Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

do you believe in God? Options · View
Jonathans_Fantasies
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2014 6:27:25 PM

Yes.

Banner below is a clickable link!
sprite
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2014 6:34:07 PM

quite honestly, the answer is: sometimes.

there are times when i look around at the world and think, there has to be, this isn't all just some accident, so much beauty has to have has some sort of a guiding hand... but then i look at the world around me and think, how could someone let this happen? if there was a god with that kind of power, how could he just sit back and not do anything to ease the suffering? it really depends on my mood, i guess.

Live, love, laugh.
AmericanBeauty
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2014 6:43:32 PM

Yes I believe in God

shrpsf
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 12:34:09 AM

Yes. He and I go back a long time.

Frank
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 5:19:21 AM

Indeed I do! I am blessed.

Of all our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney

Nikki703
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 8:19:43 AM

Yes I do believe in God...............But sometimes I'm not sure if God believes in me!

Seriously, I was raised Catholic and while I don't agree with everything the church stands for, I do believe that God is there for us and loves us all!!
curious3045
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 8:40:15 AM

I completely agree with Nikki703. Almost the exact situation for me.

I would add that what Sprite said above rings true in my ears as well. She is very perceptive with her analogy Lapplause Lapplause

My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
RichInMich
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 12:07:20 PM

Definitely. Louie Giglio has an entire series for people who wonder how all of these things could have possibly been randomly made, and he makes you realize how incredibly elaborate everything was created and planned for.
Marineluva
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 12:12:33 PM

Yes, I do. Knowing him & his love for me is amazing. :)
adagio_sabadicus
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 12:13:17 PM

In order to believe in God, one must believe in themselves also. Shallow minds live in puddle and muddle through life. Of course I believe. Its so easy to see why.director
jollyjack
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 1:11:55 PM

Who....?

My Karma just ran over your Dogma
golf_nut
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 1:39:53 PM

Yes, I do. To believe is something you can't see is the ultimate test of faith in anything. To see a herion addict come clean, to see a body wracked by disease that doctors can't treat, only to be cured by some unknown reason that defies medical science. To see the beauty in a sunrise over the ocean, a sunset over the desert, the millions of stars in the night sky, the birth of a child. To believe in God is to believe in something bigger than ourselves.
SexySophie
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 1:45:37 PM

Given that the Universe is at least 13.5 billion years old since the big bang - and an incalculable time before. Given also that Quantum points out given enough time anything can and will happen and that with time comes the ability to get something from nothing - proven. Given also we are an insignificant little rock in an insignificant solar system revolving round an insignificant star and just a mere grain of sand in a galaxy of over 200 billion stars ... which itself is insignificant with over a billion other galaxies - which we know of .. and probably more.

Given also we aren't the first species to populate this insignificant little planet .... I just kinda figure it's a bit rich and grandiose of us to pre-suppose we are entitled to have a superior being or deity as our earthly mentor - how so ever you deem him/her to be.

Plus also. Every part of everyones body and blood and every single thing you touch, use or feel can be traced back - whole galaxies included - to the explosion of a Super Nova or rather many of them wherein the elements of the universe - as we know it - were first forged. We are stardust.

Neither am I blase enough to assume there is a life after death so therefore I'm saying I do not believe in a god of any kind.
Leiza350
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 1:49:01 PM

yes always,,,,,,,its the big 3 for me
Courtneyxoxo
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 2:03:48 PM

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius

I personally don't want to spend my life believing in something we have no actual evidence for, so I don't. If some actual evidence came out that couldn't be explained with anything other than "God did it", then I might be open to believing
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 2:54:00 PM

yes
Hotrod927
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 4:50:24 PM

yes
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 5:00:26 PM

I thought Jason Lee was a Scientologist? Sorry, thinking out loud. Mizpah.
KittenCupcake
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 6:02:53 PM

Not the Christian God, no. I believe in my God and Goddess (or Lord and Lady as I prefer) of the Pagan religion Wicca, so I do believe in something more than us... I just suppose, it's not the norm.

And before any ignorant yahoo goes shouting that Wicca is an evil religion, it is not, and I will not tolerate that kind of religious intolerance. Wicca and ALL Pagan religions are Earth-based, not evil, and, whether you chose to believe so or not, were around BC which also means they existed before Christianity or Catholicism.

~KittenCupcake in a relationship with GingerKitty

(which means I'm totally taken, so hands off or both this Kitten and my Kitty will have our claws in you... and not in a good way)
DLizze
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 9:28:23 PM

seeker4 wrote:
It depends on how one defines "God".

If one defines God as the transcendant Creator/Lord/Judge of traditional Christian belief, then I do not believe in God.

If one defines God more broadly, as that which we find fundamental to our existence; as something bigger than us of which we are a part, then I supposed I could be said to believe in God.

In essence, I am a pantheist of a sort. I believe that the Universe itself is a Divine thing which is a part of us and of which we are a part. It is transcendant to the extent that it is bigger than us and exists beyond us. It is our Creator to the extent that we owe our existence to it. However, I do not see that in terms of a personal God who makes conscious decisions and controls our lives, merely as the creative forces of existence personified with the name "God". I remain agnostic on the matter of a personal deity, meaning that for me such a deity is a matter of faith and, perhaps, mystical experience, neither of which I currently possess. In my view, we are, in a sense, the personal aspect of God.

I don't know that this is an exact description of my belief system, but it certainly comes close. I neither affirm nor deny the existence of a supreme BEING. (Either position requires the same acceptance on faith, of which I have little) That said, however, I firmly believe that energy and matter can be neither created nor destroyed. It logically follows then that (a) the universe, while BIG (to paraphrase Doug Adams) is finite; and, (b) we are all a part of the sum total of energy and matter in that universe. So if you define GOD as the sum total of all that is, then yes, under that definition, I believe.

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 9:28:36 PM

yes
mercianknight
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 7:07:07 AM

NightMan wrote:
Insufficient Data! I believe it's foolish to affirm or deny the existence of something that has not been proven nor dis proven.I do believe however there are things that are beyond our capability of understanding. And yet we keep trying anyway.Brick wall sheepholy

Yeah! What he said. laughing3

"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Aussie_kitty77
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 2:01:10 AM

yes

Tranquil
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 9:35:58 PM

asleep
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 10:36:45 PM

I rest comfortably in my deep belief in a Higher Power.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/exit-33-trust.aspx

AlexaFox
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 10:58:02 PM

i personally believe in evolution and science but i don't discredit people who do believe in a higher power/God/gods. who knows really. it honestly doesn't matter, just be a good person and have a full life. I grew up learning that "God" is a merciful and loving being who will always give forgiveness, so if u ask me, i believe he/it wouldn't care if i believed in his being, only that i treated others with kindness, caring, respect etc. I just don't like it when religious people push there beliefs on me, like i don't do that to people who do believe in God/gods. Also i don't like it when people only do good things because they think they'll get into "heaven"; do it because you want to help others and create a better life for someone, be self-less for you not for some "God"/"gods". That fake nice b.s is a pet peeve of mine. I think people use God/gods as a support system to get through hard times, someone to rant to, the best friend that cant give u lame advice, the person who tells you whats right and wrong and honestly, if someone can have that.. the more power to them. I just don't have that mind set; personally to me the evidence on evolution and scientific fact has more substance. Plus i believe in the ancient times, people needed that "God/gods" to explain the universe and the world, but that was before the great scientific minds and before biology, chemistry, and physics where truly discovered and developed into the science world we have today.

I have heard people say "God is an imaginary friend for adults." can't say i totally disagree (no offence! just my thoughts on the topic)

Check out my profile & add me as a friend!

Heat up your day with my erotic stories:
My Opportunistic Neighbor,The Dorm Room Diaries: Tempting Terrell,
Claiming the Rear Entrance

Strangerlyd
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:24:18 AM

golf_nut wrote:
Yes, I do. To believe is something you can't see is the ultimate test of faith in anything. To see a herion addict come clean, to see a body wracked by disease that doctors can't treat, only to be cured by some unknown reason that defies medical science. To see the beauty in a sunrise over the ocean, a sunset over the desert, the millions of stars in the night sky, the birth of a child. To believe in God is to believe in something bigger than ourselves.

Beautiful said...

Yes, I believe in GOD...

playsit
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:49:01 AM

As a professional designer, the longer I live, the more time I spend observing the complexities of the human body and nature as a whole, the more I think there is a grand designer who created everything. Is it the God of the Christian Bible? Who knows.
SirAlta
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:21:40 PM

This is an interesting question. There are those that deride the bible in it's many inconsistancies. There are those that believe in christian teachings to the base of thier very beiing.

Then there are those that believe that a bunch of nothing got together for no reason at all, then it exploded for no reason, then nothing happened for billions of years, then the earth had tiny crabs that became dinosaurs that then became people.

I cannot look into the night sky, at the beautiful vistas on this planet, or the face of a smiling baby and think that this is all simply an accident.

I offer no answers. I preach no gospel. Yes there is a God.

This god has done what it will do here. The rest is up to us.
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:14:11 PM

Some dinosaurs became birds, hominidae became people, and smiling babies.