Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Is there a Mod avaibale for a couple of questions? Options · View
DeepBlue
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 6:37:12 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 1/1/2014
Posts: 13
Location: Toronto, Canada
Thanks!

***
"What is important is here and now. " - Chögyam Trungpa 1939 - 1987


sprite
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 6:40:09 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 17,569
Location: My Tower, United States
probably one or two. what are your questions? :)

Live, love, laugh.
DeepBlue
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 6:46:47 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 1/1/2014
Posts: 13
Location: Toronto, Canada
Hi Sprite, thanks.
I have re-done that story that was rejected and I have been waiting for it to be verified. It's been over 24 hours almost.
Any chance of you taking a look? I hate to say the word "ignore" but I'm thinking maybe I pissed someone off because I've had to edit the thing a few times.
I'm not trying to be difficult, I promise. I have sent a few messages through the site and haven't heard back. Which lead me to think I was flagged or something.
Just askin...
Thanks!

***
"What is important is here and now. " - Chögyam Trungpa 1939 - 1987


Buz
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 7:03:58 PM

Rank: The Linebacker
Moderator

Joined: 3/2/2011
Posts: 8,060
Location: Atlanta, United States
There's no flagging. As long as you're giving it your best we're actually very excited to help. Sometimes the verification queue gets very long and it takes us a while to whittle it down. But we get to them as fast as we can. There are more of us than there used to be, so we're really getting them verified quicker.

sprite
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 7:05:26 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 17,569
Location: My Tower, United States
DeepBlue wrote:
Hi Sprite, thanks.
I have re-done that story that was rejected and I have been waiting for it to be verified. It's been over 24 hours almost.
Any chance of you taking a look? I hate to say the word "ignore" but I'm thinking maybe I pissed someone off because I've had to edit the thing a few times.
I'm not trying to be difficult, I promise. I have sent a few messages through the site and haven't heard back. Which lead me to think I was flagged or something.
Just askin...
Thanks!


for the record, just because we try our best to verify stories in a timely manner (other sites take much, much longer). here's how it works;. a story comes in, it goes in a que in the order it came in. gold members automatically go to the top of the que. we do our best to take them in the order received. were you flagged? no. that said, when a story is bounced several times for the same issue, sometimes we'll pull stories that we can approve quickly. you have to remember, if a story is returned 3 different times, that's just like doing 4 separate stories. that's 4 authors that we could have had up on the front page.

a few facts. an average story que is about 20 stories at a time - that means for every story we verify, a new one comes in, keeping it at 20. over the holidays, it was up to 47. on top of that, we had mods in and out, trying to enjoy their holidays. a few of us were up on christmas eve modding. some on christmas day. i love this job, i've been doing it for a long while now, and i love giving back to the site. that said, it's a hard job, it's time consuming, and it takes a lot of patience. think about it. 24 hours. it takes an average of 30 minutes to mod a story, sometimes more, sometimes a little less. we all have jobs, some of us have kids, we like to play on lush too on occasion. when we have time we even write.

what it boils down to is, be patient. your story will either be published or returned in good time.



Live, love, laugh.
DeepBlue
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 7:07:05 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 1/1/2014
Posts: 13
Location: Toronto, Canada
Thanks guys. I was hoping that it was just a long queue and "oh here's that guy again..."
Appreciate it. I am patient, but I am also new and after have the same story rejected a few times one begins to wonder is all.
Cheers!

***
"What is important is here and now. " - Chögyam Trungpa 1939 - 1987


Guest
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2014 5:15:16 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 692,742
I have to say that the Mods are quite willing to work with someone. My first Short (Dark Knight) was rejected four times, and PM interaction with the mods was informative and quite pleasant.

Don't give up hope, DeepBlue - try, try again :)
ArtMan
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2014 7:45:55 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/29/2011
Posts: 663
Location: South Florida, United States
The mods here are all volunteers who do a marvelous job. I think you'll find they are very pleasant and helpful.

You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

sprite
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 6:48:21 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 17,569
Location: My Tower, United States
ArtMan wrote:
The mods here are all volunteers who do a marvelous job. I think you'll find they are very pleasant and helpful.


until we kick down your door and beat you half to death for improper grammar. we take that shit seriously! evil5

Live, love, laugh.
asleep
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 7:07:48 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/30/2011
Posts: 3,923
Location: United States
sprite wrote:


until we kick down your door and beat you half to death for improper grammar. we take that shit seriously! evil5



laughing3 especially for us thats gots nary cents o gramer an spileng. Hey..got any beer suds cutesy?/

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/exit-33-trust.aspx

DirtyMartini
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 7:38:28 PM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,850
Location: Right here on Lush Stories..., United States
Whatever the question is, the answer is "Yes"...

Oh wait, I'm not a mod here...never mind...Regaeman Man



You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

Delphi
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 7:58:08 PM

Rank: Quiet Fire
Moderator

Joined: 6/30/2012
Posts: 2,134
Location: United States
sprite wrote:


until we kick down your door and beat you half to death for improper grammar. we take that shit seriously! evil5


WUT?

clown

kornslayer1
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 8:16:50 PM

Rank: Evil Metalhead Dude

Joined: 4/1/2011
Posts: 751
Location: My Own Personal Hell, United States
sprite wrote:


for the record, just because we try our best to verify stories in a timely manner (other sites take much, much longer). here's how it works;. a story comes in, it goes in a que in the order it came in. gold members automatically go to the top of the que. we do our best to take them in the order received. were you flagged? no. that said, when a story is bounced several times for the same issue, sometimes we'll pull stories that we can approve quickly. you have to remember, if a story is returned 3 different times, that's just like doing 4 separate stories. that's 4 authors that we could have had up on the front page.

a few facts. an average story que is about 20 stories at a time - that means for every story we verify, a new one comes in, keeping it at 20. over the holidays, it was up to 47. on top of that, we had mods in and out, trying to enjoy their holidays. a few of us were up on christmas eve modding. some on christmas day. i love this job, i've been doing it for a long while now, and i love giving back to the site. that said, it's a hard job, it's time consuming, and it takes a lot of patience. think about it. 24 hours. it takes an average of 30 minutes to mod a story, sometimes more, sometimes a little less. we all have jobs, some of us have kids, we like to play on lush too on occasion. when we have time we even write.

what it boils down to is, be patient. your story will either be published or returned in good time.

That's why I always thank the mod for verifying it, and working with me at times too.

Feel free to check out any of my stories. I have a few poems too.
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.