Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Favorite Mod appreciation xoxo Options · View
sprite
Posted: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 8:45:31 AM

wilbert wrote:
A massive thank you to Syrianna. She gave me feedback and rather than just letting me struggle along she helped me edit my story. Not to mention her intellect and openness to teach ;) x

thank you for outing her. i'm going to have her removed now. clown

Love not hate.
sweet_as_candy
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 10:47:17 AM

BigJay23 wrote:
That's a tough one for me but id have say sweet_as_candy :) she has helped so much lately, you are a wonderful person and i appreciate everything you've done for me. Thank you so much!

Thank you for that lovely comment Hugs

Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:10:55 AM

Liz approved my first poem submission 'River of Noire'. My memorable interaction with her greatly inspired me and paved the way to some of my poems. I will never forget her. She is a true lady with a bright mind and an eye at seeing and correcting misses that I as the writer repeatedly commits on my poems. (lmao!...darn it never really learned my lesson...what a shame) She was very kind, very polite and precise on what I need to improve on. Never hesitates to lend a helping hand. Takes the initiative to help out when she can, without being asked for it. Her sincerity to really help and set the bar of standards warms my heart. (hugs and kisses to Liz).

Sprite was very encouraging and friendly. Never fails to make me smile. She has a kindred mod soul and spirit. She greatly inspired me to write one of my RR poem 'If Whores were Fairytales'. I had a lot of fun writing that poem because her, she never knew it till now. (hugs and kisses to Sprite).

And of course, these two gentlemen 'Buz' and 'Milik_the_red'.

Buz is one of the nicest moderator around. I don't have a clue what a 'moderator' was or what they do but because of him I now understand how some things work around here (he is quite becoming my 'lush101'..lol!...thanks Buz for all the answers to my questions). I learned to appreciate the time and effort each and every moderator invests to help keep things running around in this community. Another reason was my first RR poem 'Till we meet again' was approved by Buz. I will never forget that surreal moment. Thank you.

Red was very motivating. His approval, comments and words of encouragement were heartfelt and sincere. He was always ever kind to a neophyte, wanna-be-a-poet like me.clapping

Liz, Sprite, Buzz and Red (as moderators) will always have a special place in my poet's heart.

scarlet
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:14:37 AM

BabydollSlave wrote:
Rac is always there when I need someone. she is awesomeness in a tiny package. Im not sure how in the world she manages it all....maybe she has a secret twin to help?

No comment evil5 runs off to hide her twin
Master_Jonathan
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 6:07:55 AM

Well since I am a returning Lush member (having left and came back), I have no way of knowing who My first story was approved by but I am with others here in thanking all of the mods here who do such an amazing job. With the number of stories I have submitted, it would be a pretty fair assumption that I have hit all of the story mods at one time or another, but I do want to thank saga, MadameMolly, Sprite, sweet_as_candy, and Verity in particular for their wonderful help in getting My stories published and helping Me fix them when they needed it. And if I missed anyone else, I'm sorry!

Banner below is a clickable link!

marktreble
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 12:20:25 PM

My current Lushcrush is Pixie. Rather than rewrite an unclear paragraph, she sent it back to me because it made no sense to her.

Of course it made no sense to her. Chapter One had vanished into the ether and had never been seen, let alone verified. And, without Chapter One, this paragraph in Chapter Two made no sense.

That caused me to do three things:

1. Ask Pixie to withhold Two until One was published. She did!

2. Figure out how the heck to get Chapter One in for review. Finally!

3. Stop writing entire paragraphs that made no sense unless one had already memorized all preceding work. I'll make a new mistake next time.
Pixie
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:06:08 PM

marktreble wrote:
My current Lushcrush is Pixie. Rather than rewrite an unclear paragraph, she sent it back to me because it made no sense to her.

Of course it made no sense to her. Chapter One had vanished into the ether and had never been seen, let alone verified. And, without Chapter One, this paragraph in Chapter Two made no sense.

That caused me to do three things:

1. Ask Pixie to withhold Two until One was published. She did!

2. Figure out how the heck to get Chapter One in for review. Finally!

3. Stop writing entire paragraphs that made no sense unless one had already memorized all preceding work. I'll make a new mistake next time.

You are referring to the newest story mod, PixieDust. I am "Pixie" lol

♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:38:37 PM

Any mod who has rejected any of my stories.

It's through that rejection and the help they give that I've gotten better as a writer.

Thank you
sprite
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 3:13:34 PM

Haineko wrote:
Any mod who has rejected any of my stories.

It's through that rejection and the help they give that I've gotten better as a writer.

Thank you

i'll put a note to reject ALL your stories from now on so you get REALLY good. *giggles and runs*

Love not hate.
ChrissieLecker
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 3:31:57 PM

Why did I see that one coming? *scratches her head*

kiera
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 3:36:11 PM

They all do a great job but my fav is still a skunk followed by a Disney Princess who's S.O.H is more warped then mine lol please leave my wall alone Sprite I beseech you pmsl xo
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 3:48:39 PM

sprite wrote:

i'll put a note to reject ALL your stories from now on so you get REALLY good. *giggles and runs*

*digs around for riding crop & gives chase*
kathys_show
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 3:49:43 PM

I would like to send a big thank you to the Lush staff, and so many other author's that have offered their assistance in my attempt at writing. Everyone that has written me has offered their assistance.

I find this extraodinary! You would think most would be competitive against each other.
You know, each one wanting to be the best writer.

But the opposite is true, at least with me. I find that very refreshing that so many would
offer their assistance.

sweet_as_candy - Milik_Redman - and from what I've read in this forum - Lisa and Nicola all need that special thanks. I wish I wouldn't have deleted the messages from so many authors that offered to help. I would have posted their names as well. But a big thank you to all.

Kathy
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 4:00:49 PM

I can't speak for everyone but I feel when we help each other the whole genre benefits.

I personally love to help new authors. I don't know everything but I do know some & it just may be what they need.

Unless it's comma related. Fucking comma, devils punctuation that thing is
Dirty_D
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 6:00:47 PM

Haineko wrote:
I can't speak for everyone but I feel when we help each other the whole genre benefits.

I personally love to help new authors. I don't know everything but I do know some & it just may be what they need.

Unless it's comma related. Fucking comma, devils punctuation that thing is

Here you go, instant help. :D

Clum's super Fabulous comma guide

kathys_show
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 12:03:48 PM

TO: HAINEKO

I just had to write back after reading what you said about the COMMA.

"Fucking comma, devils punctuation that thing is"

I have to tell YOU Haineko. I literally broke out laughing when I read that. That may be the
absolute best description of the comma that I have ever seen. BRAVO !!!

At least it's nice to know that I'm not the only one that has problems with the comma.

Again BRAVO Haineko.

Kathy
NymphWriter
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 1:00:01 PM

I saw this thread and I had to look back to see who was the Mod for my first story, Dawson, and it was NaughtyNurse.

Since then I've had my share of rejections and approvals. I've pulled some due to content I chose not to change, and fixed most of the other. I owe Liz, Coco, and Buzz a big thank you for giving three of my stories a Recommended Read award (or you could say two since were given to the two separate parts of the same story.) Earning my first one was a shock and an honor. The other two, were even bigger shocks and bigger honors.

I can no more pick a favorite Mod than a favorite book or story. I love them all, even before I joined the team. They are hard working folks who often work behind the scenes with little to know recognition for all their hard work. I'm glad I found this thread and can thank the entire team. In the year an a half I've been a member, and the six months I've been a Mod now, I seen some great writers come and go, and so many grow and become great.

Thank you to all the great Mods. Those who were here before me, and to those who will join us later. I'm lucky to work with such a great team.

Dirty_D
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 1:03:51 PM

kathys_show wrote:
TO: HAINEKO

I just had to write back after reading what you said about the COMMA.

"Fucking comma, devils punctuation that thing is"

I have to tell YOU Haineko. I literally broke out laughing when I read that. That may be the
absolute best description of the comma that I have ever seen. BRAVO !!!

At least it's nice to know that I'm not the only one that has problems with the comma.

Again BRAVO Haineko.

Kathy

I will again recommend this guide. Clum (another fantastic mod) really did an excellent job making the comma easy to understand. It's a clever easy to read, and easy to understand piece that has helped many.

Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:07:21 PM

Clum's guide is awesome and does make it easier to use.

I still hate it. Even after reading it (which I have done a while ago) more of my stories have been rejected due to misuse of the comma than anything else.

I understand the comma, I just can't put it into practical use for some reason.

dpw
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:37:55 PM

Haineko wrote:
Clum's guide is awesome and does make it easier to use.

I still hate it. Even after reading it (which I have done a while ago) more of my stories have been rejected due to misuse of the comma than anything else.

I understand the comma, I just can't put it into practical use for some reason.

Read your story out loud to yourself. When you change intonation is a good rough guide to where you need a punctuation.
I was told that I comma splice! Now, I'll admit that I had never heard of it. However it is not wrong to do this as long as it isn't overdone.
Apparently it is a case of nations divided by a common language. In the UK it is used quite commonly but not across the pond. An interesting dilemma.
Dirty_D
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:45:05 PM

dpw wrote:

Read your story out loud to yourself. When you change intonation is a good rough guide to where you need a punctuation.
I was told that I comma splice! Now, I'll admit that I had never heard of it. However it is not wrong to do this as long as it isn't overdone.
Apparently it is a case of nations divided by a common language. In the UK it is used quite commonly but not across the pond. An interesting dilemma.

Used commonly is not used correctly.

Milik_the_Red
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:48:21 PM

kathys_show wrote:
I would like to send a big thank you to the Lush staff, and so many other author's that have offered their assistance in my attempt at writing. Everyone that has written me has offered their assistance.

I find this extraodinary! You would think most would be competitive against each other.
You know, each one wanting to be the best writer.

But the opposite is true, at least with me. I find that very refreshing that so many would
offer their assistance.

sweet_as_candy - Milik_Redman - and from what I've read in this forum - Lisa and Nicola all need that special thanks. I wish I wouldn't have deleted the messages from so many authors that offered to help. I would have posted their names as well. But a big thank you to all.

Kathy

On behalf of all of us I can just say thank you. We have volunteered not only to help the site, but to assist writers who want to learn. That's as important to me as any other part.

Surely silence can sometimes be the most eloquent of replies
- Unknown
kornslayer1
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 4:23:51 PM

I guess it'd be a tie between Madamemolly, and Buz. Both very nice, and write good stuff too.

Feel free to check out any of my stories. I have a few poems too.
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/taboo/the-horror-and-the-loving-lust-collide.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/my-valentines-day-life-sentence.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/taboo/my-step-brother-wants-me.aspx
sprite
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 5:58:14 PM

kornslayer1 wrote:
I guess it'd be a tie between Madamemolly, and Buz. Both very nice, and write good stuff too.

we actually just started something new; mod of the month - the first award went out to Molly. it was pretty unanimous. we're all very proud of her and personally, i think she rocks.

Love not hate.
kornslayer1
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 6:18:43 PM

sprite wrote:

we actually just started something new; mod of the month - the first award went out to Molly. it was pretty unanimous. we're all very proud of her and personally, i think she rocks.

I agree completely. How does mod of the month work exactly? Can members vote for them, or is it based on something else?

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/taboo/the-horror-and-the-loving-lust-collide.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/my-valentines-day-life-sentence.aspx
sprite
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 6:25:17 PM

kornslayer1 wrote:

I agree completely. How does mod of the month work exactly? Can members vote for them, or is it based on something else?

nope. the senior staff sort of just picks them based on who they think's done outstanding work here. that said, yeah, i do take a peek at this thread for feed back off and on.

Love not hate.
kornslayer1
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 6:29:15 PM

sprite wrote:

nope. the senior staff sort of just picks them based on who they think's done outstanding work here. that said, yeah, i do take a peek at this thread for feed back off and on.

Too bad, but all the mods deserve to win it, because they all are awesome.

RumpleForeskin
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 7:30:50 PM

I'd tip my hat to Wonder Mods RUTHIE and NYMPHWRITER except the glare off my bald head might strain their eyes. ;)

glasses8

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Becky -- FOR: Matt -- With Love:
a Festive contest winner – honest

HOW HUMANS DO IT: a fish-eye view of sex an Editor's Pick - no kidding

GETTING A LOT OF WHAT SHE WANTS a Recommended Read...believe it or not

dpw
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 6:09:59 AM

naughtynurse wrote:

Used commonly is not used correctly.

As I said in my post earlier it is not incorrect grammatically* when they are related*(edited in) . It is more a question of style.
RavenStar
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 6:45:20 AM

dpw wrote:

As I said in my post earlier it is not incorrect grammatically. It is more a question of style.

They're one of my biggest pet peeves. Comma splices, I mean. This is because there are many different ways to avoid them. A comma is not meant to be used to combine two independent clauses, unless it has a conjunction to go along with it. Here's a comma splice example for you:

I pulled his shirt off and wrapped it around his wrists, he struggled only slightly before submitting to my will.

(It was painful to write that, by the way.)

Fixing that is so easy. There are so many ways to do it!

I pulled his shirt off and wrapped it around his wrists, and he struggled only slightly before submitting to my will.

I pulled his shirt off and wrapped it around his wrists; he struggled only slightly before submitting to my will.

I pulled his shirt off and wrapped it around his wrists. He struggled only slightly before submitting to my will.

All of the above are more correct than the comma splice. All it would take is a moment to change punctuation, capitalize a letter, or add a simple 'and'.

So, in light of this, I posit that most of the instances of comma splicing that we see are not intentional 'style', but rather carelessness, laziness or simple lack of knowledge regarding proper punctuation.