Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Why so many Kitty's?? Options · View
SydneySider
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:23:23 AM

Rank: Candy Connoisseur
Moderator

Joined: 11/6/2011
Posts: 2,104
Location: Sydney, Australia
I dont get it. Why is "Kitty" so popular as part of peoples usernames? What does it signify? Yeah, Im bored and in the mood for asking stupid questions. But I still dont get the whole kitty thing..

Guest
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:48:08 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 694,120
Silly answer - you pet a pussy right and they purr
Jinxy
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:05:46 AM

Rank: Princess Blondie

Joined: 10/10/2012
Posts: 3,095
Location: In His Heart, United States
I have a few friends who either have it as a name, or its their nick. It's usually a persona. Either who they think they truly are or the idea of being a cute little kitty someone needs to take care of. I've seen a thread show casing their kitty side. Its also a good name to be used by Master's. I think its unoriginal. If that's what makes em happy, ok then.

†Jinxy Approved†

Crows_kitten
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:47:34 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 8/25/2013
Posts: 32
Location: United States
I can't speak for everyone, but for me the name is one of the most used ones that my Master uses when talking to me, so I am his kitten. I think I earned it because I'm always so curious, playful, and easily distracted by random things, which can land me in a bit of hot water at times! It may not be some original name, but it is a cute and affectionate nickname to me. :)
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:48:51 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 694,120
My Kitty name actually has very little to do with anything sexual. I like cats and have often ascribed myself with cat-like behaviours - mewing, purring, even just pouncing around like a wee cat. Yes, I am someone's Kitty and she is my Kitten. It's really just an extension of my personality - cute, cuddly, but really quite independent, oh and in no way cocky, by saying I'm cute and cuddly, I'm just echoing other folk who have said I am. Who am I to disagree?
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:15:47 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 694,120
GingerKitty wrote:
My Kitty name actually has very little to do with anything sexual. I like cats and have often ascribed myself with cat-like behaviours - mewing, purring, even just pouncing around like a wee cat. Yes, I am someone's Kitty and she is my Kitten. It's really just an extension of my personality - cute, cuddly, but really quite independent, oh and in no way cocky, by saying I'm cute and cuddly, I'm just echoing other folk who have said I am. Who am I to disagree?



Yep a cute and cuddly kitty who can't write haiku for shit kekekegay
Katje
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:39:37 PM

Rank: Buxom Enigma
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2013
Posts: 2,030
Location: The center of my fantasyland, United States
"Unoriginal" is maybe in the eye of the beholder. Each kitty persona is different. We're like snowflakes.

I'm a pet, it's part of who I am. Whether people "understand" or "get it" doesn't really matter so long as the one who cares for me cherishes me for who I am.

Mine originated from a relationship I had with a wonderful Daddy Dom that started calling me kitty because I tend to purr in contentment after an orgasm. As he called me kitty, and started treating me in such a loving manner, it became part of me and I relish it. I'm not some stereotypical petgirl from BDSM fame, and I like it that way.


(Simply click on any of the images to view my stories!)
Poppet
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:07:55 PM

Rank: Sweetest Cricket

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 5,974
Location: In Your Dark Fantasies, United States
I've been called Kitty and Kitten and it’s mainly to do with that fact that I’m very playful and curious about many things, and no, not just sexually. I just like exploring, finding new things to get in.

Another thing is, I do tend to purr or close to like purr noises through and after orgasms. It’s mostly after sex is done, and I’m coming down from my high of it all. I also do it when being cuddled, and lightly touched.

It’s a mix of things. I’m fine not being referred to either though. Only one person uses it now and he’s simply a friend.

A lot of people have valid reasons to be a Kitty or Kitten, and yes some people are just unoriginal.


Click the photo for direct link for the book.
Jinxy
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:20:35 PM

Rank: Princess Blondie

Joined: 10/10/2012
Posts: 3,095
Location: In His Heart, United States
Poppet wrote:
I've been called Kitty and Kitten and it’s mainly to do with that fact that I’m very playful and curious about many things, and no, not just sexually. I just like exploring, finding new things to get in.

Another thing is, I do tend to purr or close to like purr noises through and after orgasms. It’s mostly after sex is done, and I’m coming down from my high of it all. I also do it when being cuddled, and lightly touched.

It’s a mix of things. I’m fine not being referred to either though. Only one person uses it now and he’s simply a friend.

A lot of people have valid reasons to be a Kitty or Kitten, and yes some people are just unoriginal.

You make a better Cricket <3 Let others be a Kitty/Kitten not that u choose it, but u know what I mean.

†Jinxy Approved†

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:49:46 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,780
Location: Your dirty fantasy
It's kind of like being a 'furry' but without dressing up (necessarily), right? Like your inner animal persona etc. I notice there is a distinct culture around it. I assume a lot of cat owners and people who like being collared are drawn to it too, so I can see the BDSM influence in a way.

If it makes people happy, it's all good.

Has anyone ever been romantically (or sexually) involved with someone who was anti-kitty? Like they didn't get it or were weirded out by it or your needs? How do you handle it? Can you closet your inner-kitty for the sake of a relationship or is it so integral to you that it would be impossible to do this?

Interesting thread!

Katje
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:50:29 PM

Rank: Buxom Enigma
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2013
Posts: 2,030
Location: The center of my fantasyland, United States
Dancing_Doll wrote:
It's kind of like being a 'furry' but without dressing up (necessarily), right? Like your inner animal persona etc. I notice there is a distinct culture around it. I assume a lot of cat owners and people who like being collared are drawn to it too, so I can see the BDSM influence in a way.

If it makes people happy, it's all good.

Has anyone ever been romantically (or sexually) involved with someone who was anti-kitty? Like they didn't get it or were weirded out by it or your needs? How do you handle it? Can you closet your inner-kitty for the sake of a relationship or is it so integral to you that it would be impossible to do this?

Interesting thread!


It was actually a fairly recent relationship that I found out that I liked being cared for and cherished as one would a much-loved kitty.

My nature as a kitty has always been there, looking back. My literal purrs of contentment, my habit of rubbing my face along a leg, or his chest or shoulder ... It's just part of who I am. I haven't had the opportunity to try out a relationship with a man that wasn't okay with my kitty nature.


(Simply click on any of the images to view my stories!)
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:28:34 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 694,120
well my username comes from my cat, Maggie. I was tierd of my other username and thought Maggiecat was a good one. I do like acting like a cat on here though its kind of fun. Guys seem to like when I act silly like a cat.cat
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:40:42 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 694,120
trinket wrote:



Yep a cute and cuddly kitty who can't write haiku for shit kekekegay


Who says I want shit?
Do I look like a farmer,
Though I must agree.

Yeah, I'm trying, I just can't get this haiku thing down.
Buz
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:03:59 PM

Rank: The Linebacker
Moderator

Joined: 3/2/2011
Posts: 8,072
Location: Atlanta, United States
SydneySider wrote:
I dont get it. Why is "Kitty" so popular as part of peoples usernames? But I still dont get the whole kitty thing..


These guys are wondering the same thing...



Guest
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:21:09 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 694,120
Well for my name kitty does mean pussy...BUT Kitty is also a nickname for me.
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:27:59 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 694,120
Dancing_Doll wrote:
It's kind of like being a 'furry' but without dressing up (necessarily), right? Like your inner animal persona etc. I notice there is a distinct culture around it. I assume a lot of cat owners and people who like being collared are drawn to it too, so I can see the BDSM influence in a way.

If it makes people happy, it's all good.

Has anyone ever been romantically (or sexually) involved with someone who was anti-kitty? Like they didn't get it or were weirded out by it or your needs? How do you handle it? Can you closet your inner-kitty for the sake of a relationship or is it so integral to you that it would be impossible to do this?

Interesting thread!


For me, it's nothing like being a furry. It is more like the inner animal persona, but it goes deeper than that. It isn't merely a persona, but I am just as much Kitty as I am Andrew. They are both me, we are both intertwined. I like BDSM, but it is less about that - the BDSM thing is just because I enjoy BDSM, nothing to do with being Kitty.

I've never come across anyone who is anti-Kitty, some do get a little weirded out, but they do accept it because it's just so damned cute. I would not stop being me or hide away a part of me, just because someone can't handle it. You either get over it, or just, to be blunt, get the fuck out.

I don't call myself A Kitty because I am not part of a fetish group, I am part of a me group. I am Kitty, not merely A kitty. Andrew is Kitty and Kitty is Andrew, we don't conform to what other people think of as "kitty". We are a rebel Kitty!
SydneySider
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 4:18:07 AM

Rank: Candy Connoisseur
Moderator

Joined: 11/6/2011
Posts: 2,104
Location: Sydney, Australia
So, no love for mans best friend?? No one wants to be a puppy?? Even a fictitious creature like a dragon is more popular than a dog. I wont go there though, I'll offend someone. Thanks for your feedback guys. I guess I kinda have a better understanding.

AngelHeart01
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:32:15 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/23/2010
Posts: 3,207
Location: ♥ Southern Style ♥, United States
SydneySider wrote:
So, no love for mans best friend?? No one wants to be a puppy?? Even a fictitious creature like a dragon is more popular than a dog. I wont go there though, I'll offend someone.


I agree. Shhh

Good Question too (bored or not)
Katje
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:36:31 PM

Rank: Buxom Enigma
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2013
Posts: 2,030
Location: The center of my fantasyland, United States
SydneySider wrote:
So, no love for mans best friend?? No one wants to be a puppy?? Even a fictitious creature like a dragon is more popular than a dog. I wont go there though, I'll offend someone. Thanks for your feedback guys. I guess I kinda have a better understanding.


I actually have a friend who refuses to call me kitty because he feels it's overused. So he actually calls me pup. He's a dog person, anyway. LOL

When it boils down to it, I prefer dogs myself. I just identify better with a kitty.


(Simply click on any of the images to view my stories!)
hayley
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:15:32 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/19/2012
Posts: 1,102
Location: NYC, United States
SydneySider wrote:
So, no love for mans best friend?? No one wants to be a puppy?? Even a fictitious creature like a dragon is more popular than a dog. I wont go there though, I'll offend someone. Thanks for your feedback guys. I guess I kinda have a better understanding.


only men want to be puppies.. those that want to be pets.. or so they tell me in the Chat Rooms.. now where did I put those collars and chains .. giggles

hayley
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:18:40 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/19/2012
Posts: 1,102
Location: NYC, United States
kitty.. mmm = kat = cat = pussy?

omg sorry Katrina.. sorry Katherine.. sorry kitty... i'll make it up to u.. Embarassed giggles

ok so it's a silly supposition? .. but I am going to be so busy atoning for it Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.