Happy Chinese New Year occasion9

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year

Do you have any pics "woman"?

Kenny8227
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:34:43 PM

Thanks nicola.
Woman
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 9:11:15 PM

'Tis the season for a war zone! Fa la la la la la la la la!!!

Seriously. With the Red Lantern Festival beginning throughout all of China, it marks the end of the Spring Festival and back to work for everyone. Travel time is over, and work time begins.

However, with all the fireworks that have been ringing and sounding off over the past seven weeks, if you live in China, welcome to the war zone.

The year of the Tiger is going to be a fabulous year!!!! Filled with change and as long as we all control our tempers and moods, one of great parties and events too!!!!!!!

I shall post some pictures right this minute for you all!!!!! Well, I shall post this first, then start again!!! LOL!!!!

Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
Woman
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 9:54:29 PM

Ok! I give up!!!

I've tried for the past hour to post some of my pictures, but kept on getting a note saying Attempt Failed.

So I stole this from a Beijing website.

Red is the traditional colour for; luck, wealth, happiness and prosperity in China. On New Years Day, it is traditional to wear new clothes, especially if this is your year in red. And everyone should have some sort of new shoes. Shoes, traditionally mean good luck on your journey!

Walking around cities in China at the moment, there are people out, lighting fireworks to invite the ancestors to the family meal, fish aplenty, jiaozi, and lots of delicious foods.

So say it loud say it proud! Xin nian hao!!! (shin knee-an how)

Quick question, I am a monkey, what is everyone else?

Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
nicola
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 10:08:17 PM

The Rooster
Proud and determined. Can be seen as aggressive.

Doesn't sound like me at all Whistle

I wasn't sure I had the Chinese right, hopefully it's close enough 3601
Woman
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 10:14:59 PM

nicola wrote:

I wasn't sure I had the Chinese right, hopefully it's close enough 3601

Oh.. I was just going to say Hello Cock Lady! But that would be very bad on my part!!!

You got it right!!! Xian nian kuai le is just Happy New Year.

I am a Hoe. I mean Monkey.

"Monkeys are fun and loving people who are always cheerful and energetic."

I think they got it all wrong!! LOL!!!

Primal
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 6:56:55 AM

I think I'm the dog, or the rat...hmm, I can't remember. All I know is its lame, wanted DRAGON! Or LION! Or maybe EMPEROR!

Aw well...

In order to know virtue, you must first become acquainted with vice.
- Donatien Alphonse Francois de Sade

En vis mann slår aldri en hund i klubben med en stokk, fordi hunden vil vende rundt og biter mannens ballene av.
thepainter
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 7:22:07 AM

I'm a Dragon. glasses8

Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Woman
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 5:07:01 PM

thepainter wrote:
I'm a Dragon. glasses8

Pardon my insane desire to share little interesting tidbits of cultural information!!!!!!!!

But...

HAIL TO THE CHIEF!!!!!!!

Dragons mean the Emperor, and The Phoenix, is the Empress. And rule The Middle Kingdom.

If you want to know your sign, and more about your specific traits, here is a wiki link that will lead you through your elements and your sign. But if you want just a general over view that is pretty decent, try this site.

Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 5:57:09 PM

Great Site Woman!

I am Dragon ....

The Dragon is magnificent. She is flamboyant, attractive and full of vitality and strength. In China the Dragon is the imperial symbol, the sign of the emperor, or the male element Yang. The Dragon is the symbol of power and wealth.

It would be right to say that people born in the year of the dragon have a natural charisma and are certainly gifted with power and luck. It is unlikely for them to escape unnoticed from a party or to take a second place in a competition.

now to go further as Woman suggested ... I am a Wood Dragon - enjoys talking about original ideas and are open to other points of view. They are innovative, imaginative practical and appreciate art in each of its forms. (Thank god the Wood doesn't go up in Smoke from the Flames of the Dragon's mouth!)

LOL

Van
thepainter
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 5:36:10 AM

hornybunny74 is a Tiger which apparently is very compatible with me as a Dragon. My birth date falls under the Yang Fire category, no idea what the element further means.
And this made me laugh out loud haha:
Dragons can be tactless, arrogant, imperious, tyrannical, demanding, intolerant, dogmatic, violent, impetuous, bras. evil5

Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 4:18:46 PM

Yin-Earth, Boar

(Wild boar in Japan and Elephant in Northern Thailand) (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Water): Honest, gallant, sturdy, sociable, peace-loving, patient, loyal, hard-working, trusting, sincere, calm, understanding, thoughtful, scrupulous, passionate, intelligent. Can be naïve, over-reliant, self-indulgent, gullible, fatalistic, materialistic.

Fourth Trine

The fourth trine consists of the Rabbit, Goat and Pig. The quest for these three signs is the aesthetic and beautiful in life. Their calm nature gives them great leadership abilities. They are artistic, refined, intuitive, and well-mannered. These souls love the preliminaries in love, and are fine artists in their lovemaking. The Rabbit, Goat (or Sheep) and Pig have been bestowed with calmer natures than the other 9 signs. These three are compassionately aware, yet detached and resigned to their condition. They seek beauty and a sensitive lover. They are caring, unique, self-sacrificing, obliging, sensible, creative, empathic, tactful, and prudent. They can also be naive, pedantic, insecure, cunning, indecisive, and pessimistic.

"The 11th animal is the dog. His explanation for being late—although he was supposed to be the best swimmer amongst the rest—was that he needed a good bath after a long spell, and the fresh water from the river was too big a temptation. For that, he almost didn't make it to finish line. Just as the Jade Emperor was about to call it a day, an oink and squeal was heard from a little pig. The pig got hungry during the race, promptly stopped for a feast and then fell asleep. After the nap, the pig continued the race and was named the 12th and last animal of the zodiac cycle. The cat finished too late (thirteenth) to win any place in the calendar, and vowed to be the enemy of the rat forevermore."