Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Which improvements or features would you like to see added? Options · View
Mazza
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 11:57:37 AM

GingerKitty wrote:
People like writing with each other, so a collaborations category would be cool. I'm not sure how it would work, but it could be set up in some way that would allow both authors a credit, rather than having to put it in the body of the story or the one liner. It would probably be a pain in the arse to implement, but it would be very much appreciated.

I've also written with others - I think a collaborations category is a good idea, but what I'd really like to see a way of both authors being able to display the link to their joint work on their profile page.

I imagine you could have the same link on each writer's page, which, when clicked, would lead to and open the same story page - ie, the story would get the same number of views/votes/scores etc, regardless of whose page you had opened the link from?
(In much the same way as you can open a story from the front page, from the category in which it's contained, from the author's profile, from the top picks section, from the competition page, from a link in the forums/forum sig etc etc- you know what I mean?)

I just think that it would be great for both authors to be able to display what they had worked on, rather than having to decide who gets to post it...
gav
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 1:38:06 PM

Poppet wrote:
I've thought about this a time or two and thought I'd finally throw it out here. I think we should have a number to show how many under the "following us". Kind of like the friends one, but for followers. It would be nice to know in total, without trying to count them all.

http://www.lushstories.com/poppet/following

Doneski!
gav
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 1:38:35 PM

GingerKitty wrote:
It would be cool if we could have a counter for how many times an audio story has been listened to, much like the view count for non audio stories.

Doneski!
gav
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 1:38:58 PM

naughtyannie wrote:
I don't know if other people would find this useful, but how about a text box on the "story submission" template for the writer to add a short note to the Mods about it?

Once or twice I've taken a story offline to make corrections, and it would have been nice when I resubmitted it to be able to add a little note like "Story taken offline to correct punctuation" or whatever, so the Mods knew why they were having to verify it again.

I suppose it could be open to abuse by people saying things like "Put this online quickly or else", but hopefully not!

Doneski!
Shylass
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 1:52:25 PM

gav wrote:

Doneski!

gav wrote:

Doneski!

gav wrote:

Doneski!

You're feckin' AWESOME! Literally! Big Hugs

(It doesn't matter that it's little, because it's Magic*)

*I mean the Magic Teapot...

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 2:10:42 PM

gav wrote:

Doneski!

Hey, thanks. Have a beer! Pint Drunk
Poppet
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 2:25:59 PM

gav wrote:
Doneski!

Ah, forever reminding me how you're my super hero. *Swoons*

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ You Inspire Me Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Dirty_D
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 5:50:33 PM

Mazza wrote:

I imagine you could have the same link on each writer's page, which, when clicked, would lead to and open the same story page - ie, the story would get the same number of views/votes/scores etc, regardless of whose page you had opened the link from?
(In much the same way as you can open a story from the front page, from the category in which it's contained, from the author's profile, from the top picks section, from the competition page, from a link in the forums/forum sig etc etc- you know what I mean?)

I just think that it would be great for both authors to be able to display what they had worked on, rather than having to decide who gets to post it...

Agreed
Milik_Redman
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:22:21 AM

gav wrote:

Doneski!

That was a great idea, and done with your usual wizardry Gav
Ken_Riley
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 10:47:25 PM

I was wondering if a Badge should be awarded to Authors who have published some minimum number of stories on Lush. I have just published my 21st story and I have about 20 more in the works. What do you think? dontknow

You could name it "MegaAuthor"
Ken_Riley
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 10:58:38 PM

Mazza wrote:

I've also written with others - I think a collaborations category is a good idea, but what I'd really like to see a way of both authors being able to display the link to their joint work on their profile page.

This not a suggestion, but you might find it interesting. I just submitted a Love Story that I wrote for another member. She was feeling down and unworthy of love, so I wrote a love story about her meeting the man of her dreams in "The Story of Me and Ken". She loved it!
LittleLuce
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2013 1:26:39 AM

I would love to see a diary added to the profile page. Fill in your daily activities for people to read if they chose to or you can let only selected friends view it. I would prefer that to using my wall. Big Hugs

Shylass
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2013 5:52:07 AM

LittleLuce wrote:
I would love to see a diary added to the profile page. Fill in your daily activities for people to read if they chose to or you can let only selected friends view it. I would prefer that to using my wall. Big Hugs

Mine would be something like this:

Monday
10:30 Roll out of bed.
10:31 Roll back in bed.
20:27 Crawl downstairs.
20:58 Nom food.
21:35 Crawl upstairs.
21:50 Start faffing around.
22:30 Start shower.
22:31 Have Happy Time.
22:32 Finish shower.
22:45 Finish faffing, get in bed.

That's a day off when I'm poorly. When I'm not poorly, there's more faffing and sewing. I bore myself, let alone other people! No thanks to the diary idea. tard

Edit: I could make stuff up...

Monday: Wank boyfriend and his mates.
Tuesday A.M: Shopping.
Tuesday P.M: Use new sex toy.
Wednesday: Write hot new masturbation story.
Thursday: Take naked selfies.
Friday: Post pictures on sexy profile walls.
Saturday: Go out clubbing.
Sunday: Have hot bareback sex with people I meet clubbing.

That's much more exciting!

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
CurlyGirly
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2013 10:49:10 AM

Mazza wrote:

I totally agree with this. thumbup

Also, to humor my vain side, when someone comments on one of your pics can the comment be included in the email you receive from Lush. Kinda how the email shows the actual picture/content when someone posts on your wall now?? No hurry! evil4

It won a potato. Aren't you intrigued?

LittleLuce
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 2:13:18 AM

Quote:
That's a day off when I'm poorly. When I'm not poorly, there's more faffing and sewing. I bore myself, let alone other people! No thanks to the diary idea

Then simply you just don't fill it in! It would be optional! Or make your life more exciting!Big Hugs

Shylass
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 11:57:11 AM

LittleLuce wrote:

Then simply you just don't fill it in! It would be optional! Or make your life more exciting!Big Hugs

Alright, I'd be up for that, but I am totally making it all up. occasion7 Hugs

People would have to be careful not to give too many details away about where they will be an when, for safety.

Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 1:01:47 AM

Hi gav,

I am a developer too and i would suggest some changes in the site time my time..some of them are here

->i would like to place one Refresh button on the chat room page where it displays the list of rooms. Hitting this refresh button will refresh the logged in users list under each room. This can be implemented without full page postback by using partial postback to avoid unnecessary data reload
-> Bot checking by including captcha during profile creation and chat room creation
-> And special badges for those user whose views are implemented as changes in the site
Liz
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 4:47:50 AM

Benishere1990 wrote:
Hi gav,

I am a developer too and i would suggest some changes in the site time my time..some of them are here

->i would like to place one Refresh button on the chat room page where it displays the list of rooms. Hitting this refresh button will refresh the logged in users list under each room. This can be implemented without full page postback by using partial postback to avoid unnecessary data reload
-> Bot checking by including captcha during profile creation and chat room creation
-> And special badges for those user whose views are implemented as changes in the site

1 - How many times do you refresh that page? Can't you just pick a room and enter it?

2 - As far as I know, Lush has never had an issue with 'bot generated' chat rooms. A captcha system on the account registration page has already been/is under discussion. It would also negate the need for a secondary chatroom captcha as you need a registered account in order to generate a room.

3 - This one is up to Nicola. What would you call it?

SydneySider
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:03:20 AM

Liz wrote:

Badge whore??
You can thank me later for that little site tweak! (maybe too long)
Need to feel important??
Hey, look at me, that was my idea! (also maybe too long).

You get where I am coming from..lmao

Mazza
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:50:18 AM

Liz wrote:

We already have it...

It's the Bug Slayer badge (well, it's close enough, isn't it?)
Poppet
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 6:43:46 AM

Mazza wrote:
We already have it...

It's the Bug Slayer badge (well, it's close enough, isn't it?)

No, no, those are for bugs.

I would really actually like to see this become it's own badge. Because, well, I've suggested a good few things that have taken change. I don't know what we'd call but, I'd love to see one made.

Mazza
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 6:48:59 AM

Poppet wrote:

No, no, those are for bugs.

I would really actually like to see this become it's own badge. Because, well, I've suggested a good few things that have taken change. I don't know what we'd call but, I'd love to see one made.

Helping Hands?
Poppet
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:48:30 AM

Mazza wrote:
Helping Hands?

I like it, let's hope Gav and Nicola do as well!

Shylass
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:52:19 AM

Mazza wrote:

Helping Hands?

No, that's for top class wank fiction writers.

I'd love to see a way to separate my stories list into separate categories, so all my Straight stories are in one section, Spanking and Poetry in others, etc. I have a big poetry section, but most people like to read stories.

I'd like to be able to put my more popular pieces at the top of each section. The list on the main profile page could be the same as it is, but I'd love for my readers (bless 'em!) to find the categories they prefer much more easily. I know this is probably only an issue for people with more pieces posted, but if it were possible, I'd love that. Sorry, Gav. Embarassed

sprite
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 8:48:22 AM

we need a badge whore badge for the person with the most badges! drunken

Live, love, laugh.
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 8:56:44 AM

sprite wrote:
we need a badge whore badge for the person with the most badges! drunken

i agree with her
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 8:58:25 AM

however i think there should be a sensual adult movie room :P and a friendly movie room. in which chats work on one side and video's on the other side so that we can watch video , listen and chat :)
Icarus32
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 9:44:40 AM

Perhaps a way to set things up so that you receive a notification if an account you follow has been inactive for x amount of time.

It would save time having to occasionally check through the list to see who isn't around to post stories anymore.
schnapps53
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 4:43:42 AM

I would love to see a section for Stories by Ladies and a section for Stories by men. I prefer to read a story by a Lady and her perspective.
Shylass
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 5:09:05 AM

schnapps53 wrote:
I would love to see a section for Stories by Ladies and a section for Stories by men. I prefer to read a story by a Lady and her perspective.

If you're told a story is written by a lady, does that make a difference to how you read it? Is it psychological, or fact?

Try reading Stephanie's stories. There's a hot bitch for you, and she'll make you spurt if you can keep up with her! http://www.lushstories.com/stephanie/stories

If it's psychological, try reading stories by Frank Lee. He crawls his fingers inside a woman's brain and makes her come with just his words. I happen to know that he can do that to men just as effectively. Try them both and see if it makes a difference. http://www.lushstories.com/frank_lee/stories

A good writer proves that you can't tell what sex they are. It's their writing that makes you hot. If you approach the story based on what sex you think they are, of course it will make a difference. But not all Lush writers will be as you think them, you know...