Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Do you look like your parents? Options · View
DanielleX
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:49:31 PM

So, I hear another couple have had their child taken from them, because they were swarthy with black hair and their daughter was blonde. Where will this end?

In the absence of the appropriate paperwork and DNA tests, would you pass as your parents' kid?

Danny xxx

adagio_sabadicus
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:27:52 PM

I don't know where some of these parents come from. Now a mom and dad have been arrested in Nevada. Seems their 12 year old took a gun to school and blew away a teacher. My 2 cents
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:37:46 PM

Yes, I do look like my parents especially my mother.
Dani
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:42:52 PM

No....well, maybe?

But I'm adopted. I'm biracial, and my adoptive parents are an interracial couple. From that perspective alone, no one would ever know/assume I was adopted. But I always think it's funny when I get told I look like either of them. My dad's pretty tall, and so am I...so I get things like, "You must get your height from your dad." " And I always jokingly think to myself, "Which one?" My mom and I both have brown eyes, so I get "You have your mother's eyes," which is especially hilarious to me because my biological mother has green eyes.

But I hear if people are around each other enough, they begin to look alike. I guess that has SOME stock to it because there are features I have that can resemble my adoptive parents...but that may just be coincidence.

EDIT: I don't really think I resemble either of my biological parents much. They just both have really distinct features, especially my bio mom...and I have my own distinct features, but none that closely resemble theirs.

sprite
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:09:20 PM

full disclosure... i look like Dani's parents, especially her dad... drunken

Live, love, laugh.
kiera
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:14:58 PM

Yes I look like both my parents, more so my birth mother. Thankfully im not like her though and am more personality wise like my dad.

I don't know if this answers your question but, should anyone ever knock at my door and tell me there had been a mistake and one of my kids was not actually my kids well, they could kiss my arse they are mine.

And both my youngest 2 had blond hair as babies, my youngest had blue eyes until she was almost 2 years old then they changed. Both now have brown hair and eyes like me. Until kids are around 2 years old you have no clue what they will really be like they can change in an instant trust me.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:20:57 PM

DanielleX wrote:
So, I hear another couple have had their child taken from them, because they were swarthy with black hair and their daughter was blonde. Where will this end?

In the absence of the appropriate paperwork and DNA tests, would you pass as your parents' kid?

Danny xxx

You're not talking about that case in the media about baby "Maria" are you?

As for the Q - yeah, I look bio-related, mainly to my mom.

Dirty_D
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:23:02 PM

I don't look much like my parents, not do my kids look like me.
Dani
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:24:43 PM

sprite wrote:

Which set?

My bio dad is black, by the way...blondie. kekekegay

sprite
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:27:47 PM

slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:

Which set?

My bio dad is black, by the way...blondie. kekekegay

so am i... i'm just very light in my blackness... Embarassed

Live, love, laugh.
SereneProdigy
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:28:24 PM

I'm a perfect mix between both my parents. I don't look like one of them more than the other. I have no difficulty assuming I'm their child, especially personality wise. I walk with the same gait as my father too, and have a similar voice.

Funnily enough, my sister and I don't look alike at all. What I inherited from my father, she inherited from my mother, and vice versa. I have my mother's mouth, she has my father's mouth ; I have my father's nose, she has my mother's nose...
Dani
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:33:17 PM

sprite wrote:

so am i... i'm just very light in my blackness... Embarassed

confused1

VanGogh
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:42:41 PM

In my family, I am the 3rd child of 4 siblings. Until I was 21, I kept saying I was adopted, as I don't look like either parent or my siblings (though 2 siblings remember my arrival, I still scoffed). Even my mother said someone would think I was adopted ..... until, I saw a picture of my great-grandmother (on my mother's mother side) .... I finally belong!! I have her mouth, jaw and nose. Holy moly!! I swore I was adopted!!

As SP says above, there are other indicators that we are family though - my sister and I have such similar voices ~ even her husband and our mother couldn't tell us apart. We had fun with that, testing them! lol

Now, with my own children .... the apple has not fallen far from the tree .... poor kids! They definitely belong to me.

A Milf series combined with Office Sex *fans face* .... The Secretary and The Student
starting withThe Secretary and The Student - first part with a Famous Story - over 30,000 views! woohoo!

Enjoy!!

For the Anal Lovers .... come enjoy my RR honoured An Alluring Ass

Another Sex in the Office Poem (I know you love those!!) In Your Office with over 10,000 views! woohoo!

Red_Dragon
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:57:06 PM

kiera wrote:

I don't know if this answers your question but, should anyone ever knock at my door and tell me there had been a mistake and one of my kids was not actually my kids well, they could kiss my arse they are mine.

And both my youngest 2 had blond hair as babies, my youngest had blue eyes until she was almost 2 years old then they changed. Both now have brown hair and eyes like me. Until kids are around 2 years old you have no clue what they will really be like they can change in an instant trust me.

I totally agree with you Pour Wine

Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:58:56 PM

No, on the thread question, and the sub question.
MysteryBaby
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:06:11 PM

I look like neither. If you want to dig down into my family I look like my aunt and really have my own personality so you wouldn't believe me when I showed a picture of me and my mother. They would think my aunt is my mother lol

Bite Me and make it hard <3
Poppet
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:34:19 PM

Yes, I’ve always been told I look like one or the other of my parents. If I’m with my dad people say I look just like him, same as if I’m with my mum. More people think I look more like my dad’s side of the family. I mostly look like my aunt. That side of the family has strong genes, at least over my mums. I do have a lot of my mum’s features. I guess I’m a good mix of the both of them, making me the perfect Poppet.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ You Inspire Me Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
BlondeBookworm
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:39:35 PM

I've never really been compared to my mom. I do get told that I look like my dad quite a few times, we have the same hair color, eye color, body type and I get my height from him .
CurlyGirly
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:22:35 PM

DanielleX wrote:

Danny xxx

Are you referring to the news story from Greece? Didn't the couple have something like 14 kids in their custody with forged documents for all of them including a few different sets of documents for "Maria?" It appears the authorities were right to be concerned about her. By your statement, it makes it seem this happens often that children are removed, because they don't resemble their parents. Is that something that happens a lot in the UK, because I've never heard of it being an issue in the US.

To answer your question, I resemble my mother very, very much. Not sure about my father. He left when I was 2 and for some reason my mom didn't keep pics of him around. Imagine that. dontknow

It won a potato. Aren't you intrigued?

DanielleX
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:13:52 PM

Dancing_Doll wrote:

You're not talking about that case in the media about baby "Maria" are you?

As for the Q - yeah, I look bio-related, mainly to my mom.

Yes, but now another case in Ireland. Also Roma parents!

DanielleX
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:14:34 PM

sprite wrote:

kickbutt

Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:53:25 PM

I'm a very good mix of both of my parents. I'm full on Dutch. I have the typical Dutch blue eyes and blonde hair. Although now its more black because I dyed it. But anyways :P
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:06:29 AM

Out of all my sisters I am the one that looks out of place. They have taken after my mother and my well I take after my great grandma and the blood lines of Austria.
sprite
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:34:26 AM

DanielleX wrote:

kickbutt

fart

Live, love, laugh.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:00:50 AM

DanielleX wrote:

Yes, but now another case in Ireland. Also Roma parents!

I don't know the nature of the case in Ireland, but in the Greek case, Maria's identity was called into question after the police had done a raid on the Roma camps, finding illegal activity, weapons, drugs and video footage of the little girl, filthy and being treated poorly, being made to dance and beg for money etc. And DNA tests showed the girl is not their bio-kid and they have no legit paperwork for any kind of legal adoption. I'm not really feeling sorry for these supposed 'parents'. With known cases of baby-trades and human trafficking conducted by gypsies between Romania, Bulgaria, Greece and England and the woman claiming the 14 kids were hers (which meant she would have had to have been giving birth every 3-4 months for years), the police were definitely right to be questioning things.

Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:14:36 AM

I'm a proper cross between my mum and dad..... Character is very much like my father, and my body type, but my face, voice and some bits like my mum. There would be no doubting we are all related!! :)
CurlyGirly
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:51:57 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:

I don't know the nature of the case in Ireland, but in the Greek case, Maria's identity was called into question after the police had done a raid on the Roma camps, finding illegal activity, weapons, drugs and video footage of the little girl, filthy and being treated poorly, being made to dance and beg for money etc. And DNA tests showed the girl is not their bio-kid and they have no legit paperwork for any kind of legal adoption. I'm not really feeling sorry for these supposed 'parents'. With known cases of baby-trades and human trafficking conducted by gypsies between Romania, Bulgaria, Greece and England and the woman claiming the 14 kids were hers (which meant she would have had to have been giving birth every 3-4 months for years), the police were definitely right to be questioning things.

thumbup

Six of the kids "documentation" showed that they were supposedly born within the same 10 month period. I think the police were justified in their actions in this case.

I did read news reports of the case in Ireland. DNA results should be available today. I know the police were led there by a tip off and weren't satisfied with documentation provided. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. No, I don't think the Roma community should be targeted (or anyone for that matter), but obviously there was some just cause?

It won a potato. Aren't you intrigued?

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:33:43 AM

CurlyGirly wrote:

thumbup

Six of the kids "documentation" showed that they were supposedly born within the same 10 month period. I think the police were justified in their actions in this case.

I did read news reports of the case in Ireland. DNA results should be available today. I know the police were led there by a tip off and weren't satisfied with documentation provided. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. No, I don't think the Roma community should be targeted (or anyone for that matter), but obviously there was some just cause?

Exactly my thoughts.

I'm not advocating that certain groups be targeted, but if there is something 'off' about their general activities (ie. drugs, crime, illegal weapons etc) then everything you do will come under more scrutiny. Child trafficking in certain parts of the world isn't too far out there as a possibility and with DNA test being rather easy and non-invasive to perform, I don't think it's a big deal to check into things in certain cases. If it was me, and everything was legit/legal, I wouldn't think twice about submitting to a DNA test, if asked. Children are so vulnerable in certain parts of the world, I tend to side with any efforts to make things safer for them by curbing and/or dissuading illegal trafficking and activity, where there is reasonable suspicion. It may not sound politically correct, but child welfare is more important to me in cases like this.

Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:53:48 AM

I look exactly like my dad but nothing like my mom
KatR
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:40:18 AM

Thankfully, no. But I strongly resemble my maternal grandma, who I think was an amazing woman! She taught me a great many things about being a strong, smart, honest, and yes SEXUAL woman, all of which I have strived to live up to. I try to be worthy of her and love that I resemble her physically, mentally, and emotionally.