Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Wealth Destruction Options · View
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:14:13 AM

slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think that was kinda the point.

Felix? A tongue-in-cheek chauvinist? Really? NAW!munky2
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 4:14:19 AM

It could, in the right hands, make for an interesting movie.
curious3045
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:09:32 AM

I agree with many above me in saying that why ask this question. Just give us you opinion, they are like assholes, everyone has one and most think their opinion is the correct one. I am not even going to try and answer it. Just tell us what you see going on and why. If you want to argue these points run for office, you definitely are passionate about it.

Just my humble opinion Embarassed

My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
Dani
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:17:13 AM

curious3045 wrote:
everyone has one and everyone thinks theirs rules.

For the record, I don't think my asshole rules anything. Whistle

"Bitch, who asked you?" - A Bitch Who Didn't Ask You

Magical_felix
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:41:35 AM

Kristind wrote:

Is that the same as "A black man or a woman will never be President?" I could go on ad nauseam but I think by now you understand how chauvinist a statement that is.

Always has been and always will be? Shame on you.

Look at this woman talking up to me.

I could be wrong, but I think that was kinda the point.

Of course you could be wrong, you're a woman. But yes, you are - miraculously - right this time.

Dani
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:02:29 PM

Magical_felix wrote:

Of course you could be wrong, you're a woman. But yes, you are - miraculously - right this time.

Hold my nuts.

"Bitch, who asked you?" - A Bitch Who Didn't Ask You

curious3045
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 12:26:11 PM

For the record, I don't think my asshole rules anything. Whistle

Sorry dear, kind of a play on words,,, if you will dontknow I was in agreement though crybaby

My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
1ball
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 9:18:45 PM

curious3045 wrote:
Just tell us what you see going on and why.

What I see going on is some people having difficulty saying, "Not as far as I can tell" when asked whether wealth destruction by the owner of the wealth is violating anyone's right to the wealth. Why they have this problem is unknown. This is part of a series of questions. The next will come when this has been played out.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Monocle
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 10:04:10 PM

'What you see going on' in this thread has been flat wrong more than once already, so I can't say another instance of that is a surprise.
sprite
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:52:37 AM

1ball wrote:

What I see going on is some people having difficulty saying, "Not as far as I can tell" when asked whether wealth destruction by the owner of the wealth is violating anyone's right to the wealth. Why they have this problem is unknown. This is part of a series of questions. The next will come when this has been played out.

not as far as i can tell. there. can we move on now? :)

Live, love, laugh.
Metilda
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 11:46:07 AM

Gold is not regulated like the oil market to ensure far reaching obtainment. Gold is sold to who ever can buy it. Countries who buy good pay for it just like everyone else. No one is entitled to it.

He's silly for going to Dexter Morgan like extremes for no reason.

I he's the wealthiest man in the world he's likely not a CEO nor would it be easy for him to lose wealth.

You're not obligated to keep a business running. If your debts are paid off you can do whatever you want. Retire and sell, stay on the tab - whatever.

There's nothing he's tied to which someone else is entitled to. He's not boxing up people's air.

1ball
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 8:54:24 PM

Monocle wrote:
You're certainly good at asserting you know what other people want, believe and do, 1ball. Blatant assertion, however, is not critical thinking.

If you're referring to LadyX, we've had previous conversations about her magical thinking.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Monocle
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 9:09:58 PM

1ball wrote:

If you're referring to LadyX, we've had previous conversations about her magical thinking.

I was referring to multiple occasions in this thread.
1ball
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 9:49:28 PM

Monocle wrote:

I was referring to multiple occasions in this thread.

As the originator of the exercise, why would it be up to me to display critical thinking? Perhaps if you would post a critical thinking exercise, I would show you how it's done.

1ball
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 9:53:19 PM

sprite wrote:
can we move on now? :)

I'm giving agrippa a chance to illuminate.

Monocle
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:03:44 PM

1ball wrote:

As the originator of the exercise, why would it be up to me to display critical thinking?

You don't want to abide by the rules you've set for others?

Quote:
Perhaps if you would post a critical thinking exercise, I would show you how it's done.

What a lovely, kind, patronizing offer. Pass.
sprite
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:11:47 PM

1ball wrote:

I'm giving agrippa a chance to illuminate.

maybe he doesn't want to :)

Live, love, laugh.
1ball
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:27:34 PM

sprite wrote:

maybe he doesn't want to :)

or can't.

LadyX
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:29:39 PM

1ball wrote:

It's true, I can vouch for this. At the time, I was also doing case studies of misanthropes. I learned a lot. Though, try as he might, he gets zero credit for my magic skills, which are 100% self-cultivated.
sprite
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:29:51 PM

1ball wrote:

or can't.

or has better things to do.

Live, love, laugh.
1ball
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:33:45 PM

Monocle wrote:
You don't want to abide by the rules you've set for others?

If I answer the question, I will. Same rules for everyone.

1ball
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:38:03 PM

LadyX wrote:

It's true, I can vouch for this. At the time, I was also doing case studies of misanthropes. I learned a lot. Though, try as he might, he gets zero credit for my magic skills, which are 100% self-cultivated.

Credit for your ability to outsmoke your cognitive dissonance? Who would want that.

sprite
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:40:58 PM

1ball wrote:

Credit for your ability to outsmoke your cognitive dissonance? Who would want that.

oh oh! i know the answer to that one! pick me! me! *bounces on the balls of my feet*

Live, love, laugh.
LadyX
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:50:23 PM

1ball wrote:

Well there's that winning personality: taking a throwaway joke and using it literally.

You know, if you can't sway anyone using objectivist dogma handbook exercises, I'm sure your charm will help shore up the cause. And in the odd occurrence of that failing too, you're welcome to cash in a free hug or two in the Feel Tank. You just might find yourself in need of one. Think about it, Chuck. Lwinking
Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 4:16:22 AM

1ball wrote:

Perhaps if you would post a critical thinking exercise, I would show you how it's done.

If one ball is not there to clang against the other ball? Does it make a noise at all?

If there is no pair does anyone really care?

If no one cares, does one ball act out of despair?

Marie_SexyCD
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 5:33:35 AM

Technically he has removed some percentage of the total global wealth, there being only a finite amount of precious metals to start with and consequentially made the divisions of such metals more valuable as each fraction thereof is now a greater percentage of the whole. So in this respect , his actions HAVE NOT resulted in the removal or devaluation of wealth held by another entity EXCEPT that nation/country from whence he removed his business affairs from to distribute in far flung treasure troves( This to be understood to describe singular human, company, organization, nation and/or any descriptive appellation that pertains).

His actions have deprived the country of his origin from one of the two following: 1) the value of the estate tax due should he be from a nation like the USA where transfered estates, EXCEPT those legally exempted from said tax, are levied at the rate of, current as of this writing for top bracket, 40%. 2) The amount of monies that would be spent by his heirs, into private business, public taxes, federal taxes etc..

M~LNs
Monocle
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 6:18:48 AM

1ball wrote:

If I answer the question, I will. Same rules for everyone.

Since you're part of 'everyone', and you've used mockery, insult, incredulity, dismissal, and unsupported assertion in several 'arguments' in this thread, I conclude you consider them to be either tools of critical thinking, or valid, productive forms of discussion or dialog. They are neither.

"Same rules applies to everyone" also invites others to call your statements "bullshit" and a host of other dismissive or derisive verbiage.
1ball
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 8:24:08 AM

Monocle wrote:

Since you're part of 'everyone', and you've used mockery, insult, incredulity, dismissal, and unsupported assertion in several 'arguments' in this thread, I conclude you consider them to be either tools of critical thinking, or valid, productive forms of discussion or dialog. They are neither.

"Same rules applies to everyone" also invites others to call your statements "bullshit" and a host of other dismissive or derisive verbiage.

Are you holding others in this thread to the same standard you're holding me? Yourself for instance?

LadyX
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 8:26:32 AM

Monocle wrote:

To his credit, though, he's only resorted to that when people don't buy his narrative wholesale. As the holder of all truths, he's sort of compelled to let others know when they've lost their way, even if it's tough love. So if you decide to reject what he's delivered from the mountaintop via stone tablet, and instead choose to live in willful denial (otherwise known as: actual life, with shades of grey, and pieces and parts of different ideologies which have their own strengths and weaknesses), then be prepared to be dismissed, told your points are irrelevant/bullshit/babble, followed by something about wanting people to buy you stuff and a feel tank reference or two. At some point you also might be asked who owns your life. Fair warning, for whatever it's worth.
1ball
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 8:38:54 AM

Marie_SexyCD wrote:
His actions have deprived the country of his origin from one of the two following: 1) the value of the estate tax due should he be from a nation like the USA where transfered estates, EXCEPT those legally exempted from said tax, are levied at the rate of, current as of this writing for top bracket, 40%. 2) The amount of monies that would be spent by his heirs, into private business, public taxes, federal taxes etc..

But are the citizens of his country entitled to those? He has not transferred his wealth within the borders of the country, so no transfer tax would apply. He could have just bought assets in another country and accomplished the same thing, as far as his country is concerned.