Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

You've GOT to be kidding Me! Options · View
lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:23:31 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/4/2010
Posts: 6,577
Location: Alabama, United States
School drops sexual harrassment claim/charge





When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Magical_felix
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:35:53 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 7,927
Location: California


Quote:
Yelton's mother, Jennifer Saunders, said her son had an "innocent crush" on the girl and kissed her on the hand during a reading group.

But the mother of the girl, Jade Masters-Ownbey, said that Hunter had tried to kiss her daughter "over and over" without her permission, and that she supported the suspension.

"Not once, but over and over," Masters-Ownbey wrote on Facebook. "Not with her permission but sneaking up on her."

"I've had to coach her about what to do when you don't want someone touching you," she told the Canon City Daily Record. "But they won't stop."

Hunter already had received an in-school suspension for kissing the same girl.

Saunders said she understood the most recent suspension, but that the sexual harassment label was unwarranted.


I find it odd that some of you think this is the genesis of being a gentleman and not the complete opposite.

Guest
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:44:10 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 821,069
Nikki703 wrote:


I have read several accounts of this story from several different sources and I have not found one where it says the girl had a problem with it or said stop or No. The school had a problem with it and after it became known her parents had a problem with it. But I have read where they considered themselves BF and GF.

I still agree the boy should be disciplined and taught that this behavior is wrong and school rules need to be obeyed. Having sexual harassment on his record is just crazy. If after all this it continues then maybe. But this seems like a case of blowing an innocent act totally out of proportion.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/colorado-year-suspended-kissing-girl-21161245

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/11/living/6-year-old-suspended-kissing-girl/index.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/6-year-old-colo-boy-suspended-for-kissing-girl/


In the articles I read, the only people saying that the girl was fine with it was the little boy and his mother, there are accounts that say the little girl complained about him and didn't want him to do it. Of course the little boy's mother is going to say the girl was ok with it, she's trying to protect her son. The mother needs to teach her son that you are not boyfriend and girlfriend just because you have a crush on someone, especially if they don't like you back and don't want you to touch them.
Nikki703
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:49:22 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 14,400
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
Magma_Boils_333 wrote:


In the articles I read, the only people saying that the girl was fine with it was the little boy and his mother, there are accounts that say the little girl complained about him and didn't want him to do it. Of course the little boy's mother is going to say the girl was ok with it, she's trying to protect her son. The mother needs to teach her son that you are not boyfriend and girlfriend just because you have a crush on someone, especially if they don't like you back and don't want you to touch them.


Whrere? Id like to read those.
Guest
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:53:49 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 821,069
Nikki703 wrote:


Whrere? Id like to read those.


They're everywhere.

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/news/canoncity-local-news/ci_24702103/mother-girl-involved-kissing-discipline-speaks-out

In this one, the little girl's mother speaks out and says she repeatedly told him to stop.

Even in the one where they drop the title from him, it says his advances were unwelcome

http://news.yahoo.com/boy-girl-kiss-suspension-144115689.html

Instead of admitting her son did something wrong, the boy's mother says that the little girl liked him back and they were boyfriend and girlfriend. Unless she changes her attitude, she's going to be saying the same thing at his harassment or worse trials when he gets older, she's not teaching him anything about boundaries, she's basically saying the girl wanted it when clearly she didn't.
Nikki703
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:53:50 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 14,400
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
Magical_felix wrote:


I find it odd that some of you think this is the genesis of being a gentleman and not the complete opposite.


I don't think it means he will be a gentleman any more than I think it means he will be a sexual predator. I think it was just an innocent act by a boy who liked a girl and he needs to be taught not to do things like that. I think the school is covering its ass by suspending him. I think the girls parents are planning a suit against the boys family and the school. I think it is just another case of a non-story being blown way the fuck out of proportion!!

But that's just me, WTF do I know!
Magical_felix
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:04:00 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 7,927
Location: California
Nikki703 wrote:


Whrere? Id like to read those.


Just simple common sense would tell you that the school found out in the first place because the girl told on him. It's not like the school is watching every kid every second. Especially if he is sneaking up on her.

The fact that it went so far as to get the kid a suspension and he still did it again let's you know the boy's mother didn't really tell the kid to not do it again or 'else'.

Usually when someone is suspended the school will question all the students involved. Doesn't seem she liked it or wanted it if he had to sneak up on her.

Magical_felix
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:07:11 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 7,927
Location: California
Nikki703 wrote:


I think it is just another case of a non-story being blown way the fuck out of proportion!!


That is true, in some of my original posts in this thread I was saying how the media leaves a lot of things out to make a more sensational story.

Nikki703
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:48:19 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 14,400
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
Magma_Boils_333 wrote:


They're everywhere.

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/news/canoncity-local-news/ci_24702103/mother-girl-involved-kissing-discipline-speaks-out

In this one, the little girl's mother speaks out and says she repeatedly told him to stop.

Even in the one where they drop the title from him, it says his advances were unwelcome

http://news.yahoo.com/boy-girl-kiss-suspension-144115689.html

Instead of admitting her son did something wrong, the boy's mother says that the little girl liked him back and they were boyfriend and girlfriend. Unless she changes her attitude, she's going to be saying the same thing at his harassment or worse trials when he gets older, she's not teaching him anything about boundaries, she's basically saying the girl wanted it when clearly she didn't.


OK, now lets see if I understand this all.

The boys mother says he kissed her cheek, was told it was wrong and then he kisses her hand and gets suspended. The boys mom says they considered themselves BF and GF. So she is just defending her son.

The girls mom says it has happened over and over and over and the girl said NO. She even had to have her older brother protect her. This mom is speaking the truth, not protecting her daughter.

The school only speaks of the 2 incidents. Suspends the boy. After all the backlash from the public drops the sexual harassment charges.

Did the girls mom tell the school about it after the 2nd kiss? The 5th? The 50th? Did the school wait too long to react? Since the girls mom says the school is doing a great job of protecting her daughter, I have to believe the school suspended him as soon as she complained. So why didnt she tell the school earlier if it had been happening for so long? So who is telling the actual truth here?
Guest
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 12:04:31 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 821,069
Nikki703 wrote:


OK, now lets see if I understand this all.

The boys mother says he kissed her cheek, was told it was wrong and then he kisses her hand and gets suspended. The boys mom says they considered themselves BF and GF. So she is just defending her son.

The girls mom says it has happened over and over and over and the girl said NO. She even had to have her older brother protect her. This mom is speaking the truth, not protecting her daughter.

The school only speaks of the 2 incidents. Suspends the boy. After all the backlash from the public drops the sexual harassment charges.

Did the girls mom tell the school about it after the 2nd kiss? The 5th? The 50th? Did the school wait too long to react? Since the girls mom says the school is doing a great job of protecting her daughter, I have to believe the school suspended him as soon as she complained. So why didnt she tell the school earlier if it had been happening for so long? So who is telling the actual truth here?


Do you really think that school teacher, school principle. school sociologist and school psychologist would jeopardize their jobs just over two kisses?? There are rules, school rules given by the goverment department and there is no way that you will convince me that school board would jeopardize their credibility with such a strong acusations just over two kisses. And that was sexuall harrasment. Maybe the name of the title is too strong for the kids but Hunter was sexually harrasing that girl, in childrens world kiss obviously is a big deal. I wonder how would you feel if a guy would keep kissing you eventhough you told thim, show him with your actions that you do not want that kiss. Why do you think kids are different? They have the same specter of emotions as we do, they just don't know how to express them in adult way.
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.