Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Poll Question : should men of 65+ have children?
Choice Votes Statistics
yes 5 45 %
no 6 54 %

old men and having children. Options · View
Ashward95
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 10:40:42 AM

there has been a news report on older men having children but might not see the child reach late teens. so my question is shoukd they have children and why. This subject intreast me but not sure why.
Metilda
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 10:59:45 AM

Older men? That's a broad age-range, there. In their 30's and early 40's - I fail to see how they don't live to see the child reach their adulthood. (50's and 60's)

So I'm imagining that they're referring to a smaller number of men who father while they're in their late 40's, 50s (etc) - or are in bad health.

No one lives forever and you never know when you're going to die. If you care about your kids at all, you'll not postpone parenthood until it's too late. (on purpose). More so - because if you're struggling ot make it through the day at age 50, you can't handle the stresses of parenting.

My parents are in their 60's, now, and I cannot imagine them RAISING young children.

SereneProdigy
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 11:53:44 AM

Metilda wrote:
Older men? That's a broad age-range, there. In their 30's and early 40's - I fail to see how they don't live to see the child reach their adulthood. (50's and 60's)

So I'm imagining that they're referring to a smaller number of men who father while they're in their late 40's, 50s (etc) - or are in bad health.

No one lives forever and you never know when you're going to die. If you care about your kids at all, you'll not postpone parenthood until it's too late. (on purpose). More so - because if you're struggling ot make it through the day at age 50, you can't handle the stresses of parenting.

My parents are in their 60's, now, and I cannot imagine them RAISING young children.

He specified 65+ in his poll question.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 12:19:44 PM

I remember reading somewhere that once a guy is over 40, the risks for certain genetic mutations begin to increase and there's more links to issues like autism and schizophrenia. Eggs and sperm start to go bad with age, so over 65+ would be a 'no' from me. And that's besides the point that the average lifespan of a guy is around 75 y/o so the kid may not even be out of highschool before he loses that parent. As well - why would a guy that old even want kids? Is he going to change diapers, go to Disneyland and stand in long sweaty line-ups with them for waterslides and rollercoasters and take them to sports practice? Just a bad idea, all around. At that age, if a guy wants to nurture something, he should get a dog.

Metilda
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 12:40:18 PM

SereneProdigy wrote:

He specified 65+ in his poll question.

Oh - for whatever reason, polling text doesn't show for me. Thanks for pointing it out.

Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 4:58:23 PM

Should they? I think that is up to them. I would not want to, and I will not have any more children.

As for the physical issues involved with potential genetic issues with older men, the same is true with older women (though their child bearing years are much younger). These risks and chances should be looked at and considered carefully by both men and woman later in their reproductive lives. But as long as I don't have to support the child, or have anything to do with the process.... I leave all those decisions up to the individuals.
VanGogh
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 5:12:02 PM

Ashward95 wrote:
there has been a news report on older men having children but might not see the child reach late teens. so my question is shoukd they have children and why. This subject intreast me but not sure why.

are you considering a ban on men being allowed to father children when they reach the age of 65 (like employment retirement)??

I say this .... IF a 65+ guy can still spray viable sperm to a woman under the age of 45 who WANTS a baby .... he deserves something ~ like a medal or free psycho-therapy for a year.

Yes, I know lots of men can, but do they REALLY want children at that age?? I mean, really???

coffee

A Milf series combined with Office Sex *fans face* .... The Secretary and The Student
starting withThe Secretary and The Student - first part with a Famous Story - over 40,000 views! woohoo!

Enjoy!!

For the Anal Lovers .... come enjoy my RR honoured and Famous story An Alluring Ass - over 30,000 views! woohoo!

Another Sex in the Office Poem (I know you love those!!) In Your Office with over 11,000 views! woohoo!

Buz
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 8:28:36 PM

This subject is very close to me. I can't say here what I wish to say, but there are no regrets in the situation.

mentalcase
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 9:00:35 PM

I have to say no. Chances are, the kids will lose their father at a young age. I don't wish that on anyone. Even then, after a certain age, an older man can't do everything to keep up with the kids.
Katje
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 9:12:55 PM

I think that this is one of those scenarios where there's no real gray area: Either you're for it, or against it.

I have to say that I agree with a previous post by PersonalAssistant regarding the viability of an older man's sperm for a younger woman to conceive. I'm for it, so long as all parties go in with eyes wide open.

Is it really a great idea? Personally, I think not, not into the 60s anyway. It boils down to each their own. After all, because there are so many young people (say, teens, though I'm not picking on them) having babies and not really knowing WTF they're doing, and Mom and Dad have to raise them (aka Grandparents as Caregivers) at the other option of them going into state custody ... I don't see the difference in an older man taking on making babies. If they can do it, more power to 'em!

Again, I'm mixed about it. So, I guess there is a little gray area.

(Simply click on any of the images to view my stories!)
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 2:35:28 PM

If that's what they want and they're prepared to be all in 100% then sure, why not?

Age doesn't stop you being a good parent.

There's plenty of older male celebrities who have fathered children later on like Rod Stewart.
Dudealicious
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 9:26:49 PM

Ashward95 wrote:

I didn't know that they have actually made it possible for a man to "have a child" yet...I think it would be best if the younger one's pioneered it prior to anyone 65+ trying it.

Just my My 2 cents

The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

Paige42985
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 10:53:55 PM

This is a subject that is close to my heart because my dad was 51 when he had me and my mom was 31! They both had previous marriages my mom didn't bring any kids into the marriage but my dad had 3 daughters besides my sister and I~ My sister and I are 11 months apart and my half sisters range in age from 60 63 and 65! Plus my dad at the age of 80 adopted my son! I don't know of any other father who would ever have done that at the age of 80! My dad died at the age of 92 and he was around to see my son graduate high school! I guess it all depends on the man and his stamina for taking on kids at a later age! I was lucky to have a dad who we all kept him young!

Believe in yourself and all things are possible
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:40:03 PM

This is to each there own answer really. But I have always liked the idea of having kids when young so you can watch them grow and have the fun with them.