Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Story Scores Options · View
naughtyannie
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:53:52 PM

Has our friend the phantom 4-bomber from Brisbane been up to his old tricks again? It's just that my story "Dude, Where are my Clothes?", which had all 5s for ages, has suddenly had nothing but 4s all at once. And some of my others have gone the same way. I expect to get a few lower scores along the way, but not so many all at once.

Has anyone else had the same thing happened to them?

Click on the link below to visit my profile page, for award-winning filthy stories and arousing pics. Go on, it's just one click.

You know you want to...

http://www.lushstories.com/naughtyannie

You don't know what you're missing 'til you try it
Jillicious
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:24:07 PM

Wow! I remember when everybody complained so much about the 2 and 3 bombers that the rules were changed so that they encouraged higher scores. Now complaints about 4 bombs? Keep complaining everyone! The voting system doesn't mean a damned thing when it is implied that we should vote high all the time.

I'm serious here. A vote of 3 should be considered average and should be where the majority of votes lie. However, as a result of complaining the votes show a trend towards 5 all the time. There is no valid bell curve that could be made using the data compiled from the voting system. Every story, regardless of its merit, is an outlier.

Thousands of user submitted stories removed from the site. You are nothing without your users or their freely submitted stories.
Shylass
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:43:47 AM

Jillicious wrote:
Wow! I remember when everybody complained so much about the 2 and 3 bombers that the rules were changed so that they encouraged higher scores. Now complaints about 4 bombs? Keep complaining everyone! The voting system doesn't mean a damned thing when it is implied that we should vote high all the time.

I'm serious here. A vote of 3 should be considered average and should be where the majority of votes lie. However, as a result of complaining the votes show a trend towards 5 all the time. There is no valid bell curve that could be made using the data compiled from the voting system. Every story, regardless of its merit, is an outlier.

This particular post is about an idiot (not Naughtyannie!) and unusual activity.
http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst32957_You-may-notice-the-votes-on-stories-changing.aspx

And whilst fours are a good score, there are malicious plonkers out there who score a four to see an average brought down. It can be upsetting to people who work hard and thought their proof was top scores all the way. That guy created huge amounts of accounts, and that is what Naughtyannie is referring to, not moaning.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Jillicious
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:20:12 PM

Shylass wrote:

This particular post is about an idiot (not Naughtyannie!) and unusual activity.
http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst32957_You-may-notice-the-votes-on-stories-changing.aspx

And whilst fours are a good score, there are malicious plonkers out there who score a four to see an average brought down. It can be upsetting to people who work hard and thought their proof was top scores all the way. That guy created huge amounts of accounts, and that is what Naughtyannie is referring to, not moaning.

Well, perhaps we could just remove the story scoring in its present state. Let's remove the perceived option of being able to choose a score based on what we think it deserves. Instead there can be simply a "like" button similar to facebook. If we like it we can click it and if we don't then we can ignore that it is there. That way nobody gets their feelings hurt.

By the way, I know what it is like to have a random low score but I still have no sympathy for complaints for a score of 4. Complaining about 1 or 2, well then perhaps you have an argument. Complaining about 4 is simply straight up complaining.

Thousands of user submitted stories removed from the site. You are nothing without your users or their freely submitted stories.
Shylass
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 1:48:09 AM

Jillicious wrote:

Well, perhaps we could just remove the story scoring in its present state. Let's remove the perceived option of being able to choose a score based on what we think it deserves. Instead there can be simply a "like" button similar to facebook. If we like it we can click it and if we don't then we can ignore that it is there. That way nobody gets their feelings hurt.

By the way, I know what it is like to have a random low score but I still have no sympathy for complaints for a score of 4. Complaining about 1 or 2, well then perhaps you have an argument. Complaining about 4 is simply straight up complaining.

The talks over removing scores have been done to death in numerous threads, including the idea of a Facebook-type "Like".

However, scores will be staying unless Nicola chooses to remove them. The troll that this thread was about, however, will not be/is not staying.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
nicola
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 4:41:02 AM

Great to see you Jill!

I agree btw. A lot of people worry far too much about their scores.

Whatever you do and wherever you go in life, there will always be people who want to rain on your parade. Deal with it, life isn't a bed of roses, there are idiots everywhere.
nicola
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 4:44:14 AM

naughtyannie wrote:
Has our friend the phantom 4-bomber from Brisbane been up to his old tricks again? It's just that my story "Dude, Where are my Clothes?", which had all 5s for ages, has suddenly had nothing but 4s all at once. And some of my others have gone the same way. I expect to get a few lower scores along the way, but not so many all at once.

Has anyone else had the same thing happened to them?

I checked for you Annie, there's nothing untoward going on with the scoring.