Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

You may notice the votes on stories changing Options · View
Noreasonneeded
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2013 10:33:19 PM

mare24
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:36:06 AM

I write for myself, and you enjoy it then so much the better, but I have to admit I was wondering who I pissed off lol.
nicola
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:49:10 AM

mare24 wrote:
I write for myself, and you enjoy it then so much the better, but I have to admit I was wondering who I pissed off lol.

He's targeting the entire site, I wouldn't take it personally. The man is a delusional schizophrenic.
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 1:24:56 AM

Noreasonneeded wrote:
Maybe someone could just turn off all the electric to Brisbane?

Just Kidding, of course. :)
Thanks for all the hard work behind the scenes!

HEY! Don't you DARE do that crybaby .............. and no, I am not that person or from that area. Just sayin it would be not nice to punish everyone for the fucktardedness of one person :p

Yes, thank you to Lush for trying to fix this. It's been a long hard slog from what I hear.

naughtyannie
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 2:57:55 AM

Maybe you could just tweak the programming to change all his four scores to fives?

Just a suggestion lol

Why not have a read of this classic tale of dangerous exhibitionism? Public exposure on London's tube network....

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/exhibitionism/exposing-myself.aspx

And who knows, with your help it might even become a Legendary Story!

Mazza
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 5:09:11 AM

I've noticed that my scores seem to have taken a hit across the board. I usually get that and I do have anonymous voting switched on, so I do leave myself open for that.
What did cross my mind was that there are a lot more members on lush now and that they will have come from other sites. I wondered if perhaps voting was just more honest these days, with less fives being doled out?

Nothing to see here...
nicola
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 5:18:29 AM

I'm all for honest voting, and less of a "friend" impact, when it comes to scores.

However, take a look at the IP addresses in the screenshot I posted Mazza. The same person has scored that particular story over half a dozen times. I don't care if they are all 4's or all 1's, it's the principle of the matter.

It's a mild irritation, nothing more.
RejectReality
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:33:19 AM

Noticed it as well when a couple of new(ish) stories plummeted.

I leave my voting wide open, so I expect it, really. There are always going to be people trying to game the system for one reason or another.

Mazza
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:37:04 AM

nicola wrote:
I'm all for honest voting, and less of a "friend" impact, when it comes to scores.

However, take a look at the IP addresses in the screenshot I posted Mazza. The same person has scored that particular story over half a dozen times. I don't care if they are all 4's or all 1's, it's the principle of the matter.

It's a mild irritation, nothing more.

Yes, I know...

I kind of like leaving my voting open so that anyone can vote (and I realise that this isn't the case with this guy) and I think that because of that, my votes are probably more realistic than a string of "forced" 5s with comments.

I always feel that open voting is inclusive of anyone who visits the site - who knows, maybe it will encourage them to join up, so that they can comment on stories too?

Like Sprite said before (and I agree) a 4 is a good vote and doesn't require explanation... 3 or below is not so good and if I get a vote like that, it would be good to get an explanation as to why...

Nothing to see here...
sprite
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 9:17:03 AM

Mazza wrote:

3 or below is not so good and if I get a vote like that, it would be good to get an explanation as to why...

i don't like Scots. there. how's that? don't tell Clum! *giggles and runs*

Love not hate.
nicola
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 5:55:28 PM

Quote:
Successfully wiped all scores, updated 1144 stories

That's one IP block taken care of, now for the rest.

Imagine how much time it would have taken to vote down all those, the scores wiped off at the touch of a button giggle
Coco
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 8:03:12 PM

nicola wrote:

That's one IP block taken care of, now for the rest.

Imagine how much time it would have taken to vote down all those, the scores wiped off at the touch of a button giggle

Holy smokes, that's just ONE wipe?

Shylass
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:38:43 AM

Coco wrote:

Holy smokes, that's just ONE wipe?

And I thought I needed to get out more! kekekegay

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Shylass
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:00:30 AM

Out of interest, does this guy leave comments, too? Or just the scores?

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
nicola
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:01:38 AM

If anyone is in the centre of Brisbane at the moment, you might be able to find him going about his business here right now - this is one of his favourite spots, probably a free wifi connection at the mall / bus station:

Another 102 votes wiped.
Shylass
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:08:29 AM

lol

nicola
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:13:11 AM

Shylass wrote:
Out of interest, does this guy leave comments, too? Or just the scores?

Both.

The comments are usually along the lines that the story has been stolen, or that it doesn't deserve the number of votes / score it's received.

Sometimes he delights authors with personal notes along the same lines, trying to cause disharmony.

I know the owners of some other sites which have similar lunatics, it happens everywhere.

They are a nuisance to society, online and off. I feel sorry for him most of all.

Shylass
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:17:58 AM

nicola wrote:

Both.

The comments are usually along the lines that the story has been stolen, or that it doesn't deserve the number of votes / score it's received.

Sometimes he delights authors with personal notes along the same lines, trying to cause disharmony.

I know the owners of some other sites which have similar lunatics, it happens everywhere.

They are a nuisance to society, online and off. I feel sorry for him most of all.

Ah, I just reported one, sorry, and sent a Contact Us message in saying I wasn't sure if I should have. I'm so fick that I wasn't actually sure what he was trying to say. kekekegay But I understand now.

Illness is a terrible thing, but there are also limits. I truly hope he gets the help he needs, before the "help" he might find doled out is given. It's sad but true that cases like this often don't end happily.

SydneySider
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 7:01:46 AM

nicola wrote:
If anyone is in the centre of Brisbane at the moment, you might be able to find him going about his business here right now - this is one of his favourite spots, probably a free wifi connection at the mall / bus station:

Another 102 votes wiped.

Gee, Gav cant hack into the CCTV of businesses in that area can he?? I'd love to know what this fucktard looks like lol..what a waste of a cum shot this guy has turned out to be...

Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 10:36:55 AM

All hail Nicola and the team, I just like to read stories. So long as I can understand them I don't worry much about grammar and spelling, and I score them on my enjoyment and the tale that is told. The rest is for teachers etc. This unfortunate chap seems to have totally missed the point of the stories, and the site. FUN.

Nicola and team, thanks for a wonderful playground, and all the hard work you do to keep us kiddies safe.
Here's to ya,
Pint Drunk
nicola
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 4:24:16 AM

Wife: "where were you tonight?"

Neil V: "I was fighting for internet justice. I really have it in for this erotic story site, so on a Sunday night, I spent 4 hours at a wifi hotspot, voting down scores and leaving bad comments. That's going to bring them crashing to a halt."

laughing9

Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 3:24:25 PM

Bwahahaha,

Failed Mr V.
nicola
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 4:25:21 AM

Just so people are aware, he's signing up via various free wifi spots, places we haven't banned yet, and has taken to spamming his comments on people's stories, claiming votes are rigged.
Why on earth would site staff rig votes on any story? This sad little fella is more delusional than even I'd anticipated sign3

Shylass
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:18:16 AM

nicola wrote:
Just so people are aware, he's signing up via various free wifi spots, places we haven't banned yet, and has taken to spamming his comments on people's stories, claiming votes are rigged.
Why on earth would site staff rig votes on any story? This sad little fella is more delusional than even I'd anticipated sign3

Maybe he's just not a pussy lover.

sunny

nicola
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 4:19:05 AM

I'm not wasting my time or anyone else's any more.

This thread was intended to highlight that we have a minor irritation trying to stink up the site, and that it's being dealt with.

That job has been done, the thread will now be locked.

That's his 5 minutes of fame. He kind of reminds me of this guy: