Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Giving up coffee for a month Options · View
SecretLush
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 2:50:48 PM

SecretLush
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 2:52:44 PM

I have not thoroughly and completely read every response to this, so forgive me if I am repeating anything. I am not saying you should not give up caffeine and/or red wine. I WOULD, however, like to offer that for every "negative" review of coffee and red wine, there are also many many benefits as well. My advice would be: if you're trying to give yourself a healthier lifestyle, instead of giving things you love like coffee and red wine, consider modifying other parts of your diet. Obviously, I do not know what you eat on a regular basis, but switching from white bread to wheat bread or from full fat creamer to fat free creamer may have the same or even more benefits than cutting coffee and/or red wine from your diet. I consider myself a healthy eater, moderate exerciser with overall good health. I would never in MY own life give up coffee or red wine. I have probably 1.5 cups of coffee per day (on average) and roughly 3-4 glasses of red wine per week. These are some of my favorite things to consume - the health "benefit" would not be worth the quality of life change.

Here are a few resources to get you started on the health BENEFITS of coffee and red wine. I do understand there are negative qualities of both - I just wanted to give you another perspective. Maybe you could choose some other part of your life/diet to change if coffee/red wine are as important to you as they are me!

charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/947/Ten_Benefits_of_Coffee_for_Health_Performance_Body.aspx

mayoclinic.com/health/red-wine/HB00089

fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/4-health-benefits-of-red-wine.html

lifehacker.com/5986506/the-science-behind-coffee-and-why-its-actually-good-for-your-health
DanielleX
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 12:54:03 PM

I need my morning caffeine fix. Could I give it up for a month but only after 9 o'clock?

Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:20:05 PM

no thank you, not a consideration. i don't drink or smoke. coffee is my vice and i don't plan on stopping. besides sexually it charges me up, the feeling is multiplied. why would i say no to that?
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 10:58:10 PM

Heavy fuel intake down 100% over the last two weeks. Loves me some Java, but I can do without the coffee.

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
Ardentmale
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 11:48:47 PM

Probably got a better chance of getting me to stop breathing for a month...lol

characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:28:01 PM

Go without coffee? It's a sacred part of my morning ritual.

Really, I'm just weak, I couldn't put myself through the withdrawl symptoms.
Frank
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:10:15 PM

Of all our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney

Posted: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:32:37 PM

HATE coffee!!! The smell and taste...
coffeekid63
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:22:31 AM

PLEASE say it isn't so!!
paul_moadib
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 4:41:59 AM

Yes. I'm a habitual coffee drinker, normally average 2 cups filter coffee a day, black no sugar.

10 years ago it used to be average 4 cups a day.

I started getting palpitations and weird light-headedness a few years ago, at which point I cut it out completely for a month or so and boy does it make a difference.

I felt SO much more awake all the time and really alert all day and slept better etc. If I had the will power I would stay off of it for good but damn it, coffee is my one vice! I love it too much.
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 8:42:10 PM

nicola wrote:
In a bid to improve my inner health, I'm going to stop drinking coffee (well, caffeinated coffee as a start - decaf for a week, then none) for a month. I've not done this since I first started drinking coffee regularly, probably 1985.

http://www.squidoo.com/CoffeeHarm

A few cups per day are fine judging by the research, however I've been consuming probably 3-4 per day for a long time, and want to cut it out. Coffee is particularly bad for your kidneys - along with red wine, another of my favourite vices I need to cut back on 3601

I've read that caffeine is the main ingredient in coffee to do harm, particularly to the nervous system, however decaf isn't that much better from the looks of things: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/is-decaffeinated-coffee-bad-for-you.html (and it still contains up to 3% of the caffeine).

A friend of mine did it successfully and stayed off coffee for months and months. One day she had a cup of caffeinated coffee served to her by accident, and said she was shaking at the end of it.

Has anyone tried to do this themselves? coffee

I have relied on coffee forever now, I'm to afraid to get up in the morning without it. Man-o-man would I be a bitch without it..

Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 8:44:37 PM

I hit the quote key lol, don't know what happened, my line is below it haha. Sorry Nicola I'm the bitch without it ooops.

Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 7:36:33 AM

I cut back from my one cup a day habit. Now when I drink one I'm up later than I want to be or I wake up in the middle of the night. Not fun.
angieseroticpen
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 8:50:04 AM

Frankly, I never pay attention to health scare stories. Not a week goes by without some so called expert or group giving out warnings that this or that is bad for you. If they are to be believed the human race would have died out years ago. The truth is we are living longer and healthier despite all these so called bad dietary foods and drinks that we consume. The problem mankind has is how to cope with an ageing population. What is really bad for you is believing what these killjoys are saying. If it was left to them we would be left to eat a few lettuce leaves every day with a couple of glasses of water for refreshment. How dreadful life would be!

Everything that is edible is good for you when taken in moderation.

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
sugarbaby93
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 9:59:48 AM

I'll never give up coffee. I know my limits and I have a cutoff point at a certain time every day. Sleep is onpoint.
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 5:41:07 PM

I have given up coffee a number of times in my life to help myself recover from various health issues. But I always come back to it because I frankly like it.

However, I can not have many of the foods nearly all of you eat many times a day in some cases. But for every taste bud I have, I have found new foods to satisfy them. You would be very surprised at what you can give up, and what would be delicious without hurting yourself. It all depends on your ability to remain flexible in life, to save your life.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:51:32 PM

Might wanna rethink giving up coffee for tea...

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 6:01:32 AM

Love the stuff. We grind our own beans, like lots of people, and make it exactly how we like it. I only drink 3 -4 cups a day, which I don't think is over doing it.
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 7:15:58 AM

Omg! I'd die lol
ajm45
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 12:43:11 PM

I'll never be able to give up coffee, but I applaud those of you who can! I've been doing really well just to cut back to 3-4 cups a day.

[And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.]
jollyjack
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:10:17 PM

Holy Moly...... Just discovered this forum page. My normal intake of coffee (for past 20+ years) has been in excess of 15 cups (mugs) per day.
I drink x amount of red wine.
On the flip side, I exercise regularly, eat a tonne of fruit and veg.....we have one life folks - live it.

My Karma just ran over your Dogma
BabydollSlave
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 6:26:15 AM

I cant give it up, but when i got married (to a noncoffee person) i believe i completely freaked him out when he saw how much i drink....if i remember correctly he said, oh my gods you drink your weight in coffee a day....something like that Embarassed ironically i am small, but still. I am down to just 2 mugs (rather large in size) of decaf a day per his wishes and my doctor but sigh....i could never completely stop

I wish you luck Nicola....

my newest :)
insatiable
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2013 11:09:13 PM

actually coffee is good for you, of course in moderation..it prevents colon cancer and other types of cancers too..decaff not so much..i drink a cup of coffee a day and I feel fine..there are days when I don't drink coffee at all so my body doesn't rely on the caffeine intake..
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2013 2:18:50 PM

Nick so are you making it or no?
Robz17
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2013 2:36:17 PM

I used to drink coffee all day every day, but found that it made me hyperactive towards the end of the day. I limit myself to one coffee a day, normally by 11am, and am far more relaxed as a result
SereneProdigy
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2013 3:32:24 PM

I'm a coffee addict. Well, I don't drink that much (1-2 cups/day), but I don't remember not drinking any coffee at all since the past 8 years or so.

kornslayer1
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2013 4:49:58 PM

I could give it up for the rest of my life. In my life, I've had about 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup of coffee. I hated it when I first tried it, and I've tried a few sips since then. I can't stand it, and other than the caffeine, I just don't get it.

I don't have anything recommended by the mods, but I'm sure you'll be satisfied with any of my stories. I work hard on each one and do my best to capture the reader. Give any of them a whirl. Here are a few favorites.
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/seduction/the-night-i-saw-my-step-mom-masturbating.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/the-fight-of-a-lifetime-1.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/my-daughters-tutor.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/taking-revenge-with-my-step-son.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/taboo/my-step-brother-wants-me.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/we-met-on-lushstoriescom-1.aspx
BiMale73
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 6:47:48 PM

When at work I drink 4-6 cups a day, but on other days I hardly ever drink coffee at all. Tea sometimes. I work 4 days a week, so on average it seems not all that bad ;)

theFreakyRican
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2013 6:00:48 PM

I dont drink coffee at all. Never cared for the taste. Though I tried this with Soda for a month. Essentially it is almost the same. I think.