight (He) - Quickie Sex
Weavindreams
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 6:06:30 PM

WQK- I agree! At the same time, MANY of us on the "pro" side of this issue think it is ALSO important to instill a sense of patriotism in this nation's youth, as well as an understand of HOW their liberty came about. The mere FACT that at least one poster confused the "pledge of allegiance" with PRAYER speaks volumes in that regard. The fact that another espouses the "one world" nonsense that even John Lennon wasn't foolish enough to actually BELEIVE speaks even MORE loudly to that NEED.

Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 8:04:50 PM

I pledge allegiance under god. I think I remember that. "god bless America." - Irving Berlin, sung most beautifully by Kate Smith.

Glad to see that one world is nonsense, it's actually espoused on the Statue of Liberty:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Lazarus

By your word, we should just blow that bitch up. It's nonsense.

The ideology behind that inscription brought the masses to the U.S. It's not a prayer, it's just wishful thinking.

Make them say it, all in all, it's just another brick in the wall (Floyd).

I would be hard pressed to argue against a pledge that has been updated, or even tell my daughter to believe in, if that nation "so conceived, and so dedicated, can long endure." However, it is no longer "of the people, by the people, and for the people." (Gettysburg Address) It's by the interest, and for the interest of the highest bidder. The Pledge and other mantras are more nonsensical than a wish for my kid to love her neighbors across the pond, and especially of another faith, or ideology. I guess you're not a Marley fan.
BlondeBookworm
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 8:38:36 PM

No. I don't think that it should be a requirement. I always did all through school, but a lot of kids didn't bother standing up to do it. Honestly, I think a lot of the kids in my morning classes were just too lazy/tired to stand up to do it.
adagio_sabadicus
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 8:49:24 PM

I don't think it should be a requirement, but I do think it means something. However if brats can tote cell phones to class, make the little fuckers learn the ABC's. Our education system is upside down. dontknow director dontknow
foxjack
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:29:32 PM

Yes.
Jules4Fun
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:40:03 PM

come on Lush...be respectful....it's United States...not 'untied states'.....and yes, they should!
MadMartigan
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:44:13 PM

TxPrincess wrote:

I agree we as adult have the freedom to refuse the pledge. Children on the other hand should know how to be loyal and respectful, before they are allowed to exercise there freedoms.

So you have "earn" the right freedoms these days?

Ok. Not.

In other words, no, they shouldn't be forced to say it if they don't want to. I don't think some empty force of forced patriotism is what this country lacks. What it lacks is a general sense of what goes on in the world on a daily basis and a heightened, incomprehensible sense of elitism that's actually resulted in our country falling by the wayside in, among many other things, healthcare and multiple levels of education.

Larissaforfun
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:10:42 PM

Which states are untied?

lisa95
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:13:28 PM

!00% YES , And pull there dam pants up, and Respect each other and turn to GOD and love there parent
Lustyrose4u
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:34:28 PM

One word- YES.

"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
Chrissy123
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:38:15 PM

The pledge should be said in school. We make a choice to live here. If you have a problem with the words of the pledge you can stand silently as the pledge is recited and show respect for the land you chose to live in.

I believe it says " in God we trust on our money. Should we stop using money too?

Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 11:00:58 PM

isjda
Drop the attitude, and pontification. Borders suck, it'll take a while to set in and allow them to evaporate.

I used to watch the Jetsons and Star Trek thinking one day we could move forward. However, I look around and see why it's taken us this long to get to where we are.

Weavindreams
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 2:18:33 AM

Uh HM; speaking of ditch the attitude; why not try it? YOU seem to be doing a fine job of pontificating yourself. The better part being that the nonsense you espouse is such a "Polly Anna" pie in the sky concept as to be uproariously funny IF you WEREN'T SERIOUS! Wake up to REALITY. The Muslim world wants us exterminated, that's not hype just fact. The Communist world (as in North Korea and Red China) have THEIR motives for our destruction (POWER) and the impoverished in Central and South America want to get to the land of the big PX to get their hands on the FREEBIES that US taxpayers PROVIDE. Get real or just get over yourself ok?

Wilful
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 2:40:14 AM

Is that the "two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun" thing?

Not that it's any of my business, but from down here, it looks an awful lot like indoctrination.

Please check out my latest story, Kibeho
She
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 2:40:37 AM

I won't say much on this topic, merely because people who really need to hear it, will diminish it and people who would understand it, they already know about it.
What I am going to say is that saying pledge of allegiance in schools or anywhere else if not intimate, is extremely similar to ones that children were saying in comunist countries. So much of your democracy. Do with this info whatever you are pleased.