Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

New Here! Got Questions! Options · View
Pintero
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 10:16:05 AM

Hey folks, didn't know where to post this so I thought, why not here?

Anyhow, I'm new to the site and I was wondering if there are any rules about posting pictures with your stories? The pictures I have for mine are from various places online, and I just chose them to give the reader an idea of what the characters look like.
Anyhow, advice is welcome, and I look forward to posting my stories soon.

Oh, one more thing, is there a pre-posting area where you can post a story for editing or scrutiny, or do I just have to rely on "learning the ropes"?
Thanks!
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 3:20:32 PM

You have to either own the picture, or have permission from the copyright owner. Also you can only post links in the forum once you have 20 posts, just on a related note, in case you wondered.

As for pre-posting area, there isn't, but you can always ask a friend to look over it. Pay attention to feedback and don't be offended if it seems harsh.
Pintero
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 3:44:08 PM

GingerKitty wrote:
You have to either own the picture, or have permission from the copyright owner. Also you can only post links in the forum once you have 20 posts, just on a related note, in case you wondered.

As for pre-posting area, there isn't, but you can always ask a friend to look over it. Pay attention to feedback and don't be offended if it seems harsh.

Hmmm. So I could link to the pictures then? Also, I was under the impression that stories were just posted on the site, not necessarily the forum.
sprite
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 3:49:28 PM

we allow you to post a single picture with your story, as long as it complies to the same guidelines used in the general forums.

Live, love, laugh.
Pintero
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 4:15:20 PM

sprite wrote:
we allow you to post a single picture with your story, as long as it complies to the same guidelines used in the general forums.

Right, so it can't be copyrighted or you have to have written permission. What about a link to a picture then in it's original place on the web?
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 11:16:13 PM

Pintero wrote:

Hmmm. So I could link to the pictures then? Also, I was under the impression that stories were just posted on the site, not necessarily the forum.

Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough (I do that sometimes, bear with me). Stories are posted only to the site. I was just saying on a semi-related note, you have to have 20 forum posts to post links in the forum, which includes your signature area, which is a good way to get your stories seen. As for posting a link to the picture on your story, I don't think that's possible, though it might be a good idea to be able to do, the only downside I could see is if the original site deletes the picture.
Pintero
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2013 1:10:29 PM

GingerKitty wrote:

Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough (I do that sometimes, bear with me). Stories are posted only to the site. I was just saying on a semi-related note, you have to have 20 forum posts to post links in the forum, which includes your signature area, which is a good way to get your stories seen. As for posting a link to the picture on your story, I don't think that's possible, though it might be a good idea to be able to do, the only downside I could see is if the original site deletes the picture.

Damn. Ok, well, could I put pictures beside the link to my stories in my signature?