Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women Options · View
Liz
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 2:16:27 AM

Violence against women and girls is one of the most widespread violations of human rights. According to a 2013 WHO global study, 35 per cent of women worldwide have experienced either physical and/or sexual violence. However, some national studies show that up to 70 per cent of women have experienced physical and/or sexual violence in their lifetime from an intimate partner.

To raise awareness and trigger action to end this global scourge, the UN observes International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women on 25 November. The date marks the brutal assassination in 1960 of the three Mirabal sisters, political activists in the Dominican Republic.

Every year, 25 November and the ensuing 16 Days of Activism against Gender Violence which follow (ending on 10 December, Human Rights Day) are commemorated around the world, providing individuals and groups a chance to mobilize and call attention to the urgent need to end violence against women and girls.

Ending violence against women is one of UN Women’s key priority areas, with programmes addressing the pandemic implemented globally. UN Women also coordinates the UN Secretary-General’s UNiTE to End Violence against Women campaign and supports widespread social mobilization through its Say NO – UNiTE to End Violence against Women social media platforms on Facebook and Twitter. In addition, UN Women manages the UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women which commemorates its 17th anniversary in 2013.

Source: UN Women

Put a white ribbon on your profile page to show your support for this cause.

"Carefully written, fact-checked essay in the streets, unmoderated comments section in the sheets."

She
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 2:55:49 AM

I think women came a long way from how they were treated in the past. This doesn't justify abusive actions towards them, but I think that with all human revolutions we had, now is up to us, on individual level. We have access to all sorts of literature to change who we are and not to accept violence against us. All of this stands for modern democratic world, my concern and fear goes to women at the rest of the world.

Tranquil
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 8:57:27 AM

Awhile ago I was watching a british documentary on the abused male spouse.

I remember laughing at the idea when i saw the ads. However the stories of the physical abuse men also received from their wives was horrific in some cases.

I am a Woman, I believe we should have our rights. and yes this day is a wonderful event that needs to be there as the female abuse in this world is rather discussing. But I would like to point out the Male abused is still tightly hidden behind closed doors. friends would laugh if they found out those bruises are from the wife (Less of take it like a man attitude needs come into play I feel).

Check Out

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/curiosity-of-the-female-form.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/sixty-nine.aspx
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 10:21:55 AM

We all should do our best to eliminate violence against women and young girls.
SereneProdigy
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 7:26:18 PM

Here's a nice banner to post in your blog. I resized it so that the width fits perfectly.

lafayettemister
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 3:34:23 PM

Everyday should be International Day for Elimination of Violence Against Everyone day.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
nazhinaz
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 12:46:29 AM

WHAT YOU THINK OF ABUSE WITH MALE GENDER?
We too are treated so bad by our partners or friends from other gender.
I believe United Nations formed in 1945 did right to add violence against women and to observe a day for that cause.
BUT NOW EQUALLY IMPORTANT IS THE CAUSE OF VIOLENCE AND BAD TREATMENT OF MALE GENDER TOO.
Monocle
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 8:43:57 AM

nazhinaz wrote:
I believe United Nations formed in 1945 did right to add violence against women and to observe a day for that cause.
BUT NOW EQUALLY IMPORTANT IS THE CAUSE OF VIOLENCE AND BAD TREATMENT OF MALE GENDER TOO.

All violence is reprehensible, I think we can agree. The existence of targeted violence against men because they are men is a) much (much) smaller and b) does not have an army of cultural apologists.
BiMale73
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:44:25 AM

Monocle wrote:
All violence is reprehensible, I think we can agree. The existence of targeted violence against men because they are men is a) much (much) smaller and b) does not have an army of cultural apologists.

+1

William Thompson Designed the Confederate Flag Explicitly as a Racist Symbol
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 11:44:45 AM

Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 6:31:46 PM

Yes we do.

nazhinaz
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 3:19:58 AM

Monocle wrote:

I believe the term violence is conceived in much narrower perspective.
Violence against Male gender is not merely physically bur mental and sexual too.
Is it not a mental torture to take a man to sexual height and leave him unsatisfied?
Most girls do tease like that and I conceive it a worst form of violence.
Liz
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 4:14:53 AM

nazhinaz wrote:

Violence against Male gender is not merely physically bur mental and sexual too.
Is it not a mental torture to take a man to sexual height and leave him unsatisfied?

I know you're not seriously comparing physical abuse to being a 'cock tease'.

"Carefully written, fact-checked essay in the streets, unmoderated comments section in the sheets."

She
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 4:54:57 AM

nazhinaz wrote:

True, however, these are few days for introspective and to remember all the abusive actions that was going on through so many centuries against the female gender. We came a very long way but still not there just yet. Men do get abused specially after you guys had to deal with feminist movement, it was not easy on you that's correct, but not nearly as much as women still have to deal with different violence against them. I suggest for all of us to remeber this.

nazhinaz wrote:

Please, don't blame women because you cannot keep it in your pants. Are you saying that women should wear burka, just because some of you men get aroused by female form in miniskirt and don't know how to deal with it?
Worst form of violence is teasing? You are kidding right?
She
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 5:00:59 AM

nazhinaz wrote:

that is child abuse, different thing.
and yes it is violence against men is equal but just because we are equal and every life important as next one, but do not make violence against women irrelevant just because of that.
Liz
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 5:23:11 AM

She wrote:

that is child abuse, different thing.
and yes it is violence against men is equal but just because we are equal and every life important as next one, but do not make violence against women irrelevant just because of that.

Where did he mention anything about children?

She
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 5:27:47 AM

Liz wrote:

Where did he mention anything about children?

nazhinaz wrote:

We too are treated so bad by our partners

I am pretty sure he was reffering to childhood when saying that, but could be wrong as well.
Liz
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 5:34:01 AM

She wrote:

I am pretty sure he was reffering to childhood when saying that, but could be wrong as well.

Did you read that right? confused5

Partners, not parents.

She
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 5:37:25 AM

Liz wrote:

Did you read that right? confused5

Partners, not parents.

fuck, I am so sorry Nazhinaz!!! I misread it!
I guess is my week of Lush apologising! Sorry again Nazhinaz, and thanks Liz for pointing that out.
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 5:45:14 AM

lafayettemister wrote:
Everyday should be International Day for Elimination of Violence Against Everyone day.

couldn't agree more
MadMartigan
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 6:09:06 AM

Liz wrote:

I know you're not seriously comparing physical abuse to being a 'cock tease'.

Agreed.

In fact. That kind of pisses me off as I have a sister in law that works with women who've suffered domestic abuse and rape.

Blue balling as a severe form of mental and physical abuse? I sincerely hope the man was being sarcastic as that is callousness of the highest order.

Mental torture? What a bunch of disgusting bullshit. If the man can't keep himself under control, that's on him. He doesn't have a right to sex with a women. Sex with a woman is a privilege given out by women when they feel safe giving it out. It's as simple as that.
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 7:51:11 AM

this is exactly why i wrote what i did on the forum topic that posted sexy pictures of women wearing undershirts and used what i considered a violent and sexist term for undershirts. i only got two replies about it...so i guess that wasn't too bad. Thanks for posting this Liz.

g
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 7:57:40 AM

MadMartigan wrote:

Agreed.

In fact. That kind of pisses me off as I have a sister in law that works with women who've suffered domestic abuse and rape.

Blue balling as a severe form of mental and physical abuse? I sincerely hope the man was being sarcastic as that is callousness of the highest order.

Mental torture? What a bunch of disgusting bullshit. If the man can't keep himself under control, that's on him. He doesn't have a right to sex with a women. Sex with a woman is a privilege given out by women when they feel safe giving it out. It's as simple as that.

Well said.
I'd like to see him go up to a victim who's being given physical and mental therapy and tell them that they should feel lucky, his case of blue balls makes him the real victim.
LadyX
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 8:13:59 AM

nazhinaz wrote:

Dani
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 10:02:24 AM

nazhinaz wrote:

All violence is bad. But I don't think creating a thread in support of non-violence against women means that we're FOR violence against men.

The subject at hand is the elimination of violence against women. You're free to start your own thread about the elimination of violence against men. I don't think you'll get any backlash for it as long as you don't try to equate blue balls with domestic or non-domestic abuse and/or rape.

"Bitch, who asked you?" - A Bitch Who Didn't Ask You

LadyX
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 10:11:47 AM

slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:

I don't think you'll get any backlash for it as long as you don't try to equate blue balls with domestic or non-domestic abuse and/or rape.

Not to disagree with you, but I'm actually looking forward to hearing this clown justify the comparison he just made. I'm sure it will be as rich as german chocolate. But if not, then I'll happily contribute to a thread based on the plight of poor, poor men whose chattel are too insolent to satisfy them.
Dani
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 10:16:04 AM

LadyX wrote:

Not to disagree with you, but I'm actually looking forward to hearing this clown justify the comparison he just made. I'm sure it will be as rich as german chocolate. But if not, then I'll happily contribute to a thread based on the plight of poor, poor men whose chattel are too insolent to satisfy them.

I'm sure you are. I'm sure we all are. But I was just trying to save him from himself, ya know? 'Tis the Season and all that.

LadyX
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 10:18:51 AM

I'm sure you are. I'm sure we all are. But I was just trying to save him from himself, ya know? 'Tis the Season and all that.

pfft.
Dani
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 10:19:50 AM

LadyX wrote:

pfft.

Is that sass?

LadyX
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 10:23:50 AM

Is that sass?