Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Which improvements or features would you like to see added? Options · View
Frank
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 5:33:51 PM

Just as it is possible to store stories to visit, could we have the facility to list forums we visit or wish to regularly.
However unlike with the stories, (deleted from the list upon selection), allow self maintenance as with friends lists.
Found this forum, http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postsm1356520_Recommend-A-Story.aspx#1356520.
One I would think many could find useful. May possibly stop a lot of unnecessary forum searches as well, (keep those lanes rolling Gav).

Read it

Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney

naughtyannie
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 12:47:19 PM

I don't know if other people would find this useful, but how about a text box on the "story submission" template for the writer to add a short note to the Mods about it?

Once or twice I've taken a story offline to make corrections, and it would have been nice when I resubmitted it to be able to add a little note like "Story taken offline to correct punctuation" or whatever, so the Mods knew why they were having to verify it again.

I suppose it could be open to abuse by people saying things like "Put this online quickly or else", but hopefully not!

The Filthy World of Naughty Annie. Three new stories, now available from the Kindle Store:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Filthy-World-Naughty-Annie-ebook/dp/B076HBFQ24/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1508276376&sr=1-1&keywords=annie+harrison

Buy now, for less than the price of a cup of fancy coffee. And totally caffeine-free.
sprite
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 12:49:13 PM

I don't know if other people would find this useful, but how about a text box on the "story submission" template for the writer to add a short note to the Mods about it?

Once or twice I've taken a story offline to make corrections, and it would have been nice when I resubmitted it to be able to add a little note like "Story taken offline to correct punctuation" or whatever, so the Mods knew why they were having to verify it again.

I suppose it could be open to abuse by people saying things like "Put this online quickly or else", but hopefully not!

there should also be a place to put your CC info when you want to tip us. drunken

Dani
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 1:33:36 PM

sprite wrote:

there should also be a place to put your CC info when you want to tip us. drunken

There is...it's called my inbox.

Let me cover your shit in glitter, I can make it gold.

Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 2:17:11 PM

I'd like to see the black box message allow longer messages as I often only use my phone because I'm away.
meredith
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 2:36:59 PM

Frequently Instant Messages get hung up. After I've waited a bit then log off. The lost message appears the next time I log on. I don't know if it's the missing previous message or a new one. A date/time stamp in the Black box would be helpful.

"Them ain't no militia, that's the Army of the Potomac!"

scarlet
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 3:38:52 PM

meredith wrote:
Frequently Instant Messages get hung up. After I've waited a bit then log off. The lost message appears the next time I log on. I don't know if it's the missing previous message or a new one. A date/time stamp in the Black box would be helpful.

If you follow this link you will see all your online messages with a time and date stamp

http://www.lushstories.com/membership/online-messages.aspx?mb=online
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 3:54:11 PM

I think naughtyannie's is a good suggestion.
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 3:54:13 PM

I think naughtyannie's is a good suggestion.
Mazza
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 5:20:24 PM

naughtyannie wrote:

It would be useful, but it's not actually necessary...

What I usually do is just add a note at the top of the story, something like this:

If I've edited a story that's already posted...

**mods' note, please remove - all I've done here is fix a few typos and add a footnote. Thank you so much do taking the time, maz xx

Or, if I'm submitting it for the first time, maybe something like this...

**mods' note, please remove - I've submitted this story in the BDSM category, but I'm not sure that's the right place, please change or advise... Blah blah, whatever extra info is relevant..

It seems to work pretty well...

Nothing to see here...
SydneySider
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 5:52:11 PM

LittleLuce wrote:
I'd like to see the black box message allow longer messages as I often only use my phone because I'm away.

Actually, this option has been expanded already. And it's designed for quick messages. Your other, and I think better option, is a chat window such should work on your mobile browser.

kylie_kained
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 7:19:09 PM

I had a 3 day problem of my own making. With the chat rooms that we can now set ourself's I had to change colour text, that I didn't mind. I logged out after my session the colour I used in the room was white, next time I visited lush's normal rooms I didn't notice that my colour was still white. Would it be possible to have a default text colour in the main rooms?

KatieR
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:52:08 AM

Make the Android app function like here. Users able to login, visit chat rooms, access theirs and others profiles. Trying to chat here on a mobile is frustrating. Be it chat room or private. Connections get dropped, screens get blasted out and buttons are too small when they get scaled down.

Sig won't let me use a remote image..:(
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 10:42:26 PM

It would be cool if we could have a counter for how many times an audio story has been listened to, much like the view count for non audio stories.
LYFBUZ
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 1:32:31 AM

Clearly we need to be a bit more forward thinking here

What Lush really needs is an option where you touch the av on your screen and your friend instantly appears in your lap or other desired location (with the usual privacy features and access controls of course)
kiera
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 2:17:44 AM

LYFBUZ wrote:
Clearly we need to be a bit more forward thinking here

What Lush really needs is an option where you touch the av on your screen and your friend instantly appears in your lap or other desired location (with the usual privacy features and access controls of course)

Lfunny Lfunny Lfunny Lfunny I concur, for example if im thirsty I could just tap ur av and get a glass of water kekekegay
nicola
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 4:32:28 AM

naughtyannie wrote:

There's no need. We have it coded so that mods can see all the changes that have been made to a story, one colour for additions, one for deletions. icon_smile
naughtyannie
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 6:56:59 AM

That's brilliant- and Mazza's suggestion about adding a little note at the top is good too. Thanks for replying.

The Filthy World of Naughty Annie. Three new stories, now available from the Kindle Store:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Filthy-World-Naughty-Annie-ebook/dp/B076HBFQ24/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1508276376&sr=1-1&keywords=annie+harrison

Buy now, for less than the price of a cup of fancy coffee. And totally caffeine-free.
Poppet
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 8:15:23 PM

I've thought about this a time or two and thought I'd finally throw it out here. I think we should have a number to show how many under the "following us". Kind of like the friends one, but for followers. It would be nice to know in total, without trying to count them all.

http://www.lushstories.com/poppet/following

Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 9:24:57 PM

Poppet wrote:
I've thought about this a time or two and thought I'd finally throw it out here. I think we should have a number to show how many under the "following us". Kind of like the friends one, but for followers. It would be nice to know in total, without trying to count them all.

Great idea. Especially for those who have a lot of followers.
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 5:25:24 AM

Mazza wrote:

It would be useful, but it's not actually necessary...

What I usually do is just add a note at the top of the story, something like this:

If I've edited a story that's already posted...

**mods' note, please remove - all I've done here is fix a few typos and add a footnote. Thank you so much do taking the time, maz xx

Or, if I'm submitting it for the first time, maybe something like this...

**mods' note, please remove - I've submitted this story in the BDSM category, but I'm not sure that's the right place, please change or advise... Blah blah, whatever extra info is relevant..

It seems to work pretty well...

I love this idea! I am usually going back and forth with PMs, but this seems easier and more efficient. I think for moderators as well. Maybe we can get permanent To The Moderator's Note section while submitting? One santence 40 words tops, to avoid people write long paragraphs? I think this is brilliant Mazzathumbup
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 11:37:18 AM

People like writing with each other, so a collaborations category would be cool. I'm not sure how it would work, but it could be set up in some way that would allow both authors a credit, rather than having to put it in the body of the story or the one liner. It would probably be a pain in the arse to implement, but it would be very much appreciated.
Poppet
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 11:40:36 AM

GingerKitty wrote:
People like writing with each other, so a collaborations category would be cool. I'm not sure how it would work, but it could be set up in some way that would allow both authors a credit, rather than having to put it in the body of the story or the one liner. It would probably be a pain in the arse to implement, but it would be very much appreciated.

I agree with GingerKitty, I've written with three authors here and I would do so again with others. It would be fun to be able to have this category. Also, I'd like to see and know who else has written together. To see what and how they write together.

Mazza
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 11:57:37 AM

GingerKitty wrote:

I've also written with others - I think a collaborations category is a good idea, but what I'd really like to see a way of both authors being able to display the link to their joint work on their profile page.

I imagine you could have the same link on each writer's page, which, when clicked, would lead to and open the same story page - ie, the story would get the same number of views/votes/scores etc, regardless of whose page you had opened the link from?
(In much the same way as you can open a story from the front page, from the category in which it's contained, from the author's profile, from the top picks section, from the competition page, from a link in the forums/forum sig etc etc- you know what I mean?)

I just think that it would be great for both authors to be able to display what they had worked on, rather than having to decide who gets to post it...

Nothing to see here...
gav
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 1:38:06 PM

Poppet wrote:

Doneski!
gav
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 1:38:35 PM

GingerKitty wrote:
It would be cool if we could have a counter for how many times an audio story has been listened to, much like the view count for non audio stories.

Doneski!
gav
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 1:38:58 PM

naughtyannie wrote:

Doneski!
Shylass
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 1:52:25 PM

gav wrote:

Doneski!

gav wrote:

Doneski!

gav wrote:

Doneski!

You're feckin' AWESOME! Literally! Big Hugs

(It doesn't matter that it's little, because it's Magic*)

*I mean the Magic Teapot...

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 2:10:42 PM

gav wrote:

Doneski!

Hey, thanks. Have a beer! Pint Drunk
Poppet
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 2:25:59 PM

gav wrote:
Doneski!

Ah, forever reminding me how you're my super hero. *Swoons*