Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Anyone into techo/dance/trance/progressive/hardstyle music? Options · View
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 4:29:07 AM

I was just wondering if there are some here who like the genres of techo/dance/trance/progressive/hardstyle music?hello1 bootyshake

If so, got any favorite Djs?

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 6:05:54 AM

I've seen these DJs live many times: Tiesto, Deep Dish, Oakenfold, Roger Sanchez, Dekoze, Manzone & Strong, Armin van Buuren, Hed Kandi... and many smaller ones...

My favorite has been Deep Dish
Dekoze is very tribal and dark so you have to be in the mood for that, but he's very intense.
Oakenfold is just a great classic of course
Tiesto (I didn't like as much as I thought I would for some reason!)

If you like house music, there are some great annual music festivals to check out (if you haven't already) that I would highly recommend (there's one in Miami every March, and BPM in playa del carmen every January).

And if you're really ready for the complete experience, then head to Ibiza... Just be warned, in the larger clubs, bottles of water cost $20 US. LOL

Piquet
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 7:40:49 AM

Right back at ya Lunchbox man & Dancing_Doll.

I love Tiesto, Sanchez, Hernan Cattaneo, Paul Oakenfold, and a few of Aussies : Destyn Masiello, Bexta and Anthony Papa. But the greatest of them all is, in my opinion, the master : James Zabiela !

Zabiela's
Utilities is a masterpiece.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/claudia-incarnatapart-vii.aspx
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 7:35:19 AM

Piquet wrote:
Right back at ya Lunchbox man & Dancing_Doll.

I love Tiesto, Sanchez, Hernan Cattaneo, Paul Oakenfold, and a few of Aussies : Destyn Masiello, Bexta and Anthony Papa. But the greatest of them all is, in my opinion, the master : James Zabiela !

Zabiela's
Utilities is a masterpiece.

There are 3 festival shows I would love to catch...

Sensation white & black
Qlimax
Defcon.

I tend to gravitate towards Hardstyle and Hard Trance, However, My Top Djs are:
Tiesto
Van Dyk
Okenfold
Van Buuren
Gabriel and Dresden
Sean Tyas
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 9:58:55 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
I've seen these DJs live many times: Tiesto, Deep Dish, Oakenfold, Roger Sanchez, Dekoze, Manzone & Strong, Armin van Buuren, Hed Kandi... and many smaller ones...

Dekoze is very tribal and dark so you have to be in the mood for that, but he's very intense.

If you like house music, there are some great annual music festivals to check out (if you haven't already) that I would highly recommend (there's one in Miami every March, and BPM in playa del carmen every January).

And if you're really ready for the complete experience, then head to Ibiza... Just be warned, in the larger clubs, bottles of water cost $20 US. LOL

When I can, I prefer to drive long distances rather than fly. I just love seeing what is. Last year I went out to Death Valley to hike form Shorty's well, -250 feet below sea level to telescope peak 11,049 feet above the valley. The drive was close to 1000 miles each way. I have satellite radio in my vehicle so I surf the musical landscpaes. I hit gold on this trip. I found dance/trance/electronic/etc.

The first think I heard was a Tiesto Sarah McLachlan remix that got me hooked. After hours of listening to different artists I became a convert.

I just love Tiesto, Oakenfold, Van Dyk, so much so I purchased loops for the garage band program I have on my iBook. Then intent is to create a trance background for my poetry. I don't know if it will work or not but what the hell it is worth a try. I suck at both right now, the jury is not in but I think eventually I will be able to do OK.
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 10:00:44 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:

When I can, I prefer to drive long distances rather than fly. I just love seeing what is. Last year I went out to Death Valley to hike form Shorty's well, -250 feet below sea level to telescope peak 11,049 feet above the valley. The drive was close to 1000 miles each way. I have satellite radio in my vehicle so I surf the musical landscapes. I hit gold on this trip. I found dance/trance/electronic/etc.

The first think I heard was a Tiesto Sarah McLachlan remix that got me hooked. After hours of listening to different artists I became a convert. I just love Tiesto, Oakenfold, Van Dyk.
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 11:30:39 AM

Chemical Brothers
Crystal Method
Tiesto
Doll turned me onto Dekoze last night in the chat room.
I favor Breaks, Big Beat, and Electro House.

Here are some links for online enjoyment, if you don't already have them. I like to start one up when I'm cruising Lush:

http://www.di.fm/

http://www.filtermusic.net/

Now start filling up your profile with vids and playlists so we can share. thumbright
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 12:04:31 PM

roccotool wrote:
Chemical Brothers
Crystal Method
Tiesto
Doll turned me onto Dekoze last night in the chat room.
I favor Breaks, Big Beat, and Electro House.

Here are some links for online enjoyment, if you don't already have them. I like to start one up when I'm cruising Lush:

http://www.di.fm/

http://www.filtermusic.net/

Now start filling up your profile with vids and playlists so we can share. thumbright

Rocco, check out www.myspace.com/djaddy when you get a chance. He's another amazing DJ from Toronto's extensive underground scene. He has a playlist of his mixes available there.

I checked playlist.com but unfortunately there is no way to upload your own music. Which is too bad, because I have a nice collection of CDs that can't be found anywhere on the net/stores from the likes of DJAddy, Dekoze, SydneyBlu, Manzone & Strong and DJ Undercover...

They have some great sounds!

Annie_S
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 2:43:43 AM

yummy, a topic 4 me:)
I love electronic music. I even mix and broadcast sometimes (not lately as I had to sell my equipment when moving abroad:( )
Progressive, tech and electro are my faves and I could mention thousands of names along with the ones you just said. Maybe, just one I really really love. He is my local citizen, seen him zillion times, and he IS THE BEST. Nick Warren is the man.
btw I am going to Ibiza for the closing parties this year and I live on Di.fm.
Annie_S
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 3:09:09 AM

ok, links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM0vBCDqdFw one of my current faves (that has a link), but I have to warn u, my taste is a bit, how to put it...less popular, than yours.
and an old gem, that brought back nice memories recently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8uV_AYPEI8
the one that gives u goosebumps:) all you need is the sunrise on the beach and one of those little...
ohh, Annie, shut up!
happy8
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 11:29:30 AM

Those are good. I found this Smartbomb jewel this year and use it whenever I go jogging.

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 10:10:05 AM

OK... purists will probably hate this... but if you want to hear something different...

This guy is a very cool local talent (and friend) that plays in and around North America and has been very popular the last couple of years doing Spring Break shows in Cancun, Acapulco etc. He plays electric guitar and jams with well known house and trance tunes... He really brings down the house.. Kind of like synthesizing rock and house...

Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 12:50:08 AM

Annie_S wrote:
yummy, a topic 4 me:)
I love electronic music. I even mix and broadcast sometimes (not lately as I had to sell my equipment when moving abroad:( )
Progressive, tech and electro are my faves and I could mention thousands of names along with the ones you just said. Maybe, just one I really really love. He is my local citizen, seen him zillion times, and he IS THE BEST. Nick Warren is the man.
btw I am going to Ibiza for the closing parties this year and I live on Di.fm.

I am a bedroom/Online dj myself.. have broadcast many a show in my day.. have not done it in a while .. though if anyone here would be interested I can put up a few pod casts....

and I hate you Annie_S I would sure love to go to Ibiza !!!!!
Annie_S
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 10:32:41 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
OK... purists will probably hate this... but if you want to hear something different...

This guy is a very cool local talent (and friend) that plays in and around North America and has been very popular the last couple of years doing Spring Break shows in Cancun, Acapulco etc. He plays electric guitar and jams with well known house and trance tunes... He really brings down the house.. Kind of like synthesizing rock and house...

uhh I luv this, it makes me wanna throw my hands in da air and dance around, pity, my housemate is home and would think I've gone crazy