Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Which improvements or features would you like to see added? Options · View
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 12:59:08 PM

Hi, I was wondering why can't Masters on here put more then one name down in their relationship status?
scarlet
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 4:59:27 PM

I'd love more smileys in the chatrooms.... this one especially drunken
sprite
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 7:01:44 PM

you know how we can do the invisible thing while online? is it possible to make it so we can be invisible, but visible to a few select people? i'm guessing it'd be a huge headache, but if it's not, it'd be really helpful. :)

Live, love, laugh.
SydneySider
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:50:40 AM

Maggiecat wrote:
Hi, I was wondering why can't Masters on here put more then one name down in their relationship status?

Why should the rules be different for masters?? Why not everyone?? Im sure there are people here who could fill out multiple relationships status's:

married to...
But,
in a relationship with
as well as,
master of
and also,
screwing "someone else" behind "everyone listed above's" back..

Coco
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:33:57 AM

SydneySider wrote:

Why should the rules be different for masters?? Why not everyone?? Im sure there are people here who could fill out multiple relationships status's:

married to...
But,
in a relationship with
as well as,
master of
and also,

This could go on and on ad nauseam. I think it's fine the way it is, and I imagine Gav's list is a mile long with issues that are more pressing.

Mazza
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:21:02 PM

sprite wrote:
you know how we can do the invisible thing while online? is it possible to make it so we can be invisible, but visible to a few select people? i'm guessing it'd be a huge headache, but if it's not, it'd be really helpful. :)

Maybe we could 'group' our friends and have our favourites all together - the ones we communicate with regularly - then choose how we want to interact with them?

I'd like it if Gav could fix it for me to be invisible in real life too? I like the ghosting thing...

I wondered if it would be possible to make it easier to move and order the stories that we've written? Maybe to be able to group and select more than one at a time rather than having to click and move them one by one? Or maybe even to be able to drag and drop them?

It would be helpful if in the "my stories" section of our accounts, we could maybe see the stats of the stories - in the same way that you can see the votes/scores/views etc if you click on a user's stories?

Big Hugs
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:39:46 PM

Mazza wrote:

I wondered if it would be possible to make it easier to move and order the stories that we've written? Maybe to be able to group and select more than one at a time rather than having to click and move them one by one? Or maybe even to be able to drag and drop them?

Big Hugs

that would be brilliant, if we could.

Live, love, laugh.
Dani
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:46:45 PM

SydneySider wrote:

married to...
But,
in a relationship with
as well as,
master of
and also,

laughing9

Shylass
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 4:16:07 PM

Mazza wrote:

Maybe we could 'group' our friends and have our favourites all together - the ones we communicate with regularly - then choose how we want to interact with them?

I'd like it if Gav could fix it for me to be invisible in real life too? I like the ghosting thing...

It would be helpful if in the "my stories" section of our accounts, we could maybe see the stats of the stories - in the same way that you can see the votes/scores/views etc if you click on a user's stories?

Big Hugs

We can drag and drop them with the mouse on the pooter in the "My Stories" list. Or, we could the other day... Anxious

I just can't do that using my Shiny.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
SydneySider
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 3:18:50 AM

Coco wrote:

This could go on and on ad nauseam. I think it's fine the way it is, and I imagine Gav's list is a mile long with issues that are more pressing.

I totally agree. If you haven't made the cut to be the one on that persons status..well...

gav
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 3:53:58 AM

Shylass wrote:

We can drag and drop them with the mouse on the pooter in the "My Stories" list. Or, we could the other day... Anxious

It's very hard to drag and droop with your finger, ask me how I know Embarassed
Mazza
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 4:04:30 AM

Shylass wrote:

Hey! I just tried that and it DOES work!!!

Thanks, Daisy!! That is SO helpful! Hugs
overmykneenow
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 8:42:26 AM

gav wrote:

It's very hard to drag and droop with your finger, ask me how I know Embarassed

There's a very minor bug on the new handy dandy customisable friends list. If someone with only a few friends (in this case 11) selects a number fewer than the friends they have (in this case 5) the "More" link to show the full list of friends isn't showing - so it looks like the person only has 5 friends in total

I can send you a link of the affected profile

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
curious3045
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:04:51 AM

The most important issue to upgrade the servers so that they can handle all of the traffic. Once they have enough servers and they are sized correctly many of the issues that drive users crazy. Too many chat room freeze ups, chat windows not opening, site slows to a crawl.

Not being critical of anyone, just simply saying that there are easy ways to improve these issues and once they are corrected people will enjoy Lush much more.

My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:20:54 AM

I would like to be able to drag and drop from the iPad. I have to do most things from the desk top which can be frustrating
Dani
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:08:24 PM

curious3045 wrote:
The most important issue to upgrade the servers so that they can handle all of the traffic. Once they have enough servers and they are sized correctly many of the issues that drive users crazy. Too many chat room freeze ups, chat windows not opening, site slows to a crawl.

Not being critical of anyone, just simply saying that there are easy ways to improve these issues and once they are corrected people will enjoy Lush much more.

It's not as easy as all that. It's not about updating the servers...it's about acquiring new servers...which cost money. They make the best of what they have until they get the means of getting what they need. So right now all that can be done is frequent updates of the current servers so they don't get all backed up.

When new servers can be acquired, this won't be an issue. But Lush is growing rapidly...and that's being accommodated to the best of everyone's ability.

curious3045
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 2:45:14 PM

slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:

It's not as easy as all that. It's not about updating the servers...it's about acquiring new servers...which cost money. They make the best of what they have until they get the means of getting what they need. So right now all that can be done is frequent updates of the current servers so they don't get all backed up.

When new servers can be acquired, this won't be an issue. But Lush is growing rapidly...and that's being accommodated to the best of everyone's ability.

Okay, please let this one go slippery, believe it or not, I do have a very good handle on what it might take to accomplish this. I know you like to add something to many topics, but this one should be left alone, K. Notice that I even said I am not being critical of anyone, all right. It can be done, for less that what most people think.

My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
Dani
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 3:15:25 PM

curious3045 wrote:

Okay, please let this one go slippery, believe it or not, I do have a very good handle on what it might take to accomplish this. I know you like to add something to many topics, but this one should be left alone, K. Notice that I even said I am not being critical of anyone, all right. It can be done, for less that what most people think.

Be that as it may...what can be done to better the site will be done to better the site...and in as timely a matter as possible. No one's purposely ignoring server problems, is all I'm saying. I personally know Gav works hard with the servers that we do have. And he's quick about making improvements. And some things are easier said than done.

I'm not being critical or starting an argument or anything...not sure why you're interpreting it that way.

overmykneenow
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:47:51 AM

curious3045 wrote:

While you say you're not being critical it's difficult not to interpret what you say as "gav could be doing a lot better". I know that's not what you're intending with your comments but that's how I first read it.

One of the maxims of development I learnt very early was: "Good, Fast, Cheap - you can pick two"* - Lush is good and Lush is free. As for cheaper options - you can't put a site like this on Dreamhost. [* in reality, it's more like "pick one"]

This improvements thread is as much about streamlining the processes of Lush as it is about loading it with more options. Lush can be a victim of its own popularity - in the time I've been here the userbase has increased 700% - on top of that users have shifted from primarily using keyboard/mouse interaction to touchscreen changing the whole way people use the site.

I guess at the end of the day, Lush is like a very popular bar: people love it but you might have to wait to get served.

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
curious3045
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:49:29 AM

overmykneenow wrote:

While you say you're not being critical it's difficult not to interpret what you say as "gav could be doing a lot better". I know that's not what you're intending with your comments but that's how I first read it.

One of the maxims of development I learnt very early was: "Good, Fast, Cheap - you can pick two"* - Lush is good and Lush is free. As for cheaper options - you can't put a site like this on Dreamhost. [* in reality, it's more like "pick one"]

This improvements thread is as much about streamlining the processes of Lush as it is about loading it with more options. Lush can be a victim of its own popularity - in the time I've been here the userbase has increased 700% - on top of that users have shifted from primarily using keyboard/mouse interaction to touchscreen changing the whole way people use the site.

I guess at the end of the day, Lush is like a very popular bar: people love it but you might have to wait to get served.

Not sure who Gav is but if he is in charge of keeping the site running he is doing a good job and this is not about him. It is about the resources, yes it is free but obviously there is money coming from some limited advertising and other sources, I am just trying to say that a priority should be upgrading the equipment. My place of work uses all of the same rational that you and slipperywhenwet have used and it is not the correct mindset to have. I look at it like building a house, the foundation has to be strong and done correctly if you expect to have a good house? Correct? The same principles apply with the site and its hardware, regardless of money or the people involved, the priority should be to upgrade the hardware first and then build from there.

So, sorry for being a bit rude slipperywhenwet and overmykneenow, wasn't supposed to come off like that at all. Gav keep up the good work. Whoever is out there that makes the decisions please consider my point. From an IT perspective my thoughts are coming from experience and the hope that resources will be used to improve the foundation of lush, then the improvements are much easier to accomplish.

My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
She
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:22:13 AM

curious3045 wrote:

Not sure who Gav is but if he is in charge of keeping the site running he is doing a good job and this is not about him. It is about the resources, yes it is free but obviously there is money coming from some limited advertising and other sources, I am just trying to say that a priority should be upgrading the equipment. My place of work uses all of the same rational that you and slipperywhenwet have used and it is not the correct mindset to have. I look at it like building a house, the foundation has to be strong and done correctly if you expect to have a good house? Correct? The same principles apply with the site and its hardware, regardless of money or the people involved, the priority should be to upgrade the hardware first and then build from there.

So, sorry for being a bit rude slipperywhenwet and overmykneenow, wasn't supposed to come off like that at all. Gav keep up the good work. Whoever is out there that makes the decisions please consider my point. From an IT perspective my thoughts are coming from experience and the hope that resources will be used to improve the foundation of lush, then the improvements are much easier to accomplish.

I am getting tired to read over and over the forum how people are draged into apologizing to people who get offended way to easily..
With your first post you were polite, you gave advice and request at the same time. Owner of the site is going to do with it whatever she wants, she calls all the shots where resources are most needed.
Site code-monkey (gav) is doing splendid job with what he has.
..beside I completely agree with you, foundation is the key
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:43:25 AM

I had a suggestion but looks like those are not very welcome, disappointing that people seem overly sensitive .
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:19:54 AM

I would like to see a cam room where people can cam with one another if they so choose. It would be alot easier and safer for the ladies than to have to give out their skype yahoo ect... That way they can keep their lush relationships here on lush instead of pouring out into their everyday social networking lives!
Just a thought! I think the masses would like this feature....
overmykneenow
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:22:14 AM

curious3045 wrote:

Where you work is a business and I'm sure it has agreed levels of service it has to maintain to keep share holders happy. Despite it's slickness and professionalism, Lush is a website developed by people in their spare time. It's not an Enterprise-level web application (though it's pretty damn close). It's easy to say build solid foundations but when you design a three bedroom house, if the number of people living in the house multiplies by seven in three years, the house isn't going to work properly.

I find it frustrating too but then I haven't found it frustrating enough to stick my hand in my pocket and pay for gold membership to help finance site improvements. I get Lush for free and I tailor my expectations accordingly.

Dani
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:49:36 AM

Magma_Boils_333 wrote:
I had a suggestion but looks like those are not very welcome, disappointing that people seem overly sensitive .

I'm sorry you feel that way. The site is what it is right now because of this very thread...and that's no exaggeration. ALL suggestions placed here are taken under consideration (again, that's not an exaggeration).

That's what this forum is all about. People put forth suggestions, and the plausibility of such suggestions are discussed...sometimes right here. Everyone chimes in. Pros and cons are discussed, and if the suggestions are plausible/reasonable and beneficial as a whole, they're implemented in as timely a manner as possible.

Sometimes it may appear that ideas are shot down, but that sort of goes along with the territory. I myself have had an idea or two shot down...in this very thread. I've also posted ideas and people added to them and something even better came about from those ideas. So you never know. They can't all be winners, though. And you can't be afraid to be told no. And sometimes a no isn't even really a no...it can be more of a 'not right now' sort of thing.

The site isn't about what suits just one person...it's a much bigger picture than that. With over 200,000 people here, you can imagine that people are bustling with ideas...but they can't all be done. But some can...which is the reason this thread was created.

Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:00:03 AM

I've a small suggestion for the profile page - could we add a lush or other... fave quotes section? So if we come across a good line in lush or somewhere else we could add those? Thanks.
SuccubusDreams
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:42:14 AM

I would like it if i could hover over the button for which of my friends are currently online and have a list come up rather than having to click on it and change pages.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."- Mae West

Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:58:53 AM

slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:

I'm sorry you feel that way. The site is what it is right now because of this very thread...and that's no exaggeration. ALL suggestions placed here are taken under consideration (again, that's not an exaggeration).

That's what this forum is all about. People put forth suggestions, and the plausibility of such suggestions are discussed...sometimes right here. Everyone chimes in. Pros and cons are discussed, and if the suggestions are plausible/reasonable and beneficial as a whole, they're implemented in as timely a manner as possible.

Sometimes it may appear that ideas are shot down, but that sort of goes along with the territory. I myself have had an idea or two shot down...in this very thread. I've also posted ideas and people added to them and something even better came about from those ideas. So you never know. They can't all be winners, though. And you can't be afraid to be told no. And sometimes a no isn't even really a no...it can be more of a 'not right now' sort of thing.

The site isn't about what suits just one person...it's a much bigger picture than that. With over 200,000 people here, you can imagine that people are bustling with ideas...but they can't all be done. But some can...which is the reason this thread was created.

Interesting that this is coming from one of the people who gave this thread that non welcome vibe.
sprite
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:00:30 AM

*clears throat* can we please stick to the topic and stop the mudslinging? it's not very beneficial. thank you.

Live, love, laugh.
gav
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:55:38 PM

Think its about time I chimed in on the server/performance issues. At present we have 3 servers, a web, database and media server. All three handle requests for Lush Stories, Stories Space and Historias Lush. On top of this we have traffic coming in from our mobile site and android app (which is probably comparable to our full sites traffic).

Like a four lane motorway (freeway?) when everything is running normally traffic runs smoothly. Every so often you end up behind a Skoda so the traffic backs up behind.

In Lush terms a Skoda would be a slow running query. Over the past few weeks my code changes have been targetting these rouge queries (hopefully you have noticed some improvement). There is still work to do in this area.

I believe we can squeeze more performance from our current infrastructure. Adding more web/db servers gets complicated. I would rather defer this, one for future gav to worry about :)

Please be patient, this is an ongoing task of mine.

dog