Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Lesbian cougar Options · View
jimmiek1964
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:31:23 AM

We all know what the term cougar means and I wonder if it applies to lesbians as well?
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:54:28 PM

jimmiek1964 wrote:
We all know what the term cougar means and I wonder if it applies to lesbians as well?

I would assume so. they just like younger women instead of men
rrickarr
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:37:15 PM

That's a pretty hot thought.
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 5:22:37 PM

From what I gather, the VAST majority of women of any persuasion really hate the term "cougar", so my guess is no. I'm also guessing you (OP) are a male so why the fuck are you even concerning yourself with something which has no bearing on your life? If you're socially hanging out with older lesbians, I wouldn't suggest you call them that and if you're not hanging out socially with them, I really think you'd best not call them that or word will get round and you could be confronted by women who will kick your ass.
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 3:15:35 AM

Oh, I'm going to get Sprite right now! She's good at explaining things like this..... evil4
simplyjohn
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 5:54:02 AM

dontknow

Sword Fight

Fugly

blah5

Who actually cares ... lol

janet_haney
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:23:00 AM

I never thought of myself as a "Cougar" though I am attracted to younger women. But then again at my age, everyone is younger. As Yourmisterdark said most of us really don't care for the term Cougar at all.
sprite
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 8:53:45 PM

trinket wrote:
Oh, I'm going to get Sprite right now! She's good at explaining things like this..... evil4

somebody call my name?

so... i was going to go with funny, but changed my mind.

first, a word about the use of cougar.

i don't like that fact that it denotes a predator - that's the real issue with it; someone who preys on the young or the weak. that said, like any other negative word, be in the N word, the F word, etc, some people take it on and turn it around. Cougar is one of those words. there are actually lesbian dating sites that cater to cougars, which they define thusly:

The word "cougar" is meant to describe the way mature, experienced and beautiful women like to see themselves, and not the negative meaning associated with older women preying on younger souls.

yes. there are lesbian 'cougars'. the girls they date, younger girls, are usually referred to as cubs or sometimes kittens.

does that help? :)

Live, love, laugh.
sprite
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 9:18:13 PM

oh, and i'm going to add this:

someone recently made a comment to me that 'you like them young' based on the fact that i sometimes find playmates here that are a decade or so younger. while i'm still 30, that got me thinking about the term, a bit, and about the phenomenom in general, and here is the real issue with the word. it's not frowned upon for older men to seek out younger lovers, even admired, yet an issue is often made if an older woman does the same. i am pretty sure that, had someone called me a cougar, i'd be offended. some women don't let themselves, mentality wise, grow old. they are, despite their age, young at heart. i've spent time with women 30 years older than i, and really, had i not known, i would have never have guessed - they are still spirited, fun, joyful, and sexy.

also, as i said, the term denotates a predator. does it escape people that the younger girls or guys are a part of the equation too? some people have older souls. some mature faster, especially women. some are looking for the the security and stability and experience and wisdom an older woman can offer.

oh, i can spend time with an 20 yo girl and have a lively fun conversation on all manner of subjects and also be able to keep up physically. AND i'm a lot of fun to hang out with, too. so yeah... guys? wouldn't go around calling women cougars and not expect to take flak for it. :)

Live, love, laugh.
1nympholes
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 5:32:55 PM

janet_haney wrote:
I never thought of myself as a "Cougar" though I am attracted to younger women. But then again at my age, everyone is younger. As Yourmisterdark said most of us really don't care for the term Cougar at all.

Janet Dear have you ever thought you are just plain hot, and who in their right mind could define that with any number?

The girl who started early at this game of sexual pleasure, This girl that never seems to get as much as she wants, at least from the right people. But now certainly the woman that will test all the paths of pleasure with you.
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:19:09 AM

I wouldn't mind an older woman wanting me. I can see "cougar" being kind of bad term.
girl_fun
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:52:02 AM

i am not very old in my 30s only but i feel attracted to young guys in teenage and girls too {}
Curvyanddirty
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:50:41 PM

Honestly I'm what would be called a kitten or prey. I'm 18 and ever since I was little I've found women. In their 30's all the way into their 80's to be attractive . I love older women and Id love to meet some on here!

Sassy scary cute <3
Nikki703
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 3:29:06 PM

I HATE the term Cougar, be it a woman looking for young men or young women. It makes it sound like you are trying to take advantage of a younger inexperienced person. I don't find it offensive, just plain STUPID!!!
stelmaria
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 2:56:22 AM

I'm with Sprite - My girlfriend is older, I like to tease her and call her my cougar. I mean it in the fondest of ways, she is the sweetest thing out. She also refers to me as her kitten. 'Cougar' doesn't have to be negative.

Sirene_Jaune
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 3:16:55 AM

I am not sure about that term for an older lesbian wanting to be with a younger girl.

Who knows anyone can be labelled now days and I do know of a lesbian couple where the girl is in her 30s and her partner is in her 50s.

Axl - Take a look at our piercing menu.

Daria - I don't think that's how you spell "uvula."

Axl - That's not "uvula."

silverecugirl
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:18:30 PM

Yes it would and have always loved dating someone older than me