Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

To Bra or not to Bra Options · View
Michael
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 4:53:42 PM

Rank: Author

Joined: 10/22/2011
Posts: 2,005
Location: Somewhere with Sun and Sea, United States
There is recent news coverage of a French scientist's 16 year study. His findings show that wearing a bra will do little or nothing to prevent breasts sagging, and that breasts will actually benefit more from not wearing a bra...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/12/us-france-bras-idUSBRE93B0Y020130412

I do wonder what woman think about these results... Have women been force fed years of advertising propaganda that they must wear a bra? Are women more physically comfortable without a bra? Most important, do you believe they may be truth in these findings?



crazydiamond
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 5:06:42 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,295
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
Ohhh , it's all fine and dandy till you try doing some actual activity without one. It's bloody uncomfortatble. I don't have massive boobs,but I tell you, I'd rather have a bra on at most times. Those more endowed, will make my case 3 fold. It's not a comfortable feeling when they are just all over the shop!

I doubt the findings are as accurate as the way it feels , so weather it's truth or not, support matters!

Edit - i just thought of something that might clarify this.

Imagine your balls were size double D, now let them hang free and RUN! You's soon appreciate a brassiere, weather it kept them from sagging or not! It's all about the support there.

Mazza
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 6:13:54 PM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,295
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Okay, so I started posting a reasonable response here and then my Internet started to hang, as usual... Hang, ha!!

Now I like the idea of gravity defying boobs, but come on... Age and weight takes its toll. We've all seen national geo pics of native bare breasted, saggy boobs... As we get older they lose their perkiness, bounce and elasticity, that's just a fact. A bra will at least stop them from hanging. If you're of the larger breasted variety, as I am, then a bra is a must if you want to do anything rigorous and physical. Think about carrying melons in a plastic bag... Large breasts are fucking heavy, seriously. I'm not saying that running braless would give me black eyes, but it ain't fucking comfortable either... Plus, my nips get cold and when I get cold nips they get fucking sore....

I don't mind chilling round the house with no off the shoulder boulder holders, but if I'm going out, a well fitting bra makes me feel SO much more comfortable and sexy... Bras for me, whatever the 'research' says...



This article is really interesting

Sagging breasts

Quote:


No other part of the body is more affected by the force of gravity than the breasts.

From the moment a woman’s chest is fully grown, in her late teens to mid-twenties, she faces an uphill battle to defy the downward pull.

The challenge is down to the fact that, while an average pair of breasts weighs around 2lbs to 4lbs, there’s not much of a natural support structure to keep them in place.


Nothing to see here...
doctorlove
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 7:41:08 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/11/2012
Posts: 833
Location: United States
fuck the bra, the undies and all that shit....go commando
Guest
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 8:17:53 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 700,331
i am not thtat big but i am starting to sag and would rather not
Rubyjane
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 8:19:37 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 3/4/2013
Posts: 20
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
We girls must wear a boulder holder! as a direct hit from mine would knock me out! A bra is not just for comfort but to keep them safe for you guys to ogle!! , But bring on the fashion that allows us to get them out!!! and show them off.
Rubyjane
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 8:19:41 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 3/4/2013
Posts: 20
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
We girls must wear a boulder holder! as a direct hit from mine would knock me out! A bra is not just for comfort but to keep them safe for you guys to ogle!! , But bring on the fashion that allows us to get them out!!! and show them off.
Guest
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 8:35:28 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 700,331
Michael wrote:
There is recent news coverage of a French scientist's 16 year study. His findings show that wearing a bra will do little or nothing to prevent breasts sagging, and that breasts will actually benefit more from not wearing a bra...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/12/us-france-bras-idUSBRE93B0Y020130412

I do wonder what woman think about these results... Have women been force fed years of advertising propaganda that they must wear a bra? Are women more physically comfortable without a bra? Most important, do you believe they may be truth in these findings?




As I suspected, it is a MAN whose findings show that women will benefit more from not wearing a bra..... Bloody idiot.



Guest
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 8:39:22 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 700,331
Mazza wrote:
Okay, so I started posting a reasonable response here and then my Internet started to hang, as usual... Hang, ha!!

Now I like the idea of gravity defying boobs, but come on... Age and weight takes its toll. We've all seen national geo pics of native bare breasted, saggy boobs... As we get older they lose their perkiness, bounce and elasticity, that's just a fact. A bra will at least stop them from hanging. If you're of the larger breasted variety, as I am, then a bra is a must if you want to do anything rigorous and physical. Think about carrying melons in a plastic bag... Large breasts are fucking heavy, seriously. I'm not saying that running braless would give me black eyes, but it ain't fucking comfortable either... Plus, my nips get cold and when I get cold nips they get fucking sore....

I don't mind chilling round the house with no off the shoulder boulder holders, but if I'm going out, a well fitting bra makes me feel SO much more comfortable and sexy... Bras for me, whatever the 'research' says...


Thank you for using one of my favourite phrases. I now can't stop giggling Lfunny I know, I'm juvenile for laughing, but fuckit, I find it funny.
janet_haney
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 8:56:33 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/7/2013
Posts: 252
Location: United States
kaytydid wrote:
i am not thtat big but i am starting to sag and would rather not



You would look just as sexy with or without a bra
janet_haney
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 8:58:30 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/7/2013
Posts: 252
Location: United States
Mazza wrote:
Okay, so I started posting a reasonable response here and then my Internet started to hang, as usual... Hang, ha!!

Now I like the idea of gravity defying boobs, but come on... Age and weight takes its toll. We've all seen national geo pics of native bare breasted, saggy boobs... As we get older they lose their perkiness, bounce and elasticity, that's just a fact. A bra will at least stop them from hanging. If you're of the larger breasted variety, as I am, then a bra is a must if you want to do anything rigorous and physical. Think about carrying melons in a plastic bag... Large breasts are fucking heavy, seriously. I'm not saying that running braless would give me black eyes, but it ain't fucking comfortable either... Plus, my nips get cold and when I get cold nips they get fucking sore....

I don't mind chilling round the house with no off the shoulder boulder holders, but if I'm going out, a well fitting bra makes me feel SO much more comfortable and sexy... Bras for me, whatever the 'research' says...



Mazza said it all. She has one of the sexiest avatars here too
KatR
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 9:31:30 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/19/2013
Posts: 332
Location: United States
A sexy bra makes me feel good and makes my lover hornier when he peels me down to it, so two damn good reasons to wear one
Masteratarms
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 10:44:44 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/25/2013
Posts: 8,128
Location: Australia
Was it a Freudian slip, her true response or is it just me, but I loved the logo underneath Mazza's comment on the subject. "I love it when we hang out together.We should do it more often." I'll go with that!


Guest
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 11:54:04 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 700,331


Noooooooooooooooo! I doubt I'll be burning my bras.
Michael
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 11:54:20 PM

Rank: Author

Joined: 10/22/2011
Posts: 2,005
Location: Somewhere with Sun and Sea, United States
I do have to agree with Crazydiamond that if my balls were 'D' size I would never run, and doubt if I could even walk that bow-legged. Just as we men wear support when we exercise, woman surely need a sports bra when exercising.

I do seriously question if wearing a bra continuously will weaken the tissue supporting the breasts more so than not wearing a bra for daily activities. I cannot accept that bra-less breasts will sag more than bra-ed only because National Geography has shown few photos of native women that might have lived a lifetime of nutritional deficiencies. I have traveled to many countries and observed many full breasts that resist the rigors of gravity without support.

Perhaps to sag or not to sag is more due to diet, healthy living habits, and genetics.

Frank
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 11:59:07 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/16/2011
Posts: 11,987
Location: Pleasure dome, United Kingdom
crazydiamond wrote:
Imagine your balls were size double D,

Would like some help!
b229

Mazza wrote:
I don't mind chilling round the house with no off the shoulder boulder holders, but if I'm going out, a well fitting bra makes me feel SO much more comfortable and sexy... Bras for me, whatever the 'research' says...


KatR wrote:
A sexy bra makes me feel good and makes my lover hornier when he peels me down to it, so two damn good reasons to wear one


588-rolleyes


A great way for a women to test her lovers digit dexterity as he undoes the clip.
How good are you? (Yes there is a forum somewhere on the subject) coffee

Very sexy to have such great pleasures well presented! Ldevil

Of all our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney

Mazza
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 2:45:35 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,295
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Liz
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 3:05:21 AM

Rank: Scarlet Seductress
Moderator

Joined: 1/22/2013
Posts: 6,241
Location: In the sweet shop, United Kingdom


"Carefully written, fact-checked essay in the streets, unmoderated comments section in the sheets."

naughtyannie
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 4:01:19 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 1,610
Location: London, United Kingdom
I've got used to slopping about without one a fair bit of the time, because mine are quite small, but a bra does give me a bit of cleavage :)

And I think they may be getting a bit bigger (lay off the cakes, fatso) so I certainly don't want any sag, thanks. And I agree that a nice bra is sexy too.

Click on the link below to visit my profile page, for award-winning filthy stories and arousing pics. Go on, it's just one click.

You know you want to...

http://www.lushstories.com/naughtyannie

You don't know what you're missing 'til you try it
Mazza
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:06:05 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,295
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Guest
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 8:01:38 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 700,331
Michael wrote:
I do have to agree with Crazydiamond that if my balls were 'D' size I would never run, and doubt if I could even walk that bow-legged. Just as we men wear support when we exercise, woman surely need a sports bra when exercising.

I do seriously question if wearing a bra continuously will weaken the tissue supporting the breasts more so than not wearing a bra for daily activities. I cannot accept that bra-less breasts will sag more than bra-ed only because National Geography has shown few photos of native women that might have lived a lifetime of nutritional deficiencies. I have traveled to many countries and observed many full breasts that resist the rigors of gravity without support.

Perhaps to sag or not to sag is more due to diet, healthy living habits, and genetics.


A breast can weigh up to 3-4 pounds each if a woman has a D cup size. The average breast size is 36C so you could be looking at around 3 pounds EACH. 3 pounds of flesh, swinging in the breeze, jumping up and down when exercising,... you cannot accept braless breasts will sag more than bra-ed breasts? You can't accept that roughly 3 pounds of weight would make a woman's boobies sag just a little?

Guy's just DON'T get it... because they don't have breasts!
Guest
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 8:21:45 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 700,331
Nikki703
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:50:06 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 13,933
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
I usually wear a bra whenever I go out unless the top or dress I am wearing has built in support. Personally, I find bras, especially a lot of mine to be very sexy. Occasionally I may be wearing an outfit that just doesn't look right with a bra so then I will go without.

At 34D, I am pretty well endowed, so I like to have some support so my boobs aren't hanging down to my knees when Im 60. LOL!!

But when I am just hanging at home, many times I let the twins out to play, HAHA!!
Guest
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 10:18:23 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 700,331
trinket wrote:


A breast can weigh up to 3-4 pounds each if a woman has a D cup size. The average breast size is 36C so you could be looking at around 3 pounds EACH. 3 pounds of flesh, swinging in the breeze, jumping up and down when exercising,... you cannot accept braless breasts will sag more than bra-ed breasts? You can't accept that roughly 3 pounds of weight would make a woman's boobies sag just a little?

Guy's just DON'T get it... because they don't have breasts!


3-4 pounds each? Both mine together probably don't weigh half that. For me it is according to what I'm wearing, where I.m going, and how I want to look. I wear one about half the time.
crazydiamond
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 10:58:47 AM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,295
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
trinket wrote:


A breast can weigh up to 3-4 pounds each



Guest
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 4:00:36 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 700,331
Personally , I hardly wear one , do if I am dressing in lingerie though
Michael
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 12:07:05 AM

Rank: Author

Joined: 10/22/2011
Posts: 2,005
Location: Somewhere with Sun and Sea, United States
trinket wrote:


A breast can weigh up to 3-4 pounds each if a woman has a D cup size. The average breast size is 36C so you could be looking at around 3 pounds EACH. 3 pounds of flesh, swinging in the breeze, jumping up and down when exercising,... you cannot accept braless breasts will sag more than bra-ed breasts? You can't accept that roughly 3 pounds of weight would make a woman's boobies sag just a little?

Guy's just DON'T get it... because they don't have breasts!


Hi Trinket,
I am not against bras, and actually love seeing a woman in a well fitting Demi Bra, Sports Bra, any lacy bra or even with only a Hand Bra.

I did not state that I do not 'accept' that bra-less breasts will sag more than bra-ed breasts, of course I accept that. Gravity has it's pull, thus bra-less breasts will surly swing lower than breasts while being supported by a bra, regardless of age, size or condition.

I merely 'questioned' if wearing a bra continuously will weaken the tissue supporting the breasts more so than not wearing a bra. I found the the quoted study on this issue which I linked to earlier. I would love to read of a scientific study with different results.
As you know, under the breasts are the pectoralis major muscle, which when exercised will lift the breasts, making them appear fuller. Yet the fitness of this muscle seems to have little effect toward the actual prevention of sagging.

Robert Mansell, a professor of surgery at the University Hospital of Wales, in Cardiff, reported that, "Bras don't prevent breasts from sagging, with regard to stretching of the breast ligaments and drooping in later life, that occurs very regularly anyway, and that's a function of the weight, often of heavy breasts, and these women are wearing bras and it doesn't prevent it." John Dixey, at the time CEO of Playtex, agreed with Mansell. "We have no medical evidence that wearing a bra could prevent sagging, because the breast itself is not muscle so keeping it toned up is an impossibility."


kinkitten
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 9:34:03 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/17/2011
Posts: 382
first not wearing a bra when your brests are large is very uncomfortable- they bounce, jiggle and hurt while doing so..

second most women who have big brests do not have the perky, stand up on their own, look to the brests and need a bra to lift and support.

and third a bra in my opinion is like a gift wrapper- would you give someone a gift without one? probably not.

i like wearing a bra- i always wear sexy, pretty looking bras so even if im only cleaning the house in my sweats i feel sexy.



http://www.lushstories.com/stories/milf/the-neighbors-boy-1.aspx
Guest
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 6:56:31 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 700,331
You got me really curious and skeptical about my fellow French citizens findings. Anyway its too late we already all hooked up to lingerie and the good thing thing is that bras can be now sexy and vey compfortable too sooo I'm 100% for bras, not to mention the pleasure of having to strip out of them in sexy shows, the more clothes you wear the more fun for the show...One Winter I even wore 2 pieces: a sexy bra under a sporty brassiere to surprise my man
Guest
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 6:56:35 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 700,331
You got me really curious and skeptical about my fellow French citizens findings. Anyway its too late we already all hooked up to lingerie and the good thing thing is that bras can be now sexy and vey compfortable too sooo I'm 100% for bras, not to mention the pleasure of having to strip out of them in sexy shows, the more clothes you wear the more fun for the show...One Winter I even wore 2 pieces: a sexy bra under a sporty brassiere to surprise my man
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.