Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

How Many Friends Do You Have On Lush? Options · View
nil4sin
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:45:20 AM

argue
I decided 2 make as many friends on Lush as I can when I reached here accidently. The idea was 2 interact with as many sexy ladies (and a few gents only) as I can manage. I did get huge response to my friendship requests from young and sexy ladies. But my fantasy of interacting with them for spicy chat hit the wall of 'no response'. Then I realized, after observing LUSH behavior of my friends, that all of them are pre-occupied and ladies of my dream are hardly interested in me.

I also observed and experienced myself that, like in our actual life, friendship can't be earned by just knocking one's door. Now I am of the opinion that friendship depends on the mental wavelength and a strange sense of togetherness or shared level of comfort with each other. How and why does it happen is beyond simple explanation, but it does happen.

Friends, although my friend list is lengthening in size, I must confide in u that till date I have got just 1 good friend. I do miss her.

Friends, how many friends u have on LUSH? confused5

Neel
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:21:58 AM

2. I have 2.....its freakin outrageous :p. I never send out friend requests though....Im not here to try and pull anyone. And I dont post much, so maybe thats why.
sprite
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:27:01 AM

depends. if you're asking how many i have on my friends list, it's quite a few. actual friends, however? the list is a bit shorter. not really into counting or collecting, tho, so i couldn't really tell you off hand. the people who are truly close to me know who they are.

Live, love, laugh.
Dirty_D
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:36:20 AM

sprite wrote:
depends. if you're asking how many i have on my friends list, it's quite a few. actual friends, however? the list is a bit shorter. not really into counting or collecting, tho, so i couldn't really tell you off hand. the people who are truly close to me know who they are.

Yeap, If you send me a friend request I am likely to accept. I have a few people here I interact with and a few that know my real life details. I've even meet a couple and broke bread with them, but that list is small and exclusive.

I love the real friends I have through Lush, they are as real as any I have ever met.
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:39:40 AM

Its a wee bit like Facebook. You get people who just want as many "friends" as possible. I dont see the point. If they want a wee chat, then fair enough, but to just add you then not speak.....nah.
She
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 7:18:00 AM

urbancoyote wrote:
2. I have 2.....its freakin outrageous :p. I never send out friend requests though....Im not here to try and pull anyone. And I dont post much, so maybe thats why.

hahah, you see, you don't need to say much around the forum to be recognized as a charmer evil4

Naughty_Nurse
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 12:55:10 PM

I have a few friends in here, they are a bit closer then most of the people on my friends list.
But I also noticed that it all can be over in a splitsecond, so I am still not sure about my opinion of what the online friendship is worth, compared to real life friendship.
I try to interact at least a little with most people on my friends list, and if that doesn't happen at all I mostly unfriend them after a while.

My newest story: Monica's Birthday turns into an unexpected orgy

Lessons from a Naugthy Nurse: Scott learns all about oral sex from his nurse
Milik_the_Red
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 1:04:28 PM

Naughty_Nurse wrote:
I have a few friends in here, they are a bit closer then most of the people on my friends list.
But I also noticed that it all can be over in a splitsecond, so I am still not sure about my opinion of what the online friendship is worth, compared to real life friendship.
I try to interact at least a little with most people on my friends list, and if that doesn't happen at all I mostly unfriend them after a while.

Most of those I friend are people who either have enjoyed my work or are people who have either written a story or forum posts that have impressed me. I don't offer friendships often, but I almost never turn them down.

Far fewer are those I interact with on a regular basis. If we share some common interests, or if they are generally pleasant I don't mind. Close friends are rare. Those I value greatly. This is an online community though, and I accept that people come and go. It is just part of reality here.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/mallory-monroe-birth-of-a-streetwalker.aspx
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 2:33:06 PM

I keep it under 20-25 I think it's pointless to have a 100's of "friends" I love talking to each and every one of them.
love7

clum
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 2:35:25 PM

Loads. I'm a popular son of a bitch.

(No, really; my mum is a bitch. I still love her though.)

She Just Wants To Be

Third place entry in the Toy With Me competition.
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 2:43:36 PM

too many. i only chat with a handful
BelleduJour
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:11:23 PM

Like most newbies when it comes to a place like Lush, I too had hundreds of friends when I first joined and carried the 'socialite' status that seems to brand most profiles on here. I pretty much accepted friend requests from anyone and everyone and dove head first into the deep end of debauchery with vim and vigor. Lots of fun was had (oh yes!) but also (and thankfully) some lessons were learned too and as a result, I've done some major house cleaning more than once since I joined. Just as my profile says, these days, my friend list is put together based on the quality of the people I meet and not on the quantity and I'm perfectly happy with that.

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 4:32:02 PM

If you're a writer, having an extensive friend-list on a writer community site is pretty standard. If a person comments on your stories, follows you as an author, favourites your stories, writes a personalized message, mentions they like your forum posts or says they are a fan of your writing, it just seems kind of snobby to snub them. That's how I see it anyway. I have the same policy across any social media site that involves promoting my writing. I accept *most* people who send me a friend-add. And I'll send add-requests to people as I think of them, if I like their style or their writing or we've interacted on some level on the site. I don't see it as a big deal. I can understand how it might be different for someone that primarily uses the site for social reasons and typically stays visible/accessible online - they might want to keep their list tighter.

As far as regular interaction and chats go - I have a very small core crew that I talk to fairly often. Those friendships evolved naturally because we just seemed to vibe together well as people or were able to bond over something.

Wilful
Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2013 12:45:50 AM

As a social media virgin, I don’t know what I’m doing. But in the first week or so, I have four friends so far.

I’ve heard it’s a good idea to limit your friends to only those you’ve met in person. But the nature of Lush, and the likelihood that anyone in my real life will ever know I’m here, I don’t think that’s going to work too well. Instead, I’ve been limiting it to other authors, as I’m here more for the writing than an e-ffair.

I like Dancing-Doll’s take on it though. Given my aspirations, I’ll be spending my next procrastination session trolling through the comments on my stories and reaching out. Strap yourselves in!

Please check out my latest story, Kibeho
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 2:24:45 PM

Although, I feel it is nice to make friends on Lush. I don't particularly like those friends who all they do is make friends nothing else. I guess now it maybe 4 or 5 friends.