Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Male Haircuts Options · View
SereneProdigy
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 11:15:13 PM

Male Haircuts

For men : How do you like your hair? How often do you cut them? What products do you use?

For women : Which haircuts do you find attractive/ugly on a man?
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:48:18 AM

Of the three you posted, I like #2 the best. I strongly dislike the one on the far right.

I generally prefer shorter hair - anything from buzzed to medium-short with a little longer up top to style waved, a little spiked, messy or casually tousled.

I have the occasional weakness for a longer-haired surfer dude type look, but it has to be the right kind of looking guy to carry that off.

I hate 'feathered', longer flip-layered, side-swept bangs (or any bangs) on a guy, emo hair, Bieber-hair, pouffy hair, hair that's over-styled, over-gelled or has too much product in in. I think as far as hairstyles go - the longer *it looks* like a guy spent fixing and fussing over his hair, the less attractive I find it.

Mazza
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:54:04 AM

I'm not especially into the "look" of guys...

I agree with DD, A guy who's spent too much time on his hair is not that attractive to me - I don't want to be fighting for time at the mirror. Equally, I don't want him to look like a total scruff who doesn't give a fuck...

Somewhere in between is just fine. As long as he's not too grubby and not overly polished, I'm happy...
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:11:15 PM

Once every 4-5 weeks.....a little american crew! nothing to fancy just a little casually spiked/tousled
SereneProdigy
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:44:38 PM

Here's a nice guide I found for choosing which kind of product to use :

http://www.groominglounge.com/best-mens-hair-style-guide-tip

A few months ago, I created a thread here where I was hesitating between those 2 haircuts :

At first I tried to achieve the one on the left ; I was able to pull it off nicely when I just cut my hair, but then it was hard to maintain as my hair grew back longer. The little spiked 'crown' at the front was especially hard to achieve when my hair were longer. I had to mess around with my hair for quite some time in the morning and the results were not that great. I usually just told myself 'Ahh, fuck it!', and then was left with an haircut that looked so-so for the rest of the day.

Now I'm leaning for something that looks more like the haircut on the right. Apparently it's called an Ivy League. My hair have that natural growth tendency to be swept on one side, so I don't really have to mess with them a lot in the morning to achieve it. Plus, as my hair grow back longer it's not really an issue as they simply fall back on top of each other (if that makes sense).

For some reason the guy on picture looks rather fashionnable, but the haircut is actually a nice compromise between something tidy and casual. I cut my hair once every 3 weeks to keep the buzzed sides as short as possible.

I'm still trying to find the perfect hair product though ; maybe someone can help with that? I basically buy a new product every now and then, but so far they're either too 'gummy' or don't have enough hold. Currently, I'm using a cream that has a nice hold and looks very natural, but also gives a little 'Eww' sensation when I touch my hair.

LASARDaddy
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:01:57 PM

I never cut mine. I need to though, it's getting to long and I can't take care of it any more.

I am always a gentleman.
Wilful
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 1:56:19 AM

Short back and sides. I like a haircut you can set your watch to.

When my wife won't let me get a full bore buzz cut, I get a Number 2 around the back and sides, and as short as they can get it on the top with scissors. Every six to eight weeks, or until the fro gives me the shits, and nowhere you need an appointment. And definitely no product...unless my wife makes me.

Please check out my latest story, Kibeho
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:00:47 AM

I keep my hair buzzed as close to the head as possible. I did shave it completely bald for a bit, but found that by the end of the day it was like sandpaper, and shirts would not slide on or off easy and it was just rough. So keeping it buzzed tight allows for the same general look, but is soft on the hands when you run them over the head, and it does not snag or grab things when passed over it. LOL

For women, I have no set like or dislike. It is all about what suits the women. Some women however don't understand that head shape, face structure and other things will help dictate a good haircut for them; NOT what some model looks like in a magazine. You will not look like HER unless YOU LOOK LIKE HER. ;) What works on her could very well NOT work on you... and often times does not. But that is just like clothing.

ADDED: As for the pictures posted so far, I have no problems with any of them but the far right in the first post. I never got the whole "I am 4 years old and don't know how to comb my hair" look, or the "I am too lazy to comb my hair when I get out of bed" look. And the whole "I think not shaving or sculpting my facial hair to look like I can't grow a beard and am a lazy slob will really attract a woman" just blows my mind. More so coupled with the hair style (if you want to call it that) seen in the far right picture. Dude, if you can't grow facial hair, DON'T TRY. And for heaven's sake, shave that crap off your neck.
CurlyGirly
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:05:03 AM

Mazza wrote:
I'm not especially into the "look" of guys...

I agree with DD, A guy who's spent too much time on his hair is not that attractive to me - I don't want to be fighting for time at the mirror. Equally, I don't want him to look like a total scruff who doesn't give a fuck...

Somewhere in between is just fine. As long as he's not too grubby and not overly polished, I'm happy...

Ha! I was thinking the exact same thing.

I couldn't be in a relationship with a guy who was that high maintenance. I think someone mentioned a #2 around the sides and back and longer on the top. Sounds like the perfect description of a men's haircut to me. Not interested in someone who's that fastidious about their hair/clothing, because it's not my style either. dontknow A guy on Lush actually said he "shit, showered, and shaved" in the morning. Maybe throw on a little deodorant and it's all good. I know it's crass, but made me laugh. evil4

It won a potato. Aren't you intrigued?

Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 1:58:29 PM

Seems I'm the total opposite thus far. I love long hair, dreads, curly hair, afros, ponytails...the list goes on.
It does take the right kind of guy to pull it off though.

Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:52:04 PM

In the Spring and Summer; I cut my hair clean and low with a fade. In the Fall and Winter; I keep my hair dark with a fade. Gotta love the fade. thumbright
SereneProdigy
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:45:00 PM

A nice link I found that defines terms and haircuts :

http://haircutsformen.org/buzz/pages/tipsgreatcuts2.htm
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 5:30:17 PM

It really depends on the man, his looks, his hair texture, his style and his profession. I have dated guys with long hair, short hair, buzzed and medium length. I don't even mind a guy who spends a little time on his looks as long as his personality is down to earth and real. I tend to like edge in a man's style though. Plus the guy on the right is sadly out of style. The early 2000s are about to kidnap him back.
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 5:56:39 PM

I keep my hair longer, halfway down my shoulder-blades. If I'm going out someplace nice, then I do spend some time on it; highlights and such - M'Lady and I have a double vanity in the bath, so we can both work on our appearance.

For work or casual, a quick brush, something to hold it in a pony-tail and I'm set
Poppet
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 6:59:14 PM

I don’t have a style I like, it all depends on the man. It goes with them, who they are, and how they carry it. It can change man to man. As long as he takes care of it, regardless of how he styles it, it’s fine by me.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ You Inspire Me Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Buz
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 10:23:16 PM

I like my haircut every 2 weeks. #3 on the sides and #7 on top. I towel it dry and a brush or comb never touches it. I wash it everyday and use conditioner to keep it soft. In the winter (Dec-Jan-Feb) I grow a very short beard or goatee. I trim my beard or goatee every other day with a beard trimmer, #2. The other 9 months I'm clean shaven.

When I was engaged my wife wanted me to grow long hair for the wedding. By the time we got married it was well past my shoulders. What I didn't like but my wife did love, was that when it gets long my hair develops lots of long loopy curls or waves. I prefer my hair short. I once shaved my head.

Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 10:54:01 PM

Men in my age group are lucky to have hair to do something with. I tend to like fairly short hair on a man, but not too "styled". Longer hair on a man can be attractive, just not bald on top with a pony tail.
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 11:14:19 PM

Buz wrote:
I like my haircut every 2 weeks. #3 on the sides and #7 on top. I towel it dry and a brush or comb never touches it. I wash it everyday and use conditioner to keep it soft. In the winter (Dec-Jan-Feb) I grow a very short beard or goatee. I trim my beard or goatee every other day with a beard trimmer, #2. The other 9 months I'm clean shaven.

When I was engaged my wife wanted me to grow long hair for the wedding. By the time we got married it was well past my shoulders. What I didn't like but my wife did love, was that when it gets long my hair develops lots of long loopy curls or waves. I prefer my hair short. I once shaved my head.

When my hubs grows his hair out, he doesn't even care and it looks better than mine! What is with you men? Unfair.
Tigereyez
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 11:50:40 PM

I like to keep mine short now. Had it long when I was younger, but don't like that look anymore. I've even shaved my head before and will probably do it again.
Mandal46
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2013 10:09:59 AM

Having gone through the whole spectrum of hairstyles, from afro, wavy, long and crewcut, I always seem to revert to my favoured style of the 60's. Now in my mid sixties and still with a full head of hair (allbeit now grey) I still tend to spend a little extra time to ensure that my hair always looks presentable before leaving the house.
splodger
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2013 11:06:49 AM

My hair is pants can't do much with it other than keep it tidy, though I do like the colour 50 shades of grey!!
SereneProdigy
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 11:44:54 PM

What's everyone's opinion about slick hair?
SydneySider
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2013 1:55:07 PM

I have mine cut every few months. My hair care is wash it daily, a very small amount of product to weigh it down a little, run my fingers though it while its wet, and Im done. I have been at the hair dresser and had guys walk in that look like they have just come from another hair dresser. I honestly dont get it..Im sure the barbers are making a small fortune on male vanity.

MissyLuvsYa
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2013 2:02:43 PM

No to slick or wet hair. No to perfectly placed or combed hair. I like short & dry hair on men.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2013 3:15:26 PM

SereneProdigy wrote:

What's everyone's opinion about slick hair?

I don't mind it. As long as it doesn't look overly greasy/slick. Too much product doesn't make hair very 'touchable'... at the same time, I get that product is a necessity for most guys. As long as it's not taken to an extreme, it's fine.

CharlotteRusse1
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2013 3:19:00 PM

I like short hair on a man. Even shaved looks good on some guys.

Writer of amateur erotica since 2011..See the latest at:

[url=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-chaise-lounge.aspx]
dpw
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 7:21:05 AM

Wilful wrote:
Short back and sides. I like a haircut you can set your watch to.

When my wife won't let me get a full bore buzz cut, I get a Number 2 around the back and sides, and as short as they can get it on the top with scissors. Every six to eight weeks, or until the fro gives me the shits, and nowhere you need an appointment. And definitely no product...unless my wife makes me.

I'm No2 all over. I used to go every 2 to 3 weeks, then a friend suggested I bought my own clippers. Never looked back.